6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Sci-fi Futuristic, Cyberpunk, Victorian, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, time period fantasies, semi-realism, slice of life, organization/agencies, gangs, dystopian, dark, comedy, medieval fantasy
[bg=#0a0a0a]
orbEsFk.png

#7f7f7f #SUPERNATURAL #SUPER POWERS #FUTURISTIC #AGENCY #ORGANIZATION #SLICE OF...ACTION?
Premise: Superpowered and Supernatural peoples are forced to join
a secret organization as agents in order to fight and maintain the natural
order on Earth. They exterminate, rehabilitate, or contain any supernatural
entities that threaten the peace among the ignorant common populace.
Links: IC || DISCORD || INFO DUMP || APPS || CHARACTER INDEX || BESTIARY || MISSIONS BOARD

IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS THREAD, IT'S JUST A SHINY NEW REVISED VERSION OF THE OLD INFO THREAD.
Don't fret! Everything that had joined prior are still in. Most of the info is staying relatively the same, but much more detailed. Info and links will be updated regularly. PLEASE DO NOT POST. Thank you.

[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
CUGokh8.png

WELCOME TO INVICTUS
Super powers, magical beasts and supernatural occurrences have all been pushed back into the realm of fiction and fairytale since the rise of technology and faith in logical explanations. But that doesn't necessarily mean that science proves that these things don't exist. In fact, that gentle chill you feel after walking into an empty room or that sudden fatigue feeling after passing someone along the sidewalk may not be as normal and scientifically sound as one would think. The supernatural is alive and well, living among us and hidden in plain sight. But why keep it a secret if it is so common? Well, let's think about it this way: Look at the humankind track record. Anything different from the social groups they create tends to not only be ostracized, but criticized and even worse. They become the pariah of the world. Now amplify that, say, times 200. Mass chaos right there. And this is why, good fellow, things such as INVICTUS exists hidden in the shadows, just waiting for something to happen.

Oho and something did happen, my soon-to-be-good friend!

Whatever you did, you caught the attention of the secret organization. They picked you up (possibly, most likely) knocked you out, and somehow implanted a contingency trigger inside you. You are met with (roughly) the same greeting as every other agent over the centuries. In a dark room, you find that moving is rather impossible at the moment. You are bound somehow. You might be slightly disoriented still. Who knows only but you. Regardless, you hear a voice. For some people, it was a male. Others, female. Either way, they leave you with a message very similar to this:

[roleplay=#7f7f7f]Welcome __________. You have been granted the opportunity of your lifetime, to join INVICTUS. My apologies for the semantics... You have no choice of decline in the matter. Starting tomorrow, you will become one of the many agents among our ranks. Oh?
Don't make that face. You work well for us, and we'll gladly take care of you and ALL of your needs.

Haha, well... I'll just give you the rundown. You lend us your power, and we will allot you freedoms you desire. That's it! Simple as that. Granted... your life--body, mind and soul are ours now, but that's just a minor detail. Tomorrow you will be given your badge and bag of necessities. Once the Higher Ups are sure of your compliance, we'll grant you a residence space. If you so happen to be non-compliant, well... we do have some VERY nice holding cells downstairs. But please, no need to be hostile.

Not yet, at least. Assessments and training will begin later this week. Congratulations, new recruit.[/roleplay]
They know your name. They know just about everything about you. Or what there is to know about you.
How? Where did they get this information? Well, INVICTUS operatives have their ways. Even if they seem like a big joke, you know deep down inside yourself that they aren't joking. They're serious when they say that you will join their ranks. Whether you like it or not. Whether you are compliant or not is up to you. But from this point on, you are now an official agent of INVICTUS. You will come to find that many will end up falling into their roles quite comfortably. There are certain amounts of freedom that INVICTUS allows their agents that society and the rest of the world just does not. Over time, you might come to thank the organization. Instead of a kidnapping, they might just have become your saving grace.

Anyways, welcome to INVICTUS.​
[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
orbEsFk.png

RULES & REGULATIONS
THESE WILL BE VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP IN MIND.

