Interview with a Character #3

Dom was skateboarding down the hallways when out of the blue a dimensional traveller appeared, this threw Dom off completely and fell of the skateboard. As he did so he arm fell off. Dom waved to the traveller with his unattached arm while his other arm put it back into its socket.

"Tea?" he asked "Yea no worries" Dom led the traveller to the bar upstairs and made the traveller a cup of tea

"Tell me about yourself."
Well…… I'm Dominic Edward Francis Day. I run this bar which is deep underground. I'm a Zombie Imp and if it wasn't for this skateboard I would be shuffling everywhere which is annoying. Did you see how long it took me to come up these stairs? It's not too bad when going down though. The rails I've set up are awesome. My tail usually carries the skateboard when I'm not using it, it seems like second nature to me. All my friends and sis say I play to many pranks but it's just my nature." Dom smirked "So how's your tea?"

What is your preferred genre/type of music and why?
Well anything I can head bang too really but unfortunely my head does fall of occasionally when I do so but its great fun. I love the sounds of drums and guitars together it makes me just wanna head bang. I tried a Mosh pit once…… never again. I was everywhere, I mean my parts were everywhere; it took me a while to put myself together that day.

Do you cook? What's your favourite food? (If you don't eat... traditional foods, then what do you eat?)
Cook? and ruin the taste. No I definitely don't cook, I eat everything as it comes. Lungs and livers with a drizzle of blood is good but sometimes that is hard work if it's a small animal but someone your size mmmmmm. What can I say I like deserts but don't worry I haven't eaten a sentinel being for a while killed a few yea….. ok I had a taste but I couldn't let it go to waste.

If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? Or, if you actually have a spirit animal, tell me about it.
A spirit animal? Now your asking. It has to be a meat eater and I can be quite quick with my skateboard and…… I know the Hyena. That works I always laugh my way through things and scavenge.

If you could go back in time and change anything, would you? (If yes) What would you change?
I know you travel through time but if I changed things now I might not be here today, its dangerous messing with time. So I will have to pass but although thinking about it, I could pull of some great pranks with that.

Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator? (Why or why not?)
My mother I did she was a zombie and she sacrificed her life so me and my adopted sis could survive. Hybrids are not allowed in this world and since me and my sis are. My mother hid us well for a good few years.
You had to talk about my mother didn't you let me go back and save her then. I wonder if I eat you would I get your power?

The Traveller thanked Dom and made a quick exit and the tea was normal.

Oh this ought to be so much fun, Charachter in Question is Mr Fox, friendly crime boss and sociopathic killer.

Tell me about yourself.
"My friends call me Mr Fox" The man sits, perfectly still on a steel chair across the reporter. His brow eyes peer out from underneath, they seem dull for but the spark of madness that flicker there. His mask betrays no emotion, and his red suit is without a single stain or stray thread. His hands are clasped together on the table as he watches, every now and then twirling his thumbs. Everything about him is subtle and sets of alarmclocks. It's as if he is choking her with his mere presence. As if he was making the air clammy and hard to breath. He tilts his head. "But you allready know that, Miss Reporter."

A chuckle escape from behind the mask. Its a strange sound, out of place on such a unnerving person. "Oh. I listen mainly to old classical music." He speak, leaning back in the chair. Somewhere in the discusssion, he had managed to get a switchblade to his hands without her noticing. He is playing with the blade. "Some Bach. Some Wagner. Alot of Beethoven." He says the last part while pointing the blade towards the poor lady reporter who by now is frozen stiff in terror.
"Go on."

Do you cook? What's your favorite food? (If you don't eat... traditional foods, then what do you eat?)

"I like veggies." He said. Simple. To the point. "J-Just vegtables" The reporter asks before she can stop herself. "Oh yes. Becouse once you realize how much burning man smell like burning stake or burning pork, you kinda go vegetarian... Or cannibal." He shrugs, returning to his knife.

If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? Or, if you actually have a spirit animal, tell me about it.
He stares in real amusement at the question. Then tilts his head again. "Take a guess. No really. Take a guess."

If you could go back in time and change anything, would you? (If yes) What would you change?

He stands up, crossing the distance and stands behind her. He is not looking at her, instead he is looking somewhere else, as if he was thinking really hard. "I would have stabbed you as you entered." He presses the blade against her throat.

Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator? (Why or why not?)

"interviews over" He lets the knife glide across, gently pressed in. He watches her bleed for a while, then pick up his coat and leaves.

The dimensional traveler arrives to Queen Kouri's castle. They sit together, and drink tea in a stone room with a single large window casting moonlight onto the table they sat at. The traveler was covered head to toe in thick robes, and spoke softly. "Tell me about yourself." The gender-less voice asked. The Queen smiles as she sets her tea onto the table and crosses her hands over her lap. "I am a Queen of a country known as Renalta, in which we are residing in the capital's castle... Beyond that, you would have to ask someone else who I am." Stopping a moment to take another sip of tea, the traveler tilts their head a little, their hood still obscuring facial features that might otherwise have given away the curiosity its tone held. "A country?" Kouri nods and finishes her cup of tea, placing it on the table as the traveler pours her another cup. "Yes. A country. It is my country, and I care for the people within it... However, it is but one country of many. One piece of a greater whole. If I ever expect to unite this world in peace, I can't do it by considering my country above all others." The traveler's intrigue seemed satisfied as it handed Kouri a cup of tea, and moved onto the next question.

"What is your preferred genre of music, and why?" Kouri leans back and closes her eyes as steam from the tea gently flowed and dissipated into the air. "Music." The traveler nods. "Yes, music." Kouri shakes her head and opens her eyes, the moonlight almost seemed to brighten a little as it touched her pale skin. "No, music, all music... Music is the voice of the world's beauty. I like all music, each in its own way. Personally, I play the piano. My wife plays a violin... Instruments that sound different, yet, both service to speak from the soul." Her smile seems to grow somewhat soft and warm at the thought of her significant other, playing an instrument.

The traveler chuckles, then rests its hands on the table as it sets its tea aside for a moment. "Do you cook? What's your favourite food?" Kouri does the same as the traveler and stares into the shadows casted by the hood, where the traveler's face should be. "No, I don't like cooking, though I do enjoy anything that doesn't taste like combat rations." The traveler's fingers begin to roll across the table, almost impatiently, perhaps showing annoyance at how the Queen tended to avoid giving straight answers. "If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? Or, if you actually have a spirit animal, tell me about it?" The queen looks over to the open window, towards the moon that was starting to inch into view. "The wolf would be, my wife is a lycanthrope. The most loyal person I've ever met, and the one that is always by my side..." A loud bark is heard outside. "...There is also that old mutt that seems fond of my wife." The two chuckle together as the traveler leans back, growing comfortable again now that it was getting direct answers.

"If you could go back in time and change anything, would you?" Kouri shakes her head. "The past is what makes us who we are." There was still a hint of sorrow in the way her shoulders dropped a little, uncertainty was filling the tone of her voice was she continued. "I cannot say it isn't tempting, I could change much with what I know... But what would that mean? If I go back in time and save my previous life, then the one I have now wouldn't happen. All the good I have done in the face of adversity would cease to be... Maybe someone else could go back in time to change their fate. I am too important in the grand scheme of things." Still, her eyes glance down to her open hands, peering at her palms. There had been a deep price for what she had done. The traveler was once again curious. "Too important?" The queen sighs and stares into the traveler's hood, her smile having faded to a haunted look. "... I rule a nation. I'm a figure that many look up to as being brave, kind, understanding. I'm under no illusion that if I die, someone could and would take my place... Though, what kind of person abandons their responsibilities to their people? What kind of nobility can be found in that, for a noble woman?" She pauses to draw a sharp breath, the topic stung her heart. "...None, though for the many I've sent out that have not returned, I would wish that life were so simple that I could take their place."

