Invisible Inc. HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

of Dirt

• lfRVDxB.png

Invisible Inc.

We are an elite group of spies with the expressed purpose of ending global corporate dominion, one heist at a time.

If you have what it takes to become an agent, we will find you.

Otherwise, stay out of our way.

GM: @of Dirt CO-GM: @neptune

Phase One has begun [IC]

It's 2074, and after decades of global warfare known as the Resource Wars, every government on the planet has been toppled and replaced by a corporation. Now that the corporations rule the world with the cold and ruthlessness that comes with the single goal of being the most powerful corporation on the planet, the world has become a depressing place to live. Invisible Incorporated, an agency formed in the middle of the Resource Wars, is the only entity left to challenge the dominance of the corporations and put the world back in the hands of governments for the people, by the people. Invisible's agents are all master hackers and sharpshooters, and legends of espionage and stealth. With the help of their super A.I., Incognita, they've been slowly undoing the corporations' hold on the world since the agency's inception.

Unfortunately, the corporations suddenly laid a devastating blow to Invisible's HQ, killing and capturing many agents, and nearly destroying Incognita. Currently wired to the escape plane, Incognita has lost most of its advanced programs and is slowly dying. With what remains of the agency, they must infiltrate the top corporations to find out what they know and who orchestrated the attack, rescue captured agents, and above all, provide Incognita a new mainframe before it ceases to function.

Incognita won't last long, agent. You're on the clock. It's time to get moving.

The fall of Invisible HQ
    to be written.

• 1) This is an adept RP, which means you are more than familiar with what GMing, PPing, and MGing are and how to avoid doing them. Your posts are detailed and provide your fellow RPers with enough to work with to provide a detailed post of their own. Your characters have depth.

2) Much of this story will be told through the interactions between our characters. Everybody needs to make an effort to establish relationships that are both good and bad. You're free and encouraged to plan these things out OOC with your fellow RPers.

3) I need a post from each of you once a week. If you can't post because you're waiting for somebody else to respond, post anyway. If I don't hear from you, OOC or otherwise, for more than two weeks, you'll be ejected from the RP and your character will be controlled by me and neptune to satisfy our bloodlust.

4) You're free to make a second character, but upon creation, they will be considered captured by a corp and the current cast will be sent on a rescue mission. Yay!

5) There can only be two of each class and one cyborg. An OP cyborg is easy to make. Please be extra careful to avoid that if making one.

6) If you have a problem with another RPer, please try to resolve it in a civil manner. If you can't, we'll probably eject both of you.

7) To those who happen to be familiar with the video game: I only want original characters.

8) I'm very patient, forgiving, and empathic. If you've gotten on my bad side, you've earned it and you'll be ejected really quickly.

• Played by @of Dirt

Name: (Bad) Voodoo
      Birth Name: Xavier Beltran
      Years of Service: 5 years
      Hometown: Quito, Ecuador

Appearance: Xavier stands at 5'9'' and weights 170, with an athletic build that he maintains in case of prolonged time on the field. He has musky, brown hair that's just short enough to easily keep out of his eyes. Strands of early gray hair are noticeably present. He keeps his facial hair short and neat, but never clean shaven.

Personality: Eccentric and daring, Xavier can come off as a man with nothing to lose, and it's partly true. With his belief that fate has conspired against him, he has developed a defiant nature and an affinity for justice. However, he consciously puts on a front of being in the business only for himself, understanding that it'd be easily believable given all that he's lost. Despite losing everybody he has ever gotten close to, he hasn't become cold or unapproachable. He is neither numb nor accustomed to pain. Instead, his anger enables a remarkable will power, but also leaves him particularly vulnerable to recklessness.

Class: Hacker

Primary Augment: Viral Identification – A botched surgery. A sealable network socket at the base of the neck allows him to directly connect to most mainframe devices. It was originally intended to bypass viruses and other security measures entirely by forcing the device to recognize his mind as an admin, but it instead sends jolts of pain to his spine. Bummer. Upon further experimentation, he found that combined with his vast knowledge of viral programming, he can at least differentiate between viruses and other threats judging by the unique sensation. This allows him to determine what will happen when a device is tampered with, so he can explore other options. He often does this for fun with viruses he has engineered himself.

