Is your Desire the real thing?

@Mglo What a punk. No joke, he looks less 'sharp' and more 'douchebag'. Also using a lollipop to pretend that you're smoking also ain't kewl. But hey, that dude's fine. Accepted.

@Ookami So many best friends. It'd be a shame if something happened to them...:3 So weird though, imagining Shiburin as a peppy happy high school first year, considering how chill and murderous she is in the anime. A bunch of questions: in that big fight that hospitalized Mei for three weeks, did she start it? Was it actually a fight, or more like her getting the shit beaten out of her? Does she have any lasting injuries from that event? How has the death of her father and the disappearance of her mother affected her? Cause parental death is rather serious, and I'd like to see it have some actual effect on her life.

And hm...two school bands in one school...might work better if you and @MotherOfCthulhu simply fused it together, you know?

All these wimminz. Resisting desire to make sole male protag.

Too late. Mglo already made a dude.

What is your Name? Age? Gender?
My name? Yuuko, Kotabawayaka Yuuko. 14 years old and unless there is even more wrong with me I am a girl... .

What do you look like? A picture speaks a thousand words, but there are words that can explain what pictures can not.
Konachan.com%20-%20168391%20barefoot%20bed%20black_hair%20food%20game_console%20green_eyes%20kuroki_tomoko%20pocky%20rezi%20shorts%20watashi_ga_motenai_no_wa_dou_kangaetemo_omaera_ga_warui%21.jpg

There you have it, now stop staring...please? Fine, I tower around a glorious 4'10", happy now?​

Who are you? Tell me about yourself, your habits, your quirks, your fears.
What is there to say about myself? I'm just some small ant like everyone else on this stupid planet. Well, just so you know what I am about to say may sound arrogant, and I hate arrogance, I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it. I mean, a blind person doesn't go around and yells 'Attention worms! I am blind.' I never bother to remember the exact term for it, sure I could guess or something, but then I just end up telling you about some mental disorder that I have no real clue about. Anyways, I am simply delusional, I see, hear, feel and even smell things that do not exist. I don't quite recall when it all started, but I do remember some dumb imaginary friend cliché. Anyways, because of that, I spend most of my time indoors, it is way less scary here...of course I ignore pretty much all of that but sometimes...sometimes it is just not possible, and mirrors are especially scary. I hate mirrors.

Well, enough about this nonsense, as I said, I spend most of my time indoors, though I try to keep myself fit...barely, maybe if I had a friend to do sports with or something. Whatever. I browse the net and play games, I also like drawing...hehe...I am pretty sure you heard of the Doujin series 'Notice me Senpai!'? Yeah, that's from me, my pen-name is Yuyu-chan, though that is not something I tell just anyone. Oh and before I forget, don't you dare to steal that very original title for anything! Mhm, I guess you could say that at least I don't lack any creativity for my works thanks to my disorder? I am sure I could come up with more, even trash like me isn't that shallow, but that's too much work.

What are you? Where do you come from? Who are your parents? How was your life, up to this point?
More questions? 'I have better things to do with my time!' - would be something I wish I could say now without lying. I was born in Japan, some dumb village where everyone knew everyone and you had to say hello to every stranger or else something like 'Yuu is the rudest villager of them all!' would have spread like wildfire...why did I even care about that back then? My fathers name is Rinnosuke Tatari, I have no clue what he is up to now. My mom, with whom I currently live, is named Rin Kotabawayaka...god I hate that last name, so annoying to pronounce. Oh well, my life was pretty normal up to the point where 'seeing things' and having your imaginary best friend on your side all the time was deemed as inappropriate...after that? I visited doctors, took medicines, my parents parted ways yada yada. I wouldn't say I am currently happy nor unhappy with my life? Yeah, that sounds...fitting.