They are going to be sectioned off in terms of relevance for your convenience. Please hold while I finish revising the rules.

TOS - RESPECT - LIMITS
Follow Iwaku ToS I'm sure if you're on this site, you should know the rules. So abide by them, please. Thank you :D

Respect other players and their limits/restrictions. Even though this is in the redstar area, please keep in mind of other player's comfort levels, limitations and restrictions. I don't want anyone to get uncomfortable with the content and not feel like they could freely roleplay here. So if you have anything you would NOT like to see, tell me immediately so I can make it known to the group.

Limit sex scenes and sexual content. With that being said, I would like to state right off the bat that even though I do expect a higher amount of mature content, I do not want to have sex scenes or overly explicit content in the IC. It's not a redstar for that very reason. If you would like to take your scenes to somewhere outside of this thread, just make sure all players involved are comfortable with it. I just don't want to read walls of text about how Betsy Booty banging Barry Bones.

COMMUNICATION - PARTICIPATION
Communication, communication, participation! Even if you can't post too frequently (if anybody knows this, I definitely do), at least stay in communication with me and/or your fellow players. I've got a discord chat going so you can use that to leave a message here and there. If you don't feel comfortable with discord, there's always a PM. But please, PLEASE keep in contact. This is a long term rp and it is a requirement!

POSTING - LIMITS - RESTRAINTS
No word count; minimum post length. I don't particularly like word counts, but I will say that the absolute bare minimum I would like to see in a post are two paragraphs. More is much appreciated, especially if you want others to reply to you with enough material to make a purposeful post. Decorative posts are not required, and to be honest, the simpler the coding, the better.

Posting time vs. real time. Even though I know some people will take a while to post, I will not let people be trapped in a situation with a character (or characters) more than a week. So if you haven't given me an excuse as to why you can't make a post within 1 week, I will let characters move on from a scene if they are locked into interaction. The other player may wait even longer if they want to, but keep in mind I do need to make sure that story and missions continue to progress. I can't afford too long of standstills. Please understand, this would be nothing against the players in question. I just need to maintain a constant post flow.

CHARACTERS - APPLYING - ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS
Anime and/or semi-realistic pictures. Anime style, drawn, illustrated, semi-realistic. All of those are fine, just no real life pictures or real life pictures that have been edited to make them look like drawn images. If you aren't sure about it, just go ahead and ask me whether it's fine or not.

No aliens pls. I'm pretty flexible for just about anything in this rp, however, one thing I'd like to refrain from, is having characters from outer space. Other dimensional planes could be flavored in ways where it's more magic. However, if you are literally making an alien from space, I'd politely decline.

No parasites, beings with infectious anythings or insatiable hungers. Overall, they are considered to be more harmful to INV instead of helpful, and I will refuse them every time without hesitation.

[ TEMPORARY ] No more vampires, werewolves, Agent transfers from other facilities. Due to an influx of these things, I am temporarily banning them until we get a little bit more diversity.

Multiple character approved! I am allowing players to have more characters, so long as they can keep up with them. Each character will have to have a character sheet and will have to be approved, so keep that in mind. Also, be sure to have AT LEAST two IC posts from your first character before making a second.
[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
ZwrlF3S.png

INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE

[fieldbox="BACKGROUND INFORMATION, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]
Records of secret guilds and organizations that have dealt with the mystical, mythical and supernatural has gone back as far as documentation has existed. Whether they be expressed as Grimm fairytales or Odes and legends, there has always been groups of people that were meant to keep order of the natural balance of things. Over the centuries, various groups came to learn about one another and for the first time in history, they united under one banner. Though different languages and cultures may call them different names, they all flew one banner. That banner, as you will see, is that of INVICTUS.

World War II proved to be a devastating event for normal humans and supernaturals alike, but it was after the bombing at Hiroshima that INVICTUS established a more bureaucratic approach and came forth to the US government. They became a secret ally and made claims to have already been allied with several other countries large and small. INVICTUS proved to be a commonplace even greater than the UNITED NATIONS or any other alliance prior and thereafter. The bonds with INVICTUS, after all, were on a supernatural level that extended beyond a country's borders. It was then, after WWII that INVICTUS set up their first couple facilities in the United States and began the repair over the lost indigenous supernatural communities as well as eliminated all potential supernatural threats that began to arise after the nuclear testing and attacks damaged part of the magical ley lines.

