Intergalactic Life: Among the Stars (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Dylan watched as she walked away, heading towards the dining hall. "Mister Nova, you're a friggin genius." he whispered to himself before lifting his leg proudly to begin walking away. Just as he was about to take his first step, he suddenly heard a rather loud and angry voice behind him.

"ROBERTSON!"

"WUAAAH!" exclaimed Dylan, jumping into the air with surprise and pulling out his blaster. But he holstered it once he saw the image of his old mentor displayed behind him. "Oh, uh... Hey, Rin'Quish. *ahem* Sup?"

image.jpg

"Sup? I'll tell you what's 'sup'; I'm here on Herridan, but I don't see you or your crew."

"Yeah, funny story; we left. Got ambushed by a droid ship, most likely one of those Cerr drones."

"Boy, you'd better still have the chest."

"Don't worry, Rin, it's been taken care of. I sold the chest like we promised, and I've got a nice stack of fifty thousand-"

"fifty thousand? We agreed on a hundred thousand."

"Well, technically since I had to put both myself and my crew in danger, I figured I would take a bit more in my share."

"Ooh... I see. You think you can rip me off. Look 'Cosmos'-"

"Nova. We've been over this before, Rin."

"Boy, you'd better just shut up now or else I'm gonna do something I really don't want to do."

"What, another bounty? If I can be honest Rin, you know that wouldn't work. Remember what happened to that last guy? The chemical factory?"

"Just shut up already! You've got no respect, do you kid? I pull you off that transport ship, teach you to survive on your own, turn you into a famous racer, then help you get some the biggest deals in your human life... And this is the thanks I get?"

"You're right, you did teach me. You taught me the law of the wanderer: take what you need to survive and don't be afraid to blindside anyone, especially those you work with."

"Boy, I swear if you don't stop talking, I'm going to-"

"Yeah, whatever. If you want your share, open a connection in three hours. Otherwise, I've got a galaxy to roam."

"Don't you hang up on me! Do that, and you're de-"

Quickly shutting off the holo screen, Dylan ran a hand across his face. Sighing, he looked into the hallway and shook his head. "Well... That probably raised the bounty by another thousand credits..."

Status
Not open for further replies.