Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlestar Galactica

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mass Effect

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(speaking of laziness I wish I was keeping better track of this)

Maybe you could make a Google Docs and paste the link in here? That way we can all make small notes to keep track of everything that is happening?

Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
Maybe you could make a Google Docs and paste the link in here? That way we can all make small notes to keep track of everything that is happening?
What sort of notes did you have in mind? I always assumed that the OOC would be used to keep things up-to-date.

Rough notes of the events of IC.

Exampled:
Bob met with Jim.
Jim killed Bob.
Jim took Bob's body and presented it to Queen Mother as evidence.
Queen Mother had Jim execute for killing Bob.
Queen Mother got inside a very big spaceship and blasted Planet Jim into space dust, thus ending the line of Jim.

• Useful
Reactions: Legens Legentis
sgt_by_sttheo-d4gfyqi.jpg

Standard Principality of Mars Marine Armor

Stryker Armor Mk 3.2e
  • Capable of protecting user from small arms fire and shrapnel
  • Suit enhances strength to twice that of a normal human
  • Capable of entering vacuum as long as oxygen supply lasts
  • Capable of sealing in harsh and hazardous environments
  • Face plate moves up over head to allow user to not use it if necessary
Just putting this here so that you may have an idea what the Martian Marines look like.

Standard Weapon set
Rifleman, Grenadier, CQC, Marksman, Sniper

One of the things that I've been considering is the presence of exoplanets within Interregnum canon.
Obviously they exist, but in a universe with FTL-capable ships, should they be colonized as well?

Maybe there could be plans to colonize planets outside of our solar system, but adding it now would maybe make it seem like it had been forgotten from all of the politics for SOOOO long. And any plans to colonize the planet for the purpose of science or exploration would be forgotten about during the interregnum, when everyone is so focused on the fighting and inter-planetary politics. So I think it would make the most sense if the military plan on setting up colonies on exoplanets for some strategical reason. If that makes sense?

Reactions: Legens Legentis
strategical
The word you are looking for is simply "strategic". But I agree adding them now would seem odd, perhaps they could be as Petricus says for their military value or (And I quite like this one) they could have been colonized in secret by our friendly neighborhood Space Nazi Vampires of Pluto. And I mean seriously colonized like cities and military bases, infrastructure, industry, and government. A unified group of Exo-planets that was so ignored by the inner planets that they've gone and made a small empire to rival that of the inners.

That could be interesting.

And just to clear things up there are a total of 35 ships in the Martian Fleet, 5 are the Ardent Class Frigates configured for troop deployment so they aren't very combat worthy.

The way I see it is sort of like the Covenant fleets versus the UNSC. The covenant have the superior tech and tend to stomp in space engagements while the UNSC do very well planet side. UNSC fleets were quoted as need 2-3 ships to take down 1 Covenenant ship of I remember correctly.

The Covenant being the Jovians and the UNSC being the Martians, so a nice numbers advantage was quite sought after for this engagement especially considering that this is Mars' chance to take Jupiter out of the Interregnum. Even if that advantage is (At the moment) 35 to 1.

Last edited:
The word you are looking for is simply "strategic". But I agree adding them now would seem odd, perhaps they could be as Petricus says for their military value or (And I quite like this one) they could have been colonized in secret by our friendly neighborhood Space Nazi Vampires of Pluto. And I mean seriously colonized like cities and military bases, infrastructure and government. A unified group of Exo-planets that was so ignored by the inner planets that they've gone and made a small empire to rival that of the inners.

That could be interesting.
Erm... I'm embarrassed that I made that spelling mistake. Second time today too. I think, maybe, some rest is in order.

That would be awesome. The survivors and infected from Pluto, not rest. Though rest does sound so very awesome right now. But yes, a secret series of colonies that have grown into an empire while we all fought among ourselves. I can get behind that xD

Reactions: FrostedCaramel
What should happen with Mucuda going to Pluto? I have a secret thing that might happen once she goes there. Maybe she meets a vampire? Who would like to play that?

What should happen with Mucuda going to Pluto? I have a secret thing that might happen once she goes there. Maybe she meets a vampire? Who would like to play that?
I believed that @Uncle Legens Legentis had some idea regarding that, am I right?

And I am trying to write up a reply on the IC thread but I get this message at the bottom of the page: "Thread Status: Not open for further replies." And above that is written "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) ???

Did something happen? I know that I can still reply on other threads, hence this post.

I believed that @Uncle Legens Legentis had some idea regarding that, am I right?

And I am trying to write up a reply on the IC thread but I get this message at the bottom of the page: "Thread Status: Not open for further replies." And above that is written "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) ???

Did something happen? I know that I can still reply on other threads, hence this post.
Actually I was planning on rebooting this RP sometime in the future, and I have a few reasons for this.

1. It was never fair of me to begin the story with a small roster of characters. This was built for a significantly larger group in mind. Don't get me wrong, I think everyone's writing was splendid and for those who did join, I thank you deeply. Maybe next time we can all add new features regarding the rules of warfare, interplanetary politics, ships and weapons, etc. There's a lot of potential that I hadn't considered previously and only a reboot would do it justice.

2. Even though it's still October, the first half of the school year in general is a hard time for me to act as GM. Once again, it's not fair of me to leave you all hanging for days at a time without any information. I would like to apologize for that.

3. This is actually just me nitpicking, but my inclusion of scientific inconsistencies has bothered me somewhat over time. Sure, this is science-fiction and whatnot, but I feel as though it's important for me to straighten out the details.

Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Actually I was planning on rebooting this RP sometime in the future, and I have a few reasons for this.

1. It was never fair of me to begin the story with a small roster of characters. This was built for a significantly larger group in mind. Don't get me wrong, I think everyone's writing was splendid and for those who did join, I thank you deeply. Maybe next time we can all add new features regarding the rules of warfare, interplanetary politics, ships and weapons, etc. There's a lot of potential that I hadn't considered previously and only a reboot would do it justice.

2. Even though it's still October, the first half of the school year in general is a hard time for me to act as GM. Once again, it's not fair of me to leave you all hanging for days at a time without any information. I would like to apologize for that.

3. This is actually just me nitpicking, but my inclusion of scientific inconsistencies has bothered me somewhat over time. Sure, this is science-fiction and whatnot, but I feel as though it's important for me to straighten out the details.
That's okay. Thank you for hosting it, even if just a small while. I have very much enjoyed my time and involvement in this roleplay, particularly my plan to have Eric becomes the head of the Ida Syndicate (if that is possible, of course).

When you eventually do reboot it (I presume that it will have to be after first half of the school year - so after January- and when you have time to GM this game). If it helps, in the future you could always ask for one of us to help co-GM it with you. I hope that you will remember to either message us or post here (or whatever works in the future) when you reboot this universe.

And the Google Docs I mentioned before, even if it is only for planning, I (and I'm sure others) would be more than happy to help you. It is an amazing universe that you have started to make. And with the different characters all player by different people, it has a very science fiction Game of Thrones feel to it.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.