Irideus

Name: Brandon Montgomery Scott, III

s2kBs.jpg
Role: Historian, Linguist, Theologian, and Occultist.

Mission Relevant Skills: Monty holds PhD's and Masters in numerous fields, up to and including Religious Studies, Comparative Religion, Ancient History, Archaeology, and Mythological Studies. He is considered an expert in his field, but is also somewhat ostracized for his leanings towards mysticism and the occult versus science. Monty also speaks numerous languages (a hobby), including Mandarin, Spanish, German, French, Russian, Arabic, Greek, and Egyptian.

Group Dynamic: A lifetime academic, Monty is sometimes lost on the finer social skills. That does not mean he doesn't enjoy the social atmosphere, however-- he thoroughly enjoys company and gatherings and, if given the opportunity, can run on wild tangents about any number of subjects he's knowledgeable with.

Future Tech: A wrist-bound tablet/PC with holographic display and interface that includes every relevant text found in a University library pertaining to his fields of knowledge. And the internet.

Why were you invited?: Monty has followed the Spires of God phenomena since Day 1, and has looked at and studied it from every perspective possible. His considered expertise on the Spires comes from his (highly vocal) theories that what was broadcast was not live, nor really a warning, but a recording made thousands upon thousands of years ago by the same entities that are theorized to have visited every culture on the face of the planet.

How's this? Thoughts, complaints, rooms for improvement?

Looks good. Any chance you had a connection with Ann Whittles, the linguist you're replacing? It'd be cool if she recommended you for the job, or inversely had deep reservations about you which she is now powerless to insist on. There should be a reason why were the next in line.

Without a doubt, they would have worked together through at least some proxy. I have it in my head she was a leader in one camp of thought surrounding the Spires, while Monty would have been the leader of his version of what the Spires were/are. Two different types of brilliance that don't quite see eye-to-eye, but Ann's vision was a bit more in line with Raquia (and she's purdy and easier to get along with). With her out of commission however, the only one left with as much in-depth knowledge as Ms. Whittles would be Mr. Scott.

Just don't call him that.

Headcoooooooooooount!

Who's still in this?

Yea, you know...

Hi, I know I should write something, just fighting the holiday inertia ...

I apparently missed the headcount. I still check the IC regular like hoping for new shtuff..

So am I. I'm still working out my next post, but being sick has slowed my thought process down on anything requiring solid thinking. Still, not stopping.

Yup... may have to advertise for some more manflesh.

Does that mean we might be dramatically offing some of the dropped members of the crew in assassination like styles as to raise tension?

Cause I'm completely for wanton death in the face of good storyline... Just sayin.

Just gonna pop in here and say that I saw that you might be in need for new flesh and blood. I've went over the OP (a few times actually) and the Characters; I'm about to read your IC, but I absolutely adore this idea already. If you do end up needing new people, I'd love it if I could be given a chance. Just tell me what type of character you might need, and I'll see if I can't find some inspiration for a character to fill that spot.

If not, then thank you for simply reading my post, and I wish you guys the best of luck.

Okay, I'm poking Unanun, Chloe, Revision and Dead now.

If one of them drops out, we'll shove Melpo in the spot.

[MENTION=3814]Melody Pond[/MENTION], are you thinking of an original character, or would you be happy to take over an existing one?

Either, depending on the character that needs to be taken over. If I feel like I can successfully portray that character, then sure.

Okay, well Revision has now officially dropped out due to sickness.

So if you think you can take on Melissa Ardent, that'd be great.

Revi only made one post with her, and I used her in the next scene, portraying her as a funny, geeky and excited type. But apart from that, her personality is largely uncharted.

Oh she's wonderful. I could do great things with that character. Although I'm not accustomed with "pilot" roles, I am a quick learner and it would be fun. If I can find a few tips on writing a pilot (so I don't go in blind and bullshitting), then I would be happy to join your crew.

If you are still needing more bodies, I would love to join.

As promised, I will post tomorrow

Okay Melody, she's all yours.

Geekout, I'm still waiting on replies, but I'll let you know.