Iron Head: Power Surge (Seductress X Mobley Eats)

The young man was much too busy going off on his tangent to notice Nellie's black out. Her simple question caused him to wander off in the dark sides of his mind, not realizing just how much he was starting to sound like The Night Watcher with his conspiracies. Like he said earlier, he didn't get to talk to people all that often. It was nice to actually have someone lend him a listening ear, even though it did seem like she didn't want to be part of the conversation. At first, Kyle was getting the vibes that Nellie would rather hang herself by her feet and have her ears cut off. She also seemed fairly distressed after he went to check the radio. Seriously, what's up with this chick?

Placing his box down in the door way, which lead into his kitchen, Kyle smiled at Nellie's question. "I'm turning 23 at the end of the month. I've never really known my parents, so it's just been my older brother Sid and I since we were kids. I got lucky, there was only one of the two bedroom apartments left. I need to get this place ready, Sid is....getting out of jail soon. He got caught up with the wrong people, and made a bit of a mistake. Nothing that the judge deemed too far gone, though."

The floor plan to the apartment was actually pretty nice; the main doorway lead into the kitchen, which was connected to a very spacious living room/den. The only thing separating the two was a large bar like island that sat in the middle of the kitchen. The kitchen had the typical black and white, restaurant checker tiles, which turned into a beige carpet where the kitchen stopped and the living room started. The far wall was translucent, hosting the sliding glass door that lead out to the balcony. There was a fairly nice view from the apartment, one that actually caused Kyle to pick that specific building. After the living room, it lead into a hallway that hosted the two bedrooms, with the only bathroom in the apartment at the end of the hall. Kyle knew that he could do something truly great and interesting with the place, and was already thinking about how he would decorate it.

"Neighbors, huh?" Kyle called to Nellie as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. He walked out of the apartment, and leaned himself against his doorway. "Are you some sort of government spy meant to keep an eye on my brother when he get's out? Because not many people would pick up on that, if you were." He laughed, rolling his eyes at his own speculations. "Than again, spies are the last thing we law abiding citizens need to worry about these days, what with all of those superheroes running around."

Ben Verrick's Metahuman Prisoner Transfer & Holding Facility
Washington, D.C.
Sublevel 36: Rank 8 Metahuman Holding Cells

On the surface, Ben Verrick's seemed like a regular county jail. There was nothing out of the mundane or ordinary to suggest that America's deadliest villains reside there. Of course, not all of them were villains, per say, but when metahuman exhibits malpractice or malicious intent with their super powers, using them against the public, they were sent to the lower levels of Ben Verrick's Metahuman Prisoner Transfer & Holding Facility. With 50 underground sublevels, and over ten thousand cells and facilities, it was expected that Ben Verrick's was both impenetrable, and inescapable. The jail up top was more than just a front, but also served as the first line of defense.

Ben Verrick was actually a fairly significant name in the world of Superhero history. The man who once called himself King Nothing whenever he attempted to put his plot to take over the world in action, had been forced to watch Mr.Kringle 2: Empire of Dirt in jail after his last battle against Mr Kringle. He realized how silly he looked, being played by Kevin Kostner, and decided that the life of a villain was too unjustified. A man with a brain and powers like his shouldn't be constantly defeated by a superhero modeled after Santa Clause. That was just embarrassing. Hanging up the mask and cheesy 70's bright coloured suit, Verrick approached Pearson looking for help.

With the help of Mr.Kringle himself, Ben Verrick became The Redeemer, a superhero who wore no mask. He felt that it would be bad practice to preach villain rehabilitation, while hiding his past identity. The Redeemer was able to open his rehabilitation center, and constantly fought along side Mr.Kringle whenever the team up was necessary. After establishing himself as a changed man, Ben Verrick was able to develop a scale for measuring both power, and danger levels of metahumans. This is known as the Verrick scale, and is used in daily practices by law enforcement, doctors, scientists, etc. Due to his extensive history with Pearson, that's exactly why he waited inside the administration building up on the surface, the first part of the main jail that sat on top of the large can of worms that was just an elevator's ride away.

"Mr.Verrick," Came the soothing voice of Mr.Pearson as he walked through the door and up to the receptionist's desk. In his mouth sat a 7x70 "Big & Beefy" cigar, compliments of President Taffer. Pearson reached his hand out to Verrick, who happily shook it. "Everything running smoothly for you over here?"

"Well, it's not every day you get a visit from the Vice President. I'd like to think that life is going well at our little project here. Speaking of projects, I hear you've just started a passion project of your own." Ben was offered a cigar from Pearson's leather cigar holster, which he graciously accepted.

"That's a little too classified for me to be turning it into small talk, unfortunately." Pearson laughed as he offered Ben his match book. A man dressed in a three piece suit and tie, and aviator sunglasses, entered the building, dragging a large, metal trunk.

"I thought you were supposed to be retired?"

"Mr.Kringle is retired, Joey Pearson isn't. Now, we have some very pressing matters to get to." Pearson's smile faded away ever so slightly as three more secret service agents came through the door. They still weren't empty handed, however. They were pushing a dolly with a man chained to it -Hannibal Lector style. "Henry, give Mr.Verrick the lowdown, please."

As the group of men made their way to a rather large elevator in the back room, the titular Henry held up a clip board, reading off of it as fluently as if he had been practicing this for hours and hours now. "This man's name is Clay, Earnest Clay."

"Earnest?" Verrick scrunched his nose. "How big of a threat can he be?"

"Earnest here has been at large for almost six years now. He's been known to go toe-to-toe with The Night Watcher on various occasions. He's given him the slip every confrontation for five years, despite the fact that The Night Watcher is potentially the best line of defense against Earnest. He goes by the name Finn, and he's a combat expert. His muscle memory is more honed and perfect than any athlete we've ever encountered, and he never forgets. Names, faces, floor plans, fighting moves, there's nothing this man's memory can't repeat."

"Jesus, he sounds like a-"

"Level eight?" Pearson asked, his voice flat, as if he was tired of answering that question.

"For a guy named Earnest, he's going to have to be watched by maximum security." Verrick's little quip caused a howling chuckle from the otherwise lifeless Earnest Clay, who was restrained almost perfectly. Once the elevator reached Sub Level 36, and the doors sprung open, the only person who left the elevator was Finn. He was greeted by a heavily armed group of guards, who wheeled him away while everyone else traveled back to the surface. Alright, it was time for Finn to get to work.

One guy pushing the cart. One man to his back left, one to his back right, one playing free safety behind the three of them. One to the front right, one to the front left, and one man leading. It's a seven guard diamond formation. Heckler & Koch HK416 assault rifles, except for the guy pushing me. Pretty sure I saw a SIG Sauer M11-A1 on his hip. There's two sets of straps meant to restrain me; one strap for my arms, and one for my legs. Some form of leather. How typical.

Apparently, they never got the memo that Finn was a bit more on the stronger side. Once they got him closer and closer to his cell, to the point where they were unlocking it, that's when it was his time to strike. They hadn't even fixed their rifles on him yet, when the straps burst. Finn jumped away from his dolly, grabbing the pistol from the first guy's hip. He slammed the butt of the pistol into the man's throat, and then turned the gun on the man playing safety. The bullet cracked through his skull right between his eyes. The other two guards who were in charge of watching the flank attempted to get their guns ready, but didn't have the chance.

Finn's hand wrapped around the muzzle of the first man's rifle, smacking the gun against his jaw. Sneakily, Clay hovered his pistol over the guard's knee, pulling the trigger to send him to the ground on one leg. With the man incapacitated, he simply smashed the man's head against the steel wall. His lights instantly went out. There was one last man on the flank, who wasn't moving fast enough to keep up with Finn. Clay grabbed the knife that sat on the man's chest, attached to his vest. He unsheathed the weapon and spun behind him to use him as a human shield, slicing his throat open in the process. The oncoming barrage of bullets hit the body with deep impact, causing the cadaver to shake and sputter.

After the last three remaining men had emptied their magazines, that's when the knife came out of no where. It flew through the air, sinking deep into the first man's skull. The human shield was thrown into the dolly, which jutted forward and bit the second man in the ankles. Before he knew it, there was a bullet sinking into his lungs, which caused him to hit the ground faster than it took Finn to punch the last man in the throat, get behind him, and sever his spinal column with one kick. Just like that, everyone was taken care of.

Now, it's time to figure out how to get out of here.

"What a dumb shit you turned out to be," Came a thunderous, booming voice from inside the cell that would have been Finn's. "If you want to escape, and make some money in the process, let yourself get caught. We'll be out of here in less than a week when Surge and his buddies come."

• Spicy
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Nellie blinked.

"...Oh."

Jesus Christ--23? With a smiley baby face like that? She couldn't tell if the discovery disturbed or relieved her. Well, at least she didn't need to worry about her instinctual aversion to teenagers; she supposed that's why Kyle had yet to say anything to piss her off. He was a civil dude, so perhaps having him for a neighbor wouldn't be too bad.

She prayed.

Regardless, as Kyle explained further about his background and the tough situation with his brother, Nellie couldn't ignore the pang of emotion in her gut. Was that guilt? Probably. Very likely. In comparison, she grew up incredibly pampered and wealthy. The Kings lived one of the most lavish lifestyles one could imagine; a mansion sitting in the middle of acres upon acres of private land, a caring butler and caregiver who had this weird obsession with teaching her how to meditate (focusing chakras and stuff... clearly, the practice never stuck), three square meals a day with brunch and snacks included, a goddamn home theater in the entertainment room...

God. The more she thought about, the more she hated herself. Did Nellie ever appear bratty or posh to anyone? Well... No. Of course not. Because she barely left her room. She was too weak to do so.

"Huh... Sounds rough. Sorry to hear about that, especially your brother," she said, still watching Kyle closely even as he momentarily disappeared into his apartment. There was no way in hell that she'd follow behind him. That was invasive. And awkward. In that moment, she equated herself with a vampire who needed permission to enter another's home. Hell, even with permission, she wouldn't waltz in. Thus, she remained where she was and just talked to the empty space before her, arms crossed tightly. "Can't say I can personally relate, but it still sucks."

As Kyle reemerged from the apartment, Nellie found herself taking a small and unnoticeable step back, keeping the distance between them in mind. It was all instinctual. Minor. "Spy life isn't as appealing as 007 makes it out to be. Magic Poker face? Gets all the girls? Walks away from badass explosions in slow motion? Just Hollywood fantasies." She... was getting off topic. Quickly, at that. And why the hell was she wasting so much time with this guy, anyway? Besides, his last comment slapped a frown across her face, brow pinching. "...What's that supposed to mean? It's cuz of them we can breathe easy."

We now have unconfirmed reports that the superhero known as 'The Night Watcher' has been kidnapped. His partner was not able to fend off the group that took him, and their backup was not able to arrive on time. The North Star Labs building has been left in shambles, and The Night Watcher's last known condition can only be described as 'near death'. For almost a decade, The Night Watcher has been keeping our city safe. What does this mean for the future of The Hoods & Capes? Tune in to channel 7 at eight thirty for an update, and a speculative answer.

"Don't be sorry, I guess that's just life." The young man shrugged. Sure, with Sid being in jail, things have been a lot different, but Sid was going to be getting out very soon. Within the week, if everything went according to plan. Sid had the best lawyer Washington could offer, and had a very aggressive way of getting what he wanted. As long as they listen to what their lawyer was cooking up, Sid would be a free man in no time, then everything could go back to normal like it used to be.

"What, you've never walked away from an explosion? There's nothing to it. Very cathartic." He laughed, pulling out his phone to check the time. "Okay, so picture this; you're coming back to your car after spending $300 on groceries. You just put your bags in the trunk, and you're reaching out to unlock your car. All of a sudden, WHAM! a villain has just been punched through your car, destroying both your vehicle, and the explosion takes your arm off. Before the hero flies you off to the safety of a hospital, he decides to keep opening a can of whoop ass on the villain. Soon enough, the main street bank is destroyed, Uncle Al's Artisan Sandwich store is on fire, seven people are dead and four are critically injured, a school bus has gone over the edge of a bridge, and the villain isn't even down for the count yet."

After drawing a breath for air, Kyle began walking back toward the elevator. "Superheroes cause a lot more chaos than they prevent. Their hearts might be in the right place," He called over his shoulder as he hit the button. "But in the end, I'm not really sure that they're aware of exactly how bad of a job they really are doing." And with that, the elevator doors opened. "I gotta finish moving everything, I'll catch you around."

• Spicy
"How many movies do you watch..." Nellie muttered under her breath; there was just the slightest hint of awe, floored that Kyle was even able to say all of that in one breath. Hell, maybe he had some iron lungs on him and her "fellow tin kin" senses were currently out of commission. Yep. That sounded about right.

That and she relied on a steady stream of stupid thoughts to distract her from the annoyance bubbling up her gut. He didn't need, let alone deserve any hostility from her; the only offense he committed was having an option and expressing it. Kyle just admitted a few seconds ago that he rarely had a chance to share his stance on anything.