The traveler stands slowly, making a single motion over the table the tea pot and the cups disappear into dust. Looking down at the still seated queen, it clasps its hands behind its back, and asks its final question.

"Would you say that you had a good relationship with your parents, guardians, and creators? Specifically, your parental figures?" Kouri pauses for a moment at the question before finally standing up herself, to address the traveler as one noble to another. "Yes. I loved them very much, and they loved me." There was nothing more to be said it seemed as the traveler opens its portal to leave. Kouri takes a step towards it and places a hand over her chest as an ever curious look enters her eyes. "Wait!... Can I... See your face?" The traveler turns and nods, pulling its hood back. There was nothing there but a black mist, suspended in a manner that she did not understand, as she couldn't feel any magic involved. "Goodbye." The traveler states as it leaves through the portal. Kouri blinks and looks at the table where the traveler had been sitting. There, sitting on the table, was a small note that hadn't been there before. Picking it up, she smiles as she reads it. "We may meet again, some day. Please do stay alive. Subjects are more interesting to interview that way."

Reactions: Dusk
The Interviewer asks:

The room itself is cold and uninviting. A purpose-fit square of 10-by-10 grey, with two chairs either side of a small, metal table: round, like the ones you would see outside a modern cafe. Kiku's feet rest on the table as she leans backwards against the now rocked back chair. She is strangely beautiful, all things considered: with a strange mess of black hair, half attended to in a rushed pony tail and half hanging loose, strands of which laze over her face. Her smooth skin is unblemished by scars or dirt, but her eyes seem to attract people's attention the most. They are a deep violet colour, and something about the way she sizes up the interviewer as she walks into the room is unnaturally hostile..predatory, even.

She doesn't seem to move as the interviewer sits down, although her body below the neck is covered in a dirty-looking beige cloak She waits for the interviewer to speak first, tension clear in her face. It seems like she is scared, although the face is a practiced facade, saved for higher ups and the untrustworthy.

Kiku is left to pause at the question...was a new tactic by the B-Sec shrinks, to be sure. They normally came in, pretending to know all of her dirty little secrets. " 'sall on my record, quack."

"Indulge me, if you would. Pretend I don't know anything about your world."

Kiku's eyes roll, an image of teenage mockery and arrogance trapped in an adult form. "Suppose I've got time...but...what is that stuff in the weird thing? It smells real good."

The interviewer's voice seems to brighten up at the subject's interest. "This is simply tea...a drink. Would you like some?" The interviewer makes a motion of pouring two cups full of the black liquid. "Would you like milk and sugar in yours?"

Kiku smiles and nods, clearly receptive to the nice-smelling treat and the offer of sugar. She had never had tea before. "So yeah, me...I'm called Kiku, no second name and I work in B-Sec, Chicago sector. Apparently, a few hundred years ago, the world got blown up, and now we live in some 'postman-pocolypse' or something...I 'unno. Point is, I loom after a bunker called Chicago: 's one of the 'last bastions of human survival.' At least that is what Mari...Colonel Black always tells me." Kiku pauses to stare at the stirred tea, and the interviewer takes it as a sign of the strange woman's curiosity. She hands Kiku the cup, and Kiku begins to move her left hand, but stops just before the first finger can sneak out of the cloak. Her right hand then comes forward, gripping the cup and lifting it to her mouth, as she sips the drink, unaware of the scalding heat. Oddly, she ignores it, and just smiles. "I'm what people call a listener...a freak, or a mutie, too: But i normally stab the people who use those terms. I do my job on B-sec because i have these mutations that make me superhuman. I can sense traps, or bad guys sometimes, and I can turn myself kind-of invisible! Wanna see?" She seems to concentrate for a second, but after a few moments Kiku's face vanishes, leaving a floating cloak and a phantom hand, cradling a tea cup. Moments later, she un-vanishes, a proud grin on her face.

"What is your preferred genre/type of music and why?"

"Music? I don't really listen to music. I know there's this Australian guy...Barney or something...he likes playing songs about fire and stuff...some of those are cool."

"Do you cook? What's your favorite food?"

Kiku is left to pause, but soon enough she is shaking her head. "I don't cook, no. Normally I just eat rations or somethin' but sometimes Marie cooks for me. I like meat the most...real, raw meat, not the fake, ration-ee crap. Ice cream is awesome too, but I've only ever had it once."

"If you had a spirit animal, what would it be?"

Kiku takes a time to ponder the question, clearly taking longer on this one than the others. She takes occasional sips of her tea, which always elicits a little purr of contentment, or a shudder of appreciative delight. "Nope, can't think o' one. I don't really believe the Bible stuff: sorry"

"If you could go back in time and change anything, would you? "

Kiku is left to pause at this one. She bites her bottom lip, before nodding to herself and lifting up her left arm. Instead of flesh and blood, the limb is some type of steel. It connects to her shoulder at a clean cut, although scars can be seen on the flesh just right of the prosthetic limb...bullet wounds. "I don't think I would. I am pretty lucky, y'see, and managed to survive some hits that should have killed me. If I didn't get hit, someone else would. They might not have been so lucky. I also know that if I changed some of the other bad stuff, that I wouldn't be me. Other people have suffered worse than me, y'know."

She pauses, a moment of melancholy on her face before she chippers up. "Besides, i am basically a cyborg mutant assassin...How cool is that?"

"Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents, guardian or creator? "

"I dont remember my parents much. Never met my dad, and I don't like remembering mom. But Colonel Black is the closest thing I have to a guardian, and she kicks ass! She is cool, and strong, and kind too! She looks after me, and she even found me in the pit. She saw this lonely little bloody girl, and instead of waving a gun around, or shouting at me, she wrapped me in a blanket and said I was safe...I actually believed her, too. Still do, actually. Marie is kick ass, for sure."

There is a knock on the door, and a middle aged looking Asian man pops his head in, through the door. Kiku nods, then turns back to the interviewer. "And I gotta go. Thanks for the tea, stranger!" Kiku moves through the room as fast as a bullet, slinking through the door and slamming it shut before another word can be shared. When she asked the doctor what the shrink's name was, he just blinked at her, confusedly writing some notes down on a clipboard.

"What shrink? Your next psych-eval is not for another month, Kiku."

Tell me about yourself.
Looking up from sharpening his knife, he gives the interviewer a look of contempt. "I hate you people... Jack Greene. Rest is classified."

"Music? MUSIC? I'm out in the field risking my ass for you civies and what do they ask when I get back? Music! Hmph." To add emphasis, he stabs his knife into the arm of the chair Jack is sitting in. Folding his hands, he continues. "But now that you mention it... I'm partial to Marilyn Manson. Especially his version of that "Nightmare Before Christmas" song. Works well for psychological warfare when you hack the enemy radio channels and start blaring this into their speakers while you kill them." He lets out a maniacal cackle.

Do you cook? What's your favorite food? (If you don't eat... traditional foods, then what do you eat?)
"Cook? HA! I haven't eaten a solid meal since... Well, there's my point! They've been sticking needles for nutrition in my arm since I was a test tube baby."

