Intertwined [Plot Idea]

A

Ailsa

Original poster
... never summon anything that you are not ready to take responsibility for.

Sadly for them, your character wasn't aware of this golden rule. To be fair, they weren't doing anything out of ordinary. They just invented a friend to keep them company. Like many kids do, they turned to their fantasies when reality seemed a little too harsh and the cold feeling of loneliness just wouldn't go away. A sad but understandable reaction to the outside world. What many people don't know, though, is that imagination has the power to breathe life into creations if you just believe desperately enough. Your character did exactly that. And for a while, everything seemed to go smoothly. They got the best friend they could ever wish for. A kind, understanding soul that held their hand when life got tough as it frequently did but also an eager partner in crime. The friendship, however, had an expiration date. It's not normal to have imaginary friends at your age, the adults in their life insisted. Knock it off or you're going to see a therapist. With a heavy heart, your character said goodbye to their cherished friend. The only problem was that the said friend hated saying goodbyes.

So basically, this will be a roleplay about a person getting stalked by their own tulpa. I'm gonna play the tulpa. The idea is that your character managed to get rid of them, but not unmake them, and the tulpa will resurface at some point during your character's adult life to take vengeance. They are mad for having been cast aside, and what was once affection turned to hatred. The catch is, of course, that the tulpa can not actually kill your character because they are still a product of their mind and thus inseparably connected. In a way, they are your character's unwilling bodyguard because if anything happens to them, poof, the tulpa is dead as well. Isn't it a lovely concept?

As you can probably guess, this will be very character driven. I want to explore all the complexities of their relationship. If you think this translates into romance, think again. I do not require romance. I'm not entirely opposed to it, but if it happens, it's going to be a long and challenging journey. I also want to have a solid plot in this one because, let's be honest, character interactions can only take a roleplay so far. This is where you come in! Yes, you, as in my partner. I do have some vague ideas, but I want you to chip in and help me think of the adventures these two could possibly have. I'm not going to restrain you, so feel free to work with any setting you want. Do you think this would work in a modern world? Sure. Would sci-fi be better in your opinion? Go off. Maybe even fantasy? Suit yourself, my friend.

Let's make this roleplay a memorable one.​

This sounds super interesting! I'd love to roleplay with you, if you'd have me.

Would you want to do it here or on a different conversation?