INVICTUS || .ic [CLOSED]

Otto Kraus

When Otto had been called down to the mission briefing, he had taken a little bit to get there. Mainly because he wanted to make sure that the pilot uniform was in an almost perfect condition. He wanted to appear decent at the meeting.

After double checking his uniform for any sort of damage, he made his way to the location where the mission briefing was being held. Upon entering and taking a seat, he recognized most of the other agents there, while the others were new faces to Otto. Which was a big strange, but then again. The facility was massive, and most likely that these other agents were sent on missions all the time. Thus probably explaining away why Otto had never seen them.

As Saku gave everyone their respective mission, Otto listened intently when she began to brief Otto and the others on their mission. It seemed they were going to a museum and deal with a mummy. Wasn't there an American film based in a museum? Otto wondered if he could find it. But back to the matter at hand. He felt a bit weird being described as back up muscle, but then again. He hadn't yet received word on if he could take training to fly some of today's aircraft. So, back up would have to suffice.

When she finished. Otto couldn't help but raise his hand. "Frau Saku, I have to ask. But, if ze mummy is impervious to firearms. Vhat can ve use to incapacitate it so that ze team can identify vhat is causing it to reanimate and vander around vithout risk of harm to ze others?" It was genuine question, one that was born from a thought in his head. Afterall, he didn't want the others to get injured or worse. He hadn't known much about the others assigned to the team he was in, so he couldn't really know their strengths and weaknesses.

[fieldbox="LEO DE LUCA, #242424, solid, 10"]
On the metal door with a small frosted glass window were the words 'Conference Room 37-C' scrolled on it in elegant letters. This room was the one designated for Leo to distribute his missions. Inside, the room was massive. It could easily fit thirty people or so comfortably. There were several rows of desks and chairs, each desk having it's own tablet embedded on the surface in front of the seat. In the front of the room was a large screen and a podium in the center. Leaning against it with a cigarette between his lips was the one and only, Leo De Luca. He was still rather miffed at the Upper Management rep's attitude toward him, regardless of whether he actually deserved it or not. Maybe it was the gut feeling inside him that just told him that Cherryh was just a plain asshole.

Leo scrolled through various pages on his tablet as he waited for the agents to show up. He didn't seem to acknowledge them, and simply let the agents take their seats until time to start. After a while he took in a deep breath and let out a billow of smoke as he glanced down at his watch. It's showtime.

Putting his tablet down on the podium, Leo slowly moved to stand behind it. "Good afternoon, agents." He said, voice amplified by the podium's microphone. "If you all don't know by now, I'm Agent Leo De Luca, and I'll be handling your missions today." Emerald eyes scanned over the room, picking out some familiar faces as well as some he had never seen before. "If everyone could please place their hand on the tablet directly in front of you, it will open your specific mission. Unfortunately, missions handlers are a bit short lately, and I'm going to have to give three at one time." He waited and watched as the agents opened up the files presented to them and read over them.

"Group one will be led by Supervisor Melisent Nobili and consist of Sable Mereworth, Yeong-Min Park, and Vyla Gawell." He glanced down at his tablet to skim over his notes. Rainbow Bridge is one of the last remaining through truss bridges." Behind him on the screen, an image of the Rainbow Bridge appeared, then slowly melted into a blueprint-looking image. It started to rotate, showing the bridge from various angles. "Regardless of that, there has been trouble lately around the same time for the last few weeks. Cars have not been allowed to cross through, and authorities cannot find the cause." The bridge image stopped rotating and a red marker appeared on the middle of the bridge, showing where the cars would stop and no longer have access. "There are no accidents or incidences that would warrant such a thing. This may seem very unsuspecting, except for the last few reports from individuals who had claimed something about leprechauns. Of course authorities didn't believe them." He let out a huff and skimmed his finger over the text on his tablet. "Long story short, if it's a leprechaun, we will need this group to capture and relocate it to somewhere not as heavily populated. If it isn't a leprechaun, determine the source and as peacefully as possible, demand relocation or captivity."

"Group two will consist of Supervisor Yun Veraj, Martin Flynt, Yuka Matsui and... Huiyin Wu?" He raised a brow at the last one, knowing fully well that Bobby wasn't part of R&D at all. "A strange box was found by the Collections group from the smaller facility in New Mexico. Unable open it let alone identify it, they requested to bring it here for further examination." The images of the bridge had disappeared by now and was now replaced with the image of a square metal box with intricate carvings on every side. There didn't seem to be a keyhole anywhere on the box, nor hinges. "We were asked to to identify the box and if possible, open it." He paused and looked up. "This mission will be occurring here in our very own base. The box will be arriving in less than an hour at the Magic & Occult wing of R&D."

Glancing back at his tablet, Leo took a final drag of his cigarette before putting it out on the edge of the podium. "Last mission will consist of Agents John Blund, Jet Celeris, Rostam Veraj, Dragovich Vollrath and myself." A slight hesitant pause. "This is a level four mission, and so should not be taken lightly." A map appeared on the screen behind Leo. A marker glowed red over what looked to be a small town. "A couple days ago Invictus had sent out a group of four agents to check on some unusual supernatural activity around a small town. The entire mission itself should have only taken a few hours. Last message we received was this..." He pressed his finger against his tablet and an audio recording player popped up on the screen. The audio was slightly grainy, noting that this had been from commlinks the agents had used.

"Oh my god, is that a goblin with a knife?!
"Actually, that's more like a ton--"

The message was cut off by a horrible crackling noise, and then static. The audio cut and Leo shook his head. "I wish I could say this was a hoax, but security later discovered that the entire town was leveled shortly after receiving that message. We are sending out a search and destroy team to try and find the missing agents and eliminate the threat that had decimated the town."

Leo grimaced as he swiped his finger along his tablet again, turning off all the images. "If you've got any questions or concerns, say them now. We will be grouping and dispatching soon."

@The Red Sage @Tarieles @U.N. 0W3N @Jakers @FrostedCaramel @ShiroKiyoshi @Shizuochan @Candi Cosmo @CommradeBadger @Friend Maou
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=OOC Note]Anyone tagged in the missions can now respond. Same concept as with Saku, you don't have to respond directly to Leo. Thoughts, flashbacks, but questions and comments are also good.