"Personally? I have no respect for religion or spiritualism. But Lupa has proven time and again to be extremely loyal and an effective comrade. And she's a wolf! Can't get that loyalty out of a human, however conditioned or augmented they are." Jack sits back in his chair. "So, yeah. I'd have a dog. Specifically mine."

He starts nervously fiddling with his knife. "Hmm. I don't think I've made many mistakes in my life. I guess I could have refused my second reset. I might have been able to save President Holden and... Annie." He starts twisting the knife deeper into the chair leg. "But no. Let's go back further. Back to when I was locked in a maximum security containment facility. Where I could have broken out earlier and murdered the guards, other prisoners, and the Warden for raping the girl in the cell next to mine on a daily basis." The knife is buried to the hilt now. A wild smile breaks out across his face. "But then what a hypocrite I'd be."

"Good relationship? Hm. No doubt they have the greatest pride for their creation. Kill count of 3,000. But I despise them. They're the scum of the earth." He hears the second part of the question and breaks into a rage. "WHY? BECAUSE! THEY LOCKED ME IN A CELL FOR FOURTEEN YEARS OF MY LIFE! FOURTEEN YEARS! MADE ME KILL HUNDREDS JUST TO ESCAPE! NOT TO MENTION THAT THEY'VE TAKEN MY MEMORIES! I remember nothing from my childhood. I don't remember who I was, who I loved. But they tried to erase the hate. And that never fades." His face somber, he stands up and walks away. "I want to rip their spines out and force them back down their throats. This interview is over."

Continuation of Jonathan Carter

Bird song is the only music I listen to. Even if people play music in the cities, I rarely think about it as I'm busy making sure not to be seen by the guards. People really should appreciate the sounds of nature more.

Do you cook? What's your favorite food? (If you don't eat... traditional foods, then what doyou eat?)
I cook meat over the fire when I have the chance. But it's no gourmet food. You can't have luxury when eating what you can find from nature.

What's a spirit animal? I've never heard of such things. But if I could be any animal I wanted, I would choose a bear. Sleeping through winter seems pretty neat.

I would go back to when me and my father were about to hide in an underwater cave and stop us from going in. That way he might have been alive today. Sure, I should change the day everyone found out about me being immune against magic, but they would have found out sooner or later anyways.

We had a good relationship until mother got killed and father drowned...

Ty scratched her head and walked in. Her hands slipped in her blue hoodie pockets as she walked in. How she was pulled into doing this interview, she didn't even know, but she decided to just cooperate.

Tell me about yourself.

Ty was never really comfortable around strangers, but knowing that there was someone she did trust waiting for her, she relaxed. "My name is Ty. Just Ty. I'm an air elemental, meaning I manipulate the air around. And that I'm technically like an orb of air, but I can take human forms...like this one." She gestured to her girlish figure hidden behind a blue hoodie and jeans. "I used to be an assassin, but I got out of that business a while ago. That's...That's a story for another day though. Other than that, I'm pretty much another less than normal...person."

"I've become a fan of rock music, you could say, because of, uh, someone important.. Most of the time I'll listen to instrumentals or calming music. I like the peace. Though my small family is less than peaceful. I live with two fire elementals and one is quite...rowdy."

"We don't have to really eat things considering we're just elements of nature...But we still do. I cook mostly because no one else does. One can't, the other is better at desserts. That's a long way of saying yes. My favorite food is ramen."

"Spirit animal? I don't know. I suppose a bird. It seems fitting. Air, freedom. It seems pretty similar. Maybe a falcon. Those are pretty cool."

This question made her pause and sigh. "I'd much rather not dream of the impossible. I've come to accept how my life it is. I'd say I'd go back in time to stop the attack that nearly wiped out my race, or even the time I decided as a child to become an assassin...But I know I wouldn't have been able to stop that. Even so, if I did change it, then I wouldn't have such a nice family now. Despite all of the mistakes I've made, I've finally come to accept that things will be okay for me." Ty smiled a little at the thought before sipping the tea she was offered. "By the way, tea tastes pretty good too. I can add that to favorite foods and drinks."

Again she sighed, setting her cup down. "For most of my life I thought my entire race was dead. My home was attacked, and I was sent to Earth somehow...Before all that stuff happened, I had a great relationship with my parents. My father was such a caring person, and I loved him to bits. He was always so proud when I came home and showed him new tricks I learned. My mom was the same way. I love her too. And now that I know she, and a few others are alive, I couldn't be happier. I still stay with my elementals," She laughed softly towards how she so easily claimed them as hers. "But it's not like I'm not welcomed back home of course."

"Well, that's about it from me." Ty nodded, preferring not to shake their hand. She still was uneasy around strangers, but at least this stranger didn't try to kill her. "Thank you for the tea, and I hope you've got what you wanted. I'll be going now. That family of mine is waiting for me." Ty gave a polite smile and walked out.

(This is an interview with Llian Warrant Officer, Reaper. He's from a Space Opera novel/short story I've been working on.)

Why do they call you reaper? "It's the call-sign you get when you have more confirmed kills than any other SF (Space Frame) pilot.

Where do you hail from?: "Llia. We call ourselves Llians, though some have called us Space Nomads. We are a peaceful people, but we do not take kindly to hostilities. Turn the other cheek we do not."

How many people live in Llia?: "Between 2.25-2.3 million. I don't have the exact number with me at this moment."

What is the name of the Llian Capital city?: "The Llia is our largest civilian ship. I guess you could call it our capital city ship."

What type of Government do the Llians have?: "It is similar to a Democracy, only better. The main obligation is to serve the people, not the interests of a select few."

What type of economy do the Llians have?: "Our economy is Recourse-Based. It is a system in which all goods and services are available without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude. All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few. The premise upon which this system is based is that the Universe is abundant with plentiful resource; the practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival. With our efficiently designed economy, everyone can enjoy a very high standard of living with all of the amenities of a high technological society."

Are there any people of note in Llia?: "Everyone is of equal importance; however, we do have some popular individuals among the people. Like me."

How did Llia come about? What's your nation's history? "We should nuke them all, is what many said, and finally, without regard for the innocent -this is exactly what happened to our ancestors. Somehow, a few us managed to survive the genocide. What can I say besides, we were fast and very fortunate. As for those of us that got left behind, they were culled like livestock, many of whom were defenseless women and children. We will never forget that moment in history. Basically, long ago our people were nearly wiped out because our entire race was somehow convicted for the crimes committed by only a handful of individuals. Many of these crimes were fabricated. On that matter, we do not consider defending ones homeland from foreign invasion a crime. Anyhow, this sentence was on the sole basis that these people were said to share the same beliefs as us and for that reason alone. In that time, we put our trust in the ruling body that delegated the affairs of war. To our dismay, this delegating power was overruled, or rather, it was overthrown by a superpower nation, and they decided on behalf of the delegating party that our people were deemed "hopeless". In essence, we were betrayed by the entire world as they did nothing while the elite sat back with smiles on their faces, reaping the profits of war and eagerly watching our people get slaughtered in the millions. Our right to life was denied. Now we only trust our own."

What systems or planets do the Llians control?: "We have no planets. We Llians live in the dead of space --rather distant from the other nations-- but space is our home now. Our Civilian, Industrial, Agricultural, Research, and Training ships are likened to Capitals ships; however, these vessels are not suited for combat. Many say our claim to having a civilian fleet is merely a ruse since no one has ever seen a non-military Llian ship to date. We would like to keep it that way. Whether people believe us or not on the matter of our civilian fleet, the space that our civilian ships usually reside consists of mere barren systems that are distant and uncharted or disregarded amongst other nations."