So how come her voice was still ever so slightly tight with ire? Fuck. She really had to put a lock down on that. "Look, I get where you're coming from, but you gotta admit that this place would be rolling down Satan's flaming ass crack without heroes--..." Whatever she planned to say next smacked into a brick wall, her mouth snapping shut as Kyle suddenly departed to pick up some more boxes. Quickly (and undoubtedly swimming with a carefully hidden awkwardness), Nellie tried to toss out a wave before he disappeared. "Uh, yeah. I'll catch you on the, um, flip side of this miserable existence we call a life--Nellie you dumb fuck he's gone stop fucking talking."

God, she hated herself sometimes.

Especially after registering Kyle's parting words. Again, she knew what side of the argument she resided on; she didn't personally care for the Hoods & Capes, nothing on a personal level, but she couldn't ignore this innate protectiveness over them. It was bullshit to admit... but he had a point. They were sloppy, incredibly so, and although Iron Head did her best to keep civilians safe... there was always a casualty. Always an innocent injured.

Always, always, always...

Goddammit. This day was supposed to be devoted to mindless gaming, not philosophical headaches.

Whatever.

Heaving a sigh, she glanced down the direction Kyle went, making sure the elevator had closed and descended by now. Her lips pinched and rolled between her teeth, deep in thought. Or conflict. That was a more accurate description. A glance back at his open apartment door... This doesn't make you a creeper. This doesn't make you a creeper. You're not a fucking creeper... Hesitantly at first, she peeked into Kyle's new home, taking in the boxes he'd brought up so far. Some personal belongings had been unpacked and set up already, a small entertain system in the living room being the first to catch her attention.

A TV on its own stand, some electronics here and there... an XBOX. And yet, not the most impressive collection of games she's seen. Nellie glanced down at the bag still dangling from her grasp. Kyle would be back any moment, so this was just risky and stupid. And weird.

And since when did Nellie have the audacity to believe she was normal?

Grumbling under her breath, she swiftly slipped inside and placed her newly bought Red Dead Redemption 2 near the bottom of the stack of games and sped straight out of his apartment, posture stiff and all. Not giving herself a single chance to question her stupid actions, Nellie entered her own apartment and shut the door.

And maybe locked it. Definitely locked it. Along with slipping on her gaming headset.

For now, she was giving Life a big ole pasty middle finger.

As the elevator descended down to the main base of operations, Pearson held his beige folder in his hand. Well, it was a collection of folders, actually. One was a health report on Nicole that she and Boris would need to sign, one was a mission report on Finn, that the siblings would need to sign, and the last was a folder filled to the top with paperwork that he needed Nellie to fill out and sign. He could already see that fuckin' eye roll from Nellie. Who knows, maybe her attitude would subside when she found the paycheck hidden in the papers. Superheroes, while employed by the government, always seemed to make a lot of zeroes. Well...Mr.Kringle never made that many zeroes, but those were different times. I wonder if this is tax deductible he chuckled to himself, already knowing the obvious answer.

The doors opened wide, allowing Pearson to step into the headquarters. He saw Egghead and Kevin, they were taking turned lifting each other up. Kevin couldn't get Egghead higher than maybe a foot and a half (at best), but Egghead was able to lift the six foot gorilla up off the ground and throw him like you would with a baby. Egghead was seven foot and five inches tall, meaning they had to have some very, very high ceilings for the man. It was always funny having Egghead and the imp goblin hamster Boris standing beside each other. It was hard to believe they were related at all. "Where's Boris?" Pearson called out. In response, Egghead pointed to the left, while Kevin pointed to the right.

"I'm over here." Boris called from the medical bay.

"Or am I over here?" Boris called from The Night Watcher's weapons room.

Pearson stopped in his tracks. His eyes darted from side to side, trying to figure out what was going on. Boris did come from the medical lab to greet Pearson, but Boris also came from the weapons room to greet Pearson. "Pearson!" They called out in perfect unison. "It is us! Boris!" It was almost as if they had practiced this far too much. After trying to do the mental math, Pearson came to one conclusion; the only logical reaction is to slam his head against his palm and shake it in disappointment.

"You crazy Russian fuck." Pearson groaned as he approached the coffee maker in the kitchen, grabbing a cup and pouring himself some java.

"That's what you pay us for." The Boris' said in unison once again.

"I'm only paying one of you, so you best figure out which one that is." The two Boris' turned to look at each other, and as if they read each other's minds, broke into a game of rock paper scissors that kept ending in them both pulling rock on each other. It ended in a draw for nearly seventeen rounds, and each tie was always greeted with a bellow of awe shit by either Boris. Upon tasting the coffee, Pearson spit it back in the cup, and set the cup in the sink. "Would it kill you to make a fresh pot of Joe every now and then? This tastes like it's been sitting overnight."

"Is two weeks old!" The Borises cheered. "Nobody catch on. Is experiment, I keep full pots of coffee in lab, to test the attention span of the human taste bud!"

Once again, Pearson attempted to do the math, before deducing that there was no logical explanation for what the Borises just said. Borises? Bori? Boris'? Boris²? To be quite frank, none of us really know what the plural of Boris would actually be. But that's besides the point. Putting all of the files except for Nicole's to the side, Pearson made his way to the medical bay where he found Nicole. No, not Nicole. It was Anarchy. The only article of clothing she wore was her mask, and wrapped her body with a fuzzy blanket.

"How are you holding up?" Pearson asked, his voice soft.

"How did I get here?" Anarchy asked, trading frantic for calm and cool. "Call Iron Head, we have to go back."

"I'm afraid I can't do that. You're under a twenty day medical suspension."

"That's bullshit," Anarchy spat out as she stood up, looking over Pearson. "We are on to something, we need to go back."

Pearson tapped his index finger against the file. "This stack of paperwork states that I can't let you leave this base of operations."

"Is there a dotted line I have to sign?" Anarchy asked, her eyes narrowing at the paperwork.

"Yes, both you and Boris." Or rather, you and both Boris² .

"Then you can stick it up your ass." With that, Anarchy turned around, heading toward the room they kept everyone's costumes in.

• Haha

Iron Head

Interactions: Pearson & Anarchy @Seductress

Did Iron Head ever mention that she fucking hated elevators?

No?

Ah, sorry, let her just--"I fucking hate elevators..." There. Now, with her disdain for an everyday building appliance properly acknowledged, she could apply her energy into important matters: grabbing her paycheck, all while avoiding the satanic box man and his little creations, and pretending as if the rendezvous itself didn't come with any ulterior motives.

Which it didn't. Nope. Not at all. She was just here for the money. Punch in. Punch out. Then, poof--gone. Well, not exactly vanishing into a cloud of smoke (she was angsty, not some edgelord wannabe), but more so trotting away from them with both middle fingers raised and tuning out anything they had to say. Point was, this was going to be a quick and easy trip...

Yep.

Fuck. She was no good at lying to herself.

Just as a self-pitying sigh escaped Iron Head, the elevator dinged and she squeezed her way through before the doors could open completely, her impatient pace betraying her otherwise placid expression. However, the burst of speed was short-lived, thoroughly extinguished like a tsunami over embers as she came face to face with the fiasco before her. The metal clad hero expected to run into Boris--there was no avoiding that punishment--but to see two of him... with the giant muscle bound dude... a-and his huge ass gorilla... In one location. Together.

Ever so gently, she reached up to the only exposed piece of skin she had and gave her cheek a pinch. No pain, but the sensation of touch registered. Awake. She was definitely awake. "Ya know... I don't mind dying. Like, right now. Cuz I'm already in Hell anyway." Good ole Satan's lair. A bit stuffy for her tastes, but a soul damned for eternity didn't have room to complain--or something like that. Whatever. That was enough salt and sarcasm for now.

Swallowing back grief (really, just a childish whine), she shuffled over to the wall on her right, remaining as close to the edge of the room as possible while inching her way towards the punch clock. Ten seconds of shuffling and everything seemed just fine. The Bombastic Boris Twins seemed entirely invested in their neverending game of rock-paper-scissors (Paper... Somebody just fucking saying say paper. Please.), while Egghead and Kevin were having a blast playing rocket ship (Heh... Blast. Rockets. Cringeworthy puns. I suck ass.). Fifteen more seconds of shuffling. Again, still in the clear and Iron Head could literally taste success on the tip of her tongue.

The avenger slipped as stealthily as she could into the main lobby and hastily punched her card, biting back a sigh of relief.

Oh, thank fuck.

Now she could leave...

But then her gaze strayed over the Medical Bay, where Anarchy was being held. Huh... Alright, then. Whatever. Didn't matter to Iron Head. "Yep. None of my fucking business." She pivoted on a heavy heel and started heading for the exit--

Then swerved back around for the infirmary.

This wasn't her admitting defeat. Or being a hypocrite. Or in denial. She just... felt like visiting. Just a quick peek, that was all. She fucking refused to even consider the emotion churning in her gut as concern. Hell no. Anarchy was just a coworker... One that she was somewhat, sorta, kinda, maybe fond of.

You know what, brain? Fuck you! Shut up and choke on something... You don't have a mouth--but you still need oxygen! So... S-so I'm just a fucking weirdo who likes to have internalized arguments with my organs. Great. So fucking healthy, Nellie, really.

Swallowing back all traces of emotion, Iron Head entered the Medical Bay and the presence of two people immediately caught her attention. First came Pearson, the very man who found and funded this establishment. Eh... She somewhat respected him, if only because he covered her paycheck and imported the equipment she needed to keep her suit in check, but that was where she drew the line. Personally-speaking, she could care less about him. However, the second individual made her insides lurch, if only slightly. Iron Head managed to lock onto the wound peeping past the edges of Anarchy's blanket, her skin still sensitive from the vicious bolt of lightning...

Wait, why was she naked?

Fucking--!

Iron Head spun around to face the wall, then cleared her throat awkwardly. "U-um, err, hey... Pearson. Just... Here. Existing. And punching in." A brief pause was all the time needed for her shoulders to sag in resignation. "And... checking up on Anarchy. How're you holding up?" She wondered how long she could talk to the wall before wanting to ram her skull clean through it.

• Spicy
Reactions: Seductress
"You're unfit for further duties," Pearson called out to Anarchy as the doors to the armory closed behind her. She attempted to ignore Pearson, acting like she couldn't hear him through the thick steel plated doors, but if Pearson could hear Boris screaming at Kevin through those same doors, there was no way she couldn't hear him. "Taffer is going to have my ass on a plate if you go out there."

"Maybe you should call the police, then, force them to keep me in here." Anarchy grumbled out as the doors opened once more, revealing her fully costumed and ready to get back out there. Her round brown eyes spotted Nellie nearly as soon as Pearson did, the latter shifting his attention from Anarchy over to Nellie.

"Good, perfect," He said as he approached the pasty salt mine. "I just have some paper work I need you to fill out quickly," The man's hand reached out to her, handing her the file. He made sure that the envelope with her paycheck was clearly sticking out; call it a reward for her hard work during the previous pay period, as well as a motive to fill out the stack. "Good work out there last night, Nellie. We sent out a clean up team after you dropped Nicole off. Judging by the uniforms and weapons, we think these guys are the same people from the attack on Inova Fairfax. Just like the last guys, there weren't any finger prints or identification, and any facial recognition we tried to do revealed them all to be named John Doe, with incredibly far fetched information."

"What he's trying to say," Anarchy said as she approached the two. "Is that any ID they did find was faked and fabricated, telling us that they were born in places like Japan and Iceland, with dates like 1906, 1833 and 1954. They have a database of false identities, and it's more than likely going to be incredibly difficult to track down. These guys are pros, and I think that The Night Watcher caught on to them before any of us did."

Pearson's face twisted and contorted from concerned into an alarmed frown. He looked over his shoulder, pointing his finger at Anarchy. "You, young lady, aren't going anywhere. You're not following up on any leads, or tracking foot prints, or taking blood samples, or even swatting flies. You're not setting mouse traps, you're going to lay on that bed until your back heals up."

Anarchy ignored Pearson's words, instead opting to look at Nellie and stick her tongue out in an attempt to make a funny face at the Vice President's expense. "Thank you, by the way," Anarchy said as she lead Nellie out of the hospital wing, through the kitchen, and toward the Danger Room. It was basically just like the room the Justice League got together in, with a big table and a set of television screens. There was a laptop sitting on the long, rectangular table that was hooked up to the biggest screen. "Did you have a good day? I don't know how anyone could do anything except for sleep after long nights of patrols and missions, especially now that the government is paying us the big bucks to do their dirty work for them."

As the woman sat down and started fiddling with the computer, the large TV screen fluttered to life. It revealed a paused video from closed-circuit television, or CCTV, taken earlier that day. It was in front of a North Star Labs building, with The Night Watcher laying there unconscious. The still frame showed that the same kind of science fiction looking drop-ship like aircraft was hovering a few yards away from The Night Watcher, with a handful of masked men about to jump off of the edge to retrieve him. If Conner were here, he would have been speculating about who these guys were, and why they seem to have involvement with known super villains. They also seemed to be three steps ahead of the supers, as if they knew every move they were about to make. It was unlikely that there was a mole in the team, considering everyone was either well meaning every day citizens in a mask, or a government official working under the president.

