ISE MONOGATARI ooc

Like, applying with 2 characters, or scraping this one and replace it with another?

That seems counter-productive...

What's the problem you have with this existing one?

Scrapping the other and apply with a new one. I don't have an issue with my current character other than that I really like the character concept idea I have now (and general nitpicking). :p

Though I might be too lazy to actually go for it. I'm no good in filling out CS's.

Jellyyy, I wish I had such talent.

I'm currently debating whether I should continue with this character or join in with a different character concept. Hnnnng.

You've got time to switch them out if you want. Or apply with another and see which one rolls better? XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Also, here's an idea: instead of scrapping it completely, save the character and that could be someone the group encounters on their journey?

You've got time to switch them out if you want. Or apply with another and see which one rolls better? XD

You mean compete with myself? :scream:

• Haha
Reactions: GuanYue
This is Dao setting up to draw character concepts. xD
SZpgEBA.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia and Jays
This is already more effort than I've put into anything in my life.

Good job.

• Love
Face concept sketch 1
The eyes are off, but I can fix that when I convert it to digital.
EnfKBO2.jpg

• Love
The biggest thing I'm struggling with right now is coming up with a given name for him. xD

• Haha
This still open? Also, hi, @Crow!

This still open? Also, hi, @Crow!

I was intending to invite you, but I thought your schedule was full.

Also, there are no reserves in this and only five spots. Just post the thing.

@Pravitas, still open. And just like Crow said. It's post app and I'll pick who gets accepted on April 28th. It says on the front page as well as in the info thread. =w= b
Let me know if you've got any other questions.

omg hi i'm sorry i've been mia it's been busy at work and they kept asking me to stay later and later and today is my birthday and i've been organizing hanging out with my family and now i've got some time to breathe and idk what else i'm doing today but hi don't leave meee.

We still here. I'll work on an OC tomorrow.

10d900ace4a488ec621872ccd8e40e73.jpg

Name:
Kasai, Meirō

Race:
Human

Traveling Merchant

Personality:
On the surface, a peppy woman, Meirō is always looking for a way to make some quick coin. It's not beyond her to rely on schemes and scams in her quest for riches, but it's not her fault if people fall for her trickery. Though selfish and conniving, she isn't against helping people in need — though she does prefer if you buy something afterwards. No stranger to thievery either, most of her wares come from other merchants too unaware to catch her quick movements while dealing with other, genuine customers. Underneath this exterior is a broken girl, truly terrified of poverty, and for good reason.

Bio:
Meirō was born to a poor family, but still managed to live her life happily. Both of her parents offered her more than enough love, and her stomach never knew hunger pain, even at the expense of their own. Only her father worked, as an offhand on a farm. Meals were often whatever the poor man could get his master to afford him. While the couple were well enough with just the two of them, the extra expense they found in their daughter only kept adding up.

Knowing things would quickly become dire if they didn't do something drastic, her mother and father borrowed some coin to keep the family afloat. Meirō didn't understand where the money came from, but it wasn't something her young mind concerned itself with anyway. Her father made sure they had a lucrative meal that night. None would be quite so magnificent for the family, but he wanted his family to at least be able to taste what it was like to have more. He invested in carpentry in an effort to make some extra money, but his works were far from the level that most carpenters were on, and few were willing to pay for his lesser creations.

Then everything collapsed. They were due to pay back on their loan, but Meirō's father hadn't made nearly enough money back. Begs and pleads went ignored, and but a few months after the young girl's fourteenth birthday, the Kasai household was burned to the ground. Only Meirō was fortunate enough to survive. Unable to move from the spot where she lost her parents, it was only when the farmer her father worked for offered to take her in that she took any sort of action trying to survive.

Though he gave her no money, she was afforded a place to sleep, and plentiful food from their harvest. It was only the man's feeling that he might've caused this incident by not giving her father more that fueled this symbiotic relationship. Years passed, but the nightmares never stopped. Too close to the place her parents met their end, Meirō needed to get away. To get away, she'd need money. The farmer made a fair bit selling his harvest, and trusted the girl with much by this point. That's what she used to her advantage. Under his nose, she snuck what she could of his harvest and ran off at nineteen years old.

The now young woman quickly realized how harsh the real world was. She'd not survive if she kept to the standard "buy low, sell high" routine most merchants followed. The connections weren't there, nor was the knowledge. Her only choice, in her eyes, were deception and thievery. Stealing from others and then lying about how amazing her newfound "product" was, she started making prettier and prettier pennies. When the lies wore off, she moved on to the next town, never staying much in any one place for very long. It was a high risk life, but it was something she needed to do.

For her, money meant survival, and the lack thereof meant death.

Skills & Abilities:
Meirō is a very quick and a very witty person. With her chosen method of maintaining wealth, she's been through a few confrontations, all of which ended in escape. While she doesn't know how to fight, she's more than fast and evasive enough to outrun and outmaneuver most pursuers. She also has a knack for persuasion, another necessary trait for her way of doing things.

Extra information:
For those she offers to speak more than a sales pitch to, the only name she goes by is Anzen, having abandoned the name she knew with her family. All they served as now were painful reminders.

• Love