If it's not too much, will you explain, for our viewers, the Llian military doctrine?:

"I can't recall it verbatim, but it goes something like this."

"One. We serve the people, not the state."

"Two. It's rare for us to take prisoners of war, so if you want to start something with us, just remember that." (The Llian prison ships are akin to luxury ships. Prisoners of war are treated with the utmost courtesy. Men and women are generally kept separate from each other for safety reasons. The Llians don't usually keep prisoners for more than a month. After the allotted time, they'll jump a life-boat into enemy space filled with the POWS.)

"Three. Never attack civilians. If it comes to a point where the civilians start fighting you, that means the people are saying, GTFO our land cause you'll have to kill us all if you want it. Maybe some nations are perfectly content with genocide, but we are not. We would never think to appropriate resources through war anyways; the universe is so vast."

"Four. Never negotiate with terrorists."

"Five. Never compromise with assholes. Not exactly sure about this one."

"Six. Never surrender, even if all you have is sticks and stones, never surrender. We are not against tactical retreat or using escape craft, but if tactical retreat is not an option, never surrender."

"Seven. War is hell, war brings loss and there are only losers in war. So don't go to war unless you absolutely have to.

"Eight. Last but most important, keep everything you do aligned with the will of God."

I have one more question about Llia. Why is it the the Novisans and the Leucosians find the Llian nation so threatening?: "It's probably because we live in spaceships and they mostly live on planets. Planets are easy targets but it's not like we've ever attacked their planets or ever will. There is an armistice on planetary bombardment but the wording clearly doesn't extend to our civilian ships. It's kind of funny since it was us who proposed the armistice to keep the Novusans and Leucosians from destroying each other. Anyways, I believe the Novisans and the Leucosians simply see us as threat to their safety but most of all, a threat to their system of rule because we're 'doing life' better than them and they can't have their people thinking that life can be better than what it currently is. I'm sure they would like to get their hands on some of our tech, too."

Now lets move on to some personal questions. Please tell me about yourself?: "I'm an SF pilot. I like eating, sleeping, training, and women.

What is a typical day like for you?: "Eat, sleep, training, piloting my SF, pulling high G maneuvers that would make most people shit their flight suits."

What do you do when you are not doing what you regularly do?: "If I'm not chilling with Scarecrow, I'm spending my time flirting with the ladies. I'm a long ways from perfecting my game but it's getting there, I think. It sounds corny but I'm looking for my soulmate. I've never had women approach me so I figured it was about time that I started approaching women. Makes sense doesn't it? Sometimes I feel like its harder than being an SF pilot."

Who is Scarecrow?: "He's another SF pilot. Some of the guys starting calling him that on account of his intimidating physical appearance. Eventually, the name stuck."

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years?: "I see myself with my soulmate and two children: A boy and a girl."

Do you have a special someone in your life right now?: "I'm working on it."​

Anaïs Chevalier

Tap... Tap... Tap... The interviewer's shoes echo softly off of the walls as she enters the room. The floors are made of wood, but once she actually looks around, she notices that the room clearly had a purpose once, but it was emptied for whatever reason. She looks around professionally before calling out, "Hello?" ... There is no reply, but a faint sound comes from beyond the next door. It's so soft at first that she can barely hear it before it reaches a crescendo. It was unfamiliar to the interviewer, but then again she wouldn't likely be able to pick up any song ever written based simply on the notes of a piano. As she gradually pushed the next door open, she looked out to be greeted with a breathtaking sight. Upon opening the door the rest of the way, she saw a sea of grass coating the rolling hills of... wherever this was. A gentle hue of blue-green covered the ground; odd, for grass, but palpable, she would suppose. Land seemed to mold itself for convenience here - the ground made its own bridges over small water ways, arching in almost unnatural ways to form solid, organic walkways. Soft glowing orbs dotted the air in yellows and blues, moving about whimsically, but with no noticeable purpose, at first. In the distance, one could see landmasses anchored to the ground by massive, but not unsightly chains... Upon them were crystalline structures - cities, or castles? It was hard to tell.

She would find Anaïs at her piano bench humming gently to a song as if nobody were there...

"Ma'am?" The interviewer called out and the girl missed a note, shut the piano and turned her head like a frightened animal. She placed a hand over her heart as she regained her breath.

"Oh, I'm so sorry... I did not see you, or I would have..." She didn't finish her statement as she stood up. Her voice held traces of an accent which the traveling interviewer recognized as French... But that didn't quite line up with this place, at least she'd never seen a place in France that looked like this.

"Oh, it's no problem, I'm sorry for intruding... May I ask, where are we?"

"Hm... It's hard to tell really..."

"I... I'm sorry?"

Anaïs looked at her, perplexed, "You don't know..?"

The interviewer nodded, "I travel a lot, so let's say no."

The girl nodded in understanding, "Okay. I think the word is 'afterlife,' in English... But not really... Not Heaven or anything, yes? Uhm... Well, I do not know... But I'm here and I guess I have come to terms with it. I died, and then..." She fumbled with the words, "Rised up?"

"Woke up?"

"Oui. I woke up, and was here. What can I do for you?"

The interviewer bit her tongue, deciding that too many questions would only cause more problems as to where she was, moving on to the subject at hand. "Well, I'm here to ask some questions about you, would that be okay?"

The pianist seemed to debate the proposition for a moment, or she was translating in her head. Either way, moments later she finally responded, "Okay, I suppose we should sit... Sorry, I don't have drinks or snacks... I haven't been here long, so I do not know... where or if I need them..." If the interviewer thought the entire situation was strange, she should see exactly what the French girl thought of it. She was absolutely clueless so far as well.

The patio outside of the small house had a pair of chairs and a table between them, a nice, comfortable setting for an interview. The two women sat down. Anaïs pushed some of the strands of her neck-length hair out of her face. He bangs were long, but parted, and her hair was black with soft silver highlights in them. She wore a sheer, glittering scarf of purple, a white top, and a jacket with her skinny jeans and neon-green sneakers. It wasn't formal dress, but it was one of her favorite outfits. She rested her hands in her lap and seemed to have difficulty making eye contact with the interviewer as they began.

"So... Tell me about yourself."

"Okay, well... I'm from Nice, France... I grew up with... Ugh, I'm sorry," She apologized, "But... do you speak French at all? My English is... okay, but not comfortable."

"Of course," The interviewer said, switching tongues. Interdimensional travel gave her need for many different tongues and figures of speech.

"Thank you, so much," The girl said sincerely. "So, like I said, I'm from Nice in France. I grew up in a Christian household, but I've never been one for organized religion... Doesn't seem like it matters now, since death only brought me here and I have yet to have anybody tell me where here is... I've played the piano since I was young, spent university learning even more about music, and after that I started work... I teach, mostly, but I've been lucky enough to help with some low-level film scoring. That was always fun. I wanted to compose, but... that didn't work out; I was only twenty-six when I had a heart attack. Doctors said I had heart arrhythmia, and I could feel it... I could keep the tempo of just about any song, but my heart couldn't... I woke up here and my ICB was gone and my heart hasn't skipped a single beat since then... I don't know how long I've been here, but it's long enough to know that sometimes, I just sit in the silence and listen to it... It's like somebody put a metronome in my chest... It's so lovely," she said, her voice full of nothing but admiration.

"If you don't mind, could you tell me about the day you died?"