"Conner has been missing since noon," Anarchy said, hitting play on the video. "I listen to every conversation Pearson has when he thinks I'm asleep. I heard him telling Transfer what sports teams he should bet on, even though Transfer is an innocent little bean who shouldn't be caught up in a premature gambling addiction."

"Nellie, please talk some sense into her," the vice president called out as he entered the danger room. One of the Boris' had stolen a wrench from the other Boris, and ran into the danger room to avoid him. He almost tripped Pearson, running between his legs mid step.

"Oh great, we're having a party in the danger room." Anarchy rolled her eyes, watching as the second Boris found his way inside.

"You're not going after Conner, I'll have the siblings take care of that when they get in later. You're going to lay down and rest, while Nellie can either do a street by street patrol, or stay by the police scanner and wait for something to pop up."

"Pearson, please, can't you see the adults are talking?" Anarchy nearly hissed at him. She was growing very tired of listening to him talk; he was a fucking broken record at this point. "Now run along, good sir, we have stuff we need to discuss. It's official superhero team stuff. Girl talk, if that's what'll scare you away."

• Nice Execution!

Iron Head

Interactions: Pearson & Anarchy @Seductress

Iron Head barely had a chance to react before a pile of paperwork was shoved into her hands. She blinked at them. A few more times. The reality seeped into her mind, albeit slowly, but once it did, nothing simpler than annoyance coiled in her gut. In all honesty, it was barely a nuisance. This amount was literally child's play in comparison to the mechanics and research her old career demanded, but still... Fucking hell. Not exactly what she wanted to see at the moment. She would've complained if it wasn't for the obvious envelope sticking out. Her check.

...Fine. She was definitely still stewing in bitterness, but was that any new? Nope.

Thus, the metal-clad woman just huffed under her breath and tucked it under her arm, attention snapping back to Pearson and Anarchy. She balked a bit at the blatant praise from her boss. "Uh... Yeah. Sure. I'll fill this when." A pause. "Whenever." However, her mood sobered up a bit as he elaborated further about last night's... semi-failed mission. They were right; as much as Iron Head loathed to admit, those pitiful pack of crooks were apart of something much bigger and with that, came the promise of several headaches in the near future. "If identifying is the issue, then I could probably lend a hand in the scent department." She tapped the side of her nose. "I'm still polishing up on it, but those asswipes' blood reeked of some serious medical history; a good few definitely had a sickly sweet smell, mixed with something clinically brawny. Medicine. It's... a long fucking shot, but checking in with nearby hospitals for insulin patients wouldn't hurt, minus anyone being butt hurt about confidentiality. Other than that, go underground. Black Market's crazy about importing any sort of chemical you can't easily get your hands on and is needed for something bigger than the everyday flu."

There had been some other indicators. Besides being (or the high probability) diabetic, Iron Head could've sworn most of them had a weirdly thin blood flow. Nothing to a degree that would disrupt their health; hell, the excessive drinking and high blood pressure would take care of that. However, she failed to smell anything... rancid. No clear disease ravaging their organs, not that she'd be able to exactly pinpoint which kind, but her senses were honed enough to scrape up a general idea. Thus, a natural reasoning could be humanity's bane since the beginning of time--aging.

These guys weren't all that youthful. If she could estimate, mid to late twenties, at the least and she was being generous--

Oh. Anarchy was leading her out of the Medical Bay. Alright.

Without much of a reaction, Iron Head somewhat slackened and allowed this to happen; although her expression didn't give away much, she was tuned into the woman's every word and even had to bite the inside of her cheek at the goofy face she pulled. A snort threatened to jump out of her, but she had enough self awareness in tact to swallow it back down and settle for a bemused, lop-sided grin in response. "Don't mention it. Seriously. I'm crusty, not heartless... sometimes." Regardless, her humor faded a bit as they entered the Danger Room and it was subverted by a pesky concern that had been bothering her since last night. Unlike Pearson, Iron Head had no intention of dictating what the woman did. It was her life. And her body. And yet, it did nothing to soothe the dull pins driving through her gut every time Anarchy did the slightest of motion, the slightest chance of agitating her back.

Not like Iron Head was watching like some kind of guardian hawk or anything--because that was fucking weird. And not her thing.

She plopped down in a seat next to Anarchy and scooted a tad closer... with too much force. She'd always been terrible about keeping her own strength in check and combining the momentum with the heavy weight of her suit, things were bound to turn out unfavorably for her. The only warning Iron Head received was a creak, swift and sharp, before one of the legs jutted inwards. Haha, I wanna die now. A low jumble of curses escaped the woman as she fought with the chair and caught herself before she hit the floor, kicking the leg back into place aggressively. That... That was definitely broken.

...Iron Head gently switched out that seat for the one next to her.

And pretended none of that happened. Like hell it did. What chair? She was here to pick up a check and she did.

Clearing her throat while willing the blood in her cheeks to evacuate (literally), Iron Head placed the files down and started filling out what she needed to. She answered Anarchy in what she prayed to be an even tone, "My day was just a day. Saw a lecture a little while ago. Bought games. Played them. Err, saw a hamster goblin in a box--don't ask. I'm begging you." A shiver shot down her spine. She would figure out how in the hell that man managed to teleport--someday. Maybe. It was a stretch. "Uh, other than that, that's it... Well. And a new neighbor. But still, that's all. Um..." She focused on left hand, which was resting on the table, fingers drumming away a bit too quickly to be seen as anything other than bubbling restlessness. Iron Head's brow furrowed. "You... You sure you're alright? Completely? Not that I'm pushing or anything, I just... nevermind. Anyways."

Stupid. She was being stupid and acting like a kid. Christ.

Regardless, life showed her an inkling of pity and she gathered some reprieve when Anarchy played a video on the screen. CCTV--total hog harpies for gossip. Nothing new there. Then a certain building came into view... and Iron Head's mood instantly soured. North Star Labs. Neither words nor numbers could quantify how many times she battled the urge to storm that place and rip holes through every employee there. Scum. The whole lot of them. She didn't care for their excuses or generous paycheck or anything--

Wait... Slowly, she sat forward to peer closer and make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her. Fuck... Fuck. That was definitely Conner. And that was definitely the same aircraft that had sailed overhead right before a grenade knocked her unconscious. She had almost hoped that the jet was just a figment of her imagination. What for? That was foolish. Of course it was fucking real and even more than that, coming back to bite them in the ass. In the form of Conner disappearing.

Greeeeeeeat....

"Since noon, huh," she muttered, "More than enough time for them to try and put a dint in his thick skull, but we both know it's not gonna happen... And seriously? That's just fucked. There shouldn't be any bean tainting around here, though if Transfer ever needed advice on which team's his best bet..." She decided to leave it hanging on that note, her tone half-joking, half-dead serious. She wasn't a sports extraordinaire, but a bed-ridden kid didn't have much to do in ways of entertainment and it was a way to bond with her father whenever he wasn't gone for months at a time.

Her train of thought derailed with the entry of Pearson of Boris, the latter of the pair's appearance making a dull throb course through Iron Head's skull. She rubbed her temples. God... God, she just needed a moment to think among the chaos. The avenger did her damnable best to tune out the bickering, opting instead to fight her way through the doubts and come to a decision. Conner had been in the hero business for quite some time and experience tended to grant someone the ability to wrench themselves free of a sticky situation.

However, this was Conner. No one could blame Iron Head for holding a drop of discouragement.

Fuck.

Fine.

Only catching onto the tail end of Anarchy's comment, Iron Head merely nodded and stood with the files in hand. Casually, she handed them back to Pearson. "Yeah. What she said. Girl talk; you know how sometimes it gets a little," a briefly glance downwards, then her vision snapped back up, gleaming with a hint of amusement, "Bloody. Don't worry yourself to death over it." Then, she turned to face Anarchy once more. "If we're going, we oughtta move now."

If her coworker felt so adamant about pushing through her injury, so be it.

Nellie would just keep an extra eye on it herself.

• Spicy
Before Anarchy rudely interrupted the conversation, Nellie was finally giving Pearson what he had always wanted; enthusiasm to cooperate with a team operation. If
BountifulNiceGypsymoth-small.gif
there was a chance that these goons could be linked with both Inova Fairfax and the press conference, then they could be just one step closer to being one step ahead of their next attack. Joe rubbed his forehead against the palm of his hands in an attempt to clear the fog from his brain. There was just one too many factors he had to take into consideration when planning their next steps to defending against this group, or leading an opposition against them.

[FONT=Marcellus, serif]"I think for now we could benefit from ignoring that paramilitary group that seems to always beat us to the punch. If we were to run any kind of recon op, we should start by figuring out who owned the warehouse. I want to know everything about who the sellers were. If they are local mafia, a street gang, or just some small time crooks, they can clearly get the tech that these guys are looking for. I don't care if these guys are being led by Elvis fucking Costello, they're giving us a trail of guns."[/FONT]

With another sigh, Pearson walked over to a counter that was mounted to the wall that had a collection of pharmaceutical pills sitting in an unorganized grouping. "These guys might be smart, but we can at least hope that they aren't careful. If we can track down the sellers, we can attempt to intercept another deal. If we manage to do that, I have very specific rules of engagement I'm going to need you to follow. You're going to be leading the team for that one, I'll probably assign Blair and Amy. We can't send any of the more reckless members for such a delicate process." Grabbing a small bottle, Pearson poured a few tablets into his hand, before popping them down the hatch.

"Eprosartan," He said, gesturing toward the bottle as he put it back down, a pained look crossing his face as he attempted to swallow the tablets. [FONT=Marcellus, serif]"You kids tend to keep my blood pressure up. Anyway, once we can identify the sellers and intercept information pertaining to a meeting, or another attempt at a transaction, hell, I don't even care if one of them are dropping off toilet paper to the other, you will keep in contact with me. You'll go into a triangle formation, finding the three best vantage points for a sneak attack if it comes to that. Speaking of which, all I want you to do is identify and get a lead on their blood scent. Something we can follow, or do research into. Once you can trap a lock on any one of them, we're in business." [/FONT]

As Anarchy stole Nellie away from the business conversation the two of them were having, Pearson couldn't help but groan to himself. He rubbed his bald head in a few circles, before kicking one of the Boris' in the ass out of frustration. Obviously teammates needed to talk to each other from time to time, but when the big boss man was trying to plan out on operation, he needed Nellie's full attention. Especially when you take into consideration that she was the most important factor of the op.

Anarchy listened as Nellie went on about her day, a small smile curling at the side of her lip as she realized that Nellie was actually reacting to her small talk. Nellie, of all people, isn't the one she'd imagine to actually exchange cute little conversation pieces. It was honestly pretty nice. "Hey Nellie, look, it me, Boris," Anarchy called over her shoulder in a half assed Russian accent impression as she scrolled through pages of police reports on the attack resulting in a kidnapped Conner. "Am a box! Don't worry, I'm pretty sure we've all gotten a visit from Boris the Box. It's the inevitable, essentially."

As the iron nerd expressed concern in the woman's recent injury, she just waved it off with a shrug, and started trying to guess the password into the room where they kept Conner's guns. "Don't you worry your pretty little iron deficient heart about it, I'm going to be okay. I'll be a lot fucking better when we find that idiot and bring him back safely. Who knows what they're doing to him right now," She gestured toward Nellie as she tapped in Conner's birthday into the key pad, which caused the door to slide open. The gesture was to acknowledge Nellie's comment about them having more than ample time to further Conner's brain damage; which was pretty much the main fear focused around this entire situation. "If Pearson is going to have him as the leader here, we can't let him lose anymore brain cells. I hate listening to him talk as it is. For some reason Nicole enjoys hearing him talk, but Nicole is on a bit of a vacation for now."

Quickly strapping one of Conner's backup utility belts -stock full of random gadgets, including a handgun and holster- as well as a gun and holster on either of her thighs, she was ready to rock and roll. She let the door close and loc
ddaqwee-e457b26d-bac7-4366-9fcd-4eadf69cdce5.jpg
k behind her. Nodding to Nellie's comment about them needing to move now if they wanted to make even a little bit of progress, Anarchy approached a very frustrated Pearson. "Don't worry about us," She giggled as she gingerly placed her hand on his chest. "We're big girls, we can handle herself." And with that, she was leading the iron nerd back toward the elevator to take the two of them back up to the surface.

"I'm not worried about Nellie, I'm worried about your back! We're an underground operation, we don't have insurance!" Pearson called after the two.

[FONT=Marcellus, serif]In the elevator, Anarchy smirked. She held up Pearson's keys that she managed to pocket when she put her hand on his chest, and looked over at the pale woman with a vile smirk on her face. "Ever wanted to ride in the Vice President's Cadillac?" If ever there was a sneakier move that could wind Anarchy up in jail, she'd still probably do it. Pearson was still trying to get adjusted to her, considering her brand of justice kills more Americans a year than the average serial killer does in their lifetime.