Whom are you acquainted with? Who are your friends? Rivals? Enemies? Role models?
Eh, I have a best friend! Nami. Nami-chan is awesome. Period. Though recently she has been rather...distant. Whatever, apart from Nami there isn't really anyone I would consider my friends. Most people are horrible, including me, and it is normal to hate horrible people, no? Good. And regarding a role model...well, sure, but not telling, don't worry though, it is something dumb that can not be achieved anyways.

What is it that you desire, that which you can not attain with your own power?
Eh? I kinda think that everything I want should be something I am supposed to work myself for or else I am not worthy of whatever. Like me trying to find out why Nami is all distant of a sudden.

And finally, child, what am I?
Since I am clearly wasting my time talking to myself, you are just another delusion, and on my ignore list.

Last edited:
@Skyswimsky Post in Stars Fall, nub. Also, you scrub, is your character a midget or something? Add in height and shit, cause that's actually going to matter when I drop you into a pit. Also, what an emo person. I'm surprised her desire wasn't to become the best doujin artist ever or something. XD Accepted. What a no lifing scrub.

Hey, @ERode do you mind cursing?

One of the tag-things on the thread specifically states Language: Explicit, but I guess no one reads those. Nope, I don't mind cursing, but some other characters might.

• Useful
Reactions: Karo
@Skyswimsky Post in Stars Fall, nub. Also, you scrub, is your character a midget or something? Add in height and shit, cause that's actually going to matter when I drop you into a pit. Also, what an emo person. I'm surprised her desire wasn't to become the best doujin artist ever or something. XD Accepted. What a no lifing scrub.
Did all of that! And since she already is the best doujin artist in the present, past and future, there is no need for her to desire that~

tumblr_nl7ta3QSUK1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

"Oh, hi."

NAS? Pretty forward don’t you think? Anyways… I’m Hitomi Miho, but sometimes people call me Mimi, much to my displeasure. I’m 18, and a girl, if it wasn’t obvious enough from my chest.

What do you look like? A picture speaks a thousand words, but there are words that can explain what pictures cannot.

1d2bae577b6d6d2091b3786064041465.jpg

Ignore the red eyes, my friends dragged me along to a costume party and I was unprepared. Thank god for colored contacts.

I have horrible dark circles under my eyes, which I used to cover with foundation until I just stopped giving a fuck. My hair is long and pretty thick, so I tend to keep it down, but I pull it up occasionally, if my hair band doesn’t snap. I’m also pretty tall compared to most of the girls around here, standing at around 5’5-5’6, and pretty slim, but not so light you could pick me up all that easily, weighing 125 pounds. I don’t usually wear anything too revealing, perhaps a tank top and shorts at the least, though I typically don’t like showing off my wrists, and will wear bracelets or hairbands on my arms if what I’m wearing doesn’t have sleeves.

Being perpetually tired, I can get pretty grumpy, but I’m usually fine if I’ve had some coffee. I guess people think I’m pretty stony, probably because of the whole grumpy thing, but those are only people who see me without my friends. I’m not the most extroverted person, but I’m sociable when I need to be, and I can get along pretty easily in conversation if it suits me. I think I’m friendly enough, but I also tend to speak my mind, which, to the passerby, can sound pretty distasteful, so a lot of people think I’m kind of a bitch. Which, I guess I don’t really care about, except it can get kind of annoying to get side glances from random people on the street. But whatever. I’m typically a give-no-fucks kind of person, except when it comes to superstitions. My parents have always been really superstitious, and I guess it rubbed off on me. That being said, I don’t believe everything people talk about in this town. Most of it sounds like bullshit.

As far as my habits go, I’m pretty much a professional coffee drinker at this point. Not just coffee, really anything with caffeine. Tea, energy drinks, you name it, if it has caffeine in it, I’ll drink it. I smoke a bit too, but it’s not a problem. I’m not really addicted to them, though I do like the energy I get from them, even if they taste like ass. Of course, in my house, alcohol is always abundant, so I drink a little bit now and then, but I’m trying to stay away from it, considering I keep finding myself spending less and less time sober when I’m home at night. Of course, with all the time on my hands I have picked up a few hobbies, most notably drawing. I mean, I’ve always loved it, but lately my talent has been picking up exponentially. I used to play cello and keyboard, but we had to sell my instruments to pay the water bill a few years ago, so I’m pretty sure I’ve lost the skill. I text my friends when the phone bill is paid, and go for nightly walks a lot. But mostly, I just take care of my dad.

