Is there a way people over 18 could view younger content?

Cinnamon

Edgenoble
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I prefer sci-fi, comedy, a little fantasy, and some slice of life.
I'm over 18, so obviously I selected the appropriate content, but I didn't know I wouldn't be allowed to view content for younger people. Can someone please help me make this so, so I'd have a much wider array of rps to look at?

I'm over 18, so obviously I selected the appropriate content, but I didn't know I wouldn't be allowed to view content for younger people. Can someone please help me make this so, so I'd have a much wider array of rps to look at?

Redstar cannot view Bluestar and vice versa because of our age differences (because of them being minors, and us, adults). I believe it's for legal reasons and keeping both parties safe. I'd follow up with one of the staff for a double check on the reasons why though.

Nope. 18+ can only roleplay sex with other 18+ members. The Bluestar forum is for 17 and under only and is thusly private. To falsify your age/birhday in order to view the Bluestar forum would result in a banning, I'm fairly certain. Now, if you are NOT looking to roleplay sex, you can find a range of different aged players in the Partner Connections forum. But if you engage in a roleplay with someone under 18, you cannot have sex in that roleplay. Sex roleplays are age group specific.

Reactions: junebug
Diana put up a great post on why 18+ members can't RP with members aged 17 or under that you can read here! There's also lots of common Q&As about sexual content that you can read about here.

As Ashi and Kat already mentioned, it's for legal reasons, but also to protect minors from creeps on the site. Creating a second account and/or lying about your age to access Bluestar/Redstar content is a bannable offence. But this only applies to RPs involving mature content (sex and smut) and there's nothing stopping you from taking part in regular RPs with minors across the rest of the site!

Reactions: neptune
If you're 18+ the only RP's from younger people you are restricted to would be Bluestar content, which I'm guessing would typically be sexual content (dunno because I'm not a minor) but everything else besides that is available for anyone from any age group. Everything you'll find in Partner Connections, Group Brainstorming & RP Search and Group RP Signups is available to ALL age groups, so you're not missing anything in any of those forums. The only content by younger people restricted to 18+ members would be sexual content.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.