Into the Woods (Conner, Skye, Rose, and Hendrick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHeartlessNobody

The Light Fury
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Any. I have no favorites.
Journey Into the Woods With Us....

"I just want to know who I am and where I came from. Wouldn't you want to know?"
U0HiZGi.png

Name:
Rose Williamson

Parents:
Aurora(Briar Rose) and Phillip

Race:
Human

Pendent:
Because her pendant was in the shape of a rose, the couple that found her saw it and named her Rose, which was actually her real name in the first place.
vintage-rose-gold-pendant-necklace-2-120x144.jpg

Which Shadow Animal Came to You:
A small deer

Wish:
She wishes to find out who her real parents were.

Voice:

Theme Song:

Biography:
Rose was partially named after the name the fairies had given her mother. She was the last of them all to get kidnapped, leaving all the kingdoms in a tizzy. Hostis, like he had with all the other children, had left her abandoned in the forest of her kingdom and was found by a surprisingly kind couple. They took her in as their own, though they told her at a young age how they had found her. She grew up knowing this couple was not her parents and because of this, even though she loved the couple dearly, was always burning for the answer as to who her real parent were and what had happened to them. Rose grew up into a beautiful young lady, much like her mother, and her 'parents' got many offers to arrange her into marriages. But, because the young girl seemed so unwilling to marry, for the longest time, they refused all offers. Until she turned 18. When she turned 18 they sat her down and told her that they worried about her. She wouldn't be young forever and if she didn't get married soon and have a husband to take care of her, they worried no one would after they had passed. So, they explained to her that they had arranged for her to marry a higher class noble and would not hear any arguments about it. And she didn't say a word about it. She knew it wouldn't change anything. Words never did. But action would. And so, to avoid marrying a man she had never met, ran off, running away Into the Woods.

Other:
Growing up in a upper middle class home in the kingdom, Rose was raised to be reserved and quiet spoken, so sometimes it might seem like she just follows what anyone will tell her. She is also very gullible and doesn't have her eyes open to what the real world can be like. Needless to say, she probably has some waking up to do.

"It sucks, ya know? To have something wrong with you... To be a freak... To never fit in... To never belong..."
hottest-male-celebrities-alex-pettyfer-jpg.83718

Name:
Conner Fenix

Species:
Human (with abilities like Elsa)

Child Of:
Elsa

Your Shadow Creature:
Moose

Wish:
To be normal and to not be a freak that everyone stares at differently.

Voice:

Theme Song:

Pendant:
x354-q80-jpg.83719

Biography:
After Conner was dropped in the woods, it didn't take him long to come across a village in which he was soon stopped by an older man. This man had never been able to have kids of his own due to his wife dying at a young age and he never remarrying, but he decided to take in Conner as his own. They worked together selling plants that they grew themselves until the old man passed away. He left Conner everything, but Conner decided that now he had no one he would take off on his own and find out what had happened so long ago to his memory.

Other:
Conner's pendant helped him control his magic as best he can. His mother gave it to him when he was little and told him to always wear it and he's never taken it off.

tumblr_n6ielt3ji21qeo244o1_500-jpg.83792

Name:
Skye Mayson

Species:
Human

Child Of:
Snow White

Your Shadow Creature:
Bird

Wish:
To know her past and her parents.

Voice/Theme Song:

Pendant:
silver_bird_branch_necklace2-jpeg.83795

Biography:
After Skye was dropped into the woods she found a path into a small village where a young boy took interest in her. They played to themselves for awhile before he said he had to go home and she asked if she could go with him. He agreed and they went back to his house and his parents took her in. They were a very wealthy family and grew up happy. She worked in the gardens and learned to sew and play music for festivals. Once her and the boy turned seventeen he was entered into the army and a few months later a letter was delivered that he had passed alway in battle. She was distraught that she had lost her first friend and ran away into the woods where a birth brought her a black letter.

Other:
Growing up with enough money made Skye seem like she had everything she wanted, but she also grew up very sad and confused as to why and how she ended up where she was instead of where she was meant to me. She stays to herself, a sad look always on her face when she doesn't think anyone is looking, but tries to look happy while around others.