Quirks? Oh god, I don’t know, I hallucinate sometimes, mostly at night. But what can you expect? Oh, and if you haven’t figured it out by now, I like to curse. A whole fucking lot actually. It’s not all that graceful, but I don’t really give a fuck. It's too hard of a habit to break, so I don't.

Alright, I don’t know why I’m telling you this but- I’m terrified of butterflies. I mean, they’re fine to watch from a distance, but up close… Ugh. They’re just so fucking freaky, with their weird straw tongue thingies and those big, fluttering wings. I’m getting creeped out just thinking of it.

What are you? Where do you come from? Who are your parents? How was your life, up to this point?

'What are you?' The fuck kind of a question is that? Anyways, I was born here. I’ve never been out of this town in my life. My parents were born here too, but my dad moved to Osaka for a few years before he came back and met my mother. Speaking of my parents, it’s a rather bitter story. It’s just me and my dad now; mom threw herself off a bridge when I was thirteen. Dad’s a struggling alcoholic who forgets to pay the bills most of the time, but I love him. At least he didn’t abandon me, well, not fully anyways. As far as my life goes, it’s pretty decent. A few bumps in the road, sure, but it’s not all shitty. After mom died, I had a period of depression, and did a few things I’m not entirely proud of, but it is what it is. I figured it out soon enough, and now I just enjoy the good and ride out the bad.

Whom are you acquainted with? Who are your friends? Rivals? Enemies? Role models?

Jesus Christ, you’re nosey. Hmph, anyways. I have a pretty good group of friends.

anime-girl-art-cold-cute-Favim.com-1910144.jpg

This is Ririko. She’s kinda my best friend. Her father’s German, which is why her features look a bit more European, but underneath that hat is a mess of brown roots, and her eyes are just as brown as mine, but she wears colored contacts a lot to make her eyes lighter.

Hotaru%20and%20Chiharu_zpsac9rbgpj.jpg

These two dorks are Hotaru and Chiharu. The brown haired one is Chiharu, and the black haired one is Hotaru. The two are inseparable, which is why I don’t really have a more recent photo, since Chi won't take a picture without Taru, and Taru is pretty camera shy, as you can see. But it's not too outdated, I took it about two years ago. They look pretty much the same, just more mature.

And for then there's this asshole:

f6eeed6739a50abb74e4cbc34e4159ad.jpg

Aw, adorable right?

Anime-guys-airplane456-34462245-500-345.png

Look at him now. This fuckhead is Keiji, my unofficial little brother. He likes to act like he’s all tough, but really he’s just an excitable little kid. Still love him though.
I’m kinda a mother to all of them, especially Keiji. Ririko likes to act like she’s done with all that house stuff, but other than rolling her eyes, she doesn’t protest my treatment. We’re all pretty close, and they’re always there for me when I need them.

I don’t really have any rivals or enemies, or rolemodels, though I do kinda admire Yasu Hiramada.

25aeb943f86eec6d10f35cfdfc55e4e7.jpg

She’s a mildly famous cello player and artist, and she’s helped to inspire my drawing style for years. I used to play her songs on my cello when I still had it, but now I just have to settle with listening to them.

What is it that you desire, that which you cannot attain with your own power?

I haven’t slept in two years. I don’t know why, and I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t even be alive at this point, but I can’t sleep. I’ve tried everything. Sleeping pills, meditation, weed, alcohol, fuck, I paid some weird ass voodoo chick a fuck ton of yen to cast a spell on me; nothing. Though, to be honest, at first I was okay with it. I used to have these awful, awful nightmares. I’d wake up screaming and drenched in my own piss. Until I had The Dream. Year after year of horrible dreams, and then all of a sudden, a calm, pleasant one. And the night after, I couldn’t sleep. Which I guess, if I'm not dying, isn't all that bad but... God, I just want to sleep.

