Interview with a Character #3

S

Shiny

Original poster
Afternoon_Tea_by_strippysocksrock_zpsf1069f9d.jpg
A dimensional traveler moves through time and space in pursuit of interesting beings. She wants nothing more than to sit down, have a chat, and ask a few questions over tea. She's a simple interviewer.
Why not let her have a chat with your character?

The idea of this is pretty simple. Choose a character of yours and answer the questions the way they would! This could be a good little practice for those trying to get into a character's brainy parts.

Important: Want to use a character you already used for another Interview thread? Well, you can! If you're re-using a character, just skip the first question. Simple, yeah?

Just as before, feel free to add follow-up questions or comments from the Interviewer. Have fun!

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.

What is your preferred genre/type of music and why?

Do you cook? What's your favorite food? (If you don't eat... traditional foods, then what do you eat?)

If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? Or, if you actually have a spirit animal, tell me about it.

If you could go back in time and change anything, would you? (If yes) What would you change?

Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator? (Why or why not?)

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.
Jai smiles broadly at the Interviewer as he throws himself into the chair, draping one leg over the arm. "I think we've actually gone over that a few times. I'm sure you can just put what I said before here. But I'm Jai Kingston and I work for Andrew... I'm an amazing mechanic and a bit of a comics geek." He sticks out his tongue a bit and gives a wave.

He seems to think for a minute, drawing his dangling leg into the chair with him. "I like rock and pop mostly. I'm a happy guy so I like to listen to happy music. I listen to a lot of One Republic, Pink, and stuff like that, you know?" Jai tilts his head, dull brunette hair falling into his tan face. "I like some older music too. Classic rocknroll. It just goes well with the cars. It isn't as fun to dance to though." The grin widens.

Do you cook? What's your favorite food? (If you don't eat... traditional foods, then what do you eat?)
"I can cook! Surprise surprise! Honestly though before I met my cousin Dom I wasn't really good but when I spent time at the Bed and Breakfast he owns, he taught me how to cook." Jai looks at the ceiling, sucking his lower lip between his teeth. "I usually ate salads and stuff ... I'm not big into meat. I mean, I'll eat it but not too often. I like my fruits and veggies. I'm a bit weird like that. I can make an excellent omelet!"

If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? Or, if you actually have a spirit animal, tell me about it.
"A spirit animal? Like...?" Jai looks like a little confused and continues to gnaw on his lower lip, it has faint scars from the variety of abuse he puts it through. "Spiritual animal is a lot different than a favorite... I've been told I'm kinda dog-like and dogs like me... " He shakes his head and exhales heavily, letting his head roll back on the seat. "Uhmmmm. Er. Ahm. Uh. Can Orlando Bloom be my spirit animal? I mean, he's already my favorite mythical beast... Oh! Oh I know!" Jai bounces upright looking excited. "Batman!"

If you could go back in time and change anything, would you? (If yes) What would you change?
That question seems to put a damper on Jai's mood as his eyes widen and then he slouches to one side, looking away from the Interviewer. Strong weathered hands grip the chair arms and he rubs circles in the upholstery with his thumbs. "My Mom got killed in a drive by. I'd like to change that... My Dad died of cancer, so... that too." Jai looks down at the chair and frowns. "Somehow... I'd love to have my parents back. My Mom was amazing and my Dad was too. I really miss them." Jai looks up, his smile a little brittle around the edges. "I'd like to take back a lot of things... I didn't have much money after my Dad died and there was bills and I just couldn't cope with the real world... So I did some bad things. I wish I didn't do them. Sometimes I remember really strongly and I feel... really sick to my stomach. I wish I had gotten help."

Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator? (Why or why not?)
Another question that makes Jai shrink inwards on himself. "Yeah. Of course. I just said I did... Oh you have a script right? Sorry. It's just hard. Yeah. My parents were my heroes. Dad was a mechanic and Mom was a painter... I mean, how cool is that?" Jai fidgets again, dragging his hands over his beat up jeans. Touching his fingers against the bulge of the smart phone in his pocket. "It's surprising Bossman hasn't called me... I should go see how he is..." Jai stands up, eager to leave. "So, uh... Thanks for the interview... It was ..." Jai licks his lips nervously. "Fun-ish." The broad shouldered mechanic turns to leave and smiles back over his shoulder. "Take care of yourself."

Tell me about yourself.

The well dressed man in the interviewee's chair shifts in it, then glances back as if it is impossible to get comfortable in it. The slowly he reached out to wrap his slender, well maintained digits around the handle of a mug of tea and lifts it to his nose, the saucer held beneath the steaming mug as he leans back into the chair a brief flash of irritation appearing on his face over at the cheapness of the furniture.

"I am Andrew, I have a lot of cars and a man-child for a butler. There's not much else to tell. Is this Twinnings?" His vaguely south English accent comes to the fore when he speaks. When his question over the brand of tea goes unanswered he nods slowly to himself, places the saucer down in his lap, polishes his fingernails on his emerald green satin vest and then inspects them. "One of those interviewers. Then let's not waste anymore time."

This question's first response is a raised eyebrow. "Jazz, some classic rock, blues occasionally, and of course classical. I like to build my environments as much as possible and they just suit the atmosphere I try to create."

"I don't need to cook, I have an immature man-child to do it for me, or I can order in. Favorite foods... anything without onion in it. Vile ghastly weed."