And those who are tagged below, unfortunately these agents aren't on a mission, but don't worry though, You'll definitely have something to do. Make sure to check out the Missions Board thread for better laid out details later!
@The Wanderer (Yuri) @Candi Cosmo (Yakov) @Kurogane86 (Adam) @SoulwroughtOfTerra (Albert) @Tarieles (Atticus) @ShiroKiyoshi (Kris) and myself (White, Storm)
[/fieldbox]

ROLAND L E E CROWLEY
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
mister crowley

For the first time in a long time, Mister Crowley felt quite refreshed in the morning despite getting very little sleep. Hell, who'd sleep if this is the first time you were face to face with the love of your life in a year? Though, maybe crawling in their bed to pass out before they returned home wasn't a good idea? After all, the first thing the magician was met with was a strike to the face with a pillow. But, following that… the Englishman couldn't help but chuckle as he turned back to his sleeping partner. … he didn't want to admit how much he missed this view, but, damnit… he's too damn old to act like some heartless tough guy.

Wrapping an arm around the other's waist, Mister Crowley rolled back in, hoping to convince a certain someone that Venn was feeling "under the weather" to attend to whatever duties he had today. Or, would it be easier to have Venn "volunteer himself" to show him around? … he'd probably get another wallop from the pillow, but he's willing to make that sacrifice.

The prospect of playing catch up after all this time flooded his scruffy head, but, sadly, that's not how things worked for an organization with an ambiguous morales. With the alert notice on his phone sounding out (followed by Venn's), all hope was dashed. He wasn't even given the luxury of the 72-hour grace period to adjust to his new schedule and facility.

He'd have to have a proper recharge another time.

With a travel mug of English Breakfast Tea in tow, he couldn't help but wonder the circumstances of pulling a new transferred agent into a mission so quickly? Mister Crowley couldn't help but cast his mercurial gaze up and pray to whatever deity is watching him that he wouldn't end up at another museum again. … that was nearly 8 months of his life taken away all because of some occult fanatics and their interests in a second-rate copy of the Book of the Dead. Damn amateurs.

All the while, he couldn't help but grin from ear to ear due to the look on Venn's face now. His free arm was hooked around the other's waist as the two strolled to the conference room (wherever that was). That was one of the charming things about the medium: that lovely scowl of his. "My my… feels loike we're walkin' daahhhn memory lane. Do ya fale the same way, Luv?"

There was one thing Mister Crowley wasn't able to get away with Venn. Beneath the high collar jacket lies a simple, long-sleeved v-neck that revealed far too much into the magician's and witch doctors time last time. Mister Crowley would like to think that it'd had to do with the fact that his new coworkers would be envious, but the truth was far from the magician's reality. At the very least, he kept things "modest" for the day. The medium was already simmering away by the time the two arrived in the conference room. Mister Crowley was seperated and forced to sit a few seats away from Venn (thanks to the medium's "insistence"). And, soon, with a pout, the meeting began.

… as things wrapped up, Mister Crowley would've done anything to be back in a museum. But, that wasn't going to happen. The very thought that his first mission transferring here was: 1) forced the magician to play "monster hunter" and 2) … he was going on a farm. The smell will never come out. As for the rest of the people he was assigned to, he could only recall one name. Did that mean the rest are new agents? … great. Well, at least it means that things would go according to him. That's a plus. As the questions started to roll from the group, Mister Crowley waited until it was a proper time to speak up.

"Two questions, Dear. Whaen we confirm if it's a Basilisco Chilote or similar variants, do we 'ave ter go through the bloody red tape or 're we granted permission ter take any an' aw steps ter eliminate it an' the chicken layin' it? An', two, will dare be any gear provided ter protect against diseases?"

And, if not, do Oi 'ave ter bloody make dem?

The rest of the questions he had regarding this mission should be included in the official copies of their reports… or so he liked to believe.
location ● conference room ▏ status ● already in pout mode ▏ theme ● X

⚖ . SIBYLLA ANASTACIA
Department of R&D: M&O
Junior

It was as simple as letting go.

Standing in a hallway lined with conference room doors, just a little to one side so as to not block the entirety, a fair haired young woman stood, looking quite nervous. Or perhaps the better term was troubled? Yes, troubled would be a much better word. From the small sounds of her Mary-Jane style shoes as she shifted from one foot to the other, to the way she was furrowing and un-furrowing her brow, one could surmise that she was in deep contemplation over something. Further observation would be further information, the darker grey-blues that colored her eyes directed upon something right in front of her - in her hands in fact. Yes, held there was indeed the object of her attention, though it was not a simple collection a papers or a tablet. It was not some strange item she had just come across on her way to wherever, nor was it a container of candy that she had just then realized was empty. Instead what was held in her hands was another pair of hands - notably quite a bit larger than her own, and connected to a notably larger person than herself.

It had been somewhere near twenty-four hours since Sibylla had arrived at the Texas branch. Alongside Dragovich, the two of them had spent much of their remaining hours of the first day acquainting themselves with their new surroundings, as well as the new departments they were to be a part of. Sibylla had thought that their situation would warrant some form of slower easing into things. Sibylla was soon after proven that completely otherwise was in the cards. The next morning she received a message to report in for a mission. After conferring with Dragovich, it came to be shown that not only were they both being sent on missions, but they were to be on separate teams entirely. While not an entirely uncommon scenario, the suddenness of it was somewhat shocking. Was the facility in such needs of active agents in the field, or was this something orchestrated elsewise? Either avenue would have been quite a feast of possibility conjuration, but there was not much time for that at all. Instead Sibylla readied herself and left for the designated room alongside Dragovich.

But where she had planned on giving encouraging and comforting comments before parting was where Sibylla found herself stuck.

Eyes remaining locked on the hands that she held, gently squeezing them every few seconds, Sibylla attempted to pull herself out of the stall by simply speaking more. "S-So, yes! I am sure that this is some form of local way for new individuals to become better acquainted with other members!" She lifted her gaze from his hands in hers to instead meet his own, a smile spreading across her lips. "I think it will be a nice experience to say the least. Once our missions are over, perhaps we can compare observations of the other members of our teams?" A simple enough proposal in and of itself. This would certainly be a good gateway into bidding one another leave for their respective conferences. But it hadn't been. Sibylla's mind was not yet appeased, it would seem, and when her mind was not at rest, it instead preferred to kick itself into hyper drive. The gateway to leave instead turned into an open flood gate.