I dunno, you could be a fucking hallucination for all I know. I see a few every once in a while. Who knows, all of this could be another nightmare.

Hey... Since I've already told you everything there is to know about me, I might as well show you what I'm talking about. I drew some of my hallucinations and the stuff from my dreams.

tumblr_njishb4vj51u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_njisdcVvgB1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_njisbeFplX1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

Sometimes, when the room is dark, I think I see shit like this. Probably all those vampire movies I watched.

tumblr_nijk7eN0Wn1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

When I used to have nightmares, I had this one reoccurring one for a week. Every time I fell asleep, it would just pick up where it left off. I was always drowning, or watching someone drown. I must have wet the bed fifty times that week.

tumblr_nj2946AfTV1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

One time I thought I saw the scars on my wrists moving, but when I rubbed my eyes they were gone. I don't even know what those are supposed to be, but they look like H's to me.

tumblr_nhnkuzlx3A1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

And then there's the woman. I see her sometimes on my night walks, especially if I've had a few drinks.
I don't really know what it all means, fuck, I'm probably just going crazy, but I feel like it's linked to my, ahem, insomnia. Whatever it is, it's scary as shit. I don't know how much more of this shit I can take. Maybe mom had the right idea...​

Last edited:
tumblr_nl7ta3QSUK1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

"Oh, hi."

NAS? Pretty forward don’t you think? Anyways… I’m Hitomi Miho, but sometimes people call me Mimi, much to my displeasure. I’m 18, and a girl, if it wasn’t obvious enough from my chest.

What do you look like? A picture speaks a thousand words, but there are words that can explain what pictures cannot.

1d2bae577b6d6d2091b3786064041465.jpg

Ignore the red eyes, my friends dragged me along to a costume party and I was unprepared. Thank god for colored contacts.

I have horrible dark circles under my eyes, which I used to cover with foundation until I just stopped giving a fuck. My hair is long and pretty thick, so I tend to keep it down, but I pull it up occasionally, if my hair band doesn’t snap. I’m also pretty tall compared to most of the girls around here, standing at around 5’5-5’6, and pretty slim, but not so light you could pick me up all that easily, weighing 125 pounds. I don’t usually wear anything too revealing, perhaps a tank top and shorts at the least, though I typically don’t like showing off my wrists, and will wear bracelets or hairbands on my arms if what I’m wearing doesn’t have sleeves.

Being perpetually tired, I can get pretty grumpy, but I’m usually fine if I’ve had some coffee. I guess people think I’m pretty stony, probably because of the whole grumpy thing, but those are only people who see me without my friends. I’m not the most extroverted person, but I’m sociable when I need to be, and I can get along pretty easily in conversation if it suits me. I think I’m friendly enough, but I also tend to speak my mind, which, to the passerby, can sound pretty distasteful, so a lot of people think I’m kind of a bitch. Which, I guess I don’t really care about, except it can get kind of annoying to get side glances from random people on the street. But whatever. I’m typically a give-no-fucks kind of person, except when it comes to superstitions. My parents have always been really superstitious, and I guess it rubbed off on me. That being said, I don’t believe everything people talk about in this town. Most of it sounds like bullshit.

As far as my habits go, I’m pretty much a professional coffee drinker at this point. Not just coffee, really anything with caffeine. Tea, energy drinks, you name it, if it has caffeine in it, I’ll drink it. I smoke a bit too, but it’s not a problem. I’m not really addicted to them, though I do like the energy I get from them, even if they taste like ass. Of course, in my house, alcohol is always abundant, so I drink a little bit now and then, but I’m trying to stay away from it, considering I keep finding myself spending less and less time sober when I’m home at night. Of course, with all the time on my hands I have picked up a few hobbies, most notably drawing. I mean, I’ve always loved it, but lately my talent has been picking up exponentially. I used to play cello and keyboard, but we had to sell my instruments to pay the water bill a few years ago, so I’m pretty sure I’ve lost the skill. I text my friends when the phone bill is paid, and go for nightly walks a lot. But mostly, I just take care of my dad.

