1. Between midnight and 3am tonight (central time) there will be an upgrade performed to the server's storage system.  This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime.  In the future this will allow for hardware upgrades/migrations without any downtime.  No site data will be lost, but please keep local copies of any posts you are actively working on around that time.

Warning: Maintenance will begin in approximately 1 hour.  (Midnight Server Time) Please keep local copies of works in progress.

Is there a way to tag users in a post?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Melia, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Like, hey I'm tagging you, your turn?

:bananaman:

Also random dancing banana. Because it's a dancing banana! How can you go wrong?

2. Also what is a Spider?

3. Tagging people in a "hey your turn" way, not really. You COULD kinda cheat and use the "Mention" bbcode and put the member's name in your post every time. o__o but that'd be kinda a pain in the ass when roleplay posting.

Force partners to Subscribe to threads. 8D Then they will get notifications when there is a new post in the roleplay thread!

And spiders are search robots that crawl websites to index them for search engines!

4. Okay. I thought I understood but I'm wrong because I'm 27 and apparently that makes me kind of an idiot with computers because I'm old. As much as I don't want to admit and like to think I know a thing or two about them. So how does this mention thing work?

5. naw, can't use 27 as an excuse, I turn 30 next month! >:D *CACKLE!*

[noparse][mention]username of your partner[/mention][/noparse]

OR

Just put an @Username;

Like [MENTION=2339]Melia[/MENTION];

6. Oh my gosh well it's good to know I'm not alone in my ancientness.

Thank youu~