Additional Augments: none

Weapons & Tech:
      • Neural Disruptor
      • Several kinds of cords meant to be used for his augment and tablet
      • A modded tablet meant for hacking and writing programs.
      • 36'' blowgun equipped with three 4'' tranquilizer darts designed to put the target to sleep.

Bio: Xavier's life had been shrouded in death and misfortune. His mother died while giving birth to him and his father left him at a day care, never to return. He was adopted by a man who was an anti-corp activist and a part of the anti-corp underground, which was a secret organization of regular citizens that did whatever they could, with their limited power, to fight the corps. Once the Resource Wars was coming to an end, protests ramped up and the corps made more violent attempts to silence them. Ever defiant, his adopted father continued to openly oppose corporate takeover and lost his life in mass killing of protesters. The anti-corp underground raised Xavier as a collective, literally living in underground passages that nobody would consider looking into.

The quality of living was bleak, but they had their lives. With nobody to call his family, Xavier wandered around as a kid and gravitated toward the hackers that worked there because they were the only ones that didn't ask him to go away. They taught him little by little at first, but as his curiosity expanded, so did their teaching. He found comfort in having absolute control, even over things that didn't belong to him. At the age of sixteen he became one of them, joining them in minor raids that earned them the money that kept the underground fed. He likened himself to Robin Hood.

The underground started talking about an augment being developed that could bypass and/or reverse any virus it came into contact with. Such an augment would be invaluable against the corps and Xavier was adamant in having it for himself. Once it was developed, the underground stole the technology and worked with a trusted surgeon to have it installed. Just when Xavier thought his luck was turning around, the surgery was a mess and he was left with what he thought was a completely useless augment. He later found it allowed him to differentiate between viruses, but it still wasn't what he signed up for.

As his skills increased, the grind to keep the underground fed began to bore and frustrate him. He desperately wanted to do more than small attacks for chump change, but they didn't have the resources for anything more.

He fell in love with a girl after the war ended and convinced her to leave with him to another part of the world. He single handedly robbed a local corp of hundreds of thousands and didn't want to continue living a meager life with the underground. Xavier was confident his skills would let him get away with anything. The night she went to pack her things to leave, she was struck by a drunk driver and killed instantly. After that, it seemed every single death in his life began to hit him all at once. He started remembering things that should've been impossible to remember, like the last time he saw his real father and what his mother looked like.

Though the depression that followed might've crippled most people, Xavier's training ramped up significantly and he began using his augment much more frequently. He got his hands on whatever virus and security measure he could in order to understand the sensation each of them provoked. He began to develop an odd addiction to the pain his augment caused.

In 2069, the corps were causing severe damage to the Galapagos Islands, with their need for oil and over-fishing. At the rate they were going, the unique species on the islands would be gone forever in a year. The underground managed to rally the other underground organizations in neighboring countries to launch a single coordinated attack on Plastech Corporation, the biggest corp in the area. With a large firefight on the ground drawing attention, Xavier and many other hackers infiltrated one of their biggest facilities in an attempt to shut it down completely. Instead, one of their own defected and sabotaged the mission. The corp rewarded the traitor with a bullet in his skull and did likewise with the rest of Xavier's squad.

Many of them were friends, some of which he'd known since he was a kid—all killed right in front of him. He was kept alive for information and because they figured his augment provided an easy way to torture him. Despite the severe pain they subjected him to, all they got out of him was crazed laughter and fragmented ramblings about his past. Plastech dismissed him as insane and left him to rot in a cell, intending to use him as a lab rat someday. Invisible stumbled upon his cell by chance a week later in the middle of a raid and rescued him, despite appearing to be a broken man.

IC Writing Sample: "I never doubted you," Lissette said as life poured out of her in Xavier's arms. "I was just scared of leaving. I was scared and ashamed of letting the corps run us out of our homes, but I know we could've lived happily for the rest of our lives, evading the corps at every turn. It would've been better than what we had. It would've been more exciting." Her chest and stomach was drenched in crimson, every rib shattered, heart and lungs punctured and skull fractured. Xavier took comfort in knowing that she died before pain could have ever reached her.

