Is the site experiencing any type of outage or the sorts?

NewWaveOldie

wait why is my name gray
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
@SavageVirtues seems to have trouble accessing Iwaku forums.
Savage Virtues can not access the sites page, he continuously is told Iwaku cannot be reached/ connection has timed out.
I couldn't provide a solution, so I decided to post a thread on help desk. Is the site experiencing any connection problems currently? If not, is there a way to diagnose/fix the issue Savage is experiencing?

Screencap of the error message;
unknown-2.png

Last edited:
I've had that happening to me all day.

The site is currently experiencing technical issues. Here is the update from Diana in the Iwaku Discord server:
1625167263048.png

We don't currently have an ETA on a fix, as far as I know.

A super handy site to keep bookmarked is Down For Everyone or Just Me... which pretty much does what it says on the tin. It will check to see if the server is down, or if it's a more local issue to you.

Glad I wasn't the only one! Thanks @Absinthe

Confirmed server was down for a lot of people, and yet worked fine for the other half. O_O I dunno what happened, I couldn't even get on myself. But they finally got us fixed.

Reactions: LunaValentine
After extensive research and a degree in compsci I can confirm this is known as 'server hijinx' and/or 'witchcraft'. Fixes include turning it off and back on again, showing the problem to someone else, or physical recalibration AKA giving it a good kick. prolly something to do with regions and server load? or cloudflare. or aws. I just answer the questions and make shiz pretty D:

Thanks for the info, jt appears it has been solved for now