Interplanetary Mistake

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
The hunter chuckled. "Huh. Well. At least she fell into your hands, and not someone else's. Fate does strange things." he said.

"True that, Hunter. If you want, you can get some sleep. I'm going to be up all night, and I assure you, I won't bother you two in any way. I won't even come close. I won't endanger my girl that way."

The hunter shook his head. "I woke up from a nap just before you showed up." He was still watching Sophia. "How much do ya think you'll get for her return?"

"No no, I'm not returning her, not really, because I'm her father. I put myself in exile because of the research we did; I couldn't stand it. But now, because of her, I'm going to go home, with her. Kay?"

The hunter nodded. "Kay." he looked away, off at something in the distance. "Wonder how her mom will react, eh?"

I hesitate, forgetting how she actually acts anymore. "That's what one can be afraid of."

The hunter nodded. "I wish the best of luck..be careful with her though. There are some people who'll take her in for the money." He said quietly.

"They wouldn't know of her. She's so far from her home that word won't reach her for another month, with the way gossip spreads in the Outer worlds."

The hunter thought for a moment, then nodded. "Understandable. Just be careful. Wouldn't want her pretty face hurt." he leaned back, looking up at the sky.

Conversation done, I settle myself, and close my eyes, still listening to any sounds or smells that might not fit with the natural sounds that can be heard most of the time.

I shift, nuzzling close to you. I wrap my arms around you as far as I can, burying myself in your warmth as my tail wraps around your wrist. I mumble something, frowning slightly. A nightmare.

The second hunter started to awaken, but stopped, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

I let out a sigh, still not entirely used to Sophia having a tail... or cat ears. It's odd. I'm a scientist; I've never been able to successfully integrate a hawk's traits into humans, but cats seem to work fine.

Pfft.

A minute or two I wake up, whimpering. A tear streaked my face. "D-daddy.." I whine softly, shaking.

"Shut her up." the hunter muttered. "Why's she crying?" he sounded slightly annoyed.

I reply to the hunter, "She may start bawling if you say anything harsh. It'd be wisest not to say anything, Hunter, or you might make her start bawling."

Focusing on Sophia again, I ask softly, too low for the Hunter to hear, "Dream of home, hm?" I start rubbing her back, and hold her a little closer.

The hunter scowled, but shut up.

I nod weakly, sniffling. I didn't realize at the moment that you had responded to daddy, I was too upset. I buried my face against your chest, curling up. "C-can we g-go h-home soon d-daddy?" I whimper quietly.

No matter how hard I could of softened myself at that moment, it melted my heart. "Of course sweetie, we'll go home real soon. We're on a direct route to paradise.." I sing-song, a little snippet of a song I used to listen to a long time ago.

((You should get on Skype D: ))

(Bahahaa, double post.)

I rub my teary eyes with my cold hands, snuggle under the blanket, close to you. "Ok-kay d-daddy.." I mumble, my eyes drifting closed as I start to sleep,

((OOC: kk.))

I continue to rub her back, giving the Hunter an apologetic glance, before closing my eyes again, alert for any unnatural sound. After a little while, I begin to drift off as well.

I drift into sleep again, snuggled close.

The hunter sighed. After a few hours, he sat up. "The sun'll be up soon."