Five men staggered to where he laid with his lover's body still in his arms. They were all part of his squad during the raid on Plastech. "Bad luck, huh? You'll do well here," Emilio said as he fell to his knees beside him. The rest of the squad collapsed completely, all riddled with bullet holes. Emilio was his mentor. He saw hope in a hopeless and lonely kid gave him a friend when he needed it most. "Hacking is all about becoming the master of fate. Not just your own, but of everybody in your way too," he explained as the left side of his face began to rip apart—the result of a shotgun blast at point blank. The gaping hole revealed a pearly white jaw, shattered teeth, and a mouthful of blood that couldn't be contained. "I know that once you get a taste of that, you won't want to let it go. It'll liberate you in ways that nothing else will," he explained before what was left of his skull came crashing down onto the pavement in more pieces than one.

"There's tremendous sadness to be seen in the eyes of the children in an adoption center, but I saw more than that when I first saw you," Victor, his adoptive father, said as he walked steadily toward him. "I saw anger. And it's easy to turn to anger when you've lost so much. I lived in a world where governments looked after us and I watched it get crushed beneath the iron heel of the corporations. Hundreds of thousands died violently fighting. The corps, above all else, want a fight and they won the moment the world gave it to them." He got on one knee and placed his right hand on Xavier's shoulder. "Peace will win in the end and nothing good comes from hate. I've based my entire life on that philosophy. I just hope to God it has reached you in a meaningful way before it's too late. Remember: la ira de la mente es veneno para el alma," he said, gesturing to the top of his head, turning slightly to reveal a bloody bullet hole that penetrated clean through his cranium, from one end to the other. His eyes rolled into the back of his skull as he collapsed beside Xavier.

Bodies continued to gather and collapse around him. Some he recognized, but there were many that he didn't. A man in a long, black jacket watched from the curb. Blurry and obscure, the man was in a perpetual state of being unfocused. He was barely half-remembered. When Xavier noticed him, the man turned and began to walk away from the bloody scene. Anger and frustration welled up inside of him. He wanted to yell the words 'why did you leave?' but he couldn't find the strength. Instead, he watched him fade away into the distance.

Xavier awoke from the horrific dream with start, hearing brief screams of pain just outside his cell in the Plastech facility. He was uncomfortably shackled to the ground and there was a cord attached to the socket at the base of his neck in the event that the guards felt like screwing around. As his eyes focused on what was going on outside the cell, he quickly realized the two men stationed outside the cell were unconscious on the floor. A small group was infiltrating the area.

"What do you mean the alarm was raised? That was a clean takedown, there's no way those guards got a signal out," one of the brawlers said over his comm link. "Well let me know when the lab has been infiltrated. We need to get out of here ASAP."

"Your hackers need to double check for security measures," Xavier managed to say to him, despite his significant loss of strength in the time he's been locked up. The brawler furrowed his brow when he heard him as he walked closer to the cell. Nearly everyone he had encountered that was in one of cells was incapable of speaking coherently or had some other severe handicap. They had all been heavily experimented on. "The consciousness of these guards is somehow melded with the mainframe. When they're knocked out or killed, they know immediately. Alarms are raised and securities on devices are strengthened."

"You know, you could've used that info as leverage to get me to get you out of that cell," the brawler said with a chuckle.

"I'm fated to die here."

"That's no fun," the brawler replied, his eyes examining the cord attached to the base of his neck. "They using that to torture you? You're not a lab rat; you're a prisoner. You were part of the raid last week?" Xavier nodded. "I'm sorry about your squad. Listen, you seem to know your way around here. I can get you out, but you need to look alive. The team is not going to be happy if I bring them a dead beat."

"I just need a good hit from my augment and I'll be good as new. But you should know that everybody around me dies. Everyone."

"That's okay. Nobody here believes in voodoo. That augment of yours looks really inconvenient, by the way. What were you thinking?" the brawler asked as he forcibly unlocked the cell door.

"It's a long story."

• Name: Wraith
    Birth Name: Florent Bonsrah

Hometown: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
    Class: Hacker
    Primary Augment: N/A

Bio: Born into a rich family, much of his early life was easy going, despite the beginnings of the Resource Wars occurring when he was six years old. With his family's ties to Plastech Corporation, Wraith didn't learn much about the war until he moved to Paris to continue his education when he was eighteen. The riots on the streets inspired him to delve deeper into the conflict. The brutality and dirty tactics of the corporations led him to understand that their greed could change the world for the worst. As a result, he contacted his family to try and convince them of using their resources go against the corporations, but not only did they argue that a world without governments would be a better one, they revealed that their ties to Plastech were much tighter than they were letting on. His family renounced Wraith after revealing that he intended to fight against corporations in any way that he could.

