Irideus

I think we'd be able to make it work, she could be our Geordi La Forge.

I read her entrance as more of a "I've come this far, dammit! No way am I staying here!" (Although that could be due to the fact that I had been picturing that sort of thing since I read the IC and OOC about her...) ​Anyway, if it wouldn't mess with things too much, I think she would be fun to rp. Thank you for your consideration.

You do have a highly certified doctor on staff who specializes in replacement parts for humans.

Even though 3 hours for a highly advanced surgery is a little extreme. o.O

Since we are running the "SCREW SAFETY, THIS IS THE PRIVATE SECTOR." angle, she could set in the ship with the power suit mentioned. Say it covers several aspects of life support and synth vision through use of radar what not, and blah blah blah blah. It's not meant to be a permanent fix, but rather one designed to make due until the crew can make it out of orbit. From there the Doctor and Ann can begin process of her recovery. Set aside an area of the ship that's resides in Zero Gravity for a sort of recovery chamber... maybe.

It would give a member of the Crew a Dragoon/cyborg like crewmember which might be neat. Especially if the recovery/adaptation to the suit was played out. It would take a weeeee bit of editing on Asmo's post, but from the look of it the edit would be relatively minor. Just swap a hand full of words and you have it set.

Not to mention we'd have something like this on our Crew:

640x398_6383_Space_2d_light_girl_woman_suit_space_astronaut_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

And Nikolai would have active work to do the moment he got out of orbit. WHICH MEANS HE CAN CONTINUE HIS ANGRY LACK OF SLEEP CYCLE.

Angry Russians are the best kind of Russians.

Ooh, an avatar. I like it. And I have already mentioned that we're using "synths" to compensate for the missing gas production and resource consumption.

What do you say, Geek? Fancy being in two places at once?

EDIT: Oh wait... I read SmicWeiner's post wrong...

EDIT EDIT: But my idea is still cool!

I like the idea of having Ann recover on the ship. Maybe as she is still healing she uses an avatar, since trauma like she endured takes a huge amount of energy from the body. She could still work, though, and practice with the suit for when she is more able to maneuver for longer periods of time.

Richard would hate her for being a useless burden. I like this.

Amazing, and that will definitely give Rachaella a new story development to write about.

This would probably be the first avatar used in space. Major history happening within major history. Ann's story will be just as big as the entire voyage. The footage of her recovery and rehab and development with the avatar will be something for the public to see...

Okay then. If you're absolutely committed to this, Geekout, I'll edit my post to have Ann insist on a mission posting, rather than just ground control. Then she and the synthetic will ensure that we have the same number of bodies on the ship.

So what exactly are the synthetics? Human vegetables?

I dunno. I just tossed a word in to fill a plot hole.

We could go that route, which would be kind of creepy in my opinion. Or we could go the route of having an Android type.

Okay then. If you're absolutely committed to this, Geekout, I'll edit my post to have Ann insist on a mission posting, rather than just ground control. Then she and the synthetic will ensure that we have the same number of bodies on the ship.
Yes please! Thank you, Asmodeus.

No matter what the avatar, there are all sorts of things that could go terribly/awesomely awry. She could develop sentience, cause ethics debates, come down with a cold, be injured... or... have connection interference, be hacked, get a virus, go on an all-out attack in the way that robots seemed doomed to do...

Reactions: 1 person
Okay, the posts are all edited.

I'll leave the avatar description and protocols up to you, GeekOut.

*Is actually anxious for more posts*

I'll be posting today or tomorrow, just working out my post and recovering from a cold.

Nuuuuuuu! Melody's been inactive for 2 weeks.

Our ship has no pilot... :(

Er... I guess I'll move this along, and hope Melody arrives by the next posting cycle.

Pilot or no, this story is too great to let die pre lift off.

Any way to poke the pilot or find another sit in? Or Automate the systems?

C'mon guys! Give control of the ship to the smart Asian girl! I mean DUH! >,>