"Don't punish me for a crime I didn't commit. I'm not the same man my father was. I never will be. So don't put me on his level."

67116c0baa377acd5a7086aa03248a31.jpg

Name:
Hendrick Anderson

Parents:
Hans of the Southern Isles and a noble woman

Race:
Human

Pendant:
A sword charm that he keeps around his neck.
511-811-0572.jpg

Which Shadow Animal Came to You:
A horse, one of whom he doesn't exactly get along with.

Wish:
To make people stop judging him based on where he came from and who is father was.

Voice:

Theme Song:

Biography:
Hendrick is the youngest of MANY cousins. With all his older cousins in the lead to be ruler of the Southern Isles, he realized rather soon that he had no chance of becoming king and has come to terms with that. He had heard, even as a child, of his own father's mistakes and the horrible things he did in attempt to become king. In hearing these things, he had decided he would never become like that and instead focused on learning as much as he could about politics and war so that he could possibly one day be at least an adviser to his cousin that would take the throne.

Yet, that didn't stop people from looking down on him. He is the only child of his parents and so everyone, including his own cousins, would often belittle him and make him feel as if he too were a criminal, even though he had done nothing wrong. Still, he keeps pushing on and trying his best to better himself in attempt to make others see that he truly is different from his father.

Currently, now that he is older, he is attempting to rekindle the relationship between the Southern Isles and Arendelle, in hopes of fixing what his father did and making things peaceful between the two countries once again.

Other:
Unlike his father, he does have a good heart. Sometimes he's easily mislead and can have a few slip ups or let his anger get the better of him. But for the most part he does mean well.

Last edited:
THUMP! Was the continuous sound that Conner had been making all morning as he chopped a large pile of wood into a stack of firewood. After all, all he had to cook over was the fire place, so in order to make the fire he needed plenty of wood to do so. It wasn't like he needed the wood to stay warm anyway, with his ability to not grow cold. Or was it he didn't mind being cold? He wasn't really sure which way it was. As he moved to pick up a fresh log he saw from the corner of his eyes, a large animal right beside his home, as if waiting for him. He turned fully now to see it was a moose. Strange. Why would any animal be so close to his home? Curious to figure this out, he swung the ax and let it lodged into the chopping log.

He proceeded towards the creature with caution, thinking the moose would either just run away, or try to run at him with those long and broad antlers. He was hoping if either of those happened it would be the first option. As he got closer to it though, it was then that Conner noticed the black piece of paper in the moose's mouth. What was more was that the moose seemed to want to give the parchment to him, bending down and craning its neck toward him, as if holding it out for him to take. So with a gentle movement Conner took the parchment and began to read aloud and slowly:

You are one of twelve chosen few to receive this letter. You were chosen, because you wish for something with a great desire. So I shall grant you your wish. Into the Woods you must travel, to the Tree of Truth. There you will find me and if you follow my commands, you shall have your wish granted.

His powers. The things that had been bringing him down and that he had been fighting with for so long. If he went to this person that had sent this letter, would they really be able to rid him of this curse. Surely it was a curse? Perhaps someone a witch had put on him when he was young? He wasn't sure, but either way, he wanted them gone. Then maybe he would be able to figure out the other things about his past, the things before he came into this life he was currently in.

Often times, Conner felt a sense of not belonging where he was. As if he was a puzzle piece in a puzzle and nearly fit, and almost completed the picture anyways. He felt as though he belonged to a different puzzle. This feeling had only grown stronger over the years. If this person that sent this letter could help him then surely he must take whoever it was up on their offer. Decided then and there to go with the letter he stood up strong and proud, as if he knew the choice he was making was right.

"Listen moose. I have to finish these chores at the very least alright. And at least find someone to take care of the animals here before I do go. So if you can wait I'll go with you." He didn't expect an answer from the wolf and before pocketing the letter he looked at it only to find the letters had gone. This puzzled him some but he couldn't change his mind now. He had given the moose his word.