Without his family's money, he decided that stealing from corporations would be the best way to pay for his tuition and begin his fight. The cockiness that came with his youth led him to take much more than was enough for his tuition. He gave much of the money away to anti-corp activists after throwing a few lavish parties, and no one suspected him due to his rich family. However, it wasn't long before he started getting people's attention. He received a message from a fellow hacker that called herself Trident, inviting him to join the European Intelligence Agency as an agent. He quickly accepted.

With the EIA, the stakes were higher and he was constantly put to the test, but he quickly rose through the ranks. He was a natural on the field and an excellent tactician. Wraith and Trident became close. Some would say too close, given their line of work.

Once the corporations were getting the upper hand, the leader of the EIA defected. Taking temporary leadership, Wraith led a mission to capture their former leader before he could divulge all of their secrets to the enemy. He executed the traitor himself. As the war came to its final years, it seemed increasingly less and less likely that the governments were going to win. Too many agents abandoned EIA for it to function as it used to, so Wraith and Trident founded Invisible Inc., unaffiliated with any government, to continue the fight. A year after its formation, Trident disappeared.

Name: Trident, Hariasa
    Birth Name: Elise Amsel
    Hometown: Hamburg, Germany
    Class: Engineer
    Primary Tech: An advanced AI drone by the name of Syn. Before leaving Invisible, it was a capable scout that always watched Trident's back. It could also rearrange itself into several tools and weapons to suit the situation. Trident had always been improving on Syn. Since her departure, the drone's current capabilities are unknown.

Bio: Trident had a fascination with technology ever since she was a girl. Nothing made her happier than getting her hands on the latest tech and figuring out how it worked. However, her less than privileged financial situation often got in the way. Her skills allowed her to have sizable income during her teenage years by replicating popular technology with cheaper material and selling it at a lower price. Sankaku Corporation saw potential and offered her a position on their drone program at the young age of eighteen. Though she vaguely understood the drones were to be used in war, she was politically inactive and put her own interests above all else. All she wanted was the money and to play with new tech.

In just two years, her skills and knowledge grew exponentially, rivaling many experts in the corporation that had dedicated their lives to the field. And she didn't even have a formal education. Unbeknownst to her, it became quickly apparent to Sankaku and its enemies that she was on the path to becoming one of the most influential engineers of their time, which made her a target. She was suddenly accompanied by security nearly at all times and was rushed to make deadlier drones. Guilt began to weigh down on her, especially as she learned more about the war, but she didn't know how to stop the cycle.

The EIA raided the facility she worked in urged her to work for them. They revealed the truth about Sankaku's involvement in the war and that they were the ones who launched the first strike. They showed her emails exchanged between the CEOs of the corp, referring to her as Trident—a weapon used in the war. Though the name was a visceral reminder of what she was used for during her time in Sankaku, she continued to use it when she joined the EIA just to spite them. She stopped making lethal weapons and instead provided tech that supported more efficient methods of completing missions and facilitated cyber warfare. She was quickly crowned with the highest corporate bounty, dead or alive. Her freedom in the agency allowed her to develop the AI Syn, in an attempt to create the most human-like AI, without a human's cognitive limitations.

After the fall of EIA, Trident teamed up with Wraith to establish Invisible Inc. in 2049, but due a combination of guilt and philosophical differences, she left without a word or trace. Unbeknownst to Wraith, she had been selling him equipment for years under the alias of Hariasa.​

Incognita: Incognita is the name of a super A.I. developed by Wraith, meant to be the ultimate hacking tool against the corps. It can hack into any system without being physically attached to it and learns from failed attempts by writing new programs to combat new security measures. It's high intelligence and capacity to learn quickly also makes it a great operator. However, in its low-power state, its abilities are severely limited. As long as it relies on being wired to the escape jet, it will only have approximately a month left to live. It has its current lifespan on countdown for everybody in the jet to see and will make an audio update every 24 hours. No pressure.

