Interrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose nodded to Nicholas and she sat on a chair prop her ankle up. It was swollen and hurts.

She look at the king and shook her head. "No sir. He doesn't want to he with Catherine but will for the kingdom and I told him he should and that maybe somehow by a miracle we could be together if I'm a princess or if he figure something out that won't hurt the kingdom" she said softly

The king shared a look with his wife. Nicolas and his father had always been kind to them and their kingdom, he wish he could help them but, unless they were provided with an excuse they could never justify to their people to invest as much money as this kingdom needed. Since his wife had brought it up he'd hoped this girl, Rose, was his little girl but now he had an extra reason to wish that this was true.

Nicolas came back with Emma behind him.

Emma smile and hug rose. She spoke French and rose translated.
"She says a man brought me and said if she told he would hurt her. He left a blanket with this on it" she handed it to the queen it had their royal crest on it

Emma started wrapping rose ankle.

Rose look at nick hopeful.

Nicolas' heart was beating a thousand miles an hour, this could be it, he could be with Rose, he didn't have to marry Catherine.

The king let his wife take a look at the blanket, it looked a lot like something that might be found at their home but he wasn't sure.

The queen look at it and eyes widen happy tears fell. "Love it her it our daughter" she said to him knew it in her heart and the blanket and how she look is proof.

Rose look shock and look at nick with happy hopeful eyes

Nicolas was in shock.

"You... You mean she's... A princes? So i don't have to marry Catherine, I can be with Rose." He was numb. "I can be with Rose." He screamed. He picked her up from the chair and turned her around.

Rose laugh and tears fell happy and she held onto nick.

Her mother was happy tears fell she walk over and hug rose not letting go. Rose cried in her shoulder happy

There where a lot of hugs and a lot of happy tears. Suddenly he heard clapping behind him and he turned around to see Catherine.

"Well, what a happy reunion." She said. She walked up to Nicolas and locked arms with him. "Nick dear, I need you to come with me to plan some things for the wedding." Everyone looked at her in shock. "Oh, I see, you all thought that this two were simply going to walk off into the sunset because she's a princes. Oh, this is so uncomfortable but I'm afraid that preparations have been made and this deal is done, I'm not all that crazy about marrying Nicolas but my people consider their word to be very important and our fathers have already agreed to have this wedding. We had time to refuse this arrangement and neither of us did, that means that breaking the deal off at this point would be failing to keep a promise and our kingdom could never continue to negotiate with people we can't trust. Not having the wedding would effectively break commercial relations between our kingdoms and then... well, lets just say no amount of financial help would save you from bankruptcy."

Rose felt tears fall her heart breaking.

The queen put her arm around rose and said "we have plenty of money more than your kingdom for these two to be together. We will speak to nick parents and yours and make it where you can marry someone else from another kingdom and nick and rose can be together. Mark my words I will make it happen. My daughter will be happy I don't like how you treat people and I'm sure you have treated rose not good the whole time she been here. Now me and my husband will go speak with his parents and yours. Nick stay with rose make sure she rest her ankle. " the queen kiss rose head and pull nick away from Catherine and put him next to rose and walk out with her husband
Rose held onto nick arm scare of catherine

Catherine looked at both of them for a moment.

"Whatever, he's not worth the trouble anyway." She said while leaving.

Nicolas turned around and look at Rose.

"Ok, you have to confirm that this just happened. Did we just found out that you're a princes and did I just got your new found parent's blessing for our relationship, all while breaking my engagement with Catherine?"

Rose was in shock but slowly nodded. She went to nick limping and put her arms around his neck holding on while happy tears fell. She couldn't believe it and was so glad and excited and didn't want to leave his arms.

The day was filled with a lot of long talks and panning and Rose spent most of it getting reacquainted with her parent while Nicolas had to deal with politics. By sunset everything was resolved and they where officially engaged. Going against tradition their parents decided to let them stay in the same room, seeing as they'd been doing for years anyway.

They walked into Nicolas' room.

"Well," he said as he looked at her. "I'm not going to mind, i'm going to miss your uniform." He said jokingly as he walked towards his bed.

Rose chuckle "it going to be weird going tomorrow to my kingdom. Having everyone cheer and smile and hug me glad I' have been found." She limp to the bed and sat down put her ankle up and wince. It was swollen still from moving around a lot. "Gosh it hurt so much" she sigh and smile at him. "I'm so happy we get to be together fiancé" she blush

He smiled at her. "Me two." He sat on the bed next to her. "We should lay down, your ankle worries me." He told her.

She smile and kiss him softly. She rest her head on his chest laying down. "I can't believe It. I'm a princess" she whisper

He smiled at her. "The most beautiful princess ever." he told her. He mover his finguers through her hair and took a moment to consider everything that had happened that day, he couldn't believe this was happening, he finaly had the chance to be happy with his Rose, he didn't have to pretend anymore. He didn't remember ever being this happy.

Rose smile at him. "Your so handsome" she kiss him softly. She was so happy and excited about this. "I can't believe it. We get to be together"

"And we don't have to hide." He said just as exited. "You're going to be my queen." He didn't remember ever being this happy.

She smile happy. "I know I'm excited" she hug him taking it all in. "I can't believe it. It notna dream right?"

"It's not." Answered Nicholas with a smile. "You're going to marry me."

Status
Not open for further replies.