Andrew frowns and looks down at the tea, wondering if he's stumbles into the liar of a hippie who might have added something to the drink. Then with a forced smile he placed it back on the table and leans back into the chair. "I don't believe I would have one at all. I have a cat but other that that I haven't really thought about animals a lot. I guess if you forced me to pick one it would the chimp I call a butler." a thin smile spreads across his lips as he waits for the next question, his hands folded and resting in his lap.

The wavers but remains defiant. "Nothing, I have everything I could possibly and spend my time doing whatever I like. I never did anything to earn that but some people are born luckier than others. I just happened to have an iridium spoon in my mouth. Moving on."

At this question the smile vanishes instantly and Andrew sits dumbfounded. Then his hand goes to his chest where he pulls off the lapel microphone and leaned forwards to put it on the table. Then with his hands on the arm rests he pushes himself to his feel and adjusts his collar. "This interview is over, have a pleasant evening."

Tell me about yourself.

"Hm..." The young, cyber punk woman slouches in the chair, tapping her fingers against the wooden arm rest. She seems deep in thought, trying to decide what information would be relevant and would be considered too personal. "I guess I should start off with my name, Ariana Clever, though my friends call me Aries. I am an only child and I go to the local high school. They make us wear these weird uniforms and put stress on gender roles. It's quite annoying actually. Not that I'm not feminine or anything, but there's more to a woman than being feminine, ya know?"

"Depends on my mood I guess. Otherwise I listen to anything with a good beat and a little meaning behind the lyrics." Ariana smirks a bit and crosses her legs, propping her chin in the palm of her hand, her elbow now resting on the arm of her chair. "Though, I do find myself going back Hollywood Undead music. They make great party songs but also depressing ones. Some are just the reality of life and others are there as a means of expression. You can't find many bands like that these days."

Ariana sits up with a wide grin. "I tried getting into cooking back in the economics class in Junior High, but it's just not my thing." She crosses her arms and seems to adopts an air of arrogance. "Give me something where the only instructions being preheating the oven to a certain temperature and I'm all over it like Betty Crocker!"

Ariana looks confused, cocking her head to the side and looking at the interviewer like she had grown another head. "So, uh... are you asking about those strange spirit guide thingys? I don't know much about them really." She frowns and seems to give the subject some more thought. "I guess an otter or something. Something that looks cute and cuddly until it takes down an adolescent crock. if it gets too hungry!" She grins, mischief dancing in her grey-blue eyes. "I kid you not, I watched a documentary on that!"

Ariana looks quizzical, resuming her tapping on the arm chair. "We all have our secrets and our regrets, but I can't think of anything that didn't lead to something good or had to happen for the sake of something else, ya know?" She crosses her arms and slouches. "It's like that yin-yang thing the Chinese believe in. If something bad happens, there's gotta be some good that comes out of it, right? Even if you don't realize it. Then again, the same thing goes for something good that happens. It's a delicate balance I guess, and who am I, an underground/high school attendee, to change that? That's bad luck right there."

Ariana straightens up and smiles broadly; finally, something she didn't have to think too hard about! "Yeah, my mom and I have a pretty good understanding of each other. It's my father who sent me to that bland high school. Not because he want me to be more feminine or fit into some stereotype or something, but because he wants a good education for me, and I respect that." She stands and stretches, her thick heeled boots giving her another three to her height. "Not that I'm not having fun or anything, but I gotta run. I know someone who knows someone who's throwing a rave tonight and I gotta go if I don't want to miss it. See ya around, miss! And may fortune favor you, or however that goes." She winks before taking her leave.

Last edited:
Fala walked into the room. It seemed peaceful enough, but she was on high ends today. She hadn't had her daily fix of smack just yet and was a bit distraught. Either way, she sat down on the chair, her knees close together and her hands resting on her thighs. She raised an eyebrow when the interviewer finally commenced the questioning. Why am I even doing this..? she thought for a brief moment as she took a sip of tea as the woman began.

The Interviewer asks:

Tell me about yourself.

Fala wiped some of her long bleached blonde hair away from her right eye and spoke up, answering the woman. "Well, I'm a girl," she stated plainly. Thinking to herself for a second, she continued "obviously. I'm seventeen right now. The name's Fala Pagely! However, call me Crow. I'm a former band lead singer. I broke away from those losers though.." Fala trailed off, her tone becoming dark.
"Anyways," she resumed "I was in a band, yes, had always wanted to be as a child. But then it happened.. And. Well..." Fala stopped talking. She took another sip of the tea before once again continuing on.
"Well, I like smoking and smack. I've always been one to be known as an idiot. Not common sense-wise, more intellectually. I may be in the tenth grade, however the teachers are always complaining about my seventh grade level IQ, or whatever. Like I care." Fala shook her head, finishing up her cup of tea. She stared down at the tea glass before grabbing a napkin on the table and ripping a large portion off, putting the piece into her mouth and eating it.
"I guess people think I'm a bit off too," she told the interviewer with a full mouth "like people can't get over my eating habits, drug habits, and just habits of life. But f*ck them right? Psh people also always go on about the times I laugh. They say I laugh at inappropriate times! How the hell was I supposed to know that laughing at my grandmother's wake up at her body that I shouldn't have burst out laughing at the way they positioned her hands and then the way the people spoke about her? Huh?" Fala laughed to herself and swallowed the napkin piece, lowering her eyes at the thought of her laughing disgracefully during the funeral and wake. A frown crossed her face, knowing she'd well laughed on purpose. Knowing she just needed something to laugh about, no matter the circumstances.
"Next question?" she demanded not wanting to waste any time.