More damage was caused at Vietnam and Cambodia during the Vietnam War and the time of the Khmer Rouge respectively. Once the conflicts among men were died down, INVICTUS slipped in operatives to survey the land, only to find more occurrences and strange accounts of mutations several generations after end of the warfare. INVICTUS was forced to station another facility in Thailand to keep an eye on the dramatically increasing supernatural activity.

The current year is 2150. Several wars had passed, and several populations had reached their peak and began to decline. The world evolved and science and technology flourished. INVICTUS continues to hold strong, using the very supernatural beings in which they arrest and contain to fight for them in a seemingly endless war against threats to cause an imbalance within the world. With both technology and the supernatural to their disposal, the only thing that may stand in their way of revealing themselves as global superpower is the human race itself. But INVICTUS is perfectly fine remaining the the shadows, hidden in plain sight, fighting for order and peace.​
[/fieldbox]

MORE ABOUT INVICTUS
There have been many groups, orders and organizations preceding INVICTUS--all of which had similar goals: protect people and maintain order. Back even before the turn of the century people sought to protect what they knew against things that they didn't know. Monsters, spirits, beings unlike themselves were never fully understood from what they experienced within their own selves and within their own small nuclear communities. Because of this, what they did not know or understand became frightening and inconceivable. Humankind are quite a random variable; their reactions may not always be to predictable. However, one thing that has been a common trend over the centuries is that when they fear, they rise up. They create order to give something to relate to, to follow with a sense of security. And so ordinary men become leaders, or soldiers, or protectors or guardians.

As the years pass on by, the more archaic organizations become obsolete and in order to maintain some kind of remnant message, they connected and melded into one, creating INVICTUS. 'Unconquered' seemed fitting for an organization whose basis followed the ideal of maintaining the human race's authoritative hold over the known and unknown world. As arrogant as it may sound, INVICTUS was meant to show not only power, but benevolence, mercy, and charity. It was meant to be a beacon of peace on all frontiers.

Protecting, Containing, Rehabilitating, Exterminating are all major words in INVICTUS' vocabulary. Again, their primary job is to maintain peace. Because of this, the very idea of the organization itself seems to take on a gray morality. Do what must be done in order to protect the masses. If it means killing a being or group, then so be it. If it means choosing between saving one or another, then so be it. INVICTUS does what it must while understanding that not everything may pan out in with a bright ending.

As mentioned, INVICTUS is a global entity, and facilities can be found (not exactly found because they're secret) all over the world. Major facilities can be found in locations such as: Manchester, England; Germany; France; Spain; Poland; Moscow, Russia; Ukraine; China; Seoul, Korea; Tokyo, Japan; Thailand; Indonesia; Australia; Egypt; Saudi Arabia; Nigeria; Brazil; Argentina; Mexico; California (USA); Texas; New York (USA); Alaska (USA); Canada

From this list, there are many more smaller facility branches that focus on local areas that have more headily dense supernatural activity--whether it be because they are close to a ley line, or a potential place for a tear in the veil. It may also be possible that it may be an area where supernatural beings happened to migrate and settle. Whatever the case, all locations are open for characters to be from.
[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
DCh4lHS.png

This post is currently WIP

2ITSnsP.png

The current location of the INVICTUS story is at FACILITY 287, Texas, USA. Over the years, many agents have transferred in and out, but for one reason or another, they are now currently stationed within this facility. The facility itself is hidden deep underground in the middle of nowhere. The nearest city is San Antonio, but even then, it is rather far. Mind you, this is the years 2150 and a lot of towns that had once been had been abandoned long ago and now major cities have become megacities.​
FACILITY 287 LOCATIONS - GENERAL
5dwrpfN.png
xxDhYU7.png
JxKYn48.png
IJ2d58c.png
5aIvQHJ.png