Despite the open hostility Anarchy was met with at the press conference, she still checked for a ring on Pearson's finger every time she saw him. The way she saw it; she was a fox, and he was a rabbit. She was going to make her move and pounce on him one day, and he wasn't going to have shit to say. She just knew he would fall for her one day, but until that day she was just going to keep pissing him off. It's basic playground politics.

After a smooth, uneventful car ride back to Conner's last known location, Anarchy instantly noticed that the street had been blocked off by police tape (which she happily drove through and parked in front of the damaged and battered North Star labs building). As she shut off the vehicle's engine, she looked up at the seemingly abandoned building. It looked the same way a structure would look like if there was an internal fire that went supernova and flashed; the windows were shattered, door blown off, the area surrounding the windows were burnt black with soot. "Now, what the fuck actually happened here?"

The reports said nothing about any explosions. There was cars and vehicles that looked like they had been completely torched, and destroyed using some form of pyrotechnic weapon. Anarchy attempted to inspect said vehicles, until she felt a cold chill brush against her. She looked around, feeling as if they were being watched by somebody. "Do you smell that?" She called over to her partner, getting hints of rotten meat, and a sweet yet sour scent that she just couldn't put her finger on. [/FONT]

• Nice Execution!
Nellie King "Iron Head" | Interactions: Anarchy & Pearson | Location: Danger Room ==> North Star Labs

Something between a scoff and snort escaped Nellie as she listened to Anarchy's... scarily accurate impression of Boris the Box. She couldn't tell if she should praise the woman or toss back several shots (to no avail anyway, since alcohol had little effect on her body). In the end, she settled for neither and followed the woman into some... heavily jacked armory. She failed to say anything, just taking in the collection of weaponry in equal parts fascination and dulled senses.

It wasn't as if she'd never seen guns before... just never this many at once. "The big dope as our leader... A dream come true." Something innate made her eyes roll. God, just the thought of working under that idiot's orders made her want to drive her head through a concrete wall, but fuck it. A deal was a deal and she thirsted for revenge. She patiently watched Anarchy strap up, refusing to snag anything for herself. Iron Head had spent so much time relying entirely on her powers and suit, that adding anything else would just destroy her fight pattern. She had a solid method of functioning already; there was no sense in trying to fix what wasn't broken.

However, she did quirk an eyebrow at the iron deficient heart comment. "Hardy har... The last thing I lack is iron. Trust me." But her heart did lack everything else--go figure. Again, she didn't know what to make of Anarchy's open flirtation with their boss; at the same time, Iron Head could care less about another's preferences nor how exactly they had fun around this place, but this woman's blatant love for playfully harassing Pearson was... something. Entertaining. Sure--she'd settle for that.

Maybe.

As the pair left poor Pearson behind with his own bubbling frustration, Iron Head stood awkwardly in the elevator, keeping mind to put as much space between her and Anarchy as possible. Until the woman flashed car keys and a wicked smile... Goddammit. Iron Head hated herself to returning the grin, albeit it lacked her coworker's energy. "Sticky fingers. Very nice." She offered a single-shoulder shrug. "Not really, but I won't turn it down."

}:{

The drive was swift and short, yet Iron Head found herself tensing more and more as the destination neared. She knew where they were going. She knew already. But it did nothing to quell the anger bubbling in her blood, coursing through her arteries and veins and setting her belly aflame like a furnace.

Fucking North Star Labs.

Swallowing back the urge for murder, she tuned into Anarchy's words, which finally made her realize the condition of the building. Shit, that was right; reports never said anything about an explosion. "Don't recall meeting anyone with explosive abilities... though I'm sure this place's got plenty of pissed off customers. Super and non super." So yeah--that didn't narrow things down. At all. She leaned forward, squinting at the scarred walls and shatter glass and soot. She got out a moment after Anarchy and scanned the front of the building in suspicion. Things were far too torched for her to pick up a physical item for evidence, however... something seemed consistent about the burn marks. And directional. At least for ones she noticed on cars. Iron Head was nearly about to mention it to Anarchy when--

Oh... Oh what--"The fuck," she hissed while plugging her nose. Dear Lord, that stench. "Yeah... definitely smell that. And it's fucking rancid. That's..." Years ago, she would've vomited seconds into smelling such a thing, but now she didn't. Iron Head was far too familiar with the scent at this point, but to have it so abruptly shoved up her nostrils was the equivalent of swallowing raw eggs by accident. "This screams dead bodies. Oxidized blood. Lots of this shit's been spilled. But from more than one... target?"

That made no fucking sense. Were there several murderers nearby?

As she spoke, a small globule of blood weeded through the plates of her armor, floating in preparation for any surprises. "Come out now and we'll beat your ass quickly," she growled while nearing Anarchy, muscles tensing.

• Spicy
Anarchy
original.gif

The Stranger Appears From The Moon Light

"Rough reputation, huh?" The purple crayon's eyebrow raised as she crouched down in front of the right window beside the door. The glass had been completely shattered, and was left in billions of tiny shards. "I've never heard anything good surrounding them. I've heard rumors, and I know that The Night Watcher is always trying to stop break-ins and robberies. You'd think eventually he'd realize that he's actually aiding and abetting, instead of solving anything." There were a few bigger shards - which were few and far between - among the wreckage of what used to be a window. The bigger pieces had what looked like blood covering them, even though it could have been hard to miss.

As the two started reacting to the stench which so abrasively invaded their noses, Anarchy stood upright and turned around. Instead of focusing, her eyes narrowed over toward her iron clad companion. The interest and curiosity struck through her eyes as she listened to Nellie's words. It was one thing to be able to have the nose of a bloodhound, but being able to pinpoint factors and variables in one's blood? Now that was something that never ceased to impress the blonde. The reports said absolutely nothing about murder; there was just one severely damaged building, and a missing superhero. If ever there was something strange lingering in the air, it was quite clearly now.

To put a little bit of bite behind her partner's bark, Anarchy stretched her arms out, one pointing at twelve o'clock, and the other at six o'clock. Her eyes glazed white, and the two Beretta 92X left her thighs and traveled up to her hands. "Any idea how many we're dealing with?" Anarchy asked, her head angling slightly closer toward Iron Head, but her eyes staying up front. It wasn't much of a stupid question; on top of the abilities that Iron Head seemed to have possessed, the basic theory behind having a partner as so that all grounds were covered at all times. "You see any, call them out. I'm not feeling any psych energy." While there didn't seem to be anything she could detect, Anarchy could confirm that the smell was getting much, much worse. She felt glass crackling and crunching under her foot as she took a step back, attempting to pull into the North Star building.

Okay, it was hard to catch Anarchy off guard. She was barely startled, and she barely required to act out of pure reaction. The hand that grasped her shoulder was cold enough for her to feel the pale flesh through her costume, and the babmoozlement required her to visibly jump. With the ringing of a gunshot, a mess of grey, decaying flesh and coagulated blood crumbled down from the wound. Not even waiting to see who, or what, Anarchy had just shot, she pivoted her hips, slamming her leg against her opponent and caused it to slam against the wall. What the was greeted with was what looked like someone who had faced a form of zombification; the eyes were missing, the body skinny and clearly lacking any nutrients at all, and there was signs of previous wounds. That was the same appearance of the four that confronted Nellie outside.

One of them came out from the alleyway between buildings, one emerged from underneath a collection of garbage bags, and two seemingly just coming from out of the shadows. They moved like puppets; Marionettes on a string. Their legs had flimsy, dramatic movements that almost made it look like walking was the easiest thing for them to do. "I think you might have spoken too soon," Anarchy called out as her opponent started to get back up. "I'm okay with them going back into hiding now." Anarchy's eyes glossed once again, as she flicked her wrist and sent her target flying deeper into the shadows. Once he was out of the ball park, Anarchy turns around to regroup with Nellie once more, her eyes falling over the number of targets that she really didn't want to have to deal with. "Ah, fuck, this isn't good." She said, scratching the back of her head with the barrel of her gun. "Well, you know what they say," she outstretched her arms once more, pulling back on the hammer of either gun. "I guess it's just time to start blasting."

If this were a film, it would be about time where Holding Out for a Hero would start playing, while the two women defended themselves. The team might have still been fresh; only a week and a half or so upon formation, but Anarchy made a promise when she signed that document. Come hell or high water, her teammates were going to be safe. Obviously they could handle themselves, but she had their backs at all times. Especially Nellie. She's come to work fairly closely with the big metal recycling can, and there was a certain level of respect crafted toward Nellie's image. The woman's been through so much shit as it was, and so the least Anarchy could do was put her best foot forward into protecting and treasuring all things Nellie. She did it for Conner, for Blair, even for Kallen. Nobody got to hurt her team except her.

As the shambling creatures got closer and closer, lurching forward, there was an aching silence. They didn't groan, and their movements made not but a sound. It was a disgusting lack of sound, where Anarchy just wanted the creatures to give er even a "Hey, how are ya?" but instead their eyeless sockets just stared past them. It was as if they had a target, and were shambling toward said target without even a thought in mind. In an attempt to cut the silence, the gunshots started, a sign that, as The Night Watcher would say, it was time to get to work.

• Spicy
Nellie King "Iron Head" | Status: "Oh Hell no."

74a3-hzrevpz9388325.gif

A headcount. Yeah, Iron Head figured she could do that much. The scent was incredibly overwhelming and potent--nauseatingly thick, but she could weave through the fog enough to distinguish one body from another.

But only just barely.

These weren't normal individuals. Not by a long shot. Something about the thrum of blood coursing through their veins sat coldly in the pit of her gut... because it wasn't there. No blood pumping. Rather, the sluggish sloshing of liquid sitting in a complex network of fleshy caskets. Corpses. These were fucking corpses. It was fucked that such a thing came with a standard. A criteria. Even more so that Iron Head had enough experience with the smell to have a checklist in mind, but she did. But still... how in the actual Hell were they being surrounded by dead bodies?

Well, either way, she couldn't fathom what else they could be, especially after Anarchy confirmed her inability to sense psych energy from any of them. Wonderful. "Fan-fucking-tastic," she muttered, voice tense, "I'm getting..." One... two. There went three. Or was there more? "So far, four. There might be more than that." As she spoke, she came to realize that Anarchy was trying to back her way into the North Star building. Iron Head had every intention of sticking close and tagging along, as she was serious about keeping an eye on her after sustaining the wound on her back. Anarchy was a capable hero. Insanely so. She'd never forgotten the first time she'd seen her in action during the Conference--fierce, efficient, swift but brutal.

A true fighter who didn't take any bullshit on the field.

Iron Head would never say aloud that she respected Anarchy, but a small and suffocated part of herself did.

Either way, she didn't have a chance to follow Anarchy, let alone warn her in time the moment a rotten blood signature appeared in the building. Fucking. Hell. The enemy swarmed them, literally crawling out of the depths of Hell. Just as she whipped around with blood blades poised to strike, the iron clad hero faltered. Then paused altogether.

Those... That wasn't right. At all. Empty sockets. Spindly, emaciated limbs slapping unnaturally against gravel, yet refusing to make a single sound. In that moment, Nellie wished she had never allowed their scent to enter her olfactory nerve, to let any part of those things come near her. But they were drawing closer. Whether she liked it or not.

"No... Hell no," she muttered, slowly shaking her head with a numb breed of shock. Fuck. That. There was no way in hell Iron Head was going to deal with--

"I think you might have spoken too soon," Anarchy said, snapping Iron Head out of her reverie. Anarchy. The hero. Her partner. For this mission. They were on a mission.

She couldn't afford to let her emotions cloud her mind. Especially not while facing a new enemy. Although her inhale was steady, the way her insides quivered ever so slightly spoke true of her current emotions. Smothered. Ignored. Didn't matter. She had a job to do and a partner's back to watch. The moment gunfire unloaded, Iron Head forced herself to move.

Both blades lashed out, slicing through air like deadly crimson boomerangs. One sliced clean through the femur of a zombie just outside of Anarchy's range, hoping to slow it down and give both of them time to figure what in the Hell was going on. However, the other blade veered wide and just barely skimmed the rotting, hollow cheek of another corpse. "Fucking--!" Biting back a snarl, she tired to reel the same construct back towards her with a yank of the arm, all while internally berating her lack of precision.

She refused to let these things dismantle her focus.

Anarchy | Mistress of Bullshit
source.gif

The bullet sank through soft, decaying flesh. It was like a knife that had spent twenty minutes in a roaring fire being pressed through butter; it tore through the target's chest, crunching through bones that had grown deteriorated over time and hit the brick wall behind the target. A small crater formed itself into a bed for the bullet to rest in. The creature fell backward lifelessly, but it pulled itself up quickly, as if a puppet had fallen and it's strings were yanked in order to get it back to it's feet. Even the creature what Nellie managed to take down just got right back up. The small horde was starting to close the distance between the two, slowly shambling toward them with an atmospheric silence.