Here at his home, he had a healthy lot of animals that had once belonged to the old man that had found him. Of course after that man died, they belonged to him now. A milking cow, a brood of chickens, and then a flock of goats. There were more goats than chickens, but the chickens provided more for the family, and of course the cow was the most important. So he had to make sure everything was okay because if they weren't then he might now have anything to come back to after getting his powers released from him. He found a bucket and loaded it with feed and brought along the egg basket. After herding two of the hens back into the pen he threw down the feed before going into the coupe and gathering a basket full of eggs. Being responsible and wise enough, after he had dropped a basket of eggs trying to carry to many things at once, he placed the eggs on the kitchen table. He then went out to feed the goats which had never given him any trouble and even though the large moose was behind him they didn't frighten.

Finally he went over to Envera and gave her, her feed before sitting down with a bucket under her. He rubbed his hands together to warm them up as she hated cold hands and had come close to kicking him in the past. He touched her gently to make sure she was okay with. She mooed lightly and watched him with big brown eyes before going back to eat. Knowing she was okay with his hands he milked her and then brought the milk inside.

Before leaving the house he knew he would need a few things. He found this hatchet that had been given to him when he was 12 and gave it the once over. Decided it might need to be sharpened he grabbed the honing stone and slipped it into his pocket. He also found his knife so that he could skin and clean an animal if he caught one as well as a piece of flint for fires. He then went into the kitchen and took half a loaf of bread which was to be his lunch anyways along with some cheese and butter made by Envera. Satisfied he had most everything he went to the door and grabbed his bow and quiver that only had 5 arrows left in it.

The bow had been had made by him and the help of their closest neighbor who was about a thirty minute walk from his home.Conner had worked as a farm hand once for about a month and in return the man had guided him into making his own bow. Finally satisfied he opened the door and began to walk his way with the food he had collected from the animals just moments ago, to the neighbor thirty minutes from him. Once there, it took very little to convince the man and his wife to take care of his animals in his leave. If they went to feed them, they could keep whatever supplies came from the animals, whether it be to use or sell. He even gave them what he had collected from the animals that day as well.

Once he knew his farm would be taken care of, he began walking toward the woods, ready to rid himself of the trouble that was his powers.​

Rose quietly stood there within the home of Lord Talik, staying obediently and very still by her father and mother as they spoke to the old man and his son. Lord Talik was one of the richest men in the kingdom, as working as an adviser for the king and queen surely payed much through the year. Rose should have considered all of this to be an honor. After all, to be betrothed to the son of such a high class man was something any middle class girl like her would die for. But, Rose was anything but thrilled on the inside. On the outside, in the eye sight of her mother, father, supposed fiance and Lord Talik, she was as poised and graceful as ever, the beautiful girl giving soft smiles and looking about curiously at what was supposed to be her new home with her future husband.

But, on the inside, Rose was dying. She didn't wish to marry this man's son, no matter how handsome or rich he might be. She wanted to marry for love, something her parents thought was silly. Her parents had been betrothed by their own parents, and so they found the only right way for a marriage to work was to be set up by the parents. They spoke to the Lord for a long while on matters such as his plans for his son's employment to the king after his father retired, if they would take over this house or if they would move into a home of their own, the matters of dowry, and other things parents of such a lovely young woman would ask when marrying her off to a man their daughter barely even knew.

The wedding was to be in two days time, but they were having Rose stay here until that time, as they stated, to get accustomed to the household and the people within it. She had agreed once more to do something she didn't wish to do, solemnly going along with whatever orders her parents were giving her. The servants were quick to bring her things in and up into the guest bedroom, where she would be staying until the wedding night.

After the long conversation between her parents had ended, there was a quick goodbye said between she and her parents, she kissing their cheeks and hugs being exchanged between them, before they left, leaving her with her so called fiance and future father in law. Her fiance was bold to approach her and give her his best charming smile, kissing her hand and as he held it, began to lead her away from the front door of their large home, "Come my dear. Let us go dine and then you can get some rest. A delicate thing such as yourself must be exhausted from such a long trip."

Rose did her best to give a flattered smile, allowing herself to be mentally unwillingly taken into the dinning hall, where dinner was already being set up. She sat beside the handsome young man, the food being brought out, and silently the three of the ate dinner. She could all the time though feel the young mans eyes on her and she wasn't too comfortable with it. Still though she didn't let her thoughts reach her expression and finished her dinner in peace.

