Is it possible to display 'post A' in 'post B' that auto updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Uuko

Original poster
Took me ages to summarize and make that title, sob.

Basically what I'm thinking of is to 'display' my Character Sheet in my In-Character post as, say, a new tab or a spoiler something but the feature or BBC that I was thinking of was such that if I edit my CS, all the Character Sheets I 'displayed' on all my In-Character posts will update too... if that makes sense.

Is that possible?

EDIT: or an alternative method which I can use to display my CS on my IC posts without needing to refresh or change page, but at the same time will update when I edit my original CS post also works.

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
The character system has a "gallery" bbcode option where you can post the character and a little information. O_O It MIGHT auto update (it wont be like the full bio display with the bbcode though)

U

Uuko

Original poster
I just had a fiddle with the Character section and gallery BBC; am I correct in understanding that in order to update the 'little information' I have to Edit Character?

fatalrendezvous

Mother Knows Best!
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
  5. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
8 AM - 6 PM and 10 PM - 2 AM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
I just had a fiddle with the Character section and gallery BBC; am I correct in understanding that in order to update the 'little information' I have to Edit Character?
That is correct, yes!

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
Essentially you want your CS in the IC post?

Well honestly for that you just need add a link to it in the post.

You could link it to a specific post, a Blog post, the Character Sheet feature Diana mentioned above.
Just add a link somewhere in the post going

[url*=link]My Character Sheet[/url]

Minus the *

Last edited:
U

Uuko

Original poster
@Gen: The only 'problem' with the url bbc this is that it requires opening a new page. I guess I did not made it clear in the first post but I was looking for a method of displaying without needing to 'change page'.

Thank you for the suggestion though!

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
Oh.

In that case just put your CS under a Spoiler tag and save the code on a Word Document or something.
Then just add the Spoiler on every new post.

Or you could make a table.
One tab being the post, the other tab being the CS.

U

Uuko

Original poster
Yeah that's what I've been doing until now, but I edited them out as the IC posts started to become longer - mainly because I had to go back and change all the CS that I've posted in the IC whenever I found a typo or had to add something to it.

This is why this thread was made, really; to see if there was a better way for me to go about doing this. I guess there isn't one as of now - the closest thing was the gallery bbc but that only allows a brief description. It still is a nice alternative, I can definitely use it, but I guess it isn't on the type of 'updating' as I had wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.