Is your Desire the real thing?

Posted my CS on the previous page, please let me know if anything needs altering. ^_^
I'm not very good at writing in 'first person' for things like CSes hehe.

Hey, so can our characters have supernatural powers they don't exactly understand or completely know of? Perhaps as a result of a witch or something like that somewhere in their family tree?

I'd prefer if you didn't go that route, because that's pretty much what two-three people have PM'd me about already. XD

Oh, okay. I'll think of something else.

What is your Name? Age? Gender?
Kobayashi Hotaru! I'm fifteen--*Inappropriate gesture*-- and as you can see I am a girl!

What do you look like? A picture speaks a thousand words, but there are words that can explain what pictures can not.
K-On!.595307.jpg
I am short, I stand at 5'0" and sometimes when my older siblings want to mess with me, they'll use me as an arm rest! When I was younger I was very small so my mom always dressed me in bright colors so she wouldn't lose me at the store! I'm pretty skinny but due to my mom's horrible genes I still have fat on my face. My eyes are dark brown and so is my hair which is cut into a short style and I usually tie it up in two pig tails with beaded hair ornaments. I'm in high school so I have a uniform, but when I'm not at school I wear colorful hoodies, graphic tees, jeans (shorts if it's warm), and sneakers.

Who are you? Tell me about yourself, your habits, your quirks, your fears.
I just told you, I'm Kobayashi Hotaru--Oh. I'm kind of dense sometimes. Actually most times. I'm very honest, but that's because I have tourettes syndrome. I say whatever I think and a lot of the time people get offended. I don't take medicine for my condition because when I was younger the medicine made me really fat and I stopped talking to people and just stared at the wall all day.
I'm very athletic all though I don't belong to any of the school sports clubs. I don't like when people tell me how to run or climb and I like doing my own thing. There's a lot of space in and outside of my house and we have a lot of trees, so I can run and climb whenever I feel like it. When I climb I have a tendency to scare people by dropping leaves on them or fake bugs.
Even though I may seem fearless, I don't like being left alone. I mean I can be alone, but when I don't like being home alone. Even if they aren't talking to me or they're in the kitchen and I'm outside, I feel better just knowing that they're around.

What are you? Where do you come from? Who are your parents? How was your life, up to this point?
I am the second to youngest child in my family consisting of my mom, Hana, and dad Akira and my six siblings; Aki, Tohru, Natsumi, Hinata, Minami and Kyo, three girl and three boys. I was born in this town but my parents originally lived in Tokyo but after having Natsumi they found out that she had breathing problems and moved here so she could be in a healthier environment.
In Tokyo my mom was a florist and my dad was a carpenter but now they're both farmers and they grow the best vegetables and my mom still sells flowers. The fruit's kind of tart though.
The circumstances of my birth were odd and to this day my family thinks that's why I was born with tourettes syndrome. My mom went into labor earlier that usual when she was pregnant with me, their were complications and I could not come out of her --inappropriate gesture-- because her birthing canal was blocked, so I had to be cut out of her stomach. Two years later when it was discovered that I had tourettes, my dad joked that because my mom's body wouldn't release me, I said everything without thinking because I had been trapped for so long. Then when I was five I was still pretty tiny, but I also tended to stick close to my older siblings when going out, except for one time at the supermarket when I saw a free sample table and wandered off. My mom thought I had been snatched and called the police and everything, and the police found me at the free sample table eating all of the snacks. After that my mom made me wear bright colors, and kept me on one of those kid leashes.
My high school life is pretty ordinary, but I find ways to keep it interesting, like going hiking or trying new foods.

Whom are you acquainted with? Who are your friends? Rivals? Enemies? Role models?
I have a lot of friends, too many to name but my best friend is Fujioka Yuki, who likes me no matter what I say or do. She's been my friend since that incident at the supermarket (she had also wandered over to the table). I have a lot of enemies because of people getting offended at the things that I say, but there are too many to name.
I don't have any role models.

What is it that you desire, that which you can not attain with your own power?
I want to know why my little brother Kyo's toys keep floating and scaring him. I mean it's really cool, but he gets really scared and always comes to sleep in my room and he's a nasty bed wetter.

And finally, child, what am I?
A reporter? You ask a lot of questions.

Last edited:
@MotherOfCthulhu Of course. Only in Japan would being half-Russian give you completely non-Japanese features. But hey, wallflower power OP, and I did get a laugh with the 'Are you da devil' thing. Accepted.

@Polystical Is the inappropriate gesture supposed to be a middle finger? XD Just a heads up, but in Japan, the average female height is 5'2, so she'd actually be tall. Definitely waiting for one of the other characters to just go and impulsively pinch her cheeks. Also, from what I understand, Tourette's Syndrome is all about involuntary movements, not speaking what's on one's mind. So yeah, the syndrome and her honesty are two separate things.

Kirisama is not an island. It's on the coast of the mainland, just isolated due to really large mountains and what-not. Out of curiousity, what does Hotaru's parents do now? The size of the family totally makes me think of farmers. Outside of that, accepted.

Both of you will be first years of Kirisama High. Perhaps you two can work out a relationship together, being fellow newbies?

Probably like...200k-300k? With the demographic leaning towards older individuals. It's a ghost town, compared to Japan's other places. XD

Well then either it must be widespread or... Idk. My hometown Dublin is the 2nd fastest growing city (city, mind you) in California and it has a population of 52,000. Your town here seems mighty big. :\

For reference, Kyoto has 1.5 million people. Osaka has 2.6 million. Vancouver, my place, has 500k.

