Asuras

Original poster
egBT0mi.png

6PYeFXx.jpg
zposT8l.jpg
4Ia2Dpy.jpg

64AN0tM.jpg

SaGNjYs.png

The Ages of Men started with a lull, and then a boom, and then a long decay into war and madness. Where once the gods and goddesses had bestowed autonomy and power to every human being, arrogance gave way to inequality and with it, a hunger for more. Kingdoms rose and fell until not else besides "The Kingdom", the one and only, remained. From beneath its boot and at the tip of its sword, men could not enjoy what they once had, after their unbridled thirst for greater powers yet unseen by the divine had led to the death of heaven.

We were left alone, without our fathers and mothers loved dearly. We went on, and through perseverance, and the barest scraps of hope, we came out the better. As arrogance lasted, liberty grew in its rivalry until the underdog, built by its captivity and tempered by starvation, proved the greater power.

From the blood it spilled rose the spirits of those deceased divines, spurred on by the revelry of its chosen. Three Goddesses returned to the skies, and by their wisdom in the face of history, sought to settle, once and for all, the sins of men. If they could not vanquish the evil within men, they could stave it from surfacing.

The Goddesses formed a pact. Should their people come upon the lands of another, the two would destroy each other, and with themselves, their people.

From then on, no civilization dared bring up arms, both in respect for their divine spirits, and for the inevitable doom that would be visited upon them if disobeyed. The world came at last to another peace, one that afforded the freedom the prior ages could not.

9APIvN2.jpg

QrJnOjG.png

And yet, while the conflicts of man could be ceased by the Heavenly Trio, the presence of something greater was far from gone. An underlying essence of the world remained firm, implanted into the foundation of the world's very existence. From whence it came, or what its nature truly was, not even the divine could discern. All that was known, was that it had to be met with the same ferocity that had driven war's in the Ages before.

Crises, and they have simply and aptly been called across the years, have plagued civilizations from time to time. Calamities big and small, but no less problematic in either case, have appeared and been summarily solved through the power of the Goddesses' Chosen and the talented few, the works of brave townsfolk, and the massive undertakings of entire nations. Nothing has been too big to defeat.

Perhaps... until now.

From the west comes the face of a demon long thought vanished; the face of The Kingdom. From dilapidated castles of eons past and the murky, overgrown woods of ancient homes comes an unfeeling horde with the power to match even the gifted. A campaign has been set in motion to aid the central nation of Oristania, who face the mysterious enemies at their doorstep.

...And you have been tasked with venturing into the remnants of The Kingdom to root out the cause of this Crisis, so that we may better understand our enemy.

BcqEcoS.jpg

pBI2xPy.png

TBF​

oYtoNzr.png

wzndsfb.jpg
e8ecpsV.jpg

zW3kC4C.png

If there was one thing good to come out of The Kingdom of olde, it is this:

That the worship of those great, late, and mortal figures brings power to the living. Where the vanishing powers of divine boons once came from heaven down to the living, the idolatry that The Kingdom partook in, called Reverence, brought power from within, for within the spirits of every man, woman, and child, rested the deeds of those that came before them. Though blood ties empowered the boons greater, one was not forced to seek the power of only ancestry. Any figure worth idolizing was free to be pursued.

As one embodied the deeds and traits of a deceased hero, their own skills would grow, and as they came into a life of their own, one was free to shape their own heroic tale. In the modern era, where swords clash against the contemporary firearm, legends serve to weave both as mythic objects serving to further the feats of their wielders. Just as a human themselves can become a legend, so to can their tools.

And so, as both shine in the pages of history, each is an equal weapon in the face of greatness.

XI3Mr0f.jpg

ZEjS1Qc.png

Though the Goddesses forged their pact of mutual destruction, they could not dispel their own fear of individual weakness. What if either were to overpower the other, spurred on by the greater force of will of their people? Their purpose would be lost if but one Goddess remained standing...

With this fear in mind, the Goddesses began to raise daughters, women who would serve to ensure their pact was completed if they fell, and the other didn't. Imbued with incredible power not seen since the dawn of mankind, they would act not only as guarantors, but also guardians of the present world. Where the Goddesses could not remain upon the mortal surface, her daughters could.

The Goddesses' Chosen are these powerful girls, selected at birth to become fragments of their Goddesses' power.

Hello and welcome to Invocatem! Invocatem is a post-scarcity science-fantasy world involving the defense of a better, peaceful world against the enigmatic tide of periodic and inexplicable antagonism. Each of you will play as an individual with notable skills, be it as a practitioner of reverence or one of the Goddesses' Chosen, who has been tasked by their respective nation to aid in understanding the current Crisis; the automatons of The Kingdom.