Fala smiled at this question. It was as if this question were meant for her.
"I personally prefer heavy metal, rock 'n roll, screamo, and some alternative rock" she counted off on her fingers. She sat there silently before realizing she hadn't finished answering the woman's question.
"Oh hey sorry! Right why I like that kind of music! Well, for one I sing--sang-- heavy metal and screamo. For another those kinds of songs get to me. You know how a song can seem like it's the only thing that understands you and the way you are? Well those songs just get to me like that." Fala paused looking back at the interviewer.
"Ah, never mind what am I saying? You wouldn't understand. Go on with the questions..."

Fala let out an overly obnoxious laugh, basically a loud fake one at that. "Well if you just paid attention I finished eating the napkin!" Fala pointed out as she shoved the remaining napkin that lay on the table into her mouth. She grimaced at the dryness and let out a hoarse cough.
"Ah, a bit dry!" She complained pouring herself more tea.
"Back on track though, I don't really cook too much. It's a waste of money. I'd much prefer just going out into the courtyard at my apartment complex and eating the flowers. Grass is alright. And I have resorted to eating some of my furniture too. Hell, who wants to waste money on food right? Bad enough I'm wasting it all on cigs and smack!" Fala laughed once again. She drank up the tea in her cup again and went on to answering her question again.
"Well, I do eat the cigarette butts! They do cause some pain later on, but nothing that's gotten me in the hospital...Errr.. Well that's gotten me to the ICU or ER, that is!" Fala cackled to herself falsely. She took a bite out of her tea cup, cutting her upper lip in the process, but chomped down and swallowed the glass pieces.
"See I read somewhere that what I can do is called Matter Consumption or other. It's like I can eat anything without recoil. Load of bullcrap that is. I read that and proceeded to eat some stuff I probably shouldn't have and ended up sick for two weeks. Ha! Can you believe it?" Fala paused to see if the interviewer was going to respond, however Fala didn't give her any time to "No? Well whatever. Next!!"

Fala curiously leaned her chair backwards, sucking on her upper lip where it'd been sliced. She smacked her lips before answering.
"Spirit animal? Probably a shark!" She exclaimed ferociously. Well, as ferociously as a thin, sickly appearing teenager could.
"I'm, serious though, those things take bites out of all sorts of stuff and just keep swimming!" Fala took a short moment to think over her answer. Maybe a shark had been an incorrect animal. Fala shrugged.
"Whatever, I think so anyways. Next please!"

Fala rolled her eyes at the next question and tipped her chair back further. So much so that she stumbled backwards and fell off the chair. She let out a yell when it happened and she pulled herself off that floor as best as she could. She saw the woman begin to move, but Fala waved her arm in dismissal at her. After getting back up on the chair, Fala crossed her arms over her chest, concealing the fact she was so shaky at the time.
"I might... have changed bleaching my hair," Fala pulled a few locks of her hair lightly, remembering the originally black color, "and have never started that stupid band! It's their idiotic fault! I wouldn't be like this if it weren't for them!" Fala's voice rose angrily, thinking back to when she'd been in her band. Sure they'd been big hits, but they were basically one hit wonders. With only two albums out, no one would remember their existence. Sure people would occasionally recognize Fala and approach her, but that'd only earn them a good yelling or even a punch to the face. Sometimes Fala's reactions to eager fans had gotten her into some deep trouble, but she came out alive...barely.
"I hate those bastards. Screw 'em. I hope they burn in hell for all they've done to me. Continue.." Fala lowered her head.

Fala glanced back up at the kind woman before her once again. She'd been so tolerable with this interview. Fala vaguely wondered if any of the other interviewees had been so annoying as herself. Or as obnoxious and angry about things.
"My parents, hmm?" Fala spoke. "Well, they do care for me. I mean they've never hit me, really. But considering I'm an only child that explains a lot too. Well, not really. They never had time for me as a kid. They mainly left me with babysitters and such. They do love me, but I think they dislike me at the same time. Laughing at grandmother's wake and funeral. Failing grades. Dropping out and going into a band. Ha. I haven't been home in years." Fala bit into the teacup again, earning her several more cuts.

"Well miss, I hope you enjoyed this interview, because I didn't. Have a good one. Don't get addicted to stuff like me either. You seem more likely to have a better future than myself. Probably working for some big wig at a famous company or something fancy. You'll probably find me working at a fast food restaurant. If you visit them, which I doubt. So, later." Fala stood up uneasily and turned away from the woman.
"Until next time, though I doubt it..." Fala shook her head, fixing her deep pink, mid-waist over jacket and then sticking her hands into her pitch black leather skinny jeans. Her heeled boots clicked against the floor as she left the peaceful sanctuary.

The interviewer sat back finishing up the notes for this interview. Odd people I've seen today... However, each one very different and unique in their own way. Odd yet unique... she thought sorting through the other various people who'd come for the interview. She cleaned up the half eaten tea cup and replaced it with a new, clean one. She filled it with fresh tea and awaited her next interviewee.

Wow, that sure did take a long time! I could feel my hours wasting away! Haha however I really do love these things! This one seemed good or my character Fala! Ciao my good people! Till the next one!