[ 1 ] SURFACE LEVEL - For miles and miles every direction, you'll find nothing but desert plains. The hidden entrance to INV is literally in the middle of nowhere. Local rumors from unsuspecting and unknowing people say that "A cave appears at the most expecting times."
[ 2 ] UNDERGROUND - That cave that was mentioned, is actually a hidden entrance to the base. It comes out of the ground and is large enough for several large vehicles to enter and exit out of. Once underground, there are a series of cave paths and tunnels that lead to various areas, but all lead down to the Entrance or Main Landing.
[ 3 ] HANGAR/ENTRANCE - Normally the beginning of the grand tour of the facility starts at the Entrance. Here, you will see many agents directing others and arranging vehicles into the conjoining hangar. This is just one of several hangars, but it holds the vehicles used for quick dispatch.
[ 4 ] MAIN LANDING - Upon entering the facility, agents will be met by a long hall illuminated either by a blue, green, or red lighting. There are hundreds of doors leading to all sorts of places, many including offices and further down even interrogation rooms. The Main Landing is a great place to meet up with other agents before going out to adventure Centra City.
[5] CENTRA CITY - To make the facility feel less of a prison and more of an actual "home", the facility even has it's own small city. It takes about twenty minutes driving to go from one side of Centra City to the other. The city functions much like an actual city and even has it's own commerce. Agents can own shops and restaurants, and various other businesses, as well as enjoy them. There are food and drink locations,
recreational, and much more. If there's something that the city just doesn't have, you can go to the Special Orders shop located closer to the Main Landing entrance/exit to request importing.

PrqNdm6.png
h8zOsM6.png

[ 1A ] SIMULATION CONTROL ROOM -
[ 1B ] SIMULATION ROOM -

[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
DCh4lHS.png

IMAGE OF SOMETHING IMPORTANT HERE
lorem ipsum​
FACILITY 287 LOCATIONS - DEPARTMENT WORKPLACES

[ 1 ] LOCATION -
[ 2 ] LOCATION -
[ 3 ] LOCATION -
[ 4 ] LOCATION -
[5] LOCATION -

[ 1 ] LOCATION -
[ 1 ] LOCATION -

[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
DCh4lHS.png

lorem ipsum​
FACILITY 287 LOCATIONS - RESIDENCIES / LIVING

[ 1 ] LOCATION -
[ 2 ] LOCATION -
[ 3 ] LOCATION -
[ 4 ] LOCATION -
[5] LOCATION -

[ 1 ] LOCATION -
[ 1 ] LOCATION -

[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
DCh4lHS.png

lorem ipsum​
FACILITY 287 LOCATIONS - CENTRA CITY LIFE

[ 1 ] LOCATION -
[ 2 ] LOCATION -
[ 3 ] LOCATION -
[ 4 ] LOCATION -
[5] LOCATION -

[ 1 ] LOCATION -
[ 1 ] LOCATION -

[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
DCh4lHS.png

Within Invictus, there are many different departments that allows the organization to operate smoothly. Each department has their own specific sets of duties, however, it is not uncommon for them to overlap on occasion and/or have agents have applicable duties in more than one department. Departments generally have their own areas (or floors or buildings) in which they have their base of operations and access to any resource they may need. Each department is ran by an overseeing Supervisor, and any subdepartments may be headed by either the same Supervisor, a Co-Supervisor or an Assistant Supervisor. Agents of any rank (except for In Processing and New Recruits) may be sent into a department depending on their skills and services they may be able to provide. Below is a list of playable departments and their subdivisions.
[fieldbox="RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]
description will go here.

Science & Technology

Magic & Occult
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="MEDICAL, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]

Field Medics

Infirmary Staff
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]

Internal Affairs & Security

Corrections

Second Defensive Line (SDL)
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="COLLECTIONS, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]

Artifact Hunters

Special Persons Receivers "Recruiters"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="FIELDWORK, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]

First Dispatch Groups

General Work

Training

Investigations

Espionage & Infultration
[/fieldbox]
[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
DCh4lHS.png

More info about agent ranks will go here.