"They've got to have-" Click. The gun in her left hand rang empty, which just resulted in her tossing the empty weapon toward one of the targets with no avail. She still had a few left in her other weapons - if she was lucky - but Anarchy didn't want to start wasting anymore bullets. She held the weapon to her side, holding out her left hand. Her green peepers once against froze over with lifeless white glazes, her imagination starting to run rampant. She imagined her energy reaching up out of the ground, grasping a firm hold of her target's arm. As soon as her mental grip took itself around her enemy, there was a stomach churning crunching noise that rang through the night air.

It's bone popper from it's socket as the arm tore away from the body, letting the figure continue to move through the night. Anarchy let out an audible groan as she flicked her middle finger, throwing the limb against the wall. She couldn't see the arm snapping off, her eye sight non existent and her vision only covered by the mental image of the creature being thrown into the distance - which never had a chance to come to fruition. Anarchy felt her cheeks begin to burn with a heat that traveled from the line of her jaw and up the sides of her face, circling around her eyes. She quickly snapped herself out of her psych oriented state and - oh god, it burns.

Anarchy's eye sight never returned to her. As her eyes returned to the normal grassy colour, she was blinded by her tear ducts reacting to the miasma like smell that was plaguing the area. He hunched over, her hands on her knees as she smell soured even more, delving deep into her
images
nostrils and finding it's way into her stomach. She turned away from Iron Head, retching the food she didn't eat up. Luckily it was more like she was dry heaving, because nothing wanted to come up. It was almost as if a humanoid form was manifesting itself in her stomach, creating itself from some unseen gas that had been unleashed upon the two women. Anarchy's back stiffened up as a retch burst out of her, nails digging into her thighs as she began to feel the attacks worsen in strength. Of all times for her iron stomach to give up and empty itself, why now? Anarchy hadn't gotten sick like this in countless years, probably since she was a child even.

With a forceful grip on the reality of the situation, Anarchy forced herself up and out of her crouching position. She was almost upright when the next upchuck hit her, and she was right back down. Placing the back of her wrist over her lips, she managed to heave herself back up. The stomach acid and bile that burned in her throat instantly swallowed itself as Anarchy's light was blocked, a shambling meat puppet hovering over her. Maybe it was pissed at her for taking it's arm? Who cares, she didn't feel like letting it linger long enough to ask. Cocking her leg, she swung her hips and forced her leg up, cracking the heel of her boot against the monster's jaw. With ease, it unhinged and dropped to the ground as it staggered to the side. "Hey Iron Head, think fast, please." She called out with a churning stomach. The spinning kick to the chest instantly rang into Anarchy's brain as a bad idea. Sending it toward Nellie while Anarchy was fighting off her own stomach issues was a horrible idea, in retrospect. She should have taken a breath and figured out their situation, considering Nellie's nose seemed to have been more powerful than any other schnoz that the woman has seen before. Either way, she officially had a corpse to deal with one on one.

"Fuck it, I'm really not getting paid enough for this bullshit." She reached her hand out once again, her eyes scanning to decide the distance would give her enough time to go psych at least one more time. Her concentration broke once again as the thing she had flung back into the abandoned, wreckage of a building found it's way back behind her one more time. An eyebrow raised as Anarchy's head turned, suddenly feeling the faintest flick of psych energy in the back of her skull. It's not one of them, but someone at least passed by who can use some form of psych. If I could feel them, odds are they could feel me as well.

Both physically sick, and mentally tiring, it was time to start wrapping this up the only way that Anarchy's book of definitions could allow; aggressively. She stepped to the side toward Nellie, raising both hands up. Her target, whom had just been behind her, found it's legs being swept out from under it, taking a quick stint in the air. The monster landed on it's head as Anarchy's psionic energy grabbed it by the crown of it's head, slamming it against the pavement. With one last twitch, it stopped moving, as if whoever was controlling it had dropped the strings. They had left the head quarters less than an hour ago, and already the dynamic duo was getting caught up in all sorts of unnecessary bullshit. Anarchy groaned to herself as she felt her eyes growing heavy; the last thing she needed was to get tired out straight from the get-go.

"I think we're going to have to come up with a new plan," Anarchy called over her shoulder as she turned back to face the figured that had grown much closer to the two of them. "Something tells me this just isn't working very well, and I don't really want to stick around long enough to see if I'm right or not." In an attempt to buy them enough time to figure a new way out of their sticky situation, Anarchy's eyes locked on the wreckage of a car that was seemingly destroyed from whatever fire caused the entire area that surrounded them to be turned into ruins. At first the vehicle wouldn't budge, her concentration breaking from the rotting smell invading her body. With gritted teeth and more force behind the pull than ever before, and let out an audible scream as strain wrapped around her brain and squeezed. As she pulled her fingers toward her body, her brain throbbed and convulsed in pain. She couldn't worry about that though.

The hood of the car swung forward, signalling another scream from Anarchy as she dropped her gun, bringing her other hand up to bring the back end of the vehicle parallel with the hood of the van. Now sitting horizontally, Anarchy swung her hands behind her back. In unison with the motion, the van made a horrifying scraping sound as it hurled itself toward the two, cracking against the meat puppets like some kind of giant snowplow. Quickly, Anarchy reached toward her gun, having it pull itself into her hand. While the opponents were pinned against the large utility vehicle, she decided to fire as many rounds at them as possible. There was a loud bang followed by a solitary click.

Both guns empty, their luck was still at least half full. Nellie's attack earlier managed to miss the target, but still cut through the gas lines of the van, which was ignited by Anarchy's bullet bursting through the leg of her target and hitting the leaking gas. "Nellie, watch out!" She called as the inferno set it's sights on the two, barreling toward them. Trading nausea for adrenaline, Anarchy pumped her arms as she jumped, swinging her body into a flip as she held her arms out, using all of her creativity to create enough psych energy to push her over the top of the van and to safety over on the other side.

7ca5417c7bb4629703949bd01cf82c5f7d3b35bc.gif

• Nice Execution!
Nellie King "Iron Head" | Status: "...Huh. Well, that happened."

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f676f336b542d414632576b7a78413d3d2d3536313033343532392e313533393230393636303635366431343734393437363935323639312e676966

Iron Head barely had a chance to react, let alone register Anarchy's brief warning before she saw one of those nightmarish puppets come stumbling her way. "Fucking--!" Was it a tad like flailing? No--it was very much like flailing. The iron clad avenger flung her hands up as quickly as she could, but it was a waste of effort on her part. Just movement without purpose. Absolutely nowhere near enough time to think of how to handle her newest problem.

The suddenly close proximity was Hell for her.

Mainly because of the smell. Rotten. Rancid. A putrid scent that struck such a deep and intimate sector of her gut that the organ lurched, violently so. She slapped a metal hand over her nose, then the second joined to cover her mouth as vomit trailed up the back of her throat. Don't you fucking throw up. Don't you fucking dare!

Inches. This disfigured monstrosity was inches away from clashing into her. Touching her. Invading her senses even more than it already was. No. Fuck no. No, no, no--

Another wave swimming up her esophagus... but not vomit. Not this time. Iron Head parted her fingers to let a long stream of blood to eject from her lips like a mini-missile. It flattened and stretched into a six-legged clamp, then slammed into the monster's torso with the force of an angry bull. It crashed into pavement hard enough to shatter its spine in several places--if it was human to begin with, but Iron Head was having a hard time wrapping her mind around the possibility. She extended a hand, willing a strand of crimson to grow out of the construct and loop around her hand, securing the pinned zombie like a dog on a leash. A series of crackles pierced the air as the construct visibly hardened; that was the extent of her manipulation for this batch, but it'd be enough.

Gritting her teeth and tightening the muscles in her biceps and back, Iron Head gripped the pole of solid blood with both hands and shoved down with every ounce of strength she could muster. The other end sharpened into a spear head, then ripped clean through the zombie's corpse and out of its back, driving into the pavement underneath. If that didn't kill it, then it definitely wasn't going anywhere now. Foul-smelling son of bitch. "Stay," she growled.

300-spear-pantheon.gif

Her gaze immediately sought out Anarchy, who had just taken down another target.

"Something tells me this just isn't working very well, and I don't really want to stick around long enough to see if I'm right or not."

Unbidden, a scoff escaped Iron Head, the salt and annoyance heavy in her tone. "Damn. And I was having so much fun..." Regardless, her mind raced for a plan. She didn't miss the way Anarchy's problem heaved a twitch and fell limp after her attack. It was a damn vicious blow, no doubt, but the avenger couldn't overlook the skepticism gnawing at her brain. Something about these unnatural fucks made her wonder just how effective bludgeoning and piercing damage was on them. They moved like puppets and were clearly dead, so something was controlling them, but now it had fallen still... Did the puppeteer run out of stamina? Faltered in concentration? Or were they planning something else?

Fuck. She didn't have time to get lost in her own thoughts. Focus--

Then a bang.

A loud, ear-bleeding scrape.

Followed by an explosion.

Ho. Ly. "Shit!"

Anarchy didn't need to call her name twice. She didn't have the agility or finesse like her partner, but Iron Head shared the creativity. Hopefully. Fuck--didn't matter. Act now, avoid getting crushed under a ball of fire. She ejected another globule and forced it a few feet ahead of her. Then she set off into a sprint.

Heading straight for the car.

Iron Head jumped forth, her metal boot landing on the construct as it flattened into a miniature platform. She launched off of it and scaled another step higher; the blood snaked in tandem with her movements, raising her more and more like a sentient staircase. Just as the smoldering hunk of metal came within reach, the bottoms of her feet skimmed over it by a hairsbreadth and it slammed into the building behind with a resounding crash.

tenor.gif

Shrapnel and chunks of brick and searing hot glass shards showered the street. Iron Head landed with a solid thud and already had a hand shooting out to form a thin shield between Anarchy and the lethal shower. The woman was likely more than capable of protecting herself from the onslaught, but the reaction was nothing short of instinctive on Iron Head's part.

"Fucking hell. Did that just...?" She stood to full height, trading an uncertain glance between the flaming mayhem they created and Anarchy. Back to the building. To Anarchy. Back. Anarchy again. She pointed at the wreckage. "Did that just happen?" Christ, what were the odds? That was just nuts. Reckless. Incredibly dangerous. ...Fuck that was kinda cool.

If that was their supposed plan, Iron Head wasn't going to complain. Not right now, anyway--

"Hurk!" If the scent beforehand was bad, tripling its potency with the addition of cauterized rotting flesh bit so cruelly at Iron Head's sensitive nose that she could no longer keep her gut under control. She pivoted away from Anarchy and emptied her breakfast onto the ground, a hand pressed firmly to her metal-plated stomach. Shakily, she raised her free hand and willed twin tiny droplets to jam up her nostrils, hardening into plugs. Christ. It wouldn't block out the smell completely, but hopefully it would lessen the impact from henceforth.

This day was going swimmingly. Really. She loved it.

Unmake me...

Last edited:
  • Spicy
What's short, purple and rethinking ever trying to help Conner again? | Anarchy

RuilPh.jpg

At first there wasn't even time to check and see if Nellie was okay. Smoke had let itself settle around Anarchy's eyes as soon as she landed, adding to the fact that her lungs were already basically drowning in the thick smoke from the fire. Her eyes began to tear up as she saw the outline of Nellie shying away from safety, and in change badassed herself across the top of the burning car.

Anarchy's forearm pressed itself against her nose and mouth as the coughing and hacking began. Her thumb stuck up and pointed at Nellie in an attempt to signal that she was still okay. Luckily she managed to get a hold of her respiratory system when she did; her body instantly tensed and flinched as Nellie's shield caught her by surprise. Maybe things weren't as clear as she thought they were, she realized as her eyes began to water again. "Glad to see that you're not hurt." The crayon said, gaining her composure as she took strides to stand beside the Iron Nerd. In all fairness, Nelson's atmosphere building surprise felt uncharacteristic, but at the same time it was probably the only way to react to an art piece such as this. Fire was roaring ferociously and cooked the flesh of the long since dead. It was a morbid barbecue that fed every fan of the macabre and gothic.

"Have you ever done that before?" Anarchy asked as she wrapped her fingers around her own left wrist; a safety measure to stop herself from gesturing for a high five, or patting her comrade on the shoulder. "I'd say that you and me are probably never getting scheduled to work together ever again. Not when Pearson finds out about this." She turned her nose toward the burning wreck. She allowed herself to step closer toward the collection of brick, rubble, metal and fire. She poked at a brick with the top of her heeled boot. Her eyes scanned the wreckage, spotting limbs that were severed, and being turned into the grilled meat platter that nobody asked for. "Thanks," Anarchy called over her shoulder as she turned her head to look over at Nellie. "For saving my ass back th-"

You know that fishing wire that Kevin used in Home Alone? That invisible stuff? Well, Anarchy found herself cut off mid-sentence as what felt like fishing wire looped around her neck, tightening into a noose as something pulled her backward. At first she landed on her back, slamming hard against the ground. As soon as she realized she was on the ground, Anarchy attempted to jump right back to her feet, which just caused her to get pulled back to the ground. Pain scraped across her back as whoever had hooked her began pulling on the wire like lasso, dragging her toward the flaming vehicle. Anarchy reached her hand out as she activated the psionic side of her brain. Her eyes once again grew foggy and hazy as she pulled herself into her little zone of concentration.