• Love
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Tell me about yourself.
This is sad, really. Your lifetimes are so short, it makes you brash, abrasive even. But if you insist... I'm Lyigar. I like experiencing things. There's nothing I don't like really - oh wait, that is a lie. I don't like wasting words. There is nothing you can't deduce by looking at me - but then again, chances are you're having a hard time seeing me... Oh well.

I love what you people call "traditional mid-oriental music". They really were apt at simulating the song of the universe. They've dropped it a lot, though; the Chinese look too busy growing food for your sad, sad world, and the Japanese are too busy working on pettiness. You people should really slow down. You live like maniacs and then wonder why you die early...

Why would I cook? You people offer me more food than I can eat every year! My favorite ones are the copper coins though. Bronze ones taste wierd... I wish I could snap in two the one who thought it was a good idea to put coal in the iron coins. Do you have any idea how bitter coal is?

The sound of claws scratching some scales was heard. Why do you people always assume that because I talk I'm not an animal? Actually, that's one thing that amuses me. Why do you assume YOU are not animals? I've seen you people since your births. And I can guarantee you that there's nothing different about you. You just like pretending there is. Even amongst yourselves. You are all the same, and you're all animals. Just enjoy that fact.

What tells you I haven't?

I'd say we're on good terms. He gave me a bag of copper coins in two years.

• Love
Reactions: Shiny
Tell me about yourself.
My name is Leslie Cole, I just graduated college and started a new job as a desk secretary at a local Magazine. Eventually I'd like to be an Editor. I'm currently hunting for a new apartment in the city, but I'd really prefer living somewhere outside of town in a big house with a nice yard.

I don't think I could pick just one favorite genre of type... I always think I favor one thing, then the next week I am in love with a whole new style or sound. I just love and appreciate music.

Cook... experiment... it's all the same to me. I'm not sure what I do in the kitchen could be considered cooking, but I can definitely promise it comes out edible. I don't tend to follow recipes. My favorite kind of food would probably be Greek. Serve up anything you can eat with your hands and I'll love it.

This is a fun question! I had to think about it for a bit. My spirit animal would probably be the snowy white egret or heron. Not sure why I've always loved them, but they are very beautiful and elegant birds!

Sometimes I wonder and think about things I might change, but in the end I decide not to. All of these events in our lives, good or bad, kinda shape who we are and how we got to the present. I might not always be happy with myself, but I love where my life is going. I wouldn't want to change that.

When my mother was alive, she was probably the closest person in my life. It was just me, her, and my step dad for a long time. Uhm, I haven't seen my step-dad since Mom's funeral and I'd rather not talk about that. On to the next interviewee!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shiny
Tell me about yourself.

"I am Shardis a snow leopard felleon of the land Pegulis of Sunnepheia...." She puffs up in pride and then looks at the interviewer in a puzzled manner and deflates a bit as the fellow waves her on to say more. Shar begins hesitantly, "Uhh.... I am covered in white fur with spots and have a long tail..." The interviewer smacks his forehead and moans while shaking his head then whispers. No no not that, tell them about what you do there... He waves at her again and nods in an expectant but hurried way... "Oh! I am an in field archaeologist and I look for artifacts from the great Cataclysm." She nods and smiles.

"Hmm... I am not sure what all that means but I like it when the minstrels sing a rousing good song of the old ways and he plays the pipes or maybe the lute." She smacks her knee and laughs out loud (and we do mean loud)

"Noooo I prefer my food raw, Medwick has a passion for burning good flesh before devouring it. He likes it 'cooked' to the point you can't even tell what animal it came from!" Her eyes go wide and she holds her hands up and out then drops them to her knees in disgust. She looks up and quickly amends her words, "I do like 'deserts' though!"

"Oh you mean my aenigmae, Garthon. I call him Garth for short. I didn't let him come today or he would have made a mess of things. He is quite the joker." Her ears go back flat against her head and her eyes narrow a bit at the thought. "He is a small blue dragon of approximately eight feet tall and a length of almost 15 feet from tip of snout to end of tail. His wing span is 25 feet wide and he is thin and built for speed. Garth has deep blue-green eyes that sparkle when he laughs. He has a silver metallic sheen and an ice blue aura that matches my eye color." She smiles and doesn't notice the interviewer checking his watch for the time.

She gets serious quickly and says, " I would keep my parents from going on that ill fated dig that took their lives. They didn't need to die like that. They were too young, they had a lot of living to do yet..."

"I did...I miss them alot" She fiddles with one of her nails as she holds her hands in her lap. "Is that it then, I would like to leave now please." Shardis stands up and walks off the stage.

Having been given her answer, the Interviewer slowly returned to her notepad. A strange hush hung in the air, as if the weight of what had been said had stolen the voice of the land, stunning everything into silence. She waited as Lyth returned to his spot on the glider. For all the tension surrounding him, the man looked as cheerful as ever, hands pressed against the flat front of the soaring machine. "Well, anymore questions?"

"Tch, you have a dangerous habit of dancing between boring and personal questions." The blonde's voice was flat, a dangerous tone for one who's mood was so violent. "But I suppose if I had to choose a favourite... It'd be the choirs of Tae Ra." A bitter smile touched his lips. "Heh, I suppose that would be a part of my homesickness. I don't need to threaten you a third time for this."