"Such a tactic of dividing the forces in order to collect more information about unknowns has been proven on multiple occasions to be quite an effective intelligence gathering device. One such an occurrence was what roughly 85% of historians believe was the key to the success of the Tibetan people winning the Battle of Haibei in 2042, where the long missing Gedhun Choekyi Nyima lead a group of rebels to dislodge the political presence of the People's Republic of China. While vastly out-manned and beat on military firepower, the successor of the Dalai Lama supplemented their lack of such with a surplus of information on the enemy, which he then used against them in one fell and calculated spearhead assault on a major supply depot. This sparked the following events of the Reclamation of Tibet, and then the eventual release of Tibet from China's occupation, thus allowing them to form into a truly independent and mostly stable country by 2050. Interestingly enough, I was able to find a few volumes within the Manchester resources library that detailed how Gedhun Choekyi Nyima had, in fact, been taken into protective custody as a child by China's INVICTUS branch for showing signs of high supernatural potential. This would account for his sudden disappearance in 1995 at the age of six. I also theorize that this phenomena may have also been some form of influence as to the reasoning that lead to his being chosen as the next successor by-"

Sibylla quickly pulled his hands up to her face, pressing his knuckles against her mouth to interrupt her deluge. After years and years of this habit, she had come to find that physically blocking herself from speaking more was the most effective method to controlling these outbursts. Only after taking a breath to calm herself did she speak up once more. "S-Sorry. Here I am, attempting to calm any nerves without a clear grasp on my own." She smiled sheepishly against his fingers, cheeks alight with rosy embarrassment, before giving them a quick kiss. "I have eaten up enough time with my silly nonsense. We shall be done with these missions soon enough!" Another kiss - this time to the opposite hand. "I shall even make dessert. Does that sound good?" Sibylla barely waited for an answer before kissing both his hands at once, then parting them to either side so as to allow her closer. Once there, she pushed herself up onto the tips of her feet for yet another, more intimate kiss, where she lingered for a few seconds before flowing into a hug. "I love you, Dragovich. Be safe."

=============================================

Opening the door and slipping in as quietly as she could, Sibylla couldn't help but cringe slightly and bite her bottom lip. Already so many other agents were there, sitting in their seats at their tables or standing about the edges of the room. Not exactly late, but cutting it much too close for comfort. Not the best way to start one's first mission at a new branch. Pulling into herself, as if trying to make herself small while still striding long and quick, she made her way over to an open seat at one end. Lo and behold, as she sat she took note that the person beside her held a familiar face. The sight of Crowley brought a small smile back to her face, giving a small wave of greeting towards the older mage. He looked a bit more chipper than he had in recent times. Perhaps he had garnered more luck than Dragovich and herself? Another quick scan of the room brought about just the form she was looking for, and to it she could feel a gentle warmth rise in her chest. As the briefing started up, Sibylla then pointed past Crowley and down the way towards Venn and gave a firm pair of thumbs up in congratulations. She was more than happy for her friend.

As Mission Handler Saku began to explain the various tasks and deal them out to groups within the room, Sibylla made sure to pay attention to as much of it as possible. Though she wasn't on more than one for certain, she was not one to pass up the possible acquisition of new information. Little details like names of places and targets were quickly repeated under her breath to further solidify its place in her memory. She would have to find herself time after the mission to research some of these places in depth. And what in the world was a Mngwa? Its picture rang a bell, but not one loud enough to beckon further connections. That would have to be researched as well. Ah, but what was placed before her, the final mission given, was one that both gave Sibylla a sense of childish excitement and cool nervousness:

A mission at a museum - a four star affair.

Sibylla slowly clasped her hands together under the table, trying her best to keep from showing the small tremors that stirred them. This was easily the highest rated mission she had been on in her INVICTUS career. There had been instances during her time in Manchester that missions had evolved into something greater than anticipated, but such a rating from the get-go? The scholar took in a shaky breath, struggling to keep her mind from whirling to life with thoughts and possibilities. She was going to be their representative of the Magic & Occult sub-department. It was a duty that she would have to learn to bare along with her new rank of Junior Agent. It was imperative that she keep herself collected, and prove both to her new comrades and herself that she was not given the rank so frivolously. Besides, they had mentioned that Venn, another known face, would be there as well. That should work out well enough. No need to be such a bundle of nerves!

'But what if you just end up in the way?'

Before Sibylla's mind could continue to down spiral, her head lowering little by little as the thoughts began to mount, the sound of a voice pulled at the edges of her attention. Perhaps it was the familiarity with the cut of a German accent, giving her light sensations of affection. Sibylla perked up nigh instantly, her eyes locking onto the speaker across the room. Memory matched with the image of one Otto Kraus from the line-up for her mission. While it was very obviously not Dragovich, the transfer was made from the accent to the question that the man was asking. "What can we use to...?" She didn't have time to finish her parroting before she acted. As if suddenly possessed, Sibylla inhaled in realization, and before she knew it she was quickly rising from her seat to face Saku.

"I-I could answer this, Ms. Saku!" Sibylla then turned to face Otto, accompanied by a certain warm-but-exuberant smile. "Mr. Kraus, was it? There are quite a number of things that we could employ in place of conventional firearms. Depending on the nature of the possible artifact that is causing this case of reanimation, it may be as simple as enchanting what weapons we do wield against the creature in question." As the Londoner spoke her hand moved, flowing one way across in front of her before flowing to the other.

"Beyond the focus of optical eyes, beyond the horizon, exploring infinite vistas of light, into the vision beyond."

As words flowed her lips so did script from her fingertips, swirling together like frost on the wind before forming the visual of a bow. "For instance, I enchanted the short bow Canace with the intent of being able to pierce through harder armors. Perhaps to use such a weapon on the mummy, one could bypass its damage reduction and take out one of its knees, thus limiting its mobility and giving others a better advantage over it." Another flourish of her hand and the illusion was scattered to fade, Sibylla continuing on. "Though for the sake of the piece, perhaps using tactics to immobilize it by less destructive means would be more favorable for the curators of the museum. In that case, trapping methods would be most effective, though once more we may be brought to more magical options in light of the creature's strength."

The more that Sibylla spoke the more she felt the ebbing of the knot that had begun tightening in her stomach. In fact, she was feeling quite at home with herself. The buzz in her mind was a gentle one, urging her forward to finish what it was that she had started. "Though - if I would be allowed to give my recommendation for this mission - I would highly suggest methods to minimize or avoid confrontation with the creature all together!" Looking briefly to the table she stood at, she picked up the tablet that lay there, and after a few taps called up a holographic display of their mission's files. "What changes were there made to the museum's other displays around the time that the mummy stirred? Did the museum receive a new exhibit then? Is the pattern the mummy wanders in random, or does it have a method within the mindlessness? Does this give us clues as to the whereabouts of what it is that it seeks?" Now displaying more of a confident smirk, Sibylla raised a finger behind the matrix of information. "The more focused our aim the truer it shall be, and thus the quicker we reach our objective!"