Anaïs bit her lip for a moment, looking down to her hands, "I guess I could... It was breezy, mid-morning... We were taking a walk through the park, Ethan and I..." She smiled faintly, for the shortest of moments, when she mentioned that name. Her gaze turned to the interviewer wistfully, "Ethan... He was an American taking a semester of university in the city... He was a couple of years younger than me, but he was sincere... and just goofy... We were together, in some way, until just a couple of weeks before the end of his semester. He was trying to get another half-year out there too... I remember he kept trying to tell me it was because he really enjoyed the classes and teachers, but I guess a small part of me was glad that he was a bad liar... I knew it was because of me..." She sighed gently, clearing her throat as she paused. "We were taking a walk and... Well I'd already gotten light-headed a couple of times that day, but when I took a bout of vertigo had to lie down. I can still hear him saying it... I was half asleep, but he said he loved me... Out of nowhere - he thought I was asleep... I didn't even get to tell him how I felt... I... Well, my heart started to race... then it skipped a beat... Then I guess it just stumbled and couldn't stop... Then it did stop. And..." It felt like something was reaching deep into her throat and squeezing the tubes shut. All of them as she choked on a sob. "He... I thought... He wanted me to visit him after he left... He wanted to try to make the relationship work... I-I... I couldn't even tell him..." She shook her head and tried to dab at her eyes with her shirt, but it didn't help much. "I'm sorry... I don't mean to get choked up... I haven't really... talked to many people since I got here... I guess it feels kind of nice..."

The interviewer's gaze softened and she gave the girl plenty of time to recover, letting her say anything she needed to. "Let's move on to something lighter, yeah? I noticed you were playing the piano before... And you mentioned having a musical background... What's your preferred genre or type of music?" She asked, trying to brighten the atmosphere.

Anaïs nodded, "Okay, yeah..." She tried to force a smile as she gained control of her faculties once more. "I listen to a lot of different things... But mostly I like instrumental and orchestral. Anything that makes you feel, but not... angry," She answered with certainty. "If it's not a composer, I like Carla Bruni... I like American artists too, like Norah Jones... When I can understand and keep up with the words, it really helps my English." The girl smiled as she finished her answer, uncharacteristically confident with it.

"Interesting, at least... You really strike me as that kind of person too. What about cooking? What do you like to eat?"

At this, Anaïs actually laughed, finally growing comfortable with the interview, "Oh, no... No, cooking is far from my small list of skills... My favorite food... I think it's fried rice, to be honest... Kind of boring, I know, but for some reason it's just... delightful," she admitted.

"Oh, well that's quite the choice... I always like this question: if you had a spirit animal, what would it be?"

"A... what?"

"A spirit animal... Like a spectral animal companion that followed you around, or an animal you yourself embody?"

"Oh! Well... I think if one of them followed me around, I'd want a little squirrel or a ferret... They're so small and cuddly... But if I were an animal..." She tapped her chin in deep thought, "I... Uhm... I think I would be a cat... But I don't know why... I just think that's what I'd be." She finished with a shrug, deciding that that was really all the answer she could give.

"Hey, whatever you think fits is good. I know we just talked on a serious note, but... If you could go back in time and change one thing, would you?"

The girl shook her head, "No. I'd have loved to have a longer life, but... I got to live the one I had because of who I was... What I had to deal with. I'd love to have had kids, or a husband, or anything like that... But I got to do and feel things that nobody else did. For Ethan, for my family... And, I feel happy knowing we were young enough... He'll find somebody else. My death wasn't a pleasant one... In fact, I can remember every moment of it even now. But if I go back only a couple of minutes, seconds even, I can still hear him... Saying he loved me, asking to visit... All of it, it still rings in my ears. So I choose that as my last memory before dying. Not the sirens or the cries for help... Just him, just me... the smell of the salty water just outside the park... So, no, I'd change nothing."

"Well, all things said and done, what about your parents? Were you close? I know religion sometimes drives a wedge into a family, but others can overcome it... Or what about God? Have your views changed since coming here?"

The girl thought about her answer for a while on this one. "Yes... I loved my parents very much... I didn't call them every day; in fact, it was mostly holidays when we saw each other. Otherwise, they visited. They were getting older, doing more traveling... I was getting older, being more independent... A lot of get-togethers consisted of them asking about my love life, which was always disappointing, but they never said so. I was always grateful for that... As for whatever God there might be... I don't know. I've felt content here, now that I've started to cope with what happened... I feel like I'm just... waiting for something to happen, you know?"

The interviewer nodded, "Well... It was nice meeting you, Anaïs... I hope all turns out well here for you too. I guess I'll go now and let you get back to your piano... You're very talented."

The girl blushed, "I'm not that great... But thank you," she said, meeting the woman's gaze with a soft smile. As the interviewer was just taking her leave, the pianist jumped up from her seat, "Wait!" As the traveler turned curiously, Anaïs felt her nerve ebbing. "Could... If you ever do end up meeting any of the people we talked about today... Could you just find some way to tell them how much they meant to me? I... I was wrong, I would definitely change that... I didn't tell them often, and I never took the time to really talk to them about how I felt... So just... If you can, let them know, yeah?" She requested sheepishly.

The woman wasn't sure if it was against the rules... But this certainly wasn't a real afterlife... Whatever it was... so she nodded, "Of course, Miss Chevalier... I'll keep my eyes peeled," She said warmly before stepping through a door, closing it behind her, and vanishing.

The wind whistled softly in her wake and Anaïs took a deep breath. It carried salt and tree leaves with it... It was perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ThomazM
Warning: Harry curses like a sailor at times, so if you don't like cursing, just skip this post. Oh yeah, and Harry is kinda violent, so expect to see some violent scenes in his mind and answers. No actual harm towards the traveler of course.

Harry rolls his eyes as the interviewer tells him her story. A dimensional traveler searching around for interesting people, just to ask them a few random questions? Harry thought she was just crazy, but didn't feel violent today, so he was going along with it for now. Hell, maybe he'd get some interesting questions.

Tell me about yourself.

Harry merely stares blankly at his interviewer for a few moments, wondering if it would be alright to tell her what he is. After all, she did seem a bit out of her mind to him, so whats the harm? "Name's Harry, last name unknown. I sort of hop around worlds myself, going from place to place to have...good times." A memory of him impaling someone on a metal fence came to mind, and Harry began to smile to himself. "I have a variety of powerful abilities, the strongest of which is my ability to unlock or lock any damn thing I see. Helps out a bit when I...get locked out of the places I stay at." He thinks of one time where he unlocks the vault to a bank, having already destroyed the camera's while walking in. "To tell the truth though, all I care about is my own freedom and doing whatever the hell I want."

"I don't listen to music very much to be honest. Though sometimes I do like hearing some...high energy songs. Just when the mood is right and I feel like wasting some energy." A flash to where he clicks on some music in a bar, right before attacking the first person he see's with a right hook. "Nothing interesting there."

Do you cook? What's your favorite food? If you don't eat traditional foods, then what do you eat?

Harry blinks, wondering if she asked that last question because she knew what he might be. "No I don't usually cook. I just pick up whatever I want from...wherever." He thinks of one time he robbed a store just for a candy bar. "Favorite food though? I'd have to say I like a nice rare steak. Hell I'd eat it raw if that didn't have so many damn health problems related to it."

If you had a spirit animal, what would it be?

He shrugs, not really knowing himself. "Hell if I know, maybe something fast and lethal."

If you could go back in time and change anything, would you?