I must have misinterpreted the OP then, cause I've been under the assumption that Kirisama has a small-town feel to it. I don't think Vancouver would possess such a title.

@MotherOfCthulhu Of course. Only in Japan would being half-Russian give you completely non-Japanese features. But hey, wallflower power OP, and I did get a laugh with the 'Are you da devil' thing. Accepted.

@Polystical Is the inappropriate gesture supposed to be a middle finger? XD Just a heads up, but in Japan, the average female height is 5'2, so she'd actually be tall. Definitely waiting for one of the other characters to just go and impulsively pinch her cheeks. Also, from what I understand, Tourette's Syndrome is all about involuntary movements, not speaking what's on one's mind. So yeah, the syndrome and her honesty are two separate things.

Kirisama is not an island. It's on the coast of the mainland, just isolated due to really large mountains and what-not. Out of curiousity, what does Hotaru's parents do now? The size of the family totally makes me think of farmers. Outside of that, accepted.

Both of you will be first years of Kirisama High. Perhaps you two can work out a relationship together, being fellow newbies?
Okay I'll make the appropriate edits and include the parents occupations. And yes they are farmers. ^_^

On the subject of Tourette Syndrome however,;

People may experience:
Behavioral: repetitive movements, involuntary imitation of someone else's movements, meaningless repetition of own words, lack of restraint, hyperactivity, nonsense word repetition, impulsivity, swearing uncontrollably, aggression, or compulsive behavior
Muscular: tic, jerking muscle spasms, involuntary movements, difficulty with bodily movement, involuntary muscle contraction, or increased muscle activity
Mood: excitement, apprehension, or anger
Also common: frequent throat clearing, eyelid twitching, stuttering, repetitive blinking of eyes, learning disability, coughing, or anxiety

Oh and the inappropriate gestures are her pointing to her private areas.

Hm...mah, let's do some casual guesstimating math then~

High School, Middle School, and Elementary all have 5k students each = 15k children-teens
Assume single child with two parents = 30k parents
Assume grandparents are still alive = 60k grandparents
Assume there's a reasonably large group of unmarried kiddos = 20k loners

~125k overall for population. Japan, generally, has a pretty high population density anyways, so this should work.

@Polystical I see...welp, hopefully you don't get too unlucky with the involuntary movements or truth-speaking in more dangerous situations~

Any town smaller than NYC is a village to me.

@ERode Made some edits since we seem to be anti-blondes here.
As for the town size it sounds small but not the sort of small I'd been picturing. I live in a smallish City right close to our capital (we are a bypass route in some ways to get to London) and we only have 84,000 people in my town and we're considered a pretty big town. That said London itself is a major city and our capital and has 8.308 Million people and since I'm not majorly up to date with the economics of other countries I'm cool with deferring to the GM on this.

I was just poking fun at how anime-esque it is for a character to be half-Russian/German/British and have the whole blonde-haired blue-eyed thing going for them. XD You can keep the original pic if you want.

Mine's up in the first post I ever made in this thread. Once again... sorry for the length D:
I put it in a spoiler and that makes it look even longer >.<

• What is your Name? Age? Gender? "My name is Mei Misaki. I'm 15. I'm a female."
  • What do you look like? A picture speaks a thousand words, but there are words that can explain what pictures can not. "This is a pic of me and my best friends. I'm the one on the middle. One the right is Ai and on the left is Usagi. The girl who took the pic is my other best friend, Chiho."
    images
  • Who are you? Tell me about yourself, your habits, your quirks, your fears. "Well, me and my friends are part of a band we made ourselves. I'm the lead singer and guitarist, Usagi plays bass, Ai plays drums, and Chiho plays keyboard. It's a lot of fun. Let's see, want else? Oh! I love cooking. I make lots of good dishes, so my friends say. I love to read books, mainly fantasy and romance. Kinda embarrassing. I tend to find myself scared of tight spaces and rodents. Buy how can you not be scared of rats and stuff? I like to eat sweets and ice cream but keep it all balanced out. When I'm not at school I usually wear shorts or jeans with a tee shirt and maybe a jacket. I don't like wearing high heels and only ever will when performing so I wear sneakers and flats. I also find myself walking through nature a lot and wanting to go on adventures."
  • What are you? Where do you come from? Who are your parents? How was your life up to this point? "I'm your typical high school girl I guess. My dad is Deichi and I don't know my mom. Dad tells me she died when I was bornborn but I don't think that's the case. Before we moved here I was your average middle schooler. Me and my dad lived in a small house near the school but dad was always working. He worked for a big company so I'm not surprised.. One day I got caught up in a big fight and winded up being put in the hospital for three weeks. When I was released I found out that dad's company had moved him to Kirisama. We moved right away but not long after my dad died in a plane crash. Thankfully, I had my rich grandfather who lived around the area. He rented me an apartment where I currently stay, using his money to survive. I feel horrible for doing it though."
  • Whom are you acquainted with? Who are your friends? Rivals? Enemies? Role models? "The only real people I know are my grandfather, Ai, Usagi, and Chiho. There are some people at school whom I've talked to before but it was just that. A little chat. My and my friends stay over at each others places a lot, mainly on no shool days
  • What is it that you desire, that which you can not attain with your own power? "Umm... I don't really know. I guess I want to be able to find my mom. I know she isn't dead, I can feel it. Trust me, I just know these things."
  • And finally, child, what am I? "Firstly, don't call me a child. Secondly, your either a really serious stalker or someone I'm guessing who can make me desire come true. I mean, why ask if you couldn't, am I right?

Mei is so similar to Yukino. They're probably going to get on so well.

I hope so! They say you need friends if you expect to live a happy life.