The strike of her closing comment brought about a nigh euphoric relief - characteristic of the aftermath of an informational outpouring. Quick to follow it up, cutting through the veils just as speedily as they had been raised, was realization. She had not only possibly cut in on the Mission Handler answering, but she had also just thoroughly given a possibly completely unwelcome response. The stages of her realization, from cue to shock to horror, were written on her face for all to see. Sibylla screamed on the inside, while on the outside she covered her face and proceeded to shrink back into her seat, fair hair cascading as if attempting to help her hide her embarrassment. "I-I-I do not know if that was any help at all. I a-apologize if I st-stepped out of line."

@Dao Ma @FrostedCaramel @The Wanderer @Dante @U.N. 0W3N @Mars Walker @Eryian @Candi Cosmo @SoulwroughtOfTerra @Shayla @Friend Maou

Last edited by a moderator:
♚ . MELISENT NOBILI
Department of Defense
Supervisor

Held aloft upon a throne of shadow infused hands, one elbow upon a palm and her own hand acting as rest for her cheek, Melisent held a rather unamused look about her. Though her attention appeared to be upon Agent Leo De Luca as he stood behind his podium, at some points it appeared that she was looking right through him to something beyond. This was especially so after the mission she was to be on was announced. In fact, it practically became an epidemic, and more than likely a clear sign that she was attempting to tune out everything else that was being said.

Why did she have to go out on a mission?

Upon becoming a Supervisor for the Department of Defense, she had thought that those in even higher seats than her own had come to understand how her abilities were best used: in states of great emergency. Yes, it was extremely boring to not be able to bring out her bigger beasties as often as she did her lesser companions, but at least she knew that she was laying in wait for something more fitting of her efforts. But here she was, beng sent out into the field for what? Some possible leprechaun? And on a mission with a Rookie? Did she look like a babysitter?! Just the thought was making her blood simmer, in turn reflecting as the shadowy arms began to wriggle and writhe beneath her. Someone was getting a very strongly worded letter from her.

For the time being though, Melisent turned her attention from the man at the podium and instead floated over to the figure of Sable. Out of this whole ordeal, the best thing to come from it was the fact that she was going to be going out with the resident Demon of Hatred. How long had it been since the last time? Too long; the answer was too long. Then again, she much preferred tea dates and small talk about the latest happenings with his work. Flitting memories slowly pulled her pout into a smile of fondness, and in turn the Grasping Hands began to settle into their usual kelp-like movements once more. "Between the two of us it shouldn't take very long at all - two minutes at most."

With a light giggle, Melisent began to hum a little tune to herself as her vision wandered once more. Wasn't there another from her department going on a mission in this batch? Passing over many a familiar face Melisent eventually settled again on another figure - or more appropriately climbed to. It was hard to miss Dragovich Vollrath without trying to do so. He was tall, much taller than most individuals she had met whom still held a human-like form. Then again, even if he were to try and hide himself she was sure she could pull him out of a crowd. For someone whom was on file to be in his twenties, the imprint that the man left in the Wake was one that was many times over a lifetime. Then again, Human were the most influential in the realm just beyond dreams and nightmares. Perhaps his life's torment had been indeed a great one, and to that, Melisent couldn't help but smile.

The moment that Leo opened the floor for questions was the moment that Melisent moved from her seat. Quickly the Grasping Hands retreated back into the unnatural darkness of her shadow, the last ones remaining making sure to set their mistress down delicately next to Sable before slithering away. "We'll be getting to go out into the field together, Big Brother Sable. Isn't that wonderful?" Melisent beamed happily up at him before looking to her tablet and flicking through files. "So, do you think it's really a leprechaun? They are known to play these kinds of tricks on people, so it fits the bill in that way, but I don't remember there being a leprechaun colony in Texas. Oregon, yes, but not Texas. Not enough rain for their tastes."

@Dao Ma @Tarieles @U.N. 0W3N @Jakers @FrostedCaramel @ShiroKiyoshi @Shizuochan @Candi Cosmo @CommradeBadger @Friend Maou

[fieldbox="Saku | Fieldwork, White "]

With inhuman , Saku managed to pleasantly smile at the reanimated marionette as it asked her a question about the mummy and its perceived invulnerability to firearms. She shook her head, half hiding her own body as it shook at the unsettling sight of the mysteriously magic being in front of her. Saku was about to speak when a face she didn't quite know spoke up, the young women from Magic & Occult... 'Sibylla...?' she thought to herself as she began to state her own thoughts on the matter. She could feel the girls life force from where she stood even if it was one of the weaker feelings Saku was getting from the room full of Agents. She seemed worried, and the feeling that Saku was getting from her confirmed it. A shy young girl, far smaller than most in the room, and weak by the feel of it. Yet here she was, surrounded by fairy tale beings and monsters from wives tales, men with incredible magical power at their fingertips and women with seemingly unexplained abilities.

Yet there she stood, rambling her head off as she seemed to spiral deeper and deeper down the inner-mechanisms of her own mind, as if she was only figuring these things out as she spoke them to the room. It set Saku at ease. She leaned a bit back in her chair, ignored the mannequin in the room and smiled warmly to the young woman as she word vomited all over everyone present. Saku managed a small laugh once Sibylla seemed to gain back control over her own mind, the feeling of sudden anxiety that washed over Saku was something she was used to having worked around humans for so long and thanks to that it didn't bother her in the slightest, although she did feel a bit bad for the girl as she seemed to think she had been wrong in what she did.

"Sibyrra, don't worry, if everyone could put forth the ideas and questions that you just did, there wouldn't be a need for me to be here in the first place." she spoke as she stood from her seat and waved a hand at Sibylla as if to wave away the girls anxiety, "The Museum would in fact love for the Mummy to still be intact at the end of this, so avoidance or trapping it seem the preferable options..." she tilted her had back and forth, her ears tilting a bit farther than her head each time, "But as I said, I'd rather some destroyed priceless Mummy than a dead Agent if you can help it." she shrugged and got back to answering Sibylla, "As far as exhibits go," the screen behind her flicked back to life, a pamphlet from the museum clearly visible with two brightly colored bubbles surrounded by exclamation marks proclaiming the opening of two newly revamped exhibits, the Egyptian Exhibit, and the Ship Wrecks Exhibit, "Both have added quite a retinue of artifacts before their opening, and once they were opened well..." the mummy appeared back on the screen again, "He started walking around. As for patterns it appears completely random, nothing it does suggests any goal as far as Investigations could discern as the Mummy apparently visits every single exhibit in the Museum multiple times each night in no specific order. As far as we're concerned, it's just dumb muscle."