A small laugh broke through the tension around the area, a strangely true laugh that brought light and ease back into the land, despite the edge of manic in its sound. "I don't have the time to cook. Always on the move, killing someone or other." The blonde thought a moment, biting his lip gently. "I suppose my favourite food would be pasta. Any kind of pasta is great, but white garlic sauce tastes best."

"A spirit what now?" confusion set into red eyes as he waited for the interviewer to clarify. A bored sigh hissed through his teeth as she explained what she meant. "Really? You remember what happened the last time you asked about animals, yeah?" A hand ran through his blond hair, another sigh passing his lips. "I really don't know, and I don't really care what animal anyone thinks represents me." Catching that this topic was done, the Interviewer hurried to the next question.

Lyth went still for a moment, his eyes moving from the Interviewer to the ground as he gave the question some serious thought. "No. No, I wouldn't change anything from my past." His smile returned in full force. "I mean, some of it sucked, sure. But it was the most fun I've ever had."

Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator? (Why or why not??)

The answer was quick, and said without a hint of mirth. "If my father ever sees me again, the reunion is likely to end up in a bloody fight between us." He gave a small shrug of his shoulders. "So no, we don't have the best relationship. I mean, the one kindness he gave me was banishment over death." He leant back, eyes cast up. "It's my own fault. I caused a lot of trouble back at home that permanently damaged any relationship we might have had."

• Love
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Tell me about yourself.

Well, I used to be human until the devil stole my family from me. I sold my soul for them. I was transformed into this demon form, never to turn back to my regular body. When I returned home, my family treated me as if I were a monster, so, I went to the BPRD to take over their main investigator after Hellboy left. Not even a day went by when my best friend and the man I consider to be my brother, Mitchel von Hugh, came around and saved me. If I'd been human today, I would be around ninety years old, turning ninety one. But demons age differently; I'm twenty four years old in demon years. So, I told you about myself.

I really love rock and roll and metal. Simply because they suit my lifestyle. Kind of obnoxious but hardcore and meaningful.

Do I cook? No. I've been a terrible cook even when I was a human. My favourite dish? Oh that is a hard one, kind of a food slut. I guess I'd have to say Gyros.

Probably a wolf. Because people think that they are bad animals, and go out of their way to hurt them, when they aren't bad at all. And you need an animal that can relate to you to guide you, you know?

What I did. I never knew that my family would openly deny that they had a son, and I wish I'd made a better decision. I mean, I knew my family had a darker side to them after they told my sister to leave because she was pregnant, but this was something different. Imagine everything that you knew, all those who you loved, have denied that you ever existed to the point where you question all of your memories.

No. when I was just turned into a demon, I used to sit up late at night crying and wondering why my family hated me so much, even after what I did for them. And as for 'god', I can't believe in a god that wages war on his own 'children'. He's proved that we are pawns in a silly game of his.

Reactions: Silent4everBeatless
Leon looked towards the window, the sun would soon set. "I should have time for some more questions, do you have any more?" He asked curiously and looked towards the interviewer.

I don't mind music, but I prefer the sound of the sea, the waves against the ship. It relaxes me. Without it I would have to be on the go for new adventures every second. The sea can calm my desires down a notch, and let my men rest for some days, so that's the only music I need.

I cooked a bit as a kid, mostly since I were an orphan. No one cooked for me. I simply cooked what I had, since I didn't have much money I mostly bought bread, and once I had the money to buy things that I could cook into something it didn't turn out very good. But it was better than nothing. Now a days the cooking is left to the ships chef. He's an amazing cook, and he can make the most disgusting food become something wonderful.

A spirit animal? I don't know much about those, but some of my men have spoken about spirit animals and said that mine probably would be a lion. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I fought a lion on Keina Island once.

I would have made sure that I didn't leave Nicholas all alone six years ago. I wouldn't have tried to take him with me but... I would have made sure that he at least was left in good hands before I left.

My parents left me when I was newborn and the person that adopted me died when I was seven, I don't remember her at all. It was first when I turned fifteen that I would say that I got a guardian again. The captain on the ship I joined taught me everything he knew, and more. In the end of his life he had become like a father to me.

Aisha and Archer had gone back into the room after having been forced to separate for an hour or so. Finally they were ready to continue with the interviewer.

"I'm not too fond of music actually. Though I do enjoy street performers sometimes if they do some happy melody that just makes a bad day feel blown away by the notes. But overall I'm not too much of a music person. Maybe because it reminds me of dancing and.... I'm not fond of dancing... At all. Don't ask about it." Aisha answered before taking a nervous sip on her tea before realizing that it was incredibly cold after she had left it for an hour. She moved the cup away and made a mind-note to herself not to try to drink it again.
"Surprise surprise, I'm a fan of classical music. I know, it must be a shock to hear, but it's true. I love classical music. It soothes the body and soul and you'll feel at peace with yourself. It's perfect to have in the background when you're in the middle of killing someone." Archer answered harmonically. Aisha's head turned to look at him, for a second with an asking expression, but it fast faded as she realized that she didn't want to know.
"Next question please."

"I'm a quite good cook if I can say so myself. Sure I don't use my techniques too often as I usually am in places where I don't have the means to cook for myself and need to buy food instead. But it has happened that I've lived in nature for weeks or months and cooked with the simplest of things. A fire, a bucket, water and ingredients from nature itself." Archer said with an almost proud smile.
"Can everyone except me cook?" Aisha asked slightly upset.
"And this is why you'll never get married." Archer smiled innocently.
"My favorite food is lasagna. My mother made the most amazingly good lasagna when I were a kid. Nothing compares to it. " She said, ignoring Archer.
"Personally I like something simple. An omelette is good enough for me. Of course it has to be done on a Ostrich egg. Only the best for my buddy." Archer said and patted his stomach happily.