• Invisible Incorporated: Established in 2049 by Wraith and Trident, the agency launches highly coordinated attacks on corps when they least expect them in hopes of eventually creating an opening large enough for an all-out assault. The agency is currently led by Wraith.

The Resource Wars: Hostilities had been growing between governments and corporations long before it hit boiling point and blood began to be spilt. The first blow had been struck by Sankaku Corporation in 2025, shortly after the release of their Akuma Drone. With threats by U.S and many others, calling for Sankaku to cease production of the drones, the corporation was forced to make a decision. Though they publicly agreed to cease production of the drones, five drones were sent in secret to destroy a jet carrying several top U.S officials. The drone's destruction was so brutally thorough that it was impossible to prove Sankaku was responsible, so when the U.S retaliation came, the world saw the governments as the aggressors. In fact, it wasn't until the conflict was nearly resolved that the prolonged fighting was called the Resource Wars. The rest of the corps joined the fighting soon afterward, arguing that governments were attempting manipulate the global economy in their favor through aggression. By the time the majority of everyday people realized the truth it had been too late. The conflict officially ended in 2057, after the fall of the Canadian government.

Sankaku Corporation: Often referred to as the "Kingdom of Drones," Sankaku has been at the helm of drone development for ages and remains at the top. The lethal capabilities of their drones have put fear in the hearts of governments since their formation, leading to attempts to hinder or stop them completely. They now lord over the lands they've won during the war with their deadly drones patrolling the streets. It's territory is much of Europe and Japan.

Kelfried and Odin (K&O) Security: Before the wars, K&O were major suppliers to any military that could afford their advanced armor and weaponry. They're most known for their Mk armor suits, which allow the wearer to absorb a direct hit from an RPG blast. The suits are also equipped with scanners, greatly improving environmental awareness, along with methods of stimulating the user's adrenaline. Sankaku and K&O became allies shortly before the wars, establishing themselves as an unstoppable force. Their technologies combined made the vicious Akuma Drone possible. Their alliance holds strong to this day. It's territory is much of what was the U.S and Canada.

Plastech Corporation: Not much is known about the corp except that they focus on neuroscience. Even Wraith, whose parents worked for the corp, doesn't know anything more about them than his comrades do. Rumor has it that volunteers to be experimented on are never seen or heard from again. Some say the corp is privately funded by a much more powerful corp. It's territory is much of Africa and South America.

Last edited by a moderator:
oo a ghost be fun to make

Reactions: of Dirt
Name: Jackal
Birth Name: Murad Ozil
Years of Service: 2
Hometown: Sindh, Pakistan
Appearance: Small and lithe, Murad is a whippet of a man all of 67 centimeters and 137 pounds. He's made of wiry muscle that he hides under shapeless clothes. He has a sharp face with elegant bone structure, and deepset eyes of a startling hazel green.

Personality: Elusive just like his namesake, Murad tends to isolate himself. He's more than socially awkward - he is inept. People often try to pull him out of his little world but he selfishly keeps to his ways, preferring the safety of solitude. He is possessive and protective of anything he deems as his and has issues sharing. Murad does not make friends easily but the few he has have his complete loyalty. Despite his devotion, he remains suspicious always and never fully loses his guard against anyone.

Class: GHOST

Primary Augment: Chameleon Skin || Inserted behind left ear. ||

When activated, Murad obtains two extra layers of skin composed of latticed guanine nanocrystals and pigmented organelles. As the lattice of nanocrystals on the top layer are excited or relaxed, light can be manipulated do to the wavelengths being reflected or absorbed. The bottom layer disperses pigment and receives near-infrared light which allows it to thermoregulate.

Murad can shift his skin to various different colors, patterns, or tints. It can be effected by temperature, his mood, and his environment. When activated he also receives a rudimentary third eye on his forehead that is invisible to most but takes in information and feeds it to his brain. This aids the transformation of his skin. The longer he uses his Chameleon skin the more exhausted he grows and runs the risk of damaging his body. Murad needs at least a few hours in between usage.