She turned, her robe sweeping out slightly with the sudden movement as she faced Mr. Crowley. She brought her left arm up across her chest and cupped the elbow of the other as she placed her right hand beneath her chin, he was a sight for sore eyes. It was a shame. "Basic precautions, breathing masks, gloves. The Basilisco Chilote isn't believed to be able to kill quickly, prolonged exposure is what gets people. If you wish to cast your own magics on your team... It is why you're placed there." she confirmed before spinning her right hand by her face toward Crowley, "The Basilisco isn't of any real importance as far as INVICTUS is concerned, if you think it's simply a safer option to eliminate the subject no one will stop you, it'll just be more paperwork when you return..." she trailed off for a moment, something about paperwork nipped at the back of her mind for some unknown reason. She sent the thought off and focused back on the room, "I hope that answers your questions, if there isn't anything else you're dismissed, otherwise I'll be here until the last person leaves to answer questions." she moved back to the chair next to the podium and took a seat, expectantly watching the room for anyone that had taken a bit more time to ask their questions.

@Dao Ma @The Red Sage @The Wanderer @Dante @U.N. 0W3N @Mars Walker @Eryian @Candi Cosmo @SoulwroughtOfTerra @Shayla @Friend Maou

[/fieldbox]

Credit to darkflames13 for template

Sable Mereworth
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⛥ ▬▬
Interacting: Leo (@Dao Ma) Melisent (@The Red Sage)
Mentioned: Vyla (@Jakers) Parker (@U.N. 0W3N) and the rest of the conference room residents

4e050b47720735dd23120c5f33596d7a.png

With the training over, Sable looked out over the new agents as Storm told them they failed. It may have been a failure, but he was quite proud of them. They were incredibly close to success, and had there been just a few more minutes, he was sure they could have pulled it off. Congratulating the group before they left, he too made a hasty retreat from the sim room. He wanted to document what he saw and experienced of his recruits before he was whisked away to another mission.

Entering his room, Sable first noticed something was... strange. It seemed oddly clean. Cleaner than he normally kept it, and he kept it as immaculate as inhumanly possible. It wasn't as if papers had been cleaned up or a messy bed had been made, no, it was as if dust had been lifted from various surfaces. With a small shake of his head, he disregarded the slight feeling of paranoia and sat down at his desk.

He wrote down various notes of the new agents, things that would be useful in later missions should he ever be in a team with them. He was particularly interested in the two women who were most helpful in the training, Seier and Vyla. Together, they were truly a force to be reckoned with. Potentially unstoppable if they could use each other correctly. Of course, he had to keep in mind that any powerful ally could also make a terrible enemy, and began to list potential weaknesses of the two. Line of sight limits, dampening artefacts; if all else fails, complete termination. He never liked to think that anyone would be a risk and would need to be killed, but he knew that there would be more lives at risk if he didn't shoulder that responsibility.

For the rest of the night, it was quiet for Sable. His lack of sleep did make him bored at times, but he usually found something to do in his down times. He read books, wandered the halls, chatted with other immortals and sleepless creatures. In the end, morning always came, and he was glad of it. Nights were often so lonely.

Some time after daybreak, he received a message to meet for a mission. Down time never lasted, and sometimes he liked that. He'd be awfully bored just sitting around. The risk of losing a team mate, however, was always a possibility and was a small nagging thing in his head. Getting dressed in a comfortable but practical outfit, Sable left his room with minimal paperwork to write down information he'd need. He was one of the few agents who preferred to keep things on paper, often to the distaste of his superiors, who told him it was a security risk. It wasn't as if he kept them in the open for all to see, he kept them away from prying eyes and never took them with him onto the actual site of the mission. He usually uploaded everything eventually and then burned everything anyway. He liked paper, enjoyed the feel and the smell of it; they wouldn't take that away from him too.

As he entered the conference room, he took a seat, taking a look at the rest of the agents in the room. He flicked through the files in front of him as Agent De Luca spoke, and a soft sigh exited his lips. He didn't like leprechauns. Much too mischievous, often very annoying. He almost wasn't paying attention when Melisent came over to him, but he turned and gave her a genuine smile.

"It is good to work together again." He told her, not bothered by the tendrils that followed and guided her. He was beyond used to them, and they were directly under her control, so he was never concerned by them. Another sigh escaped him.

"If it is leprechauns, I am not looking forward to them. Never was a big fan. If it's not, well, I am sure it is nothing we cannot handle." He started to write some notes down about the mission, before searching the room for his other team members. His eyes fell on Parker, who he wasn't very worried about. He knew from files that he had a pretty good track record. He then searched for Vyla, who he was most worried about. She was very new, and didn't have great mastery over her ability. It would be useful, but he would have to keep track of her. One misstep and it could easily be the end of her. The young girl had potential, potential he wanted to help her tap into. He could only hope this mission would be a good fit for her.

As Leo finished up his explanation of the missions, and asked people about questions, Sable nodded and looked at the male, with a small wave of his hand.

"Yes, quick question. If the creature, leprechaun or not, does not wish to be peacefully relocated and we cannot safely capture it, do we have the authority to stop it at whatever cost? I wouldn't want harm to come to it, but if we have no choice, is that option on the table?" He didn't particularly like killing things, but if push came to shove, he knew sometimes it was the best option.

[fieldbox="Dangerous Goblins?, #ee7600, solid, 10"]
After the fiasco with the spiders Rostam and Kris enjoyed a small time together in which they said nothing and stared off into space. It was perfect. Relaxation at its finest and what's more; he didn't have to clean anything up. Later on in the day some people asked if he could remove his seal on the M.O. halls and he waved his hand lazily in the air as he continued to laze in his chair. As the night started to wind down the facility almost had an air of emptiness, minus those still doing their routine tasks or those who took a liking to the night, Rostam made his way to the library to study.