"I don't know, I've never looked up those things." Aisha told the interviewer.

"You're definitely a sheep. Vulnerable, weak and innocent." Archer laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Shut up... I'm at least a panda. Gentle strength, peaceful and with a positive outlook on life."
She disagreed with him.

"So you did look it up." He countered. "How do you know about pandas either way? Have we even discovered Asia yet?"

"Hey, if you can talk about an undiscovered continent which we shouldn't know of yet, then so will I!"

"Fine by me. I think my spirit animal is Coyote. It adapts easily, is playful, and has a paradoxical nature."

"The past is in the past. We shouldn't try to change it. Who knows what could happen if we did." Archer answered with some of the few wise words to ever come out of his mouth.
"There's only one thing I would change. I would make sure that I were there for Tal when he needed me as a child, so that he wouldn't have to run away. I would have made sure to help him through those times so that maybe he wouldn't have become someone that does what he does today."
"You mean kill people?"
Archer asked.

"They don't have to know that."
Aisha said irritated.

"I'm fairly certain we mentioned both me and him being assassins before."
Archer shrugged.

"Well we had a fairly good relationship when they died when I were thirteen. My master was also a pretty good guardian until he got killed on the job some years ago." Archer shrugged, not caring much for those trivial matters.

"Oh Archer... I never knew. Do you need a hug? If you talk about it it might feel better." Aisha said, feeling incredibly sorry for him.

"NO! Just answer the question." For once it was Archer's turn to back away. Aisha was slightly confused by that, but did as she was told.

"I have a very good relationship with my father, he understands me and listens to me. Though his job takes up most of his time so we didn't get the chance to talk much when I lived at home. My brother is okay, we fight like brothers and sisters do, but we have our moments of peace. And with my mom.... Well, it's complicated. Sometimes she's really nice, but sometimes she gets these episodes when she becomes a completely different person and suddenly she might attack me. She's quite scary sometimes." Aisha replied before realizing that Archer was sitting next to her. "Don't ever mention the thing about my mother to Tal." She warned him. "I mean it."

(Continuation of Tal, sans Kellen)

Without Kellen in the room Tal seemed much more like his relaxed, gregarious self and had finally taken a seat on the couch, though pointedly not on the end Kellen had sat. "Well, I am not exceptionally picky. What I listen to depends on my mood at the time, though I am not a particularly big fan of music. It all tends towards romance or equally sappy things." He pursed his lips together in distaste. "Classical or folk would probably be my preference then. Or Metal." He grinned, amused at his not joke.

"I don't really cook." Tal admitted with a sigh. "I would like to learn at some point, as it seems like a valuable skill to have but I haven't ever had both the time and inclination together. Of course...my favorite food..." He smiled wide and his golden eyes flashed, lighting the room briefly. "Well I don't need blood but that would probably be my favorite food." He paused for a moment before shrugging. "Of course that is just demonic cravings talking, don't mind them. My favorite human food would be curry, pickled, deviled eggs. And isn't that a mouthful?" Of course, his mind went southwards as it was inclined to do. "Of course there are other mouthfuls I enjoy as well, if you know what I mean." He added with a sly grin.

"A spirit animal?" Tal blinked a few times, somewhat bemused by the question. "Er well technically I think mine is actually a demon. But ignoring that if I were a normal person...I don't know that there are any animals in the world confused enough to be my spirit animal. Perhaps one of those mixed mythical ones? A gryphon maybe?" He nodded to himself before smiling brightly. "Yes, I think a gryphon would do nicely."

Tal's amused expression darkened immediately. "Everything? Nothing? Who knows how things would have turned out if I changed something? There are a few things I would. Some days I wish I just hadn't been born, or at least not like this. But when I let go of the guilt laid upon me for the majority of my teenage years I find myself reveling in my demonic heritage, so I wouldn't really want that. And the other events in my life that precipitated me letting go, while not great to remember, have led me to who I am now. And aside from when Aisha confuses the matter, I am quite content with who I am now. If I were to change anything..." He sighed and glanced down at the arm of the couch.

"I would probably have myself not return to my hometown. Or have me simply shut the door in Aisha's face. She hasn't even been in my company for a month yet and she has already been kidnapped. For bonus points, she's also now run straight into an even more dangerous and thorny problem!"
He growled softly in frustration and rubbed his face. "But I'm sure you already got that impression from all my sniping at Kellen." He spat the man's name out. "Anyway, on to less depressing and/or annoying questions?"

"Seriously?" Tal exclaimed with exasperation, rolling his eyes. "That is not less depressing or annoying!" He put a hand on the side of his head and rested in on the arm of the couch. He then let out yet another heavy sigh. "Well then, let's start with the not great one and move on to the decent one. My mother, who I unfortunately greatly resemble, hates my guts. She doesn't like that I almost killed her precious Ari in the womb, though it is hardly my fault that growing half demons don't share in the womb very well. She also isn't very fond of me being what I am and the results of my temper growing up. Now my father." His hand drifted down to gently rub the pommel of his sword and he looked a bit distant.