Quirks? Oh god, I don’t know, I hallucinate sometimes, mostly at night. But what can you expect? Oh, and if you haven’t figured it out by now, I like to curse. A whole fucking lot actually. It’s not all that graceful, but I don’t really give a fuck. It's too hard of a habit to break, so I don't.

Alright, I don’t know why I’m telling you this but- I’m terrified of butterflies. I mean, they’re fine to watch from a distance, but up close… Ugh. They’re just so fucking freaky, with their weird straw tongue thingies and those big, fluttering wings. I’m getting creeped out just thinking of it.

'What are you?' The fuck kind of a question is that? Anyways, I was born here. I’ve never been out of this town in my life. My parents were born here too, but my dad moved to Osaka for a few years before he came back and met my mother. Speaking of my parents, it’s a rather bitter story. It’s just me and my dad now; mom threw herself off a bridge when I was thirteen. Dad’s a struggling alcoholic who forgets to pay the bills most of the time, but I love him. At least he didn’t abandon me, well, not fully anyways. As far as my life goes, it’s pretty decent. A few bumps in the road, sure, but it’s not all shitty. After mom died, I had a period of depression, and did a few things I’m not entirely proud of, but it is what it is. I figured it out soon enough, and now I just enjoy the good and ride out the bad.

Jesus Christ, you’re nosey. Hmph, anyways. I have a pretty good group of friends.

anime-girl-art-cold-cute-Favim.com-1910144.jpg

This is Ririko. She’s kinda my best friend. Her father’s German, which is why her features look a bit more European, but underneath that hat is a mess of brown roots, and her eyes are just as brown as mine, but she wears colored contacts a lot to make her eyes lighter.

165258-anime-girl-best-friends.jpg

These two dorks are Hotaru and Chiharu. The brown haired one is Chiharu, and the black haired one is Hotaru. The two are inseparable, which is why I don’t really have a more recent photo, since Chi won't take a picture without Hotaru, and Hotaru is pretty camera shy, as you can see. But it's not too outdated, I took it about two years ago. They look pretty much the same, just more mature.

And for then there's this asshole:

f6eeed6739a50abb74e4cbc34e4159ad.jpg

Aw, adorable right?

Anime-guys-airplane456-34462245-500-345.png

Look at him now. This fuckhead is Keiji, my unofficial little brother. He likes to act like he’s all tough, but really he’s just an excitable little kid. Still love him though.
I’m kinda a mother to all of them, especially Keiji. Ririko likes to act like she’s done with all that house stuff, but other than rolling her eyes, she doesn’t protest my treatment. We’re all pretty close, and they’re always there for me when I need them.

I don’t really have any rivals or enemies, or rolemodels, though I do kinda admire Yasu Hiramada.

25aeb943f86eec6d10f35cfdfc55e4e7.jpg

She’s a mildly famous cello player and artist, and she’s helped to inspire my drawing style for years. I used to play her songs on my cello when I still had it, but now I just have to settle with listening to them.

What is it that you desire, that which you cannot attain with your own power?

I haven’t slept in two years. I don’t know why, and I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t even be alive at this point, but I can’t sleep. I’ve tried everything. Sleeping pills, meditation, weed, alcohol, fuck, I paid some weird ass voodoo chick a fuck ton of yen to cast a spell on me; nothing. Though, to be honest, at first I was okay with it. I used to have these awful, awful nightmares. I’d wake up screaming and drenched in my own piss. Until I had The Dream. Year after year of horrible dreams, and then all of a sudden, a calm, pleasant one. And the night after, I couldn’t sleep. Which I guess, if I'm not dying, isn't all that bad but... God, I just want to sleep.