Ranks go as such:

[fieldbox="SUPERVISORS, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sit amet massa ac est feugiat tempor vitae commodo augue. Etiam condimentum venenatis sapien sed egestas. Fusce malesuada, felis sed luctus molestie, massa nisl ultricies mi, vel sollicitudin enim augue in orci. Morbi quis justo rhoncus, dictum mi id, finibus neque. Sed justo nunc, cursus sed efficitur sit amet, tincidunt ac tellus. Donec ut ipsum nec purus mollis interdum. Suspendisse risus urna, bibendum fringilla neque auctor, iaculis egestas velit. Proin tempor lectus et elit finibus, vel auctor orci convallis. Aliquam accumsan fermentum tortor quis cursus. In placerat dignissim libero. Fusce maximus ante egestas vulputate iaculis. Nam id orci quis odio vulputate elementum quis non neque. Morbi dictum fringilla dui, auctor mollis dolor mollis nec. Vivamus efficitur pulvinar orci, id dapibus erat maximus vitae. Suspendisse ac lorem eget lectus hendrerit sagittis. Integer feugiat, augue non consectetur porta, eros risus molestie tortor, id congue diam dui et sem.

Supervisor
Donec at dolor aliquet, vehicula ante varius, imperdiet sem. Ut consequat eleifend hendrerit. Nulla ultricies purus ac augue imperdiet, a convallis lacus suscipit. Nam sit amet vehicula elit. In dignissim interdum ante. Proin dictum tincidunt ultricies. Ut et ipsum ligula. Sed posuere nibh iaculis magna volutpat, ut finibus diam pellentesque.

Assistant Supervisor
Pellentesque at dolor lorem. Nullam pharetra viverra sem, in ultrices lacus tempor quis. Curabitur sit amet placerat justo, eu vulputate tortor. Donec eu dolor ac metus venenatis feugiat. Mauris vitae risus pretium, tincidunt sem a, dapibus felis. Vestibulum commodo odio turpis, nec elementum nisi ornare eu. Curabitur ultricies mattis scelerisque. Ut commodo ornare leo a volutpat. Nam ligula ligula, viverra vel diam a, lacinia eleifend quam. Mauris quis purus lectus.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="HANDLERS, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sit amet massa ac est feugiat tempor vitae commodo augue. Etiam condimentum venenatis sapien sed egestas. Fusce malesuada, felis sed luctus molestie, massa nisl ultricies mi, vel sollicitudin enim augue in orci. Morbi quis justo rhoncus, dictum mi id, finibus neque. Sed justo nunc, cursus sed efficitur sit amet, tincidunt ac tellus. Donec ut ipsum nec purus mollis interdum. Suspendisse risus urna, bibendum fringilla neque auctor, iaculis egestas velit. Proin tempor lectus et elit finibus, vel auctor orci convallis. Aliquam accumsan fermentum tortor quis cursus. In placerat dignissim libero. Fusce maximus ante egestas vulputate iaculis. Nam id orci quis odio vulputate elementum quis non neque. Morbi dictum fringilla dui, auctor mollis dolor mollis nec. Vivamus efficitur pulvinar orci, id dapibus erat maximus vitae. Suspendisse ac lorem eget lectus hendrerit sagittis. Integer feugiat, augue non consectetur porta, eros risus molestie tortor, id congue diam dui et sem.

Mission Handler
Donec at dolor aliquet, vehicula ante varius, imperdiet sem. Ut consequat eleifend hendrerit. Nulla ultricies purus ac augue imperdiet, a convallis lacus suscipit. Nam sit amet vehicula elit. In dignissim interdum ante. Proin dictum tincidunt ultricies. Ut et ipsum ligula. Sed posuere nibh iaculis magna volutpat, ut finibus diam pellentesque.