He slipped out tons of books, in attempt to find just a single one, he skimmed them and placed them back on the shelf. He was confident in his ability to master the wind, now the next best thing was to study the flow and chaos of fire. At least that's what the voice in his head told him it was craving a little destruction. He gave in and his eyes flashed an infamous red as he sped through the pages of the book. Then, picking out a single verse, he was able to conjure a ball of fire in his hand that seemed to be enough to sate him because his eyes returned to their usual purple hue and he put out the fire.

"I should get some sleep, it's friggin' 1 A.M." Rostam sighed as he took the book with him, "Sentov tbiia erganizo." Wind in the library then suddenly picked up and carried the books back into the places they once were, but it was strange, they followed odd paths to land in their respective spots. Arriving in his room Rostam tossed the book and wrapped himself in the blanket so that he was a living burrito.

Rostam slept fine, but woke up horribly. He had absolutely forgotten his mother had cursed his bed sheets. The alarm blared in Rostam's ear as it always did, beckoning him to face the land of the living and abandon the field of dreams. However, he would not be commanded so easily and he slammed his hand down on the snooze button. This would buy him an extra twenty minutes (if he could sleep through the five minutes of it blaring). The mission was successful, but when the snooze button stopped ringing his sheets flew into the air, the panels to his room flipped open, letting rays of light seep into his room, and Rostam stared up at his hovering blanket.

"Te cunn ienv." Rostam commanded and the seal controlling the blanket deactivated. He watched it float down and lay gracefully across his face. "I really gotta figure out how to bypass that damn seal she put on it. I have no god damn idea which language she used though, her stupid silent spellcasting, I hate it so much. I hate all silent spellcasters, screw them." He pushed himself up and sat for a minute, contemplating whether to move or lie back down and eventually got his butt up and dressed. Standing outside his room door he looked around and then started for the cafeteria with last night's book in hand.

While, he sat with his bowl of cereal, reading his book his phone went off. There was a meeting later on, he rolled his eyes, locked his phone, and continued reading. Between practicing and reading, two hours flew by fast and Rostam hovered to the meeting room on a nimbus cloud, setting himself down in front of the door. He noticed his mom was summoned to the room as well and waved to her.

"Hey, mom." Rostam mentioned casually. She gave her usual nod of acknowledgement and focused her attention forward. Rostam followed her example and noticed Leo, one of the few mission handlers Rostam, had no real issue with. He seemed like one of those "let's get this over with" guys and Rostam appreciated it. He went through the missions pretty quickly and Rostam didn't know how to feel about his assignment. Sure, he was glad he got to beat up some pesks, but they're pesks for a reason. The little bastards always have some trick or trap ready and even if they power through that one they have numbers. Rostam then looked at his team, they were all pretty standard heavy hitters. So, a lot of numbers. He groaned, but he then raised his hand and called out.

"This is level four so I can summon the big guns like tornadoes and such right? Or do we have a civilian issue or something?" Rostam asked.

@Dao Ma
[/fieldbox]

Adam Kane AKA Akira.
In the simulator / his room / cafeteria

The simulation was paused when a mission briefing was called. Adam took a minute to calm himself enough to change forms. He walked over to the terminal and pulled up all of the information regarding the mission assignments. "Tsk!" he clicked his toungue in annoyance. "Skipped again. This is BS. I'm a better agent that half of these people on this list, i'd bet I could rip them.." Adam placed his hand on his head trying his best to real in his anger. By nature Adam is a laid back kind of guy, but when he changes he gets a rage in him that is hard to shake especially after a transformation. Adam figured it was enough training for the day after he heared the rumbling of his stomach. "I guess it's lunch time."

Adam was going to get dressed when he noticed his clothes got damaged in the simulation. "damnit." He placed them all in a duffel bag and took in deep breath. He stood there in his underwear and decided he had no choice. He transformed into his wolf form, and picked up the duffel bag with his mouth. He left the simulator and walked to his room where he had planned to take a shower and get dressed. Hopefully He wouldn't get yelled at for walking around in his wolf form smelling of sweaty dog. He made it to his room and quickly showered and got dressed.

Adam made his way to the cafeteria where he loaded up on food. Transforming takes a lot of calories and if he didn't want to pass out he had to consume a large amount of calories. He filled his tray and sat in the corner by the wall, he liked to use the wall as a back support while using the back of his chair to support his arm. He sat alone like always, thinking of nothing but consuming food, and the next mission. He was wondering when they were going to help him find his parents murderers. It had already been several years and the higher ups promised they would dig up leads.

[fieldbox="WHITE FOSTER - MEDIC SUPERVISOR, #242424, solid, 10"]
Just a few hours after Yuri had accepted White Foster's request for him to join Invictus, Yuri was shown to his temporary residence-- a single-person dorm room. She assured him that his things would be delivered as soon as possible, and just to give him some show of good faith, she had shown him that in one of the small armories (one of the many armories around the facility btw) that his equipment he had prior were kept safe and that he would have access to them soon enough. She allowed him to settle in, clearing him of the infirmary. She also gave him a small folder giving some details about the facility including a map, her contact information, just in case he had any further questions for that night.

The next morning, White had brought it upon herself to personally show Yuri around. Seeing as she was a much kinder face than probably some of the other agents he had encountered already at the infirmary, she didn't see it as much of an issue. Plus, that meant she was allowed to get away from her office and able to have a little fun.

She had met him at his dorm and began to show him around more formally. She had given him a key card to allow him access to the common areas of the facility-- public bathrooms, the cafeteria, access to the recreational and civilian-style area of Centra City. By the time her tour ended, it was around noontime and most of the other agents had gone to their mission briefings. "You have a little bit of a busy schedule today, Mister Zotov. Mainly, it is meeting people we would like to consider as a proper support group while you learn about your new abilities." She gave him a warm smile and glanced down at her phone as she sent out a message to two agents in particular.

<To: Yakov Iziaslav, Adam Kane
Message: Hello agents! Please meet me and one of our newest recruits at CHAE-se Lounge on 17th and S st Centra City ASAP. We'll be waiting. Oh, and drinks are on me this time. :)

White had led Yuri to the casual bar and lounge and offered him a seat at a four-chair table. "If you would like anything to drink, feel free to order. It's on me." She told him, pulling out her chair and then calmly taking a seat. She fixed her hair over her shoulder and placed folded hands on the edge of the table. "They should be on their way soon. How are you liking things here so far? I know it's a lot to take in..."
[/fieldbox]
@The Wanderer @Kurogane86 @Candi Cosmo

Yuri Zotov

Yuri was glad to hear his things were safe and sound, and when he was left alone in his room. He passed time by either sleeping, or reading through the folder that Dr. White had given him. He hadn't realized that this place was so big, yet so easily hidden. The very thought stupefying him. When morning came, he had changed into a simple hoodie and jeans. His old clothes were being repaired, he had been told after he asked someone about the subject.