Additional Augments: TBD

Weapons & Tech:
  • Neural Disruptor
  • Pistol
  • Assorted Blades
  • Handheld Laser
Bio: The streets of Sindh had always been torn by war. The people were numb to the horror of it and knew just how to get by. Murad took to the Resource Wars like a fish takes to water. When surrounded by terror and pain one of the quickest rising industries is always drugs. With Murad's natural abilities of stealth and speed he became a drug runner for one of the highest ranking gangs. It wasn't until he became hooked on one of the highly addictive synthetic drugs he was transporting that he decided to quit.

Murad struggled his way through rehab and into sobriety to find a world that was no longer at war. With no education or credible job history of any kind he had no future. That's when he was scouted by an agent of Invisible. Murad readily joined, seeing it as the chance of a lifetime to do something good.

IC Writing Sample:

One face blurred into another as Murad stood at the side of the street gazing with unseeing eyes at passerby. He was fighting the buzz of need that made his fingers tremble and knees lose strength. Two years off of RABBIT and he still felt the jitters of addiction. Surrounded by strangers he could feel nothing but the urge to run straight back to the safety of the drug.

A hand brushed against Murad's shoulders that were shrugged up to his ears efficiently dragging him out of his head. "You're losing yourself again."

Murad tensed then relaxed at the sound of his mentor's voice. Creeper had been the one to scout him and was now teaching him the ropes of Ghost work. They were both currently tailing a target of Invisible. Throughout the day they would map his movements, record his habits, and learn his secrets. Tomorrow Murad would be sneaking into their target's home to extract the blueprints for a weapon of mass destruction.

"I'm sorry." Murad apologized sincerely. He didn't want to let down this man who had laid down his honor to recruit a petty criminal like him. He'd say more but he knew the chances that he'd stick his foot in his mouth far outweighed his ability to truly enunciate his gratitude. Instead he focused on the mission.

Together Creeper and Jackal melted into the shadows as they trailed behind the man with a shiny bald head and pressed navy blue suit. Keeping their movements quick but steady, the duo were a soundless well oiled machine of stealth.

Last edited by a moderator:
@of Dirt I've been thinking of different augments to use (still can't pick one siiigh) but I wanted to run them by you first to check if they're alright.

• Chameleon Skin : (quite obvious) changes skin to fit into his surroundings. temperature and mood can also effect it
  • Acrobat : gives him enhanced flexibility and agility (think contortionism)
  • Leaping : ability to jump great lengths & heights from standing position and even greater with a running start

• Chameleon Skin : (quite obvious) changes skin to fit into his surroundings. temperature and mood can also effect it
  • Leaping : ability to jump great lengths & heights from standing position and even greater with a running start
Any of those would work, they would just require an explanation as to how or why they work.

@of Dirt I've been thinking of different augments to use (still can't pick one siiigh) but I wanted to run them by you first to check if they're alright.

Chameleon skin would be really fun and you could get all science-y about chromatophors!

• Useful
Reactions: mingummy
I'll be posting either tonight or tomorrow, sorry for the delay!

• Thank You
Reactions: of Dirt
Chameleon skin would be really fun and you could get all science-y about chromatophors!
Ya think so? I didn't know if it'd be too "weak" or whatever. Thank you for the input! ( ´͈ ॢꇴ `͈)੭ु

I'll try and finish my chara tonight btw! I might not be able to though because I am exhausted after work today. (。•́︿•̀。) But I will definitely have him done by tomorrow.

Ya think so? I didn't know if it'd be too "weak" or whatever. Thank you for the input! ( ´͈ ॢꇴ `͈)੭ु
I think it could be a pretty valuable thing for a ghost c:

I think it could be a pretty valuable thing for a ghost c:
Great! That's what I thought too. I was just worried about redundancy (since all ghosts are good at hiding/staying out of sight). Thank you again~

• Love
Reactions: mingummy
He looks good. I would just find a way to make it so he can't be camouflaged all the time, since that's pretty powerful. I'm also wondering how his handheld laser works. Is he a jedi? =p
Thanks! Oh yeah I forgot to put that, will do. Hahaha no I meant like a pocket sized one for when he's stealing stuff. (to open sealed entrances and the like)

Midnighter, once you're IC you're free to choose which part of the split-up group you'll be working with.

@Kazuaki Yoshioka We can't accept you into the RP. PM me if you want the details regarding that decision.

Reactions: neptune
Status
Not open for further replies.