Agent Handler
Pellentesque at dolor lorem. Nullam pharetra viverra sem, in ultrices lacus tempor quis. Curabitur sit amet placerat justo, eu vulputate tortor. Donec eu dolor ac metus venenatis feugiat. Mauris vitae risus pretium, tincidunt sem a, dapibus felis. Vestibulum commodo odio turpis, nec elementum nisi ornare eu. Curabitur ultricies mattis scelerisque. Ut commodo ornare leo a volutpat. Nam ligula ligula, viverra vel diam a, lacinia eleifend quam. Mauris quis purus lectus.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="NORMAL RANKS, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]

Senior Agent

Junior Agent

Rookie Agent

New Recruit
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="NON-AGENT RANKS, #7f7f7f, solid, 10"]

In Processing
[/fieldbox]
[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
DCh4lHS.png

More info about clearance levels will go here.
[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
Wv9hBXG.png

Q: Are there other groups and organizations besides INVICTUS?
A: Why yes, of course. We are talking about a world, and despite INV being global, there is no way they are the one-and-only. There are some groups and organization that work in junction with INV, or have an alliance with them--such as the common one for anyone that's schooled in magic: The Mages Guild. Theere are also other groups and organizations that may be hostile to INV, or, simply don't realize or/nor care of their existence. One example, is the highly militarized science laboratory of REGEN Corp found in Michigan. If you want to add something to flavor the world, feel free to discuss it with me!

Q: So how do partners/pairs work?
A: As far as pairs, they're usually assigned per necessity to the missions at hand. Sometimes certain characters require handlers, and so would be assigned someone that could work with them the best. Ideally, I would match people up, but if you really really want to be paired with someone, you could request it. But keep in mind pairs and groups can change depending on missions.

Q: What do you envision the Vet to Newb ratio to ideally look like?
A: In terms of in character, I think there will be a large amount of veterans, an equally large amount of junior agents and then maybe a smaller amount of new recruits. They don't do mass recruiting, but rather, take whenever they see someone useful.

Q: Are all members of the organization taken/brought in at some point? Or could it be possible for someone to have been born/raised part of it as well? Like perhaps their parents were initially taken, then down the line a child was produced? And said child basically only knows Invictus in terms of a home?
A: It is possible for some characters to be born in INV. Considering that once you become an agent you never leave, it’s safe to assume some may have children. The children may only see INV as their home, but it is possible for agents to be outsourced to other locations if a mission requires it. So potentially, they could live off base if the mission at hand required it.

Q: What is the relationship like between agents and their children if they have em?
A: Their relationship depends on the individual. First of all, a couple must register through the INV registry department (it’s like a marriage certificate) in order to be permitted the capability to have children. From there, the parents are allowed a certain amount of time for maternity leave. Once that period is over, they must go back to their duties. However, they have the option to take on a lighter load to allow more time with their children if they do choose. In the case of if one or more parents die, the child remains in INV and is instead given a handler that doubles as their guardian. There may be special cases where this may differ, but again, it’s case by case.

Q: Are guardians considered "active duty" or is their active duty JUST guarding INV children?
A: Active duty. They’re agent handlers. They are to monitor the child, but they may also have other duties when called upon.

Q: Are languages basically the same? Are there any new ones/ones that are basically extinct now?
A: Languages are the same for the most part. If there's any new ones feel free to make it up.

[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
Wv9hBXG.png

FAQ continued.

[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
KSdeDTI.png

ZnN9HWA.png
[/bg]

Last edited:
[bg=#0a0a0a]
w9aHcgL.png

Here are some old updates from the old info thread. All future announcements will be done in here and will be recorded and linked on this post.

aOyZ8NN.png

ANNOUNCEMENT / UPDATE
[12/29/17] WHY HELLO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE! Dao Ma here to tell you all thank you for either being a part of or showing interest in INVICTUS. The rp is still holding strong even through the holidays. We've already made it through Christmas (but that won't keep Mr. Kris Kringle away!) and are heading into the New Year within the next couple days! I want to give a very special thank you to everyone that's remaining dedicated, even through the busy times. Though posting is somewhat slow, the pace is still strong, and it makes me optimistic for the future.

So with that out of the way, I would like to head into the other important stuff about this announcement.

[warning=#242424]SECOND WAVE OF APPLICATIONS START JANUARY 14
Thank you everyone that had put their name on the waiting list. I hope you guys are still interested, because I will be opening up the app thread for more character sheets on JANUARY 14th 2018. Feel free to grab the character sheet code and work on a character in the meantime. The discord is also open for you to use. Just remember, if you do start working on a character sheet early, do not change the coding in any way besides putting in your picture and information.

