Is it just me or has there been a drop in activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
The past few days I've logged on there's been a lot less for me to reply to.
This General chat getting less active because of exams or something?

Or am I just blind/oblivious?

I've been playing WoW, but my lappy just died on me, and I have to wait 4-6 weeks for my replacement hard drive....so now I have 4-6 weeks of time to kill!

It's still winter.
Give it time. It'll pick back up.

Heh, If anything activity is returning to it's normal, pre Great Migration pace.

Wait until you experience your first summer.

• Less new threads per day.
  • People posting once or twice in a thread and not replying when they get the alert immediately, thread slows down.
  • Work and shit.
  • People growing up.
  • Asmo throwing a chair.
Did I miss anything?
I'm talking stuff that applies to a few days drop, not long term things. :P

It's still winter.
Give it time. It'll pick back up.

Heh, If anything activity is returning to it's normal, pre Great Migration pace.

Wait until you experience your first summer.
I've experienced summers on other sites before.
Those on sites who used to be more active than Iwaku.

I know how hectic those can get. :P

• Less new threads per day.
  • People posting once or twice in a thread and not replying when they get the alert immediately, thread slows down.
  • Work and shit.
  • People growing up.
  • Asmo throwing a chair.
Damn asmos...

• Midterms
  • Exams
  • real life stuff
these phases happen :P

Somebody took a massive shit and it stunk up the entire general chat for several hours, no big.

It was Asmo.

Spring break is probably approaching for a lot of folks (including me), so expect it to pick up again shortly!

Reactions: Minibit
Activeness comes and goes all the time. Everyone were completely overactive around valentine when 15+ threads were created within 24 hours. Now we might be in a slow period, where most people are focusing on other stuff. Don't worry, it will become active towards the summer again... ... I'm afraid -hides in a corner and awaits the doom-

Reactions: Minibit
5E2AC5F1-3F6E-4C69-881C-28126303B7DC.jpg

Maybe we've finally run out of inconsequential bullshit to wave our dicks at?

There. Have some more.

Everyone already explained all the millions of reasons activity rises and falls. O___O

Weekends usually have less activity than the weekdays, by the way. >> You would THINK everyone would be online on the weekends, but I think people actually leave the house and do social things instead.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Everyone already explained all the millions of reasons activity rises and falls. O___O

Weekends usually have less activity than the weekdays, by the way. >> You would THINK everyone would be online on the weekends, but I think people actually leave the house and do social things instead.
I think the activity during weekdays can be explained by boring teachers. When the teacher is boring, the students takes up their phones and log onto iwaku :D During the weekends they don't have anything that bores them enough for them to care to log in D: DAMN YOU SOCIAL PEOPLE WITH YOUR REAL LIFE SOCIAL LIFE!!

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

Ew, who even does that? Weirdos.

Status
Not open for further replies.