Once dinner was done, she was led once again by her fiance to her room upstairs, where he kissed her hand and then her cheek with a word of goodnight, before letting her go into her room to rest. She closed the door and leaned against it, letting out a sad sigh, shaking her head to herself as she made her way over to the window, opening it up to look out and get some fresh air after such a tense situation for herself, "What in the world am I to do?" Leaning against the window sill and resting her head there on her arms, she looked out into the darkness of the night, and there at the edge of the woods, she saw something that made her stand up straight, curious.

There at the edge of the woods, stood a small deer. Once that could very well have been a fawn that might have lost its mother as she saw no doe in sight. She continued to watch it for a long moment, but the little thing didn't move from its spot and seemed to be staring back up at her, as if waiting for her to come down.

Looking outside of her window, she saw a trellis to the right of it that went from the roof, all the day to the ground. Knowing she couldn't go outside from the front door for fear of being spotted by Lord Talik or his son, she reached out and with delicate hands and grabbed hold of the wood, climbing out her window and slowly making her way from her third floor window toward the ground. She climbed slowly and even once almost slipped, clinging to the wood with a small high pitched yelp, before continuing her way down.

Finally making it to the ground, she slowly started to approach the small deer, and to her surprise, it let her get close. Kneeling down next to it, she smiled softly as she pet its head, giving a giggle, "Well, hello there little one. What are you doing out here by yourself, huh? Did you loose your mommy?" The deer nuzzled its head against her and it wasn't but a few seconds after that Rose finally noticed the note int he deer's mouth, written on black paper. She tilted her head to the side, taking it into her hands and unrolling it, reading the words aloud to herself,

"You are one of six chosen few to receive this letter. You were chosen, because you wish for something with a great desire. So I shall grant you your wish. Into the Woods you must travel, to the Tree of Truth. There you will find me and if you follow my commands, you shall have your wish granted."

"My....wish?" She thought about it for a moment before looking back to the deer, "You mean, the wish of wanting to know who my real parents are?" She asked, holding the letter tightly in her hands. That was something she had been dreaming of her whole life and to find she might be so close to actually knowing who they were if she found the person that wrote this note, well, it was something that left her excited and nervous all at one. While she dreamed of this, Rose was a very sheltered, and somewhat spoiled, girl. She had never been out on her own or even in the woods.

She took a few hesitant steps toward the tree line before looking down at the small deer, "Will you lead me there? Please?" The little deer seemed to understand what she was saying because it took off a little quicker than she would want it to, leaving her trying to follow it as quickly a she could. it would never get too far ahead of her, but following it through the thick foliage and branches left the inexperienced girl stumbling and tripping, slipping down hills here of there with loud yelps in attempt to keep up.​

Skye walked passed each house that she had lived beside. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she remembered memories of her and the small boy long ago. She had grown up here and now there was no reason to stay. Her best friend was gone. Her parents were gone. The only people she had ever felt safe with were just there one day and then slowly... they weren't.

How could she stay in the village? In that house where she lost the only people who loved her? She couldn't. It was as simple as that. So, she packed everything she could fit in her bag and then packed food, money, and a canteen before heading through the village. She wanted to say farewell to her friends, but found that was too hard on her. So instead she wore her father's old cloak over her dress and hurried away from the village as soon as she could.

She had made it a couple towns away before she finally decided to stop and eat for dinner. She made herself a small camp area to sit as she cooked her food over a fire and ate a sandwich and some berries she had picked. Not long after she was back on her feet to keep moving.

As she came up to a house, she stood at the driveway and looked around. To her left was the woods and to the right was huge grassy meadow. She sighed and began to walk towards the house itself when she was stopped by a bird that fell out of the sky. She gasped and fell to her knees and looked at the bird to see if he was injured, but found that he wasn't. He just had a black envelope in his mouth weighting him down.

She furrowed her eyebrows slightly and took the small envelope. She slipped open the flap and pulled the dark black paper out. As she read the small white words, her eyes widened.