MULTIPLE CHARACTERS ARE A THING
As you may already know/have seen, once one of your characters are accepted, you will be open to make new characters at any time so long as you follow the rules on posting. So those on the waitlist, don't get discouraged.
No one new is getting higher priority than you.

POST SPEED/FREQUENCY REQUIREMENT WILL NOT CHANGE AFTER THE HOLIDAYS
I understand that even when it's not holiday season, life is busy. Just because the holiday season is over, that doesn't change the fact that I will keep the post minimum requirement the same. So remember that. Read the rules. Reread the rules.

PARTNERS WILL BE ASSIGNED AFTER SECOND WAVE OF APPS
Only a few have been preassigned partners for story reasons. Everyone else has yet to be formally assigned to their partner and will not be assigned to a partner until after the second wave of apps are accepted. If you would like to request a pairing, please let me know so I may adjust partnerships accordingly.[/warning]

Also, look here guys! I made an easier way to keep track of the roster and demographics.
INVICTUS ROSTER

And just in case you missed it, the INVICTUS CHRISTMAS POEM

aOyZ8NN.png

ANNOUNCEMENT / UPDATE
[1/30/18] Hello again, guys! First of all, I wanna thank those that have stuck with me so far and those who have joined in our wonderful group. I'm still accepting those last minute applicants, but if you're still interested you better throw me a PM to update me on your progress. I'm getting ready to close off new applicants soon! Aside from that, I think it's about time to start rewarding the folks that have stuck around through the slow pace. Below, you'll see a detailed list of what's going to be happening!

[warning=#242424]SECOND WAVE WILL BE ENDING ON FEBRUARY 4TH
Those of you that have been on the waitlist and are making characters, send me a PM telling me about your progress (or lack there of). I just want to know that you're alive and interested. If I don't hear back from you by the 4th, I will be taking your name off the list and you'll have to wait till next time to submit an app or... not... submit? Those of you that do get back to me, I'll make note of it and once you're finished with your apps, you can go ahead and post them as planned.[/warning]
#242424 PARTNERING AND PARTNER REQUESTS
Ahhh yes! Most of you do not have partners for your characters yet! They're definitely in the works, however I must wait to know if we are getting more new apps or not. So once I get the confirmation from the people from the waitlist, I will begin to work on mapping out partners. HOWEVER, if you have a request to partner up your character with someone else, please let me know! I'll definitely see what we can work out.

INDIVIDUAL STORY ARCS
One thing that I am going to be doing for INVICTUS is giving players individual story arcs that will centralize around their characters(s). More than one person can share the spotlight in a story arc, but the whole purpose of this is to give everyone at some point the spotlight they very much deserve. And so for now, I would like for all of you that have been accepted since the opening of the rp to start thinking about important points you may want to explore about your character. We can work out a direction through PMs/DMs, and when the time comes, you will have your very own arc.

MISSIONS INPUT
First round of missions are coming soon! I would like to wrap up the Simulation Room scene and the secret mecha spiders event by mid February so that we can get into missions. I have the first few in the works, however, I would LOVE to hear your guys' input and would like to see what you all can come up with! Here's some guidelines in making your own mission. Mission information should include (PM/DM this to me btw):
• Mission Title
• Difficulty rating between 0 - 5 stars (0 being even the newest rookies can do it; 5 being of fuck we have a huge problem)
• A description (or synopsis) of what the mission is about. Drop hints, but don't go into too much detail to spoil the mission.
• Location of where the mission will take place.
• Requirements such as, how many agents can be involved, what kind of agents can be involved, and which departments.
• Secret information-- in other words, information that only the GM should know about the mission. i.e. the plot,
the pain points, the end results and the details to help lead the agents to that conclusion.​

