LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Online availability depends entirely on what is going on in life. I have a kindergartener, a baby on the way, and I'm the spouse to an officer, meaning without me, the house becomes a fallout warzone. On top of all of that, I write for work as well as for fun...so work tends to come first.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy and Sci-Fi are my two major favorites. However