This roleplay is heavily anime-inspired, as should be obvious, and so you shouldn't come in without expecting a certain level of gravity-defying physics and heroic shouting. Join up if you're interested!

Fine, fuck it. Stop making RPs with concepts I'm interested in.

Is the bandwagon getting back together? Yup, it is. Time to get the anime shit I couldn't get from Shattered Fates.

Looks cool, but honestly not sure I have time for this. Massive amounts of silly anime bullshit or not. Seems like some fun proper adventuring, though.

I'm certainly up for trying this if there's room! Some questions to start things off, though:

>What sort of player size are you aiming for?
>How many 'Goddesses Chosen' (I'll just abbreviate them to GC from now) are out there? It's said there's 'few', so I'm guessing they're super rare, but is there an exact number on how many there are?
>Also, if a GC were to have a child with an ordinary human, what would the result be? Or would that simply not work at all / be seen as so wrong no GC in their right mind would do it?
>Do GC know about their fellow GC? Or, rather, how well will our party know each other from the start?

I'm certainly up for trying this if there's room! Some questions to start things off, though:

>What sort of player size are you aiming for?
>How many 'Goddesses Chosen' (I'll just abbreviate them to GC from now) are out there? It's said there's 'few', so I'm guessing they're super rare, but is there an exact number on how many there are?
>Also, if a GC were to have a child with an ordinary human, what would the result be? Or would that simply not work at all / be seen as so wrong no GC in their right mind would do it?
>Do GC know about their fellow GC? Or, rather, how well will our party know each other from the start?

Probably about 6 or 7 players.

The number depends solely on what kind of children are born at any time. They're not immortal, so as GC die of old age or otherwise, a Goddess will decide at any point thereafter to appoint a new GC. They may wait a week, a month, a year, etc, before deciding who will take their place. Sometimes they'll choose multiple children at any instant, sometimes one. For this reason the number of GC alive at any time is just simply variable, though the average hovers around 100 year to year (per goddess)

GC are conduits for a Goddess, more or less, though unrelated physiology is unaffected by this; a GC will have a completely normal child, though this child, if female, is a potential choice for becoming a GC just as any other.

GC will intrinsically know other GC of their own Goddess, but not those of the other Goddesses. Player characters may know each other if they hail from the same nation/region, or not at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Jakers
is this a 3 par plus rp and aimed at advanced rpers and do you allow edits to posts. Does grammar and such have to be perfect?

is this a 3 par plus rp and aimed at advanced rpers and do you allow edits to posts. Does grammar and such have to be perfect?

This is a "write as much as you need to properly convey and characterize your character" roleplay. I don't set paragraph requirements, only expect that you actually put in genuine effort into your posts. To that end, I suppose it is an 'advanced roleplay' if we want to arrange things. As for perfect grammar, I don't expect players to tout perfect grammar or spelling; any one who did would be fooling themselves, not to mention arrogant. Everyone makes typos, and distinguishing a consistent writer from an inconsistent one isn't quantifiable beyond just 'seeing' that someone is making a lot more mistakes than normal. I don't expect perfection, but I prefer players who have a semblance of consistency to their typing.

And really... who the hell forbids post editing to fix typos?

Reactions: Rads
This is a "write as much as you need to properly convey and characterize your character" roleplay. I don't set paragraph requirements, only expect that you actually put in genuine effort into your posts. To that end, I suppose it is an 'advanced roleplay' if we want to arrange things. As for perfect grammar, I don't expect players to tout perfect grammar or spelling; any one who did would be fooling themselves, not to mention arrogant. Everyone makes typos, and distinguishing a consistent writer from an inconsistent one isn't quantifiable beyond just 'seeing' that someone is making a lot more mistakes than normal. I don't expect perfection, but I prefer players who have a semblance of consistency to their typing.

And really... who the hell forbids post editing to fix typos?

You'd be surprised how hard ass and arrogant some can be and i thought i was bad but i least i let people edit posts with in reason and try and be flexible. I got to admit i'm in between intermediate and advanced these days, i haven't rp'd with many people like i used to. Given its level as interesting as the idea is sadly i don't think people would enjoy rping with me and i know sometimes i do run on sentences without meaning to.

OOC is up for any interested parties. Character creation discussion and acceptance occur in the OOC. Only post sheets into the repository if accepted.

@Asuras I'm a bit interested in your rp. I see that the ooc and character threads are up, but no posts. Are you still accepting?

@Asuras I'm a bit interested in your rp. I see that the ooc and character threads are up, but no posts. Are you still accepting?

Rp is canceled. Got little interest which was fine on its own, but the interest seemed to be transient as no one posted anything after the OOC went up.