"I would say I mostly have a good relationship with my father. Aside from the fact that he trained me to be a knight and I ran off to be an assassin instead."
His face lit up with dark humor. "If you ignore the copious amounts of parental disapproval from that, we get along fairly well. We both love the art of sword play and spent more hours than you want to hear about bonding over that. Since my mother hated me it was only natural I would gravitate towards my father, who was far more understanding on my issues in general." He couldn't quite conceal the hint of longing that passed over his face. "It was nice when I was younger, but now I am so distant from them both it doesn't even matter, really."

Paris stepped in to the room after having taken a quick phone call. "I'm sorry for that, the job never ends. Now where were we?"

"What is your preferred genre/type of music and why?"
"I don't listen much to music. But on the rare occasions I do, I prefer something calm that I can easily relax to." He replied and took a sip on his tea before he continued. "I just enjoy to relax after a long day of studies and work. Upbeat music destroys my chances of a good nights sleep."

"Do you cook? What's your favorite food? (If you don't eat... traditional foods, then what do you eat?)"
He covered his mouth as a laugh escaped him. "Forgive me. I've just never gotten such a question before." Paris fast collected himself and continued. "No, I do not cook. I'm quite certain that the staff would get a heart attack if they found me in the kitchen. As for my favorite food, I do love waffles. Very simple dish I know, but sometimes the simplest things are the best."

"If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? Or, if you actually have a spirit animal, tell me about it."
"I'm not very well read on spirit animals, but my cousin has been obsessed with reading about it for some time. She told me once that I fitted perfectly in on the description of a deer. I'm not sure what to think about that though. I would have preferred an eagle or a wolf. But what can you do?" He shrugged his shoulder and chuckled slightly.

"If you could go back in time and change anything, would you? (If yes) What would you change?"
"I don't think I would. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. All actions has consequences. Who knows. If I did change something, it might lead to me not being born. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it." Paris laughed slightly and let the interviewer continue.

"Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator? (Why or why not?)"
For that question, the prince had to think about it for a little while. "Mother and I have a good relationship I guess. She doesn't have much time for me considering the work and the amount of people the queen have to take care of every day, but when we do have the time to talk we usually have a good time together. Father is very quiet and doesn't speak much, but we have a fairly good relationship too. The only obstacle really is time."

Sasha Keren

"What? You again?" The blonde rolls his eyes. "Did you not get enough out of the last two interviews? Ugh.. Look, just make this quick alright?"

"I can't say specifically that I have a favorite type or genre of music. I listen to different kinds. But, if I had to pick only one, it would likely be soft rock. I can appreciate a heavy bass guitar, but the lyrics are typically more relatable than that of, say, rap. At least, to me. Then, I find that I frequently listen to the Alternative genre. It has all different kinds of sounds to it."

"Yes, I do cook. I have a little box of recipe cards that my mother gave me before I left for college. It's full of many different dishes and styles like Italian, Greek, even some French. My favorite food is coffee. Okay, that's not really a food, but I must go through like three pots of coffee a day. Maybe Tiramisu, since it's made with coffee. I like most any food that's quick to prepare if I cook it. Besides that, it's anything that doesn't have mushrooms. I can't stand mushrooms."

"Ah, I think I read about something like this in philosophy. Let's see.. I suppose it depends on what kind of specific philosophy or culture you go by though, for there are many different types of spirit animals and even similar ones can have different meanings. Perhaps a Blue Heron for self-reflection and self-reliance, or in another culture the Crane for solitude and independence. When I think about it, it would undoubtedly be the Coyote. He's the prankster and represents insight, playfulness, clowning and humor, and perhaps sarcasm."

"Hm.. If I could go back in time and change anything, it would be my father's murder. Or maybe, I would stop the District Attorney from pleading out the son of a bitch who killed him for lesser charges, and without parole."

"Er.. Well, to be perfectly honest, no. The relationship between my parents and I kind of went sour when I was a kid. I mean, how can you possibly have a relationship with someone you hardly ever see? You can't. My mother and I still communicate every so often, but we're estranged at best."

Last edited:
-Continuation

Vincent notices that the interviewer is continuing to scribble in her pad, so he lets his previous question drop. It was a lie anyway, while he was very busy most of the time, this was not one of those days. He watches her as she replaces his cup with one that wasn't being used as an ashtray, pouring him another tea. A light smile touches his lips when he sees her complete her task, drawing yet another cigarette from his shirt pocket and lighting it. "At least the tea's free" he thought with a chuckle, shaking his head slightly and relaxing in the back of his chair.

He looks at her intently, a perplexed look shadowing his face as if it's the first insightful question he's heard. He takes a drag, never dropping his deep blue gaze from her. "Jazz." he says finally, ashing his cigarette and softening his gaze "Once upon a time, I used to play the upright bass. I was actually pretty good at one point and I had a lot of fun doing it. But life quickly set my priorities straight, I wasn't afforded the luxury of sitting around all day making music. Corinthians 13:11 'When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things' " he said, pausing briefly before tipping his head back and laughing out loud. Tears in his eyes, he puts up his hand with the lit cigarette, motioning as if he was trying to stop himself, while still uncontrollably letting out little guffaws, shaking his head theatrically back and forth "I'm sorry for that little outburst. Next."

"Cook? In this day in age?" he looked at her confused, bringing his tea cup to his lips "Why the hell would I cook? I eat whatever I need to to survive, placing 'favorites' on such trifles is a waste of time" he said, the genuine look of confusion still riddled on his brow, as if the concept was outrageous "Next."