Dead, cloudy eyes whizzed back and forth as she looked for something to grab on to. Something. Anything. She looked toward a large, green dumpster that sat along the walls of the alley, and pictured a hang grabbing on to the edge of the large garbage disposal tool. She must have put too much for in trying to pull herself out of the unseen attacker's grasp, because garbage spilled everywhere as the dumpster was just jerked over on to it's side, and pulled toward Anarchy a few feet. Her concentration quickly broke as her attacker wrapped both of his hands on the lasso, pulling his hardest which caused Anarchy to audible choke as she back of her head slammed against the brick wall. The left side of her body began to heat up quickly as she realized that her attacker sat her down right beside the burning car.

The muffled sound of gloved clapping began to ring out from the direction of the car's trunk. He wasn't there a second ago, but a man ominously stepped out of the burning hole the car created. He ducked under the part of the wall that was still in tact, and then let himself drop on to the trunk of the vehicle. Anarchy's eyes went over to the naked legs that were officially standing on the vehicle
tumblr_n0qeswCBNJ1qdwujbo3_250.gif
. There was no shoes, no socks, no pants. Luckily a pair of leather shorts left even just the smallest amount to the imagination. "N-Nelli-"

Her only attempt to call out once again was cut off as the man pulled on the wire, her head jerking in his direction. The man's feet slapped against the pavement as he jumped down off the hood, his bones cracking as he wobbled to stay standing. Anarchy's eyes looked up at him; she noticed that he was topless, save for a bloody white lab coat the was at least one size too big for him. In one hand, his fingers were clasped around some sort of object, while his other hand had the invisible wire lasso tightened like a leash, wrapped around his hand. She watched as his legs turned to face her direction, and then took a few steps toward her in order to split the distance between them.

Anarchy wanted to go psionic, and attempt to find some sort of object to be weaponized. Then again, this man could probably have her decapitated before she could even get that dumpster up and off of it's side. Her thoughts were discarded, startled right out of her head as the man's masked face parked itself pretty much nose to nose with her. The mask looked leathery, but as the same time had the same texture and consistency as a garbage bag. It seemed simple enough; two eye holes and a mouth hole. It did, however, look like a piece of cow hide that had been soaking in a tub of fluids for too long. His eyes that looked almost like static electricity locked with hers as he blinked curiously at her. He raised his puppet controlling hand and stroked her cheek with gloved finger tips. He seemed gentle, kind, and almost caring in this strange gesture.

A snap, a crackle, and a pop released as the attacker stood upright again. He turned to face Nellie and rolled his neck in an attempt to crack it as well. His mouth seemed like it was welded into a scowl; his face a complete grimace of aggression and frustration as he looked toward the iron clad avenger. He extended the arm that looked like it was holding something, opening his hand as he brought it up. A collection of small clip on name tags, some smeared and spattered with blood, some not, flew through the air and clattered at Nellie's feet. There had to have been at least fifteen name tags in total. What happened to the people that they belonged to? Well, this man must have been thinking about that as well; the corners of his lips twisted and contorted into the vilest of grins. Just the very memory of the screams was enough to curdle his frown upside down.

He opened his mouth which quickly curdled once again as he simply held his breath instead of letting words out. His eyes squinted as he scanned over Nellie, poking at his chin in thought. Keeping his one hand at his chin, he paced over to the other side of the burning car. Anarchy subtly slid behind him, wriggling and screaming out as her bare shoulder was directly forced into the open flame. Blood began to flow behind her, staining the cement as the stitches holding her tender wound shut tore out. He ignored her screams of pain and anguish. If he knew anything about the story behind who Anarchy was, he'd know not to ignore her screams. It was rare to inflict enough pain on her to cause her to scream, thus meaning he should have been reveling in his feat. No, instead he ducked down and pulled a severed arm out from under the burning car.

"........." His brooding eyes flicked up to Anarchy as he sniffed the charred arm. The scent that carried up his nose caused his eyes to roll into the back of his head, his tongue flicking out from between his lips to add moisture to them as his grin returned to his face. He tossed the arm at Iron Head's feet as well, his eyes turning back to
source.gif
Anarchy who managed to get herself out of the fire. "W-why..." He called out, his voice ringing out in a voice that sounded like a deep voiced radio host would sound like if he smoked four cartons of cigarettes in less than an hour. It was deep, raspy, and yet still sounded wet and slimy at the same time. He held up his hostage holding arm, causing Anarchy to be pulled on to her knees. "...Are you here...?"

Anarchy might have screamed. She might have let her guard down and let him get the upper hand, but she wasn't ready to submit to fear. Not to this asshole, at least. She would never cry, and she would never show any signs of fear or weakness. Anarchy hung her head in shame as she sat there, her bruised knees starting to form scrapes that had no issues sparing some of her blood to help paint the rocky pavement. Her knees lifted off the pavement as he wrapped his hand around her throat, lifting her up off the ground as his choking got stronger, heavier in pressure. His eyes pierced into Anarchy's; his eyes were filled with evil. Pure. Evil. The level of implied intimidation began to get higher and higher as anger filled the man. Anarchy's eyes reverted to her normal lifeless, challenging eyes until he put her back down on the ground, gently this time.

"S-superheroes," The brooding figure called out, as he turned back around to face Nellie. "You two...superheroes? Looking...f-for the big grey man?"

Nellie King "Iron Head" | Status: Toiling Like a Furnace​

giphy.gif

Rage.

To Iron Head, rage was like a best friend. A guide. A tool. A precious advantage and flashlight to help peel away the darkness clouding her motivation. It bubbled and boiled in her veins the moment she woke up, then burned even hotter in her nightmares. Gloves and masks and scalpels and blinding white lights and pain and pain and pain and pain and so much more fucking pain.

But the rage fueled her. Rescued her from that sterile prison and lent her the power to escape. To slaughter all of those who reduced her to a mindless, wailing animal. There were so many images burned into the back of her skull. Decapitation with a single swing. Severed heads smashing into the tiles, pinned to the walls like mutilated oil paintings, thick globules rolling down the linoleum and infecting the crisp scent of sanitizer with iron and bodily fluids. She could smell all of it. Taste it. The stench of sodium was especially heavy with tears of horror. Grown men and women. Her colleagues. Shared notes with them. Groaned together during late night shifts. Joked about the broom shoved their boss's ass. She never knew someone as playfully dry as Shelby could produce that much sodium or cry so loudly or--

Anarchy's screams flayed Nellie's insides.

And so the rage doubled. Tripled. Hotter and hotter until it reached a temperature incapable of description. It burned beyond the feeble limitations of words and vaporized the water in her body. A brittle drumming in her chest. The heat vanished and in its place was a cool and crisp calculation that could flash freeze skin and peel it from muscle like paper.

In the next moment, a million things happened. But all that mattered was the complete shut down of Nellie's emotions. And Iron Head returned, grabbing hold of the wheel, and forcing sentiment into the loneliest, tiniest chamber of her soul. Her breath steadied. The world clicked into place. And her frigid eyes dilated, honing in on the horrors unraveling before her like a hollow husk for a scientist.

Stock still, Iron Head first zeroed in on the new face. He had hopped off the car, his bones cracking upon impact. Such a short drop. So insignificant to the normal human body. Conclusion: this new hostile wasn't normal. In both body and psyche--no, just psyche. She hadn't gathered proper evidence pertaining to its psyche yet. Another second passed. Another observation made. Lab coat adorned by the new hostile is way too big for its frame. Clearly doesn't belong to it. Taken from possibly a North Star employee. Next observation. Its lower body turned unnaturally out of the sync with its upper body. There was a disconnect somewhere. Artificial? Non-human, that's what mattered. Good--she wouldn't feel a single ounce of guilt about dangling its limbs from a flag pole and watering the grounds below with blood.

No. Guilt had no place in her mind at the moment. Back to deductions.

Next observation--name tags. For as long as she'd worked with the company, she could spot and recognize the company's insignia from miles away. It was printed across each one. Blood on that lab coat... They must've been the zombies. It was controlling the corpse of North Star employees. And yet, something inconsistent struck her. Too many. Way too many name tags, way too little zombies...

Fuck. This asshole had way more creatures from Hell loitering in the shadows, waiting to strike and outnumber them.

Keep. Still. And. Be. Calm.

Next observation--eyes. Just peering through the holes of its mask were a pair of occipital organs that lacked the warmth and light of an aware human being. Something was lost. Lacking. Usurped by a restless buzzing that could live among bee hives or ant colonies without a queen. A collective conscience living in a single body? Uncertain. Moving on to the next observation--erratic shift from two different extremes in behavior, at least with physical touches. A gentle caress of Anarchy's cheek. Then viciously dragging her reopened wound across gravel and fire. Choking her. Then cautiously placing her down on her feet. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Another confirmation that something human was taken out of the equation.

Just what in the fuck was this thing--

Save questions for post-analysis.

No... No, no, no. What the fuck was wrong with this thing? Nellie took a step back when the arm was tossed her way. What? A peace offering of some sort? What did this thing gather from such an action? Something positively, apparently. The slip in composure was a sore mistake on her part and she tried to rectify it by scanning the arm, insides mellowing once more. She studied it a few seconds, letting her thoughts catch up with reality. This guy... This thing loved violence. The scent of blood and gore. She didn't have enough care within her to pinpoint an exact diagnosis of its mental state, but she gathered something useful.

It lusted for blood and violence.

She'd stash that away for later.

At long last... Iron Head loosened the knots around her heart, if only a little, and drew in a deep gulp of air. No matter how hard she bit down on the inside of her cheek, she couldn't suppress the wrathful scowl threatening to set her breath aflame like a dragon. She risked a step closer as the mystery figure spoke, her veins rumbling with a craving to carve out his insides and splatter it across the asphalt. Flames dyed the city streets in a haunting glow of oranges and reds, filling the air with roasting rotten flesh and freshly boiled blood. Flecks of light reflected off the metal plates of her suit and dampened the color of her face until she withheld the complexion of a vengeful ghoul.

"W-why..."

Not. Human. One hundred percent confirmed.

Iron Head froze once more, annoyed that she couldn't have gotten much closer. There was barely any progress.

"...Are you here...?"

Words almost jumped out her avenger like bullets from a chamber, but she caught herself. Snapped her mouth shut. Worked the syllables around in her mouth, letting the taste linger and register, before speaking as calmly as possible, "We're not here... to cause trouble. It's just a rescue mission."

And there it was--Superheroes. Big grey man.

Neither Anarchy nor Iron Head had mentioned Night Watcher, so this thing... had intel. It knew something. And as much as she fucking couldn't stand that big oaf, any information was good information. Iron Head nodded. "That's right... Big grey man. We're heroes... looking for the other hero, big grey man. Now..." She cautiously raised a hand. A motion of surrender. Her gaze strayed to Anarchy. "Let her go... and we can talk."

• Spicy
Anarchy | Trapped
tumblr_mcjwd4e66A1qj2b14o1_500.gif

Now sitting idly on her knees, Anarchy's eyes looked up toward Nellie. They weren't the eyes of a damsel in distress who needed to be rescued. No. Her eyes were the eyes of a patient woman. She was waiting. Listening. Watching. They weren't pleading or filled with dread; they were the same, dead, lifeless eyes that was constantly judging every situation. The heat of the fire reflected across her skin, painting her shades of darkened orange and yellow. Her glossy mask portrayed the image of the fire from the vehicle with extreme detail. She was even starting to feel the heat across her body, and she did not like it one bit.

The string, or rope, or fishing wire, or whatever it was this...man was using to keep Anarchy controlled was stiff and taut. She could feel it burying itself into the flesh around her neck, reddening the skin and solidifying a mark when - if - she made it out of this trap alive. The last person to reduce Anarchy into a helpless prisoner had their insides used to paint a broad landscape of reasons why people aren't supposed to tie Anarchy up. The pain and suffering she inflicted on her captors took the place of vibrant blues and yellows to paint the metaphorical horizon as regret filled the man's head. He died regretting ever laying a finger on Anarchy, but that was exactly why she did what she did. She wanted him to feel what he had done to her, to taste the mistake he had made. She wanted him to die knowing why.

That fate was something this freak was going to wish for once Anarchy was out of his trap.

