Irrational Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ozzie Chanter
I am glad I am not the only one. There are way too many scare stories involving mirrors. xD

Ah man now ya'll have me thinking of my favorite story as a kid about a girl that got 'cursed' by a shattered mirror, found it both creepy and yet comforting as a kid.

That aside mirrors can be super creepy, ever look into one for a long time and it feels like your face is warping and changing? Freaking stuff that.

OH! Another weird fear I have, photos! I hate having my picture taken it freaks me out and I have gone through extremes to avoid pictures being taken of me and have very harshly lashed out at people for taking my picture. It is something I get seriously angry over too.

FORGOT TO MENTION THIS OTHER CREATURE FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE DEEP, DARK ABYSS THAT IS HELL.

Camel Spiders.

up-close-camel-spider.jpg

Well thanks for the nightmares. This is gonna give me another dream about a spider wanting me dead I can feel it.

Reactions: Astaroth
@Icystorm

Yeah, it's the same thing that makes this horrifying:

Spiders and anything with more than 4 legs are satan's spawn and you can't tell me otherwise. Especially spiders that lay their eggs in other living things. That gives me the creeeeeps.

Also I am afraid of having no bones.

The scariest dream I remember started out pretty good. I was the captain of a pirate ship, but then I left the captains room or whatever, and there were floppy, rubber novelty spiders with holes in their faces eating my crew, and it was pretty terrifying. Luckily, I woke up before I got got.

Reactions: Esmeray
Torture, Massive Amounts of Pain, Being eaten alive.
(Ok these three aren't really irrational, but the first and last are so unlikely that I tend to consider them such).

Those are the only 'fears' I can think of.
I sometimes get a bit cautious around dogs and wildlife.
But that's not a fear but more "I don't know this animal, they aren't as readable as humans, apply caution".

Edit: Oh yea, and Bee's. I fucking hate those! >.<

Last edited:
Roosters. For me it's not really an irrational fear, but everyone else considers it one. Those damn birds are fucking evil!

I also have a fear of being buried alive. I mean like being pronounced dead, then suddenly waking up after they've buried me. I know it'll never happen, but it's still a fear.

Roosters. For me it's not really an irrational fear, but everyone else considers it one. Those damn birds are fucking evil!
Yes! I don't know how I forgot about roosters. Them and chickens.

Yes! I don't know how I forgot about roosters. Them and chickens.
I was attacked by one when I was younger. I was pushing a little wooden train down my aunt's steps then running down the stairs to get it when it hit the ground. The rooster just came over and pecked the hell out of my knee, then when I tried to run away from it, it latched onto my back with its talons. My aunt shot and killed it, but ever since I've been terrified of them.

I'm terrified of deep bodies of water, particularly if I can't see the bottom. A pool is one thing, but a dark pool? No way.

I can't do lakes, ponds, deeper rivers, and I sure as hell can't do the ocean. Standing out on a dock makes me want to vomit, staring down into that dark, chopping water that's just craving to swallow me up and feed to me sharktopus and barracuda and seamonster Cthulhus.

I could probably do some Gulf water shit. That crystal-blue reef water? Sure. But dark, deep, bottomless sea?

bd70504c7a5fd92c48a3d3dd68a50e4f.gif

*screams aloud to the world*

I HAVE A FEAR OF BALLOONS.

that is all.

Also I find a fear of spiders pretty rational since messing with the wrong ones can potentially kill you. I don't really like spiders much either, and what makes it irrational for me is that I used to love spiders when I was a kid. I loved having daddy long legs crawl up my arm and shiz cuz it tickled. Now that I am older I kill them all. Infact I did so this morning...because one almost dropped on my head while I was in my car driving. Needless to say it got dead real quick once I pulled into my parking spot. :D​

I dunno... Hm... Irrational...

alien.jpg

6sgiSPA.gif

I'm terrified of deep bodies of water, particularly if I can't see the bottom.
I don't know how I forgot this fear. I agree with everything you said. Deep water is terrifying.

@Chrysalism
That is terrible! Talk about a possessed bird.

Open closet doors. I can not nor will not sleep if the room I am in has a closet with the door wide open even if I'm not seeing it I just can't do it. It pulls deeply at the inner child at me and gets me to freak myself out. Day time or lights on that's fine but if its dark in the room that door better be closed.
I'm terrified of deep bodies of water, particularly if I can't see the bottom.

Both of these. @____@ Addon spiders. Depending on the size of spider and it's proximity to me. Big and far away? Deal with it. Big and near me? FREAKING OUT. Tiny and far? Dont even realize. Tiny and near me? Really uncomfortable. ON ME? FREAKING THE FUCK OUT.

I will NOT look at a mirror in the dark. Nope.

I am also afraid I will get struck by lightning on the toilet one day. So I hate potty breaks during really big thunderstorms. .__.;

Status
Not open for further replies.