He was surprised and slightly glad that Dr. White came by to give him a tour. At the news of a busy schedule, Yuri shrugged. "It is no problem. Very similar to home life." It was true, having a 'living off the land' lifestyle made sure that someone was kept busy everyday.

Being lead to a bar, he couldn't help but wonder what she meant when White mentioned a support group. "It is a bit strange, but I can manage." He was tempted to order a drink, but couldn't decide on which one. Part of him wanted an alcoholic beverage, but didn't want that stuff affecting him when he met this 'support group.'

@Kurogane86 @Candi Cosmo

Sorin Valas

"Aaagghhhhhhh!" the sound of a scream echoed through the simulation room. There was no simulation currently running but in the center of the room stood a lone man with a sword in his hands. He was breathing heavily as he held the blade aloft in front of him. "Alright one more time..." He said between his heavy breaths. Concentrating on his energy and link with the blade once more he began to try and channel the energy through the blade and out into the room. The air began to pick up and swirl around until it was a howling gale that filled the room. Sparks of electricity began to fly from the blade and it began to build and compound on itself until the rebound kick back into Sorin and the built up power flooded back into Sorin's body.

"Arrraaaaaggggghhhhhh!" Another scream of pain flooded the room as Sorin finally collapsed from the strain of taking on so much of the power from the spirit within the sword. Sorin lay with his back against the cold metal floor. This was part of his daily training in order to complete the bond between himself and Hyanoa, the spirit in the blade. Even still his consciousness began to fade from the strain of the rebound. The world seemed to fade in and out and noises were distorted as he tried to focus his senses so that he could remain awake.

Several minutes passes as Sorin's breathing began to slowly even out as the feeling began to come back to his body from the shock. With a forced heave Sorin sat himself up for a moment before he tried to pick himself up off the floor. It was a struggle but eventually he managed it. His body still was pretty unresponsive but he slowly began to regain his faculties. "Still not enough..." He muttered to himself as he snatched Eymperian Hyanoa from the floor where he had dropped it.

Calling it a day Sorin vacated the simulation room and started back to his room so that he could clean up and get ready for the rest of the day. The exhaustion took its toll on his trip back but eventually Sorin stumbled into his room. He was tired and wanted to sleep but he knew that wasn't the best idea and he would return to normal shortly. Removing his clothes he stepped into the shower.

A little while later Sorin re-clothed himself before he noticed that he had a notice on his communicator that was laying on his table. It would seem that he had a mission. With a sigh he looked around. He had planned to do some other things but it seemed that he didn't have much choice in this situation. His participation in the organization was mandatory so he resigned himself to the briefing.

The trip across the city took a good chunk of time but eventually he found himself seated one of the many desks that made up the conference room. Sorin didn't know any of the people that he shared the room with the exception of Saku. She was the one that first received him when he arrived in this branch. She was alright as far as supervisors went and they hadn't interacted much past their initial interaction and as far as he was concerned that was perfectly fine. He sort of payed attention to the briefing something about a basilisk snake. Nothing all that new to him. When he was still back at home he dealt with all sorts of creatures and spirits thanks to the permeation's into the Wake that put the likes of this thing to shame. The disease aspect might be a problem but if they didn't linger for long then it would be alright.

Adam Kane aka Akira
Cafeteria / Garage / CHAE-se Lounge
Interacting with @Dao Ma @The Wanderer

Adam had just finished his second helping of steak when his phone beeped. "Grrrrr" He growled annoyed that someone is disturbing his meal. He pulled out his phone from his standard issue suit and looked at the message. It was from White Foster the Medic Supervisor. Adam was on good terms with the Medic and her being a supervisor he decided to take the rest of his meal to go. He sent White a message letting her know he was on his way. He stuffed his pockets with food that had wrappers and scarfed down the remains of his tray. He took his empty tray and dishes to the rack the left the cafeteria.

Adam made his way to the garage, enjoying a few ding dongs and twinkies along the way. He grabbed his helmet and made his way to his assigned vehicle. A black sports bike built specifically for Adam's reckless driving style by the R and D department. He pushed the bike to the gate, flashed his badge to get passed the guards and made his way to the exit. He jumped on his bike and rode off twords the city.

Adam pushed the machine to its limit, he had no fear making sharp, dangerous turns. When asked why he rides so dangerously his only response is "why not? It's not like I'll die that easily." He made his way into the city when he decided to slow down enough so he doesn't negatively impact the citizens. He finally arrived at his destination, he parked the bike and hung his helmet on the handle.

Adam walked into to the lounge, he shot a nod to the bouncer, the waitresses and the bartender. He stopped by the bartender and asked for a drink to be delivered to the table where his companions waited. He made his way to the two, he stood at the tables edge looking at White then Yuri. "Afternoon. White" He nodded at her, then offered a hand to the new member. "Adam Kane, looking forward to working with you."

[bg=#000000][fieldbox="Bishop, #bfbfbf, solid, 4, Courier New"]Jasper casually glanced over the file set before him while the mission handler gave her briefing, reviewing what he knew about the supposed target. Basilico Chilote, a subterranean avian-serpentine creature that hatched from a chicken's egg and afflicted those living above its lair. The location in question - a livestock and poultry farm - certainly fit the profile, as did the symptoms of the victims. The agent made a mental note to acquire some incendiary rounds from the armory before setting out, then leaned back in his chair, steepling his fingers in thought. The possibility of disease was an obvious concern; although Jasper himself probably wouldn't die from any sort of pestilence, a supernatural infection could well prove to be highly unpleasant even for him, not to mention mortal personnel. He nodded slightly in approval when the magician Crowley brought up the topic, before shifting his attention back to the information on screen.

Curious, Jasper thought. Several of the faces that had flashed on the display - and were therefore present around the room - appeared entirely unfamiliar to him, suggesting either recent transfers or new recruits. Moreover, the facility was evidently short-staffed, having to task a single handler to conduct multiple briefings in succession. He briefly contemplated that information, then filed it away in a corner of his mind. After all, it was hardly relevant to the assignment at hand.[/fieldbox][/bg]

Reactions: Friend Maou
[fieldbox="Dragovich Vollrath, #99001C, solid, 10, Palatino Linotype"]

It would appear that the day was not going to be a good one for Dragovich Vollrath, but what else was new? The past few days had been a whirlwind of frustration and general inquietude. Hell, the last eleven years had been that way as far as he was concerned. Perhaps that was an exaggeration, but by all accounts life had not been kind to him thus far so perhaps it wasn't. There were of course, ups and downs to everything, such was the duplicitous edge that all life walked upon.