Harry thinks of all the time travel movies he sneaked into the theater to watch, and shudders at the thought of being sent back through time naked. "Hell no, I've seen enough movies to know that is way too much trouble."

Would you say you have a good relationship with your parents, guardian, or creator?

"Parents think I'm dead, I have no damn guardian, and the closest thing I have to a creator is a bastard who deserves a spike shoved through his chest. Don't feel like changing any of that, cause I don't give a single damn about any one of them. Now, can you get out? I'm sick of these stupid questions." Harry glares at the interviewer for a few moments, grinning when she decides to leave. "Good, now unto the next world to make my playground."

Hajar groaned, shuffling blearily to her kitchenette for some well deserved coffee. Finals were kicking her butt, and she could stay up for just a few more hours of studying if she just had a cup. Could, but wouldn't, she noted as she grasped the empty pot. Great. She contemplated just stuffing some of the grounds in her mouth instead of walking the extra 3 feet to the tap (it was edible, right?) when she noticed a figure watching from one of the kitchen stools. Hajar realized that in the comfort of her apartment she had left her hijab off, which meant her horns were on full display curling down near her faun ears. In a moment of self loathing and exhaustion she allowed herself the punny thought that she was like a deer in headlights. But her fears were somewhat calmed when she realized the stranger made no move in surprise. Wait a moment, was that? Ugh, she'd heard of this traveller before from other folks who had been approached. She let out a small bleat in exasperation. Maybe if she answered a few questions they'd go away. After Hajar put another pot of coffee on of course.

Tell me about yourself.
"Mmm-mmeh-eh-eh. I could probably tell you more about organic chemistry than myself at this point. Sure you don't wa-a-anna hear about enthalpy? No? Your loss then... God I'm tired." She yawned, wishing the coffee would perc a bit faster. Personal info, personal info, she thought. What did she have to say? "I-a-a-a- am a faun. Not ma-eh-eh-ehny of us around here but that's fine by me. I study medicine at the local university, not that anyone would give me a degree if they knew what was under my hijab. Fu-uh-uh-uckers."

"There's this girl I met when I was travelling in Boston, told me a-a-all about her sister who played the cello in some big orchestra. I was never really into that stuff before, but no lie, I've got an entire playlist of their concert pieces. I like music without words, most lyrics are just so...grating. What else do you have for me? Make it quick, I have notes to study."

"I have to, to have lived on my own this long. You can't live on instant noodles and takeout forever. And I'd have to sa-a-a-y," she said, eyeing the coffeemaker, "I'm pretty sure my favorite thing in the world right now would be some hot coffee. You're killing me here, I'm about to fall asleep right on the table if you keep asking me boring shit. Okay fine, three more questions, that's it. Then I can study myself to death in peace and you can bother my neighbors instead."

"Really? I'm part deer, what did you-ou-ou think the answer was gonna be? Next."

"I would have said f-u-uh-uck this chem final and gone to sleep instead of coming out here to talk to you. And maybe having a second coffeemaker by bed would be nice." As she finished talking, Hajar noticed the pot was finally, blessedly full. She poured herself a steaming mug right away, black, no sugar. If that kick in the mouth didn't wake her up, she didn't know what would.

Hajar sputtered, hot coffee burning her throat on the way down before a grimace overtook her face. "Okay tha-a-at was fun. Not. interview is over go bug someone else." She did not want to talk about that man who used to be her father. Just thinking about that good-for-nothing lump just...ugh. He used to be fun, used to be happy, but now he just moped around angry at the world for dealing him a bad hand with his injury. She was nothing like him, she would never hide from the world and rage away the rest of her life like that, it was awful. She was definitely never going to end up like him, she thought as she took her coffee pot back with her into the bedroom and slamming the door. What a relief to have that interview over with. She should have just stayed in the room and moped and raged over school all night instead of leaving her little space.

Today I shall use a Dragon character c:

Tell me about yourself.

My name is Walker. I'm a slinky Mirror Dragon. When I say 'Slinky,'I just mean quiet. I run in my growing Pack, but for right now it's pretty small.

Music? Hmmm. Well, I like the music that the Wind Flight dragons play on their flutes. It's so nice, it makes me want to ride on the wind for all the years in the world...

I eat meat and seafood, when I can grab it. Though, I do enjoy some of the cooked delicacies that the Fire Flight dragons make during their Elemental Ceremony.

Hmmm, I don't know. A wolf. Yes, a wolf would do nicely. They run in packs and are fairly family oriented. They look after their progeny as if they would die if their own were killed.

Nothing.

I don't know. My creator was technically the Plaguebringer, but now I live among the feral Nature Dragons. It's far nicer here.

A form wanders out from shadow on all fours, long, lean, graceful. Sleek from four-nostrilled snout to tail's generously tufted tip. Movements, a slide of shoulder, a turn of hip. Smooth. Each footstep precise. Fur and scales gleeming, as if freshly washed. Her... yes, her scent, like citrus and nutmeg, wafted off her tuft as it waves towards the interviewer, a gesture before she sits, head tilted slightly to the right, large ears alert, saphire eyes bright and inquisitive.

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.
"I am Thoee, of the Bloodline Rurrumm. Mate to one Love, mother to daughter and newborn son." A warm smile. "Love tea, music, walking on warm beaches... love my Deen even more. Despite his faults." Her eyes close, she inhales deeply, exhales slowly, then opens eyes, head now tilted slightly to the left as she gives the interviewer a coy smile. "I imagine you also have someone who makes you happy.......?"

She notes the interviewer's discomfort at the asking of her own question, and smiles. "Music must paint pictures, tell stories. Bring out pleasant memories." She stands and pirouettes, mane and body fur ruffled, tail a flash and swirl as she laughs a non-human laugh. "Must make me feel like dancing!"

She settles, all prim and proper again, decorum restored, though still with a warm glow in her eyes. "Yes, I cook. But My Love... loves to barbecue. So he insists the 'duty' is his. Though he does not object to my help. Favorite?" She sighs. "Anything my mate cooks, to be honest." She grins softly, her eyes reflecting a memory... "He has a way with sauces......." She leaves the last question hanging on the gleem of her teeth. And the affection in her soft, brief 'giggle' of amusement.

"It would be..." She stops, ears turned back as she looks to the sky. "I really cannot say, truthfully. My spirit has traveled too wide and far. But I do like fish. They have a calmness I find appealing."

"If I could go back in time." Her head tilts to the right again. And her tail's tuft also waves again, between her and the interviewer. "A grand fancy, but no, I wouldn't."

"Yes... I would in all ways say yes." She drops to all fours and stretches, then settles on her belly like a cat in repose. "I gave birth to our First, our daughter, my back in touch with Vinnaheen's Tree, in honor of our last living Creator. My parents... proud." Her tail waves over grass, her smile warms as she bows her head.......

....... and in that moment, another figure... no, two others slip from the same shadows as her earlier approach, one large, the other quite small, no larger than a housecat. The large one male, adult, the small one, female... a young child. Both, the same species as her. From the interview just finished, from his grin and strut and eyes now on her, obviously the "my Deen" she'd mentioned. The child, their daughter... chirping away as she skitters beside her father, taking in all the sights. Then...

..."Wheeeee!"

Daughter pounces on mother. Thoee responds with a soft snort, then...

... "Hello, Little One."

... "I's a'nots so little anymores!" She gives her mother a neck-hug.

Meanwhile, Deen gives the interviewer his attentions, stands up on approach, grin still on face.