He gave her a condescending smile, taking a large drag of his cigarette and this time, ashing on the floor next to him. He places the index finger of his free hand to his head, motioning the gesture "think" "Next."

"Having regrets in life in the single most depressing folly man exhibits" he says bitterly, not making eye contact this time and staring off into space. He allowed himself to think about what events have transpired recently and then blocks those thoughts out all together, with a visible shake of his head as if they'd fall out of his ears. "Next."

"My parents were very kind to me while they were still alive. My mother was a good woman, a good caretaker. My father was strong, blue-collared, very honorable. I have no ill will toward them, they always did the best they could with the limited resources they had" he said casually, as if it was recited, or he was reading it out of a book; tone, bland. He looked down at the watch that was on his wrist, making a sour look when he realized it stopped.

Tell me about yourself.

The raven-haired girl rolls her eyes and frowns. "Well, alright." She takes a deep breath, even though she doesn't really need to to begin with. "My name is Beta. I'm an android, designed to aid scientists in research. But I don't give a damn about it, really. My real passion lies in chaos.

"Mrs. Brandy used to listen to a lot of classical music, and me and Alpha really enjoyed listening to them." She gives an anxious sigh. "We'd even dance to it sometimes. I really miss her."

Beta rolls her eyes again. "Did you not hear me? I'm a robot. Robots don't eat." She gives a flick of her wrist to motion the interviewer to continue. "Next question, please."

She places a finger on her lips, appearing in deep thought. "Hmm... Probably a wolf. Wolves stick close to each other like I stuck close to Alpha. They're also known to be vicious when protecting themselves and others.

Beta gazes off into the distance. "Yeah... Yeah, I suppose I would. I'd go back and stop myself from destroying the research facility. Maybe then I'd still know if Alpha was alive or not." She shakes her head a few times, as if that will get rid of the memory. "Next question, please."

"I consider Mrs. Brandy my true parent. The other scientists can kiss my ass. She was always nice to me and Alpha, never once treating us like we were freaks of nature."

She glances at the clock, and her eyebrow raises slightly. "Well, damn. It looks like we're out of time. I suppose it was nice talking with you. For a human, you don't seem that judgmental. Maybe we'll see each other again, even."

Tell me about yourself.
Cole looks directly at the interviewer and shuffles in his seat. "I'm a hybrid of a Nøkken and a Selkie. I now work as a Cnsulting Detective."

He pulled a face of confusion. "I don't really listen to music, but my violin? What type of music is that?"

"Cooking? I eat tuna from cans. That's my favourite."

"Well, a horse? Or a seal? Both of them, I can transform into them both." He couldn't decide between the two, so why not both?

"No, my life has been perfect." He gave a sheepish smile.

"Sure they have! I love my mother and my father."

Tell me about yourself.

My name is Michael Haghn, I'm a soldier, commander, husband and father. A ton of hats I wear. I'm immortal, I forgot when I became an archangel what age I was, guess it doesn't really matter. Then I fell because I refused to follow Heaven's orders. Founded my group, the Black Aces, fought a war with Heaven, won, and put them out of the peacekeeping buisness.

What is your preferred genre/type of music?

Rock, mainly. Classic, and some of the newer stuff. I grew up with Linkin Park and Nickelback, and the classics, Guns and Roses, AC/DC, all that. Recently I've taken a liking to instrumentals and symphonies.

Do you cook? What's your favorite food?

Actually, I can. I'm best over a barebaque, or open fire, but I can whip up a pretty good meal when I have to. Picking a favorite is hard, snake is up there, cooked in the field over an open fire... James Buck's crab, doused in Corona as it is, and Ally's bacon, I have to steal that recipie sometime.

I haven't really given that much thought. It's either a gyrfalcon or a wolf. Falcon... My first military job was as a pilot, before I was talent hunted into Task Force Black, and the gyrfalcon is the symbol of the Air Force. A wolf because that's basically what I am, loyal to my own, and viscous to all other threats.

If you could go back in time and change anything, would you?

I could, if I wanted to. But I don't, if I screwed with the past, the Butterfly Effect could change everything.

What would you change if you did?

Stop my parent's murder.

Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents/guardian/creator?

I did, until I came home one day to find them dead. I avenged them, and that's all I have to say.

Tell me about yourself...
"Hmm..." Noxel the Necromancer thought long and hard. The first question is always the hardest.
" Well I, like most shades, can't remember my past life too well, but I began my 'life' in Limbo were I mastered and perfected necromancy. I mean bringing something back too life as they were, perfectly. I then traveled to the over world to aid those in need. I now travel by carriage around the world, providing my services to all that won't murder me for what I am."

What is your preferred type of music
"Classical. I can't stand music nowadays were it's just some loon screaming into a microphone."
Do you cook? What's your favorite food?
"No, never could, never will. Ahh yes. I no-longer need food, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy
good cooking. I can't say no to a plate of pasta and some strong spirits on the side."

If you had a spirt animal what would it be? Or if you do tell me about it.
"A sloth. Moving on."
If you could go back in time and change anything what would it be?
"Now why would I? The only thing I would change would be..."Cold sweat dripped down his neck and he shook his head."Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Next."
Would you say that you have a good relationship with your parents?
"No clue. I don't remember them"

Noxel looked down, the last question was truly the hardest to answer.