Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely. But if you don't mind me asking, we're gonna roleplay random people belonging to different god factions? Or we're gonna be in the same one? Or we can be whatever?

Time to bite.

Reactions: Kitsune
Lovely. But if you don't mind me asking, we're gonna roleplay random people belonging to different god factions? Or we're gonna be in the same one? Or we can be whatever?
I think we'll be whatever, and see how many people join. Depending on the amount, I'll see if we can do different familias.

Wow, you're actually proving my point. You're intentionally ignoring all the evil (and quite competently so!) things that Lili does. She's incredibly emotionally manipulative as seen by the tiny smirks she makes whenever she fools Bell, she's adept at magical disguises, she's actually quite skilled physically as seen by her aim when disarming bell and stealing his weapon, she's surprisingly strong based on the size of the load she carries with ease, and she has a very powerful magical weapon on top of all that. She was ambushed and beaten up and suddenly it's 'oh teh poor weak womenz! She's so pitiful!' Wow... And they weren't partying together for ages, it was maybe a week or two at most based on the other events going on concurrently.

Meanwhile, the man is seen as evil by default. Because he "looks mean." Perhaps if he'd been more effeminate (woman-like) there'd be room for pity! But nope, he even mentioned in his first encounter with Bell that Lili had stolen from him too, but he's clearly despicable, and abusive. Never mind that his outrage and anger at Lili is likely very well justified. He even tried to warn Bell what was coming! What a villain, intruding on that woman's plans to rob him and leave him to die!

And don't come at me with disorders as if they disprove the classification. You don't point to a disorder and say 'see, there are outliers so you can't speak of norms!' Doing so is shallow and pedantic.
Why are you being so hostile? No one else is so it's making you look incredibly defensive. It feels like you're coming up with this purely because you dislike that he said "because you're a girl", which is stupid because it isn't actually harming anyone except you because it means you miss out on getting to like the cute but also badass Lili. I mean you can't complain it perpetuates sexism or anything because the people who actually learn from anime how to interact with people are so 'out of it' anyway that you can't really take anything they say seriously.

Personally, I would suggest going for the same familia, but hey, it is your Rp.

Yeah, I think same familia would be better, but I suppose being different ones would add a bit more conversation topics? i mean, there are no rules on who you enter the dungeon with.

Wow, you're actually proving my point. You're intentionally ignoring all the evil (and quite competently so!) things that Lili does. She's incredibly emotionally manipulative as seen by the tiny smirks she makes whenever she fools Bell, she's adept at magical disguises, she's actually quite skilled physically as seen by her aim when disarming bell and stealing his weapon, she's surprisingly strong based on the size of the load she carries with ease, and she has a very powerful magical weapon on top of all that. She was ambushed and beaten up and suddenly it's 'oh teh poor weak womenz! She's so pitiful!' Wow... And they weren't partying together for ages, it was maybe a week or two at most based on the other events going on concurrently.

Meanwhile, the man is seen as evil by default. Because he "looks mean." Perhaps if he'd been more effeminate (woman-like) there'd be room for pity! But nope, he even mentioned in his first encounter with Bell that Lili had stolen from him too, but he's clearly despicable, and abusive. Never mind that his outrage and anger at Lili is likely very well justified. He even tried to warn Bell what was coming! What a villain, intruding on that woman's plans to rob him and leave him to die!

And don't come at me with disorders as if they disprove the classification. You don't point to a disorder and say 'see, there are outliers so you can't speak of norms!' Doing so is shallow and pedantic.
You do realize it's just a succesful generic Shounen/Harem cattered to the masses, right? I only glanced over this sorta...discussion? But you should not do 'such talk' about that kind of genre, no, you talk about your waifus.

You do realize it's just a succesful generic Shounen/Harem cattered to the masses, right?
I'm aware of that. And I morally object to the message being pushed out to said masses.
But Kitsune requested the subject be dropped, so I'm done discussing it. Please do respect the OP's wishes.

It's a message of forgiveness, who cares? If it was criticising the girl for being female then yes that's a problem but it's not. If it's going to teach people anything (which it's not, cos it's an anime and no one learns morals from anime), it's going to teach them to forgive people which can only ever be a good thing.

I was thinking about having the same familia as well...But, if enough people join for two familias, then that could happen, too. Although, I doubt that might happen, so we'll probably stick with one familia.

Yeah, realistically speaking we can't expect like, 10 characters. Plus, I think it'd be fun to have them from several different familia and working together. Perhaps the deities are rather minor ones and they decide to have their 'children' work together to clear harder floors and obtain more than they could alone. Sort of a 2+2 = 5 situation. Which is realistic; 2 groups of 2 people won't get nearly as far as 1 group of 4.

So, have small familias working together than having one whole large familia? I like that idea.

Yeah. Get some friendly rivalries going :D Also lets us as players also have some more control over the patron gods used, since they're proper characters and not just legends like they usually are.

Reactions: Kitsune
Have players actually create the Gods/Goddesses for the familias? I was thinking this as well, if this is what you meant.

Yeah, so if I were to create a character, I'd also get to create their appropriate deity. Of course, others could be members of that god's familia too if they wanted.

What about the races? The anime has the habit of splicing human with various animals, so will you allow custom races and such?

Hmmm, I was thinking of just allowing the races that you see in the anime, so things doesn't get out of hand with people having to make up races (their powers, their limitations, etc.).

If most of the races are just human/animal why not make all those races into the same race as kemonomimi? then you could have pretty much any animal you like with your human but keep the abilities the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.