Quiet eyes drifted over toward the masked figure dancing by the shadows. The demeanor, the movements, the joy that portrayed itself every time this guy moved. A small smile began to drag itself across the sides of Anarchy's mouth as a glistening sparkle grew in her eye. She knew what this man was feeling. He was like Joaquin Phoenix dancing on the stairs. He was like Billy Idol, dancing with himself. There was a certain glow coming from every exaggerated Jim Carry rivaling movement he made, and it was caused by something Anarchy knew all too well; this was his first time killing. He was getting his taste for blood, learning what he was good at. He knew that hunting, trapping and overwhelming is what he's meant for. Anarchy had to hide her smile as she looked away from Marionette, drawing on her concentration face as she attempted to find Nellie's eyes once again.

"We're not here... to cause trouble. It's just a rescue mission."

Anarchy watched as her partner attempted to reason with this...thing. With eyes didn't leave each other, Anarchy raised her chin a little bit as she imagined the process that turned her into the one being rescued. The moment it happened could be attributed to the fact that her back wasn't facing a wall, and that her defenses were down. She wasn't watching over her shoulder, and the both of them assumed everything was defused and the enemies were incapacitated. This was her own fault, and she knew she had to get herself out of this situation. Just kill him, right now. Come on, Nellie, just take his head off right now. A certain intensity found itself cradling Anarchy's emotions as her eyes searched for the attack. The first strike; blood spilling and creating a nice soft bed for his head to land in. Still, Nellie didn't seem to want to move. From what she had seen, there was always specific signs and movements Anarchy could point out that would signify an Iron Head attack. She hadn't seen a single one of those key signs yet.

"That's right... Big grey man." If it weren't for the fact that Anarchy had learned when to keep her mouth shut (unlike the titular big grey man), she would have called Nellie out for trying to level with this guy, as if he functioned properly like the rest of them. That was probably a bit of a stretch; there was nothing about Nellie or Anarchy that spelled out the letters NORMAL in big neon letters. "We're heroes... looking for the other hero, big grey man. Now..." The good news was that when his hand was around her neck, Anarchy managed to see the wire pressing against his forearm, tracking toward an area near his waist under his lab coat. That tidbit could come in handy, but so far Nellie didn't seem to want to take the violent route out of this situation.

Finally, Iron Head moved. Her arm went up. The smile returned to Anarchy's face as she could picture the crimson blades taking yet another victim; adding her prey to the landfill Anarchy painted, letting the body pile grow higher. But no. "Let her go, and we can talk." Did we just surrender? Was Anarchy really just some bargaining chip? The smile quickly faded off her face as her face locked itself on Nellie's direction. The life that was briefly lighting up her eyes froze over and her eyes turned back into the wasteland they usually were. Feeling her back stiffen, Anarchy turned her head. Her attention leaving Nellie to face that back of her attacker. If Nellie wouldn't kill him then maybe -

No.

That line of thinking wasn't who she was. That thinking was Nicole. It wasn't Anarchy. She brought her hand up to her head, slamming her palm against the crown of her head once, twice, and then three times. The impact was audible; the sound of her gloves slapping against her skin. When she looked back to Iron Head, her eyes finally, for the first time, filled with damage and a need to apologize. "F-find?" Hunt, Mari, she means hunt. They're hunting the big grey man. Anarchy lunged forward as he started slapping his hands together, an act that would have been an applause if he had muscle around his wrists. His hands just flopped without any control, almost missing each other with every failed attempt at applause. "Yes. Big grey man. Find big grey man."

Blood might have been pouring down her back, and the flow of air might have stopped entering Anarchy's lungs, but she wasn't ready to die just yet. She had been dragged forward back on to her stomach. The wire truly was tighter now than it was before the attacker started his bastardized idea of clapping. She could feel her legs growing numb as her hand reached for the wire at her neck. She flipped herself on to her back, spreading her legs like a star fish as her right leg buckled, kicking the air as she clawed to try and get her fingers under the wire. Suddenly the red she was starting to see left in the blink of an eye as the snare loosened, falling off her neck and left her a choking, coughing mess. Tears had welled up in her eyes, but she couldn't seem to notice them until she was finally able to breathe again.

"Yes," Marionette cheered quietly as he gave his wire three tugs which resulted in some magical way the freeing of Anarchy. It's like the wire unraveled itself and slid off from around her neck. "Yes, yes, yes," He was getting louder with every single utterance of the word. He was winding up his wire, wrapping the wire that was used as Anarchy's snare around his hand in order to avoid any tangles or knots. "Yes, yes, yes, yes yesyesyesyesyesyesyes. Hunt big grey man." He looked almost...happy. Like he was jumping for joy, but had a body that restricted his ability to jump. It was as if his body was nothing but a collection of marrow and veins, and nothing else to make him distinguishably human.

Finally, he stopped moving so erratically. He looked at Nellie, and the distance between the two. He leaned back, bringing the back of his head closer and closer to the ground. Quickly, he felt his hips audibly snapping out of place as the back of his head touched the pavement. His right shoulder popped out of the socket, letting his arm connect with the ground to hold himself up. The same thing happened with his other arm, and soon his pseudo transformation was complete. He was close to Anarchy now, who had her hands wrapped around her throat as she shifted up to sit on her bum. She huffed in air, but froze as her eyes opened to find Marionette inches away from her face. His breath smelled as though a child was holding a clump of dirt and assorted insects. His grin was too much for her, causing her to look back toward Nellie.

"I saw the grey man," He called out as his masked nose pressed itself to the back of Anarchy's head, taking a heavy whiff of her scent into the deepest caverns of his nostrils. "He came to me in a dream I had. He asked me; why do all the children die?" His grin widened surprisingly even further as he attempted to turn around and change directions. As he turned to face Nellie, Anarchy's hair brushed against his face, sending tingles across his spine. "And so...I told him...all children get to go to heaven, those who grow up to be evil stay here, in hell, with me." He attempted to lunge toward Nellie. God damn it, he tried. He allowed his body to get close down to the ground as he started to lunge, but he froze his movements instantly.

Marionette was lifted up off the ground. Slowly, he levitated up a couple of feet. Much quicker than he was lifted, he was slammed down into the ground. His head flew back as his tiny teeth clicked against the pavement. "Nelson, you beautiful tin nerd, are you okay?" The positivity had come back to her voice. He slowly stood up, holding her arm out toward the roach like attacker. "What happens when he who spoils souls is damned to spend even a minute with me?" Nicole's grin was quite obvious as she made her way over to her downed attacker, her hand pointed at him the entire time. "We don't have time for riddles," Nicole said as she squatted down, nuzzling her cheek against his before giving the cheek of his mask a quick lick.
"But I have time to figure out how much pain the human body can handle before shutting itself down."

• Spicy
Nellie King "Iron Head" | Status: Conflicted

tenor.gif

She didn't want to look into Anarchy's eyes. Doing so would lead to many things that her emotional state couldn't afford to register, especially not now. Not when everything balanced precariously on the tip of a frozen dagger. Analytical. Calm. Frigid. She had to maintain focus, keeping her emotions locked away like an unwilling prisoner. Even as Iron Head's thoughts sifted and organized and glided across the back of her of eyes like a master computer, inklings of fire licked at the bars of her soul. Screaming like a wild banshee. Howling like a wounded beast. Slobbering at the maws and gnawing rusted iron, starving for freedom. To taste a different type of iron. Kill the fucker. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him kill him kill him and get him away from Anarchy and kill him and get him away from her and kill himkillhimrightnowrightnow--

No.

Dangerous. Reckless. Foolish.

This was why Iron Head avoided eye contact with Anarchy. One wrong move. A single flicker of emotion found in her partner's eyes and Iron Head's concentration would shatter like glass on concrete, sliced by the flying shards of her failure. She absolutely fucking refused to buckle. As long as she remained calm and entertained this... thing, an opening would present itself and Anarchy could avoid further harm. That was the ultimate goal. Emotions and anger and blood lust be damned--there was always a chance for that afterwards.

As Iron Head awaited the man's next move, she honed in on the vicious sloshing in her veins. Currents of blood raced and crashed against her innards like a peevish child throwing a tantrum, enraged by the restraint. Soon. So goddamn soon. Gradually, sentient liquid streamed up the columns of her wrists and began to build in her fingers, preparing to lash out and sever her opponent's head from his shoulders. It'd be swift and quick, impossible to miss her target from the short distance between them. Speak; that was all he needed to do again. The very moment those unnatural lips would part, she would strike like a rattlesnake--

Slapping.

Iron Head tensed from head to toe, the blood in her body lurching in surprise so violently that her innards ached from the backlash. Against her accord, against all desperate breeds of self-discipline, her gaze snapped back to Anarchy. What... What the hell is she-- And then it happened. Emotion. The frozen tundras that Nellie was so used to seeing fill Anarchy's eyes melted away in the face of something pained and pleading.

Something within shattered. If only Nellie could comprehend what in the Hell it was.

Air catching in her lungs, it was only through the mercy of God that the iron avenger managed to tune back into the man partway through his manic rambling. Oh God. Jesus fuck. This thing grew more and more disgusting by the second, toiling the nausea in her gut like a bubbling cauldron. Like instinct, Nellie snapped a step forward as Anarchy was dragged forth by the fishing line, only to fall frozen once more when she was freed.

A waste of time. Waiting for further information from this creature was a complete waste. His rambles grew madder and madder, and it took every ounce of will Nellie had not to grimace as his body bent backwards. This went beyond mere flexibility and dipped into the realm of nightmares. The moment its attention switched from Anarchy to Nellie, her blood rumbled once more in anticipation. She lunged at the same time the creature did, the rage she fought tooth and nail to suppress surging up her spine like a roar of flames.

Until his body was slammed violently into asphalt.

"Nelson, you beautiful tin nerd, are you okay?"

The blood that rushed to Nellie's head made her glow like a cherry lamp. "Beautiful tin nerd...? Are you--?" She shook her head, forcing the momentary confusion aside to focus on the matter at hand, her brain scrambling to organize reality. So much happened in the span of a moment that she struggled to understand her own emotional standing. Luckily, no thought was needed. Her body took control of the wheel once more, allowing the wave of magma rage to resurface and scorch her insides. Perfect. With him pinned and vulnerable like that, it'd be much easier to chop him up into a bloody Caesar salad.

"Keep him still..." she hissed. Blood coiled out of the plates of her gloves and reared back their heads like faceless serpents. Maws parted, more and more until the jaws dislocated and flattened into her signature blades.

Kill him

A twitch of the mind.

Kill him. Kill him. Kill him!

They raced forth at frightening speeds.

Make him scream. Suffer. Beg for death. Cry for mercy. Choke on blood.

"But I have time to figure out how much pain the human body can handle before shutting itself down."

The human body can handle... Kill him!

The sharp curvature of her construct neared the base of his throat. So close. Just a fraction of a nanosecond was left before her blood would cleave his jugular in two.

The human body...

Kill! Him!

Human--

The blades ceased.

Lungs quivering with a growl, Nellie gnashed her teeth and clenched her outstretch hands into fists. The blades shivered, then collapsed altogether. They slathered and dribbled down the creature's leathery visage, spilling across its eyes and nostrils, inundating its senses with the heady scent of blood. Nellie tightly seized her wrist with her other hand, forcing it to lower as she fought to catch her breath. It hurt. It fucking hurt, but she gulped down ton after ton of fury. Close... That was way too fucking close. She'd almost compromised their security a second time because of her fucking emotions.

Iron Head panned her focus outwards, nostrils searching their surroundings for any hidden indicators of rotting flesh. She hadn't forgotten about those name tags. There was no way he didn't have more of those puppet zombies on hold, waiting for exact moments like this to pounce while their guard was down. At the very least, she hoped that overwhelming him with his... apparent love for blood and gore would grant them more than enough time to end him before he could summon anymore corpses.

"He's not human in the slightest," Iron Head rasped, her breath thin and ragged, "He's got nothing useful for us. If you're going to take him out, do it now." For the first time, Nellie was the one to seek out Anarchy's gaze, a hint of plea entering her own. A finger pressed against the inside of her wrist and a pulse of energy whirred through the suit, followed by her visor snapping up to reveal a pair of baby blue eyes. "That thing... isn't worth your rage and you know it, Anarchy."

That damage. That pain. That agony. No matter how hard Nellie tried, she couldn't erase it from her mind. She'd never... ever seen such a thing in Anarchy's gaze. Something was wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. And it fucking gutted Nellie. Was this how her old targets felt right as her blood blades shredded their organs? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe she'd never have the answer.

What mattered right here, right now, was Anarchy's.

Last edited:
Anarchy | Searing Flesh and Rotten Bones
tumblr_opnmbt43Mc1rn5gv3o1_400.gifv
The ambiance had become a bit troublesome. The fire hadn't even thought of dying down yet, casting the shadows of the trio, dancing across the brick walls like a puppet show. The blazing fire was the perfect personification of the legions of angry emotions that created the atmosphere. Not only was the Angel of Vengeance herself feeling her own blood boil, but she could tell that her partner was feeling the same rage that she was. Anarchy could tell just by looking at Iron Head that she wasn't happy, but she was acting different than usual.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for the two women to leave a trail of bodies in the wake of their destruction, but tonight was different. If Anarchy were to keep a level head during this confrontation, she'd understand that Nellie wasn't going soft; she was protecting something. Protecting what? It couldn't have been Anarchy. Her mental state was already so decayed and jaded that protecting her mental health would be like sticking a bowl of ice cream in a microwave with a bunch of ice cubes to stop it from melting.