"Sorry I'm late. Honalee needed to..." Clawed hand cups muzzle, a clear of throat follows... "heh... needed to finish her business." A muffled peep sounds from under his shroudruff. He drops back to all fours, turns to look as he unfurls his shroudruff feathers, exposing a very, very small male child, just awakened. And hungry. Paternal nostrils flare, all four at once, grin turning to a lick between all four nostrils, as if to wipe away their display. But his pride is still there, scenting the air with a musk of vanilla and cinnamon as he turns another apology the interviewer's way.

"Sweetness..." His tail snags the Very Little One off his back. Back on all twos, son in hand... son no bigger than a grown rat... Deen holds him up to the sky. Small, bright, pale green eyes widen on sight of the interviewer, another, louder peep as he wiggles in his father's gentle grip.

... "Peets is all peeved again, Dada!" Honalee hops off mother and bounces over to her 'Dada' in a flash, herself up on twos, reaching towards her brother with little pawhands. Deen skritches his daughter between her ears with the tip of his tail...

... "Your turn to nurse."

Thoee rolls over and accepts their newborn son. And her mate's lick of affection. Opens her mouth, extends her feelerish milk-tongues... Peet latches on to his choice, the other retracts back where it came from. Now free, daughter playing 'bouncy ferret' back to mother, to watch her new brother nurse... wiggle of hips and tail in contrast to her still and intent stare... well, now free, Deen returns his attentions to the interviewer.

Grins, as he settles on his haunches, all fluffed up and charming, totally un-self conscious over his lack of pants...

... "Can I have my turn for questions? I'm loaded and ready to blab...."

Heh. Absolutely no shame, as Thoee just rolls her eyes.......

-----------------------------------

Last edited:

Hearing the question, Christopher cringed-- why did he accept this again? He could just walk away, couldn't he? He sighed, gathering all that was left of his patience and saying, almost monotonously, with a rigid voice:
-"My name is Christopher Watson, I was born and raised in London and, currently, I'm 24 years old. I've been working at the Parahumans Regulation Bureau, in England, as a trainer, for almost five years."
He stopped, expecting the interviewer to ask something else. However, she didn't. She kept quiet, tapping her pen on to the notebook she had in hands, slowly, arrhythmically -- she wanted more. Christopher sighed, once more, a bit more heavily this time. His patience was slowly being drained out by the interviewer's constant stare -- a stare of curiosity, bordering the static state.
-"Christ..." -He looked to his right, avoiding eye-contact- "The past five years of my life have been consistently focused on training, I don't enjoy much else apart from it. Though, when outside the training grounds, I enjoy reading -- mostly strategy and history books." -He looked back at the interviewer, almost if asking with his eyes: "Enough?".

"What is your preferred genre/type of music and why?"

"Music", the memories that word brought aren't too clear to Christopher. He couldn't really label them. Before taking off in a completely alternate line of thought, he inhaled deeply -- answering afterwards:
-"Classic" -He cringed, just slightly- "I'm just more familiar to it, I suppose".

-"Never tried it, and probably never will" -The quick answered made the interviewer smile, sarcastically, almost- "Anything -- I'll eat every edible you put in front of me, I've never been the one to back down food".

"Spirit animal"? Christopher never did give much thought to the subject before -- guess he wasn't really the spiritual type, nor the type to speculate or think about this type of things. He gave the answer some pretty carefree though, before answering:
-"Tsc, I don't know... Is there even a right answer to this?" -He sighed, inpatient, he knew the interviewer wouldn't take silence as an answer, though- "Pf -- an eagle, then. Whatever".

Christopher stayed static to the question, as his heart pounded faster to the question -- almost as if the interviewer knew it would. He swallowed dry, clinching his jaw, and his fist. That's why he never talks about himself: Why would you exhume a haggard corpse, knowing it will haunt you for the next month? Does it sound worth it? Just for curiosity? He tapped his fingers onto his knee.
-"No" -He swallowed dry, again- "I wouldn't change anything".

He sighed: "That's it" -- Christopher thought, standing up, pushing the chair behind him a few feet.
-"Look, I got to go -- training starts in a few minutes, and I can't be late" -Grabbing his jacket out of the chair, he walked away from the room, closing the door behind him with a little bit more force than necessary.

OOC: Well, this was certainty interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me about yourself.

The man, atleast that is what he calls himself, smiles. Rows of needle thin, sharp as daggers teeth. Like some sort of chucky doll or B-Movie demon. "They call me "The Broker". I make things happen. Want someone dead, i got the number to a good assassin. Want to know something about nukes, I can get you in touch with the right person. I make people happen to. I make villains. I create greatness."

Broker smiles again, a twinkle in his eyes. "I play a mean fiddle. So folk and Classic"

"I do like some lovely red wine..."

"A big, hungry, snarling dog. With teeth the size of your liver, and a appatite you cannot sate in this life time."

"Ah. Time travel? I do not mess with that. To many variables"

"My old man is.... A bit of a stiff. Complete control freak."

(I'll be using a character that has been recently adapted to fit a roleplay I'm in now, but I'm using her original form. So if the person participating in the roleplay with her adaptation sees this, know it is not entirely accruate with her current form.)

Xena Bixby entered one of her favorite bars and was greeted by the usual tumult of conversing and drinking. She pulled a paper from her pocket and straightened it out a bit, looking over the text. This was the right place and time. Xena had accepted an offer to be inteviewed in exchange for a few coins and she would never turn up an opportunity to get paid for talking about herself. Approaching a table, she slid into a seat and saw the interviewer before her, awaiting the beginning to this seemingly pointless questioning.

Tell me about yourself.
"What a vague question for one to ask. So I could tell you anything regarding myself? Easy enough. "Xena replied with a light snort. She leaned back in her seat and propped her boots up on the table, crossing her ankles neatly and adjusting her arms so they rested behind her head. "Well, I'm Xena Bixby. Age 19, obviously female. I'm a human, but I'm a witch so I'm no plain jane. I have an array of magical abilities I'm working on, but my primary forms are energy manipulation and telekinesis."she began, looking upwards with those irregular violet eyes of hers as she recalled information she thought would come easier. "I was recently in a coven of fellow witches, but I left because the leader was being a bitch. And now here I am, going where life takes me and doing as I damn well please."she added. Finding those answers to be suffiecnt, she awaited the next question.

What is your prefered genre/type of music and why?
Xena thought for a moment, making a low "hm" sound as she contemplated possible ways to answer this question. "I prefer metal or hard rock most times. It never fails to get me pumped up and usually increases my usual urge to punch someone in the face or something."she said, offering a sly half smile. Xena took a moment to pull a cigarette from her pocket. She placed it in between her teeth and brought a finger up to the end. A small green flame came to life on the end of her finger, making the end of her cigarette a coppery red. Xena shook the flame free from her finger and took a deep inhale before exhaling a cloud of smoke. "Next."she said.

Do you cook? What's your favorite food? (If you don't eat...traditional foods, then what do you eat?)
Xena raised an eyebrow. "These are some random ass questions, but I suppose I'll give you an answer."she commented with another drag from her cigarette. Xena replied with, "I'm not some house maid that goes about in an apron making meatloaf or some shit. I rarely cook and prefer to buy my food already made." She then took a moment to think. What was her favorite food? Xena knew many foods that she enjoyed so she didn't know what to choose. Xena finally responded with, "My favorite food is probably steak. Doesn't matter what kind but I have a rather expensive taste."