You are one of twelve chosen few to receive this letter. You were chosen, because you wish for something with a great desire. So I shall grant you your wish. Into the Woods you must travel, to the Tree of Truth. There you will find me and if you follow my commands, you shall have your wish granted.

"M-me? Someone sent me this? W-who? Who knows me, little birdy?"

The bird of course did not answer her but with a small peep. She chuckled a little and thought about all the the things she could wish for. She turned to look at the thick woods and looked back at the small blue bird.

"W-will you come with me? What if I get lost? I've never actually been in the woods before!"

The bird jumped from its spot on the ground and flew up on Skye's shoulder. He began pulling at her cloak, into the woods.

"Come on Hendrick. You know that we are just messing with you. But you better control that attitude before you too turn out like Uncle Han." The mocking from his cousins seemed to never stop. It seemed like everywhere he went there was something he would try to fix and it would turn out that his father was the one who broke it. Do you know that feeling? Of everywhere you go, people hate you because the assume you're like your parents?

That's how Hendrick felt. No matter how hard he tried or how much he pushed himself to be better, it seemed like no one cared. People think that you will amount to the same thing your parents did. If he would have been the son of a king who slain the dragon and saved the village, people would look at him like he was the hero even though he didn't do anything. But because his father had a skill at hurting off everything and everyone, he was known to ruin things.

And it was times like this that he got defensive about it.

"I will never be like my father. I will be better than him. I AM better than him!" Hendrick pushed his cousin away from him and stormed off towards the house. He was forced to stay with his cousins right now since his father was probably away ruining more things for him. He sighed as he finally made it to his bed and decided what he would do.

He had to start somewhere, and why not where most of this started: Arendelle. This was the place that his father had tried to take over and nearly killed a princess while doing so. So, he decided he would go there and make up for it. The journey would long though since he'd probably travel on foot, but who knew what would happen along the way.

Hendrick wasted no time as he packed a few pairs of clothes, a thick coat, some foot and something to pack water in, and even some snow boots. Before noon he was gone, without even bothering to tell anyone where he was going. It's not like it mattered. They would have just assumed he was going to ruin something and follow in his father's footsteps, but that was the opposite of what she was going to do.

With a sigh he began walking through the grassy lands when he heard something behind him. He turned face to face with the large black horse. It stood with its eyes narrow and his head down, stick g straight out towards Hendrick. His first instinct was to shift his arms and smack the creature, which didn't work out well when the horse bit his hand.

Hendrick shrieked as he held his hand close to his chest and backed away from the horse. He could have sworn he had seen the horse roll his eyes as an envelope dropped from the horses mouth and in between Hendricks feet. Cautiously Hendrick picked it up and read it.

Hendrick smiled as he read the letter, but drowned once again as he looked up and the horse had its forehead pressed against him.

"Do I have to go with you? Ugh. This is going to be a painful journey. If I get my wish in the end I suppose I'll survive."

Hendrick sighed in frustration and felt the horse push Hendricks back towards the forest. He sighed and pushed the horse away from him before the horse tried to bite him again. He sighed, knowing that this was how it would be for the rest of the trip as they walked into the woods.

It was getting even darker than it was when she was back at the edge of the forest. Rose had of course expected it to be dark because it was night time, but the canopy over head left the woods in a un-natural darkness. It didn't help either that it was very cold with the coming winter settling in and she had not prepared to go into the forest. She silently hated herself for not going back inside at least to pack a few things before leaving to journey into the forest, because here she was now, with nothing to keep her warm or eat. Though, even if she had brought something to make a fire with, the poor sheltered girl wouldn't even know how to start one if she tried.

Shaking her head at herself, she rubbed her arms, looking about warily, trying to stay calm. The darkness and leery feeling the woods gave off left her in a bit of a nervous mess. She didn't know what she was going to do and her deer wasn't being of much use as it often moved about in circles around her in a prancing motion, leaving her confused about the direction until she did stray from it and it nudged her in the right direction. Did it even know what the right direction was? Was the fawn leading her away from her destination? She supposed she would never know, but just had to trust it knew the way.

She could only hope she was making the right decision in trusting it with that much.

Quietly she moved, and in attempt to comfort herself, she started to hum very softly to herself. Singing and really any kind of music had always seemed to comfort her and so this put her at ease. Even in just the slightest bit anyway. She continued to sing quietly to herself at first, her light and bell-like voice echoing through the trees, leaving the forest echoing the sound and making her feel a little bit better. The song was light, about someone being with their love. It was just a simple folk song she had heard many times before in the town she grew up in, but it made her smile and feel less nervous in the situation she was in. Slowly her steps began to speed up a little, going in rhythm as the song picked up to its normally fast pace and every once a while she would even do a small twirl and laugh between the words. This was enough to make her almost forget how unwelcoming and scary these woods truly were, if just for a moment.

"Kiss me out of the bearded barley
Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me

Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing me upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring the flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me"

Conner began to notice the light in the sky beginning to dim through the thick cover of the trees in the woods, though he himself was not afraid. In Arendelle he had lived right on the edge of the forest in his small cabin, often having to go into the woods at night to chop down wood to make a fire so he could cook his super. This was really no different he supposed. And even better, he had this big moose he could ride on while going through the woods. Of course, now that he was seeing it begin to grow dark, he took that as a sign it was time to settle down to eat dinner and get some rest before morning would come once again to take him further on his journey. And so, he had the moose, whom he had named Rutt, stop when he found what looked like would be a good place to rest, and slid off of his back.

"Alright, big guy." He stated, reaching over to where he had strapped his bag of supplies to the mouse, pulling his hatchet from the protective sheath, as well as grabbing his bow and arrow in the process, "I'll go get us some wood and some dinner. Well, me some dinner I guess. After all, I don't think a moose would eat another animal." The moose just huffed and as if answering to his comment began to eat some of the grass around their little camp site, perfectly content with that. And so, the young man went out further into the woods to do just what he had said. After about an hour and being very quiet, he had managed to grab enough wood to make a good fire, as well as catch a few of rabbits to cook. After all, what he did cook, even it was too much, he could wrap it up and save it for later.

Once he had everything, he started the fire with ease and began cooking the meat, quietly enjoying the night. Was it a little chilly? Well, he wasn't sure to be honest. He...never really felt cold. Even so, just for show really, he kept his jacket on. After all, if he ran into someone, wouldn't it seem strange for him not to wear such clothing with winter approaching? He sighed at the thought. Well, maybe once he had these powers removed from him, perhaps he would be able to feel the cold? What would it feel like? Would it feel like when he got to hot? Or would it just be a completely new sensation in general? So many questions, and yet so little answers.

With the meat done cooking, he took out what food he had brought with him, cutting a loaf of bread in half and began eating, when he paused, looking around in confusion.

Was that....someone singing?

Was that one of the others that had come there to get their wish granted as well? Standing up, he began making his way through the woods, trying to find whoever it was. Maybe they could help each other find the way to this tree? It was a thought. So, he continued to move through the trees, eyes darting about and searching as the singing faded, the girl's song stopped, hoping to catch sight of someone at least.

Skye looked upward at the sky and noticed that the beautiful blue was fading into a dark color. She looked to her left and noticed the moon shining down through the tree branches. She looked around curiously, figuring it was time to stop and eat before spending the night relaxing.

She looked at the bird who landed on her shoulder and she raised an eyebrow curiously. "Well, what do you think, Star?" Yes, she had decided to name the bird Star, and she thought it went quite well since her name was Skye. As the bird chirped happily, she took it as a yes and began walking until she suddenly heard a female singing.

Hmmm. Maybe that is another one of the twelve. Maybe... Maybe I should follow her voice? Or.. what if it's a trap? I guess I'll have to find out.

Skye suddenly changed her directions and followed towards the voice. As it seemed to get further away, she ran towards it and suddenly stopped when the voice did, and found herself bumped against another body. She stumbled back and nearly feel, but caught herself slowly and looked up at the figure she had bumped into.

"Oh, I... I'm sorry. I was just trying to find this voice singing. I just thought that maybe we were here for the same reason. Do you happen to know where the voice came from?"

-----------
Hendrick had just found a tree he could climb up in and stay the night in when a voice emerged from behind him. He watched a girl skip by him without even noticing him, and he heard her begin singing. Cautiously, he walked towards it and flowed the girl as she sang. He found himself smiling softly at the song, and speeding up to reach her.

Once the song ended, Hendrick decided to make his move. Maybe she was someone that also received the letter, or at least someone who could help him find the tree maybe.

"Excuse me. Ma'am, I couldn't help but hear you singing. You have an amazing voice! May I ask what brings you out here in the woods while the sun is down? It's a very dangerous place. I don't want you getting hurt."

After a few seconds he realized that he had failed to introduce himself, and laughed at himself before speaking up again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself. I am.. I'm Hendrick and I received this letter. The words.. they disappeared, but I am looking for a tree that will grant me a wish when I get there. Is there anyway that you know of what I'm talking about?"

Hendrick turned as he heard noises behind them and he looked towards the bushes where the horse who had brought him the letter shifted to eat grass elsewhere, and another male and women emerged from the woods.

Conner had to admit, he was expecting a lot of things to happen in the woods, but one thing he had not been expecting was to run into somebody. Or well, really for somebody to run into him, and at such a speed too! He grunted slightly, though easily steadied himself as he looked up to see a girl, perhaps a few years younger than himself, almost fall to the ground after taking a tumble into him. He blinked in surprise, watching as the girl righted herself and explain why she had been running. He himself was actually out and about for the same reason.

Perhaps he and this girl could find this mysterious singer together? After all, weren't two sets of eyes better than one?

Tilting his head to the side as he looked at her, he couldn't help but wonder just what this girl was doing out in the woods in the first place. Wasn't it dangerous for someone like her to out and roaming about on her own? Then again, it wasn't his place to wonder such things was it? So, keeping his questions about this girl in front of him to himself, he shook his head, "No. Actually though, I was looking for the person singing as well. Maybe we could find her together?"

He then started to walk in the direction he had heard the singing from and looked over his shoulder at her, motioning for her to follow, "Well? Come on. I don't bite. If we don't hurry up and find that person we might loose her and never catch sight of who it was."

~~~
Rose hadn't thought anyone was even close to her in these woods. After all, what were the chances of her running into somebody way out here? Apparently very high, because the moment she stopped her little song, there was a voice from behind her. The young girl gasped and spun around to face the man, eyes wide with fright as she quickly took a few worried steps away from him. What was it 'mother' had told always told her? That's right, don't talk to strangers. Strangers were dangerous. She looked at the young man worriedly, and even when the man stated something about getting his wish granted, just like she was here for, she was still very wary of all this.

And that's when suddenly two more people emerged from the woods, another young man and young woman. Just what was going on here? She stood up straight now, her eyes growing from wary to more of an expression that showed she was curious as to why all these people were out in the woods. Were they all here for the same reason she was? Were they meant to meet up? Or was this all just some matter of chance?

It was rather easy for Conner to pin point were this mysterious singer was when he heard the faint sound of someone talking. He simply followed that voice and came out of the brush to see who was clearly the singer and what seemed to be another young man there as well. So, they all had to be some of the twelve, right? After all, why else would anyone be out in the woods at such a late hour? Stepping up to the two, Conner spoke coolly, raising an eyebrow at the two, "So, it seems I wasn't the only one out here after all. You two here for this wish granting thing as well?"

Rose, airing on the side of caution still and standing a bit off from the others, nodded to the blonde's question, her deer coming up to rub it's head against her hand, "Y-yes." She said quietly, her voice shy and barely above a whisper, "My fawn, Bambi....he brought me this black letter saying I could have my wish granted....its why I came out here." That, and the fact she was running away from that arranged marriage. Of course, she wouldn't tell them that. After all, who was to say they wouldn't bring her back to her arranged fiance for a reward? No, she couldn't let that happen. She had to keep quiet about that at all costs.

Conner nodded, "Well then, it would make sense for all of us to go there together right? After all, there are strength in numbers." He said, raking a hand through his light blonde, almost white, hair, brushing it out of his face, "Oh, I'm Conner by the way. If you all want, I have a camp set up just a little ways from here. You can all join me."

Skye followed the guy closely behind, not wanting to get lost. Finally they pushed through a bush and saw another male and female standing and talking. Or it looked like the male was going most of the talking. The male she had just ran into almost immediately began talking ti the two strangers like they were all old friends.

After the other girl spoke up and said that she was there for the same reason as she was, along with the other three, she heard the male beside her introduce himself and invite them to his camp which apprentice wasn't far away.

As cautious as Skye was being, she couldn't help but be grateful for the offer. He was right, there was strength in numbers. She looked towards the other two before she heard the male speak up again.

"That sounds great. I'm Hendrick by the way. Nice to meet you. I don't think we caught your two names? I think if we're going to stick together we ought to know each others names at least, right?"

"I'm Skye."

After everyone had introduced themselves, they all followed the male back to his camp. Skye jumped over logs to avoid tripping, and thankfully because she was the shortest out of all four of them, she was the only one who didn't have to duck from all the tree limbs.

When the finally arrived to the clearing, she removed her bags from her shoulders and let them drop to a clear spot a few feet away from the fire along with everyone else.

-----------
Hendrick was surprised the girl didn't talk to him, but immediately assumed that she probably knew who he was. Hans son. No one liked Hans, therefore no one liked him. He didn't blame her though, at least he had met a few other people who were all here for the same reason as he was.

Once they made it to the camp, he tossed his bags on the ground and watched as the horse, whom he still wasn't on good terms with, walked off with a stud and made room for himself to lay down. Hendrick rolled his eyes and then turned back towards the other male in the group. Conner, he thought.

"So, how long have you been out here? Do you have any clue where as we could even find the tree that we are suppose to be looking for? I'm still confused as to how a tree will grant us wishes."

Rose wasn't so sure about all of this. But....surely not all three of them could be bad, right? If one of them did mean to have ill intentions, then one of the others would stop him or her, right? She could only hope. Her ice blue eyes darting nervously between the three people as they introduced themselves to one another and Hendrick asked for the names of both she and the other girl. The other girl seemed more willing to give that much information, saying her name immediately. But, Rose, as cautious as always, was more hesitant to do so. Yet, she knew that they were right. They couldn't travel easily with one another if they at least didn't know each other's names.

And so, as she stood there, her hands nervously fiddling with the sleeves of her dress, she looked up shyly at the rest of them from under her thick eyelashes, "I....I'm Rose." After she said that, the three of them began following the boy that called himself Conner, Rose hanging back a little from the group, not only because she was too nervous to stay near them, but also because she was just plain out having trouble keeping up. Rose was the adopted daughter of a well off middle class family. While they may not have been as rich as the high class they had at least had carriages to take them places. She was not accustomed to having to walk around where ever she went, much less accustomed to walking through a place as unkempt as a forest.

She struggled to keep up with the others, tripping here or there over roots or getting swiped in the face by a low branch. Finally thought, they made it to the clearing where they would all be settling down for the night once they ate and talked.

Once seated, Conner passed out what food he had so that they could all have a share, when the other man, Hendrick, spoke to him. He simply shrugged, "I've been out here for a few hours now. As for the tree, I don't know either. Rutt over there," He said pointing to his moose, "has been leading me there." He sat back with a sigh, taking a sip of water, "As for how that tree can grant our wishes, perhaps its not the tree itself. Maybe there's a person there that can? I mean, I know supposedly all good magic is supposed to be gone, but maybe someone did retain their good magic? I don't know, its just a thought. Either way, Might as well go there and give it a shot."

It was possible for someone to still have good magic, right? Conner himself had...well....some sort of powers. So who was to say someone else didn't have powers to grant wishes? He could only hope they got there soon before his powers were some how revealed to these people. It woudl be best to just get rid of them and then tell the others he used to have them, rather than them finding out along the way and fearing him or getting hurt because of his powers. Get there as soon as possible. That's what he had to do.

Rose frowned as the man spoke about perhaps a person at the tree having powers and spoke up, still as quiet as ever, a worried look at the young girl's face, "But...what if its not something with good powers?.....what if....if its a witch...or something bad like that meant to hurt us?"

Status
Not open for further replies.