Redundant, vain and moot.

If it wasn't her mental health, then what was it? Anarchy was a strong, dangerous woman who was forced to turn her body from a temple and into a lethal weapon. There was no way that someone like Marionette could get the best of her again, so why protect her? Anarchy was back on her feet, taking over the upper hand once again. The two of them had this guy right where they wanted him; under their control with his own life in their hands. If he made one wrong move, both women were capable of brutalizing him in ways that would rewrite the definition of pain, and would teach him that the word suffering would be much more comfortable compared to the state they would put him in.

Anarchy's thoughts were interrupted.

"Keep him still..."

The blood started pumping through Anarchy's veins again. Her chest fluttered with life as her resting heartbeat began to speed up at the pounding took over her eardrums. She could feel her heart pounding against the bone of her breast plate as Iron Head prepared to exact her swift vengeance against the puppet master. She prepared herself for the screaming, the thumping of impact before the echoes of bones breaking and the sloshing of blood splattering against the cement. Yes, he was going to die.

The smile taking over Anarchy's face was confused. She couldn't tell if it was Nellie's anger and need to avenge what could have been, or the fact that she was the one trapping their prey and being able to spectate someone else dismembering him. All Anarchy knew was that her mood was forcefully changing back to the jolly, chipper default that she enjoyed. Iron Head wasn't going soft, clearly. If she was willing to eviscerate this subhuman of a man, then there was no way that the iron avenger was losing her touch.

Marionette was kept under a strong grasp. It's hard to describe the mechanic behind psionic energy and kinetic powers, but Anarchy's brain was able to manipulate the energy and command it to take any form she wanted. There was no solid, visible form for the energy unless Anarchy focused hard enough, but invisible hands kept Marionette held against the ground, his feet swaying and his toes wiggling. Anarchy has used the energy as a tool, a weapon, and a comfort, but she didn't even understand how she was using it. She just pictured things happening, and they did. No matter how much she pictured pulling the man apart like a slow cooked pork shoulder, it just couldn't happen. Was there some sort of mental block? Was Nellie's behaviour forcefully distracting her subconscious?

Suddenly Nellie had disarmed herself, and the Angel of Vengeance could feel her heart freezing deep in her chest once again. Pain welled in Anarchy's eyes as her lips opened to question the woman, but no words could describe how she felt. Betrayed? Angered? Saddened? Nellie was just expressing a sudden interest in defending Anarchy and her dignity, but now that it's time to give the puppeteer his consequences, suddenly Anarchy's suffering wasn't worth killing over? Now that was interesting. The woman's frown conveyed more pain than usual. She could have sworn that she knew her worth and value, but now she was questioning the price she had put on herself. If Nellie wasn't going to teach Marionette his final lesson, then she would.

[/FONT]
An Undisclosed Number of Years Ago | Birth of an Angel

It was almost a month now, at the least. There was no real way for Nicole to tell.

Her arms had been bound over her head for so long that she was convinced she'd never be able to put her arms back down. Her mom always told her that if she made silly faces for too long that her face would stay like that, but what would happen if you kept your arms up for too long? Would that become the permanent position? They had cuffed her hands - the handcuffs so tight that she lost feeling in her hands in the first fifteen minutes of captivity - together and then stood her up, hooking a chain around the link that keeps the cuffs together.

Today was a special day; today was the day Nicole knew she was going to die.

The woman's will power was growing weaker than her body. She could feel herself caring less and less about staying alive, and was beginning to pray that the next punch would be the last. She would pray that a stab wound would do her in before they could patch her up. She prayed that she could finally escape. Alas, it seemed that God wanted her to live through all of this. She prayed for him to let her go, which all went unanswered. He wouldn't even kill her when she asked. Nicole only wanted to find and rescue her brother, and in doing that apparently God decided to turn his back on her.

Every day there was a rotation of four men who tortured her. They normally took between an hour and a half to two hour long intervals in terms of torture. She normally found herself being tortured for at least eight hours a day in her little cell in the basement. She never knew when it was day or night, due to the fact that she had virtually no windows to let light in. All the had was a dim light-bulb hanging from the middle of the room that only revealed the door, and the large workbench that sat against the wall. She could see plenty of tools and instruments of destruction that she would be able to use to defend herself, save for the fact that there was no way she could get her hands free.

Spud checked the Rolex that sat on his watch before winding his arm back once more, dragging his knuckles against Nicole's already purple cheek. Her dead eyes never looked away from his as her head snapped to the side, blood welling up in her mouth. He brought his knee up, the metal knee pad that came built into his camouflage combat pants connecting with the side of her ribs. Nicole could feel the bones in her body shaking as the blood flew from her mouth, but her eyes never left his. "I hope you know," she coughed out between breathless huffs. "I'm going to get out of here, and I'm going to kill each and every one of you."

Pain coursed through Nicole's skull as Spud grasped a firm hold of her blonde hair. It was a natural blonde, but had been dyed with the stains of dried blood and other liquids that had been poured on her in order to solidify her humiliation. Spud angled her head up to look at him, squatting down so that he was level with her. "That's funny, my love. Last time I checked, you aren't getting out of here. Once I'm done with you, and Richie has his turn, The Butcher is going to come pay you a visit and that'll be the end of you." Relief poured into Nicole's body. It swept across her like a wave. "First, he's going to make an incision in your stomach. Then carefully, he's going to open you up so that -"

The taste of purple sat itself on Nicole's tongue. It scrubbed itself against her, swirling in mandalas of flavor as the warming colour slid up her tongue and began to creep into her head. It took her eyes first; purple bursting through reality and taking her to a land of colours that were undiscovered by any mortal eyes. All of the pain in her body ceased to exist. It was almost as if today's session hadn't even happened. The pain left her body and was replaced with the sensation of vibrant greens, neon purples and light blues.

"Why do you pray to end this gift of life I've given you?" Came the voice in the back of her head. "I've created you in my image, allowed you to suffer as I have suffered, and still you wish to leave this life before our war? Did I waste my power in creating you?" The voice was far from subtle. It had started as nothing but a whisper, but with every syllable got louder and louder. Purple was growing stronger and stronger. It was as if it was taking over her body, poisoning her with the gift of shameless chaos.

"I created you with superior building blocks. Your DNA flows with the ability to harness the energy that only gods can see, and yet you continue to soil the name of your people?" Nicole was becoming something. Her mind bent itself, filling her brain with the taste of revenge. She was an embarrassment, a disappointment to her creator and their people. How could she have let herself be so weak? "Go forth, child. Show these men the cruel taste of their own actions. Become consequence, become the hammer of my wrath. Become anarchy itself and personify my hate."

How much time had gone past? When the purple had left her vision, Spud was already gone. Richie had taken his place, and standing on either side of the door were two men armed with 12 gauge shotguns, just staring at her. She watched as Richie had unbuckled his belt. He shouldn't have brought attention to the contraption that held his pants up, because that was what gave Anarchy her plan to escape. The guard on the left watched as Anarchy's eyes glazed over, his eyebrow raising. The belt slid itself from the hoops of Richie's jeans as Anarchy's finger slowly wagged forward. The leather belt quickly flew up, wrapping itself tightly around the man's neck before suspending up, the man's toes just barely off the ground.

'Life is a freedom, and innocents is but an illusion. Take this man's life, take it the same way he has taken away your ability to perceive innocents. Make him pray to me to spare his life, just as you have. Show him what it's like to have all hope taken from him.'

The guard on the left attempted to raise his weapon toward Anarchy as Richie coughed and choked, pulling at the belt that crushed his throat. The guard wasn't prepared for what came next; the barrel of his weapon turned itself to face the guard across from him, the trigger tugging itself. His ears hissed in frustration after the muzzle flash blinded him. He couldn't even see his friend's face splattered across the workbench near the wall. He couldn't even hear his own screaming.

With her handcuffs now unhooked from the chain and unlocked using the keys in Richie's pocket, Anarchy stood in front of the last man standing in her cell. She raised a weak, shaking arm as her eyes glazed over once again. She could hear his laughter echoing through her brain, cheering her on as her blood lust grew. Her eyes looked at the shotgun that sat at his feet, his hands now occupied by rubbing against his eyes. Now that might have been a good idea, to be quite honest.

Leaving him to try and lick his wounds, Anarchy approached the tools. Her curious eyes scanned the messy, unorganized shelves of the bench. Hammers, screwdrivers, a circular saw; so many weapons to turn against her captors. Her eyes focused on the flat head screwdriver in front of her, a grin spreading across her face for the first time in thirty days. She waved her hand and watched it rise up off of the table. The grin tasted like purple; the colour of vengeance.

"Fuck him." Anarchy whispered as she watched Marionette squirm, his tongue hanging out of his mouth in an attempt to lick up the blood that had drizzled across his face. "Life is a freedom, and freedom is an illusion. I will take his life. I will take everything from him." Marionette just wanted a best friend. He wanted someone he could build a nest in, someone he could call home. Anarchy wasn't ready to let herself become someone else's property. No, she's been there, she's done that. She wasn't going to let anybody use her for their personal gain ever again. The red line across her neck from the wire acted as a brand, a mark to make sure Anarchy never forgot this night.

Nellie's words weren't something that Anarchy wanted to hear, but she still heard it. Iron Head's words were a light orange; so comforting, tasting of sweetness and carrying a nectar that soothed the scars that covered her brain. What did Nellie have against purple? She could never understand purple, she wasn't purple. Purple was comfort. Purple was purple. Purple. Purple. Purple. Yes, she loved purple. Anarchy flicked her finger, lifting Marionette to face her as she placed her hand on his forehead, her smile causing his eyes to lock on to hers as his facial expression grew blank.

The snow globe glaze faded out of Anarchy's eyes as she stared into those blue eyes. Nellie isn't purple. She hates purple. Nellie could never understand purple. Nellie is blue. Nellie is orange. You don't want to lose orange, if you lose orange all you have is purple. Anarchy shook her head as she looked from Marionette back up to Nellie, her eyes lost in Nellie's. Anarchy shook her head once again, her eyes bursting open as the glaze took her eyes once more. She raised her hand, watching Marionette rise up off of his feet and fly toward the wall, crashing heavily against it before Anarchy reached behind her, pulling the handcuffs from her belt, and using her powers to bind his hands together. He sat there, curiosity taking over his gaze as he watched Anarchy. Interesting. Very interesting.

"....I'm sorry." Anarchy said, her eyes falling toward the ground. "I didn't want you to see me like that, but -" The screwdriver fit into his eye socket perfectly. The way his eyeball popped like a grape was purple. It was purple. His screams were purple. The way he begged Nicole to stop was purple. "he brought something out of me that really just....I'm sorry." Now wasn't the time for apologies, because the ground rumbled every so slightly under her feet.

"Big grey man," Marionette laughed, attempting to slap his hands together again. "Big grey man!" Anarchy whipped around and held her hands up, the heavy set front door of the North Star building catching itself inches away from Anarchy's hand. Little did she know that one of the zombies there were inside was used to send the door flying. The creature was the next to fly from out of the darkness of the building, a large fist sized hole had been punched into the creature's soft, decaying chest. [/FONT]What is this
source.gif
? Is this purple? No, it was grey. But what was grey? Anarchy had to look into her mental colour codex, as soon as she found grey she realized it was[/FONT]

"The Night Watcher." Anarchy called out as she put her hands down, letting the door fall to the ground with a heavy thud. "Do you have any idea -" The Butcher had grabbed her by the neck, slamming her down against the tool bench. Her back has knocked most of the tools off, creating a perfect little nest for her to become tonight's supper. "What the two of us went through to find you?" With one hand grasping The Butcher's wrist, she used the other hand to mentally catch the cleaver as he forced it down toward her. He tried fighting her psionic grip, but he couldn't break past her defenses.

"We have to leave," Blood drizzled and poured on Anarchy's face as the cleaver widened The Butcher's smile. Teeth had fallen out from the lower jaw as his flesh split away. "Those things are right behind me. I have no idea how many of them there are, but they're coming."

"I'm not finished here yet," Spud cried out as the claw of the hammer dug into his flesh just under the knee. "Why is it you get yourself captured and I have to watch as Iron Head over here risks her own neck to help me in order to help you?" Even with a dinged up leg, Spud tried to stay upright. We wobbled and screamed, but still he was standing. "Why do you insist on being such an idiot? Showing up drunk and then getting captured by that thing?" Even with such a desire to live, Spud fell. The impact of the hammer caving his temple in was enough to send him flying to the ground, the blood pooling around, filling up the hole where his face used to be.

Anarchy had pointed toward the wall, where she last left Marionette. All that was there was a pair of empty handcuffs, and a pile of clothes that used to house the creepy killer. "Ah, fuck. That's not good."

• Nice Execution!