If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? Or, if you actually have a spirit animal, tell me about it?
Xena blew a ring of smoke from her mouth idly as she listened to the question. "Well, I can't shift forms yet since I haven't learned yet, but if I had a spirit animal it would probably be a dragon."she replied. Xena looked away for a moment and laughed a bit, thinking over her answer. "I suppose that's a shitty answer since it's as common as a wolf spirit animal, but I can justify my choice. Dragons love destruction and are greedy bastards with a hunger for coins and such. I also like these things. Plus, I can also emit smoke, just with a differed manner."Xena added, blowing out more smoke at the end to further prove her last statement. Maybe this interview wasn't so bad.

Xena laughed at that question, a throaty sound. "If you actually had the misfortune of knowing me personally, you'd never ask that question."she claimed, sitting up a bit and placing her feet back on the weathered wooden floor. Resting her elbows on the table, she added, "I regret none of my decisions." That wasn't really accurate, but Xena would never dar to reveal otherwise.

Xena knew this question stepped more onto personal territory, but she still maintained her almost indifferent demeanor, her cigarette clutched tighter within her jaws. "Ugh, I guess I never had too much of a problem with my folks. My old man was a bit peculiar though, usually keeping to himself in that damn basement. Probably condicting some weird ass experiments and what not. "She answered nonchalently. Then she added, "Are we done yet? Yes? Good. Pay up and I'll be on my way."

An Interview of Nanesh van Galtrik, a Gangra Phallaxi hand-for-hire from the Tortuga Station charp universe.

Tell me about yourself.

"Ask me a question."

"I like what the Terrans call 'Metal'. Really pumps me up for a job."

"No. And meat. I eat meat. Coming from a race of cave-dwelling predators, this is only right. And no, I don't really care where it came from."

"Definitely a snake of some type. Swift, silent, deadly, carnivorous. A snake is willing to eat another creature to survive or get ahead, no matter what it is. Even other snakes."

"No. It'd be pointless. Going back in time and changing something would result in the altering of the future, which means the time you're from never existed in the state you knew it. Because of this, you had no need to go back and change it. If you never change it, it remains the same as before you time time travelled. One of two things happens: Either nothing actually changes, or you create a temporal loop of changing it, deleting the universe you changed, thus deleting the you that changed it, everything going back to quote-unquote normal, and starting again. There is no fighting the will of Fate."

Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator? (Why or why not?

"I'm what we call in my tongue a Podana Arashin, or Bastard of Arashin, Arashin being our race's Father and the top of our pantheon. Being a Bastard of Arashin means I have been forsaken by my Clan, my People, and my Gods. The same for them by me. So no, in every sense of the word."

Last edited:
The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.
The slightly worn and scratched, hollow armor straightens it's back, pointing it's helmet towards the interviewer. "I am Eu-Mag, constructed by archmage Tónlist to rule and protect the kingdom of Audignum." Its voice is deep and direct, and echoes in the inside of the armor.

"Music is our mean of both offense and defense. Our magic is imbued in it. When attacking, music with a specific mood or ambience is preferred. Mainly electronic has managed to capture this so far." A faint glow can faintly be seen from within Eu-Mag's helmet, mostly overrun by the other surrounding light.

"I do not eat, as I do not contain a digestive system. My movements and powers are fueled by Audignums rich mana springs." Its voice was toneless almost robotic, and it sat still.

"The closest animal to my person would be a lion; predestined to rule, a good fighter, and wanting to be more." Despite saying this, it still sat quietly, watching the interviewer.

"Negative. As an eventless life I have lived, not many actions have been regretted."

"Tónlist is my creator, but I am his king. We are on good terms, as is over most of Audignum."

Eu-Mag stood up, his different armor parts bumping into eachother, making a series of clinging noises. "I thank you for the interview, but I have most important manners I must attend." It bowed, then at a leizurely pace made its way outside.

As Lana entered the small room she gazed into the Interviewer eye's, her programming immediately recognized curiosity and excitement and a smile was executed on Lana's face as a response.

"Tea?" asked eagerly the interviewer, Lana politely refused and asked for mineral water instead.

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.

"I am Lana. I am the youngest of four, I never met my brothers, they were discarded before I could hold any physical interaction with them. I was designed as an emotionally capable humanoid android but pronounced faulty because a programming error. After my benefactor's death I was relocated into a government office were I spent all day as a data analyst. A friend helped me escape and now I am a state fugitive."

"My programming error does not allow me to form the algorithms which allow me to emotionalize. But the harp produces a vibration that makes me smile. I wonder if that is what humans define as to like..."

"I have been fully programmed with a wide set of skills like painting, drawing and cooking. I can also accomplish many other tasks which would be pointless to list according to the question posed. My diet is very simple compared to that of humans because of my artificial bio-system, it is comprised of mineral water and simple proteins."

"Artificial beings such as myself are not spiritually programmed, although we can recognize and understand the concept. As for animals I am widely familiar with the domestic kind such as cats"

Lana took a moment to respond while exploring her data base for the keywords time and change "I apologize but it seems I have no sufficient data on the matter. I am unable to process any type of response."

Lana held the freshly poured glass of water on her right hand and as she readied herself to answer the last question, the glass exploded, something about that question had manifested a strange reaction. "I excuse myself, I must have applied to much pressure on the glass... I must go back now, Phillipp could start to worry... Please be mindful about the broken glass, I will call for someone to pick it up. Have good day." Lana stood up and left.

OOC: pointers are much appreciated, I haven't done this in ages ^^U

Tell me about yourself.
"My name is Trevor Dragnorian, formal leader of House Dragnor. You can call me Trevor. And that is ALL you should know about me." Said Trevor with his deep and grave voice, slowly passing his hand through his short beard.

"Music to my ears is the roar of my beloved children, Celea and Almira."

"How could I be a respected Lord without knowing how to cook? It's the most basic of survival knowledge. Not only that, how could I know the needs of my people if I don't know what they need to do to survive each day of their lives?
My favorite food? The best food is the one I can have along my subordinates, making sure everyone can enjoy the feast."

"HA! My beautiful children, of course. Celea and Almira, the most powerful dragons before the great Dragnus. I passed all my knowledge down to them, and I am sure once I die, they will use it to protect and help the next Lord of Dragnor, the same way they did it with me. Well but now I guess I should tell you some background on my children. Well, Celea and Almira were but a pair of eggs (literally) when we found them in the dessert. The mother was close, her corpse was lying at the left of my drake. She was already dead when we found her. We do not know how did she die, we spent weeks looking for traces of hunters or other dragons around, but we found nothing.
Well, after taking Celea and Almira with us, the eggs hatched almost instantly, they were on the back of my drake at that moment, so the first thing they saw when their little heads cracked the egg was my face. Seven years after that, they were sent to one of Dragnor's neutral Families, where they would be educated and trained for four years. They are already back with me, and our connection is stronger than it had ever been."

"Yes, I would. I would have killed that damn Dillarious when I had the chance. House Kragnor is too much of a threat for us now, had I ended his life ten years ago and all of this mattress[shit] would be over."
"Yes. My father was strict, yet fair. He always accepted his faults and tried every day to overcome his limits, he was just a farmer before I became a Lord, but he did not leave this hold him back, oh no sir. He fought that war against Kragnor and received the Drake of Honor before his death. My mother, in the other hand, was a sweet and careful lady, always taking care of me and my father. I could not ask for better persons to take care of someone's raising."

((I brought this character from my personal writing project, Historia.))