THREAD APPEARANCE AND INFO UPDATE WILL BEGIN SOON
It's getting close to that point in time where information in the thread needs to be updated. So I will be doing an overhaul update including new graphics and new coding. Don't worry. I'll keep it relatively mobile and site color scheme safe. You may see new links though, including to areas such as:
• INV Arts & Crafts -- dedicated to drawings, arts and crafts relating to INV
• Story Snippets / Oneshots -- for those of you that want to write a scene or story that isn't meant to be replied to
• Bestiary - a collaborative compendium for known beasts, mythological creatures and races.
• Missions Board - the place where all mission information will be located
• If you want, you can request something to add!​

Again, I want to thank everyone for sticking around. I hope that we can start working out some really good content in the months to come. Hang in there, even in the slow dry periods of the rp. I hope it'll be worth your while! Have a good one, guys.

RECENT UPDATES
[/bg]

[bg=#0a0a0a]
Reserved space
[/bg]

[bg=#0a0a0a]
orbEsFk.png

ANNOUNCEMENT
[03/14/2018] A little bit delayed, but it's that time again! MONTHLY APP WAVE IS NOW OPEN UNTIL MARCH 24TH! If you are a new applicant, you may now post your app up to be reviewed. The info dump thread is still undergoing maintenance, so if you have ANY questions about information that is not up there, feel free to ask me via PM or through discord. There are tons of people willing to help answer questions in discord as well! This announcement will also be posted in the info dump thread.
[/bg]

[bg=#0a0a0a]
orbEsFk.png

ANNOUNCEMENT
[03/31/2018] It is unfortunate that life has caught up with a lot of people at the moment. Whether it be good, life changing, family, sickness, work, school or lack of motivation, a lot of us are currently not able to give the proper focus to the rp. I am going to put INVICTUS on a 3 MONTH HIATUS. It isn't closing down for good. It's just going into a temporary pause so that we all can get ourselves back together. During that time, I will be working hard on finishing updates on the thread as well as detailing out many things so that the world of INV may become much more immersive. I would like to ask you guys to stick with me, and we'll reunite in a shiny new INVICTUS thread on JUNE 16th. If you decide to come back, I will very much appreciate it. If not, I enjoyed having you be with us for as long as you have and thank you for giving my rp a shot, despite it's crawl.

So what does this mean?
INVICTUS will be closed off to posting, applications, and otherwise all rp activity until JUNE 16th. Don't worry. The discord will still be available so that you can stay in touch. Don't worry about being active there. It's not a requirement. If you would like to make group counversations on Iwaku as well, feel absolutely free. I'd love to keep in touch.

What will Dao be doing?
Cleaning up threads and writing out more info. I'm actually going to work on all the information I've been accumulating in my head and throw it in the threads. However, I'll most likely be making a lot of things from scratch again. I've been finding kinks and holes in certain aspects that I want to detail out. Hopefully the tidbits of information may help diversify and immerse your experience in the future.

I applied/wanted to apply to INV before it closed. Will I still be able to?
Most definitely. On JUNE 16th, I'll open the rp back up for applications. If you applied and I hadn't responded to you yet, I will give my response then. If you want to change/refine your character until then, go ahead. I'll be eager to see what you bring in.

If I come back, do I have to bring in the same characters?
No you don't. If you want to scrap them all and make new ones, that's perfectly fine. If you want to refine your character and edit them a bit, go ahead. If you want to keep them the same, you can do that too. It's up to you and what you feel like playing at that time.

Got a question that's not answered? Ask away!
Shoot me a PM either privately on iwaku or on discord if you've got any questions you want answered. I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

I hope to see you guys again in three months. Really, I appreciate everyone that's stuck around for so long. It's been a pleasure despite the limited activity. I hope that in the future, I'll be able to bring memorable rp moments.

@artisticalTay, @Candi Cosmo, @CommradeBadger, @Dante, @Eryian, @Friend Maou, @FrostedCaramel, @Jakers, @Kurogane86, @Mars Walker, @rissa, @Shayla, @ShiroKiyoshi, @Shizuochan, @Sinopa, @SoulwroughtOfTerra, @Tarieles, @The Red Sage, @The Wanderer, @U.N. 0W3N, @Vio
[/bg]