Irrational Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno... Hm... Irrational...

alien.jpg

I have a friend with this fear, specifically. Not aliens, but Aliens.

But he's a military guy, and kind of looks forward to the opportunity to shoot one some day...

I have a friend with this fear, specifically. Not aliens, but Aliens.

But he's a military guy, and kind of looks forward to the opportunity to shoot one some day...
I already figured out that it's a classic "fear of the unknown" with a little peppered in "it's physically there and can conform to reality" bit. Like, for instance, demons and ghosts don't scare me: They completely defy reality. Nothing scary there. Aliens? They could and probably do exist somewhere, so it's a little more difficult to rationalize.

Ergo, why it's irrational. Not like aliens will fly 65+ billion light years to go deadify some random planet of apes. :ferret:

Slightly ajar doors make me uneasy when I pass them by, especially when the rooms inside are dark. There's just something about the way the door's slightly cracked open and you can't really see what's inside, but then you also can - brrrr. That's why when I'm back home and alone in the house I tend to close all the doors to unused rooms and huddle up in my own room or in front of the tv.

Same with windows. I can't sleep with the curtains drawn open sometimes, even if the windows themselves are closed. Creeps me the fuck out. As unlikely the idea of someone watching me through the windows is it still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Frogs. I just don't like frogs. And toads. Shiver. Don't get one near me. Don't get the big ones near me or I'll really flip out on you.

Not like aliens will fly 65+ billion light years to go deadify some random planet of apes. :ferret:

Until we discover that random piece of technology that's required/the stepping stone to interstellar travel/higher form of warfare that serves as the foundation to... Well, Foundation!

Then the aliems gon' eat us.

Until we discover that random piece of technology that's required/the stepping stone to interstellar travel/higher form of warfare that serves as the foundation to... Well, Foundation!

Then the aliems gon' eat us.
But we'll be dead by then. So I don't care. Well, I mean, I do, but it's irrational to do so. :ferret:

But we'll be dead by then. So I don't care. Well, I mean, I do, but it's irrational to do so. :ferret:
I don't know about you, but I intend to live forever as a brain in the jar or as Johnny Depp Computer God.

Reactions: Brovo
I find cats very unsettling for me :/ I don't know why but I prefer not to get close to them

My irrational fear? Asmo.

No, but in all seriousnessness I'm terrified of spiders. I hate the little bastards but I don't want to kill them so I'm just ike this when I see one:

tumblr_nx0baw7KnT1rjatglo1_400.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Yatagarasu
I have an irrational fear of overflowing toilets.

...You seen one do that? It's pretty intense.

Has somebody mentioned hotel rooms yet?

It isn't every hotel, but there is always one you go to that looks like horror movie fodder waiting to happen.

Aside from spiders, the only other irrational fear I have would be...

Bodily infestation?

Elevators. I just can't be in one by myself. I HAVE to be with someone or I will NOT ride in one. Even if I do have someone in there with me, I will tense up and grab them in a vice grip while on the verge of a panic attack.

Well a few which I can think of off the top of my head.

Other people feet. They are gross, I don't want them near me and I don't want them to touch me. End of story.

Mirrors at night @_@ those bloody Mary jokes got to my head as a child and I can never 'shake' that feeling that something is going to appear in it and grab me in the night.

Elevator doors. Not the elevators themselves just the door. I think they'll close and crush me to death. So I very hurriedly get one them.

I know I'm weird ><

PUBLIC SPEAKING.

SCREW THAT CRAP.

I also have a fear of sleepovers, because I remember having a friend stay the night once and I saw someone through our glass back door trying to get into the house when I thought all of my family was home, and I immediately panicked because I thought that we were both going to die and that it'd be my fault..
..and then it turned out to be my brother.
Still, that fear lingers, ridiculous as it is. o__o

Also, my biggest fear is people that I care about getting hurt. But that's normal, I think, even though it's illogical.

I THINK that's it.

I just remembered another one. Being Jumped.

Even in perhaps one of the safest and most uneventful towns in all of Canada I still find myself checking behind me once in a while when walking alone at night.
Though to be fair, I often have headphones going at full volume, so I can't exactly hear anything behind me.
And this fear doesn't stop me from being out late at night in the slightest (I've walked home at 4 in the morning before), I'm just a bit on guard when doing so.

Last edited:
Bridges. Crossing bridges, especially longer less broad ones, is fucking murder for me.

PUBLIC SPEAKING.

SCREW THAT CRAP.

I also have a fear of sleepovers, because I remember having a friend stay the night once and I saw someone through our glass back door trying to get into the house when I thought all of my family was home, and I immediately panicked because I thought that we were both going to die and that it'd be my fault..
..and then it turned out to be my brother.
Still, that fear lingers, ridiculous as it is. o__o

Also, my biggest fear is people that I care about getting hurt. But that's normal, I think, even though it's illogical.

I THINK that's it.
I HATE PUBLIC SPEAKING TOO! FUUUUUUUUCK THAT!

LMAO I'd be laughing at that situation XD

Mirrors. At any time of day. Well, not just mirrors but anything reflective.
Open windows...don't ask cuz I honestly couldn't tell you why.
Curtains and/or blinds being open
The way dried up leaves look on the ground *shivers*

Status
Not open for further replies.