Dragovich was no exception to this rule, so it was only natural that he would occasionally break even when it came to that sort of thing. His stomach had managed to wind itself into a knot ever since he had been informed of his pending transfer away from the place he'd only just begun to consider his new home. When they'd told him he hadn't been sure if he wanted to hit someone or just curl up and stop existing. Fortunately he didn't have to go alone, and thus the balance shifted back toward equilibrium.

Drago still felt overwrought and rather nauseated but it could of been much worse had she not gone with him. The few hours had been confusing enough without having what little support he felt he had, and what he would ever allow from another human being. Running to and fro, learning new faces and names, figuring out where things were, new regulations, new living arrangements. It was all a blur and he was certain he wouldn't have been able to keep up without her help to keep him grounded. He'd come to trust very few people in his time but there was only one who'd managed to earn his friendship and his heart. She had become the silver lining to the life he now lead and her name was, Sibylla Anastacia.

With that in mind it was no surprise Drago was having trouble going off on his own for a mission that had come up soon after their arrival. To make matters worse he wasn't the only one going out into the field either. He was far more worried for her safety than his own, a habit he was struggling to put to bed. She could handle herself, Drago knew that but it didn't make him feel much better. So there they stood hand in hand, struggling to part for one reason or another.

Drago was an individual who seemed to go back and forth on displays of affection and what not. Sometimes he didn't care who was watching, other times it was quite the opposite. At the moment he was somewhere in the middle, a state of mind commonly known as hell. He wanted nothing more than to savor the time before they'd both be going off to deal with potentially life threatening scenarios. But he couldn't help but feel like everyone and everything was staring at them. It only made his insides hitch themselves into even tighter knots as they stood there, but at the same he was certain he'd feel even worse if they left too soon.

Dragovich did his best to ignore the nagging sensation of what felt like a thousand stares trying to burn a hole through him. He fluctuated between focusing on Sibylla's voice and telling himself there likely weren't anywhere near that many people in the hall , let alone that many interested in their affairs. The line of thought was cut across by Sibylla's words of encouragement. Drago listened tentatively, doing his best to shut out the surroundings. He was a man of few words so he kept most of his responses short or entirely based in body language.

At least when he communicated in the non verbal sense it would be obvious enough to those looking for it. Given his stature, he may as well be typing his feelings out in size forty-two impact font with the caps lock switched on. Drago gave something of nod at the prospect of the this being a way of getting them acquainted with the other agents. He didn't like it, but it seemed valid, stupid and annoying but valid. Drago couldn't help but feel an iota of indignation creep into his thoughts even still. He nodded again when it came to comparing notes but he couldn't help but toss in one of his sardonic little quips this time, "Doubt I'll turn up much."

He spoke slow and low, his voice barely above a whisper or perhaps growl was more accurate. Then came the rant, it was informative at the very least, and as far as Drago was concerned utterly adorable at most. The dour man cracked a small smile as Sibylla carried on with her line of thought, eventually silencing herself with his hands. He chuckled helplessly as Sibylla apologized. "S'alright. I enjoy listening to you speak." In all honesty Drago was legitimately a little calmer now than before, so there was definitely truth to what could easily have been petty flattery. "I'll help." he muttered somewhat absentmindedly after the kiss that followed.

But of course all good things had to come to an end, so with a hug and parting "I love you." Dragovich and Sibylla went their separate ways. Though in truth it was more like Drago stood there and looked on as his sole confidant went on her way. Dragovich did his best to maintain his stoic outward appearance whilst he reigned in his actually distressed state of mind. Call it silly separation anxiety, but it was a tad more difficult to embrace the unfamiliar environment on his own than he'd expected. Once again he felt as though everyone and everything was staring at him. Someone walked by and glanced at him for just a second or two too long and that was it.

Drago couldn't help but feel like he was under a microscope. Unconsciously one of his hands went to his face covering the grizzly facial scar that marred half of his identity. Suddenly hyper aware of the roll of gauze he'd stashed in a pocket specifically for this reason, he reached for the bandages and set about covering the scar. In hindsight it might have been an overreaction, he wasn't exactly a normal man what with his height and the massive sword he carried around. Then again this being the sort of organization it was , that sort of thing might have been fairly unsurprising, but he didn't care to rationalize the situation.

Once he had finished shielding his visage from view he made haste to where he needed to be. Showing up just in time it seemed he found himself a spot toward a wall to stand, it'd be easier to adjust if he didn't feel like eyes were boring into the back of his skull at least. Drago listened to the man in charge delegate mission assignments to everyone present. All the while Dragovich's eyes wandered from one person in the room to the next as he warily examined his fellow agents. Eventually his eyes met with that of a rather strange woman across the room. His gaze hardened into a glare and scowled as she seemed to smirk and look away to fraternize with one of the other individuals in the room. The hell was that about?

Dragovich felt even more irritated now, he was going to be on a rather dangerous mission with a bunch of people he likely didn't know from someone on the street. Lovely. At least he'd have the opportunity to vent his frustrations on whatever it was they were after. The thought produced a nagging query he deemed important enough to string together a few words for anyway, " Given the nature of our task...what manner of munitions are permissible?"

Seeing as how an entire town had been obliterated one would assume they'd want to approach this mission with extreme prejudice. Its not like there was anything left for them to worry about in the way of collateral. What could have managed that? It made Drago wonder what sort of individuals he was going to be tackling this mess with let alone what they were facing. It could be virtually anything at this point, and in a scenario where there's mass destruction and you haven't a clue what your target is it could messy. What was more is not knowing meant you had to try and cover your bases with the talent you assigned to the mission. Just what kind of hammers had they picked out for this particular nail.

Dragovich knew his own strengths and short comings but he hadn't a clue about the rest of the squad. He'd find out soon enough but part of him wished he'd of managed to get this sorted prior to now. With the same icy appraising stare he glossed over every individual in the room conjuring up all manner of idea as to what they'd bring to the table. Hopefully no one would take this as an open invitation to a friendly chat, he was really not in the mood.​
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator: