Into The Night (EverydayIrony x Nograd)

Shahara said nothing more and as they finished tidying up the cave, though it didn't take long with so few things to do. She nodded her thanks and made her way back over to the fire when she flopped down uncerimoniously. "Go to town tomorrow?" She questioned, yawning and stretchhing as she did so. She lay her head on her arms, and in the slight firelight her sharp facial features proved to be very fine behind the dirt and blood that stained her skin.

"Yes we are. . . were also going to clean you up," i say noticing the dirt on her face. "No exceptions your going to get cleaned and better clothes." I then lay down on the opposite side of the fire. Looking into the fire remembering what happened a few hours ago.

Shahara answered him with small, drowzy growl. "Just get dirty again." She mused and snuggled contently into the furs lining the floor. Within a few minutes, she was sound asleep though her ears twitched at each small sound that filled the night, proving she would not fall prey to anyone or anything in her sleep like her people had.

In a few moments of watching her ears i dozed off. I began dreaming of the events. How i got stabbed, how they attacked, and who was it that attacked me. The next morning i awoke in a jolt not seeing shahara," Great she left me"

The she-wolf appeared in the opening of the cave, a long, elegantly carved spear in her grip. The pole of the weapon was covered in the design of running wolves, a full moon thrown in every now and then among them. The tip, deadly pointed, was made of some clear black rock. She offered him a smirk and shook the spear. "Couldn't remember where I buried." She explained and crouched down in the snow, digging up the meat she'd stored there the day before. She picked a few of the smaller pieces and wrapped in another length of hide. Afterall, she didn't know if she'd like the food Desmond might offer her. She strapped the spear to her back with a long piece of leather and gestured at the demon. "Lead the way."

I got up and began walking through the snow back towards the village," Now we're going to need to blend in with the crowd if where going to get to my house." I stated trying to think of an idea. "I got it! Ill get a hood from a traveler thats passing by this area and ill act as if your a show and we'll walk straight into town. People may look but wont do anything since they'll think i caught you!" I said announcingly. "Oh no offense"

Shahara raised a brow, clearly not very keen on the idea. She licked her tongue over her fangs and nodded at him. "Fine....but no but Desmond touch." She gestured at herself and stuck more closely to him, nostrils flaring as the scent of humans entered her nose. She didn't like this one bit...and if it came down to it she'd kill everyone of them.

We began walking through the woods and came up to a road. I looked up and down the road and found an old raggedy hood," This will have to work" I said putting it over me covering my face. I found a rope and tied it around her neck loosely," sorry but i got to make it look real"

Shahara let out a rippling snarl at the addition of the rope but managed not to tear away from him like a madwoman. She passed him her spear to complete the guise and continued walking along with him, ears swivelling back and forth as she listened intently to her surroundings. "What kind of powers demons have?" She questioned.

"Horrible powers . . . powerful powers . . . it mostly comes out for me when im angered" I say continuing walking towards town. I began smelling the cooking of pig, cow, and chicken. "We're almost there," I said nervously but surely.

Shahara seemed dissatisfied with Desmond's answer, though she said nothing more on the subject. Her nostrils flared with the scents of humans and their animals, not to mention the pungent odour of said animals' waste. She watched the people mill around, looking weak and miserable as humans always did, save for when the young ones would pair up....Shahara used to wish something like that for herself though that dream had likely died with her people. "How far your house?" She questioned softly.

"Its past through the market, the checkpoint, then in front of a bar, past that its there," I said. "Thats why Im acting as if i caught you because we have to pass those areas."

"Then walk swiftly." She snarled at him, already infuriated by the strange looks she was receiving, some of them less than wholesome by some of the men. Her ears laid flat against her hair as they passed near some of the children, one of which tugged her tail with sneer. The she-wolf turned lightning quick and snapped at the boy, coming within centimetres of taking off his hand. The children burst into tears and screams, and Shahara allowed herself a pleased smirk.

In character i pulled her back and hit her on the head with the spear," Im so sorry for that i havent trained this beast yet it wont happen again." I then pulled shahara along around a corner into a alley a few feet from the entrance of the market. "Im sorry about that i didnt mean it"

The she-wolf said nothing, rubbing at her head silently. She nudged him with her elbow, growing more and more impatient. "Go!" She growled at him, walking on the rope leash, eager to be somewhere relatively safe.

We began walking through the market merchants yelling what they're selling. A merchant came up in front of us and stopped us and he took a hand and examined shahara. "Nice beast right?" i asked in character. "Yes ill pay 50 pieces of gold for this one," He said. "Uhm . . not for sale."

Shahara snarled at the man and made several attempts to snap at him, mostly for show, but with some desire to truly hurt anyone who thought they could purchase a beast as proud as a werewolf. The she-wolf glanced around the market, noticing several creatures tethered or caged as she currently was. She silently decided to lose them all before she left the human village, to see how the man before them liked that.

I walked along past the man as he shouted ," Ill be here waiting!" I ignored him and kept walking forward. "I know i know he has other of your kind and many others. I can tell you want to free them. I do too" I muttered quietly so no one other than non-humans can hear. We got out of the market and came up to the check point which is in the middle of the town.

"Demons hear thoughts?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side like a confused puppy. She was at least glad to be rid of the man. "What humans do with beasts?" She asked, unable to come up with any reason why a human would capture one of her kind. "Make them fight?" Shahara's brows knitted as she continued thinking.

"They make them slaves, fight, or anything a sick human can think of," He said. He continued his walk getting in line for the checkpoint. "Stay calm and whatever you do . . .act as savage as possible," He muttered.