I dunno, you could be a fucking hallucination for all I know. I see a few every once in a while. Who knows, all of this could be another nightmare.

Hey... Since I've already told you everything there is to know about me, I might as well show you what I'm talking about. I drew some of my hallucinations and the stuff from my dreams.

tumblr_njishb4vj51u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_njisdcVvgB1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_njisbeFplX1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

Sometimes, when the room is dark, I think I see shit like this. Probably all those vampire movies I watched.

tumblr_nijk7eN0Wn1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

When I used to have nightmares, I had this one reoccurring one for a week. Every time I fell asleep, it would just pick up where it left off. I was always drowning, or watching someone drown. I must have wet the bed fifty times that week.

tumblr_nj2946AfTV1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

One time I thought I saw the scars on my wrists moving, but when I rubbed my eyes they were gone. I don't even know what those are supposed to be, but they look like H's to me.

tumblr_nhnkuzlx3A1u4bfgxo1_500.jpg

And then there's the woman. I see her sometimes on my night walks, especially if I've had a few drinks.
I don't really know what it all means, fuck, I'm probably just going crazy, but I feel like it's linked to my, ahem, insomnia. Whatever it is, it's scary as shit. I don't know how much more of this shit I can take. Maybe mom had the right idea...​

I like her!

@Karo I could imagine that Hitomi follows Yuu's online works or something! Apart from Notice me Senpai, because I had to do it with my bad humour, she makes pretty dark stuff.

@Karo I could imagine that Hitomi follows Yuu's online works or something! Apart from Notice me Senpai, because I had to do it with my bad humour, she makes pretty dark stuff.
I was thinking that too. I actually was gonna make Miho's rolemodel Yuyu-chan, but I decided against it at the last second and made Yasu instead (partially because I want to make Yasu a real character to use in an RP eventually).

I was thinking that too. I actually was gonna make Miho's rolemodel Yuyu-chan
I can only imagine the awkwardness that would have ensued if it came to light that 14 year old scrub is the role model of a 18 year old :D

I can only imagine the awkwardness that would have ensued if it came to light that 14 year old scrub is the role model of a 18 year old :D
That was also a factor, though it would have been funny.

Wow, where did everyone else even go? XD

Anyways, I would say that the RP would be starting...on Wednesday or something? Sounds about right in my head. After that, you have three days to post before the next plot-progressor pops up. Just giving all of you a heads up in regards to RP speed.

@Karo Kewl story bruh. Really though, that was a nice read. Does she just fall unconscious periodically though? Cause the record for no-sleeping is 11 days, naturally, while people sort die after six to 30 months without sleep. So yeah, she's not going to be very coherent or sane or healthy after 24 months without sleeping.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Wow, where did everyone else even go? XD

Anyways, I would say that the RP would be starting...on Wednesday or something? Sounds about right in my head. After that, you have three days to post before the next plot-progressor pops up. Just giving all of you a heads up in regards to RP speed.

@Karo Kewl story bruh. Really though, that was a nice read. Does she just fall unconscious periodically though? Cause the record for no-sleeping is 11 days, naturally, while people sort die after six to 30 months without sleep. So yeah, she's not going to be very coherent or sane or healthy after 24 months without sleeping.
She can pass out, but it isn't something that happens without being pushed by something, such as being physically knocked out or passing out from heat stroke, etc.. Since the reason of her inability to sleep is supernatural, it seemed plausible to me that she is able to survive without sleep. Of course, it does take its toll on her, with her being rather dragged down most of the time, and the hallucinations.

Accepted characters list has been updated. I almost feel like throwing Click and Asuras under the bus and starting now, but it seems like weekends for y'all are pretty inactive, so eh.

And if it's supernatural, it's fine then. She should learn pressure points sometime. Use that CIA sleep-pinch move to get a good night's rest every time. XD

Reactions: Karo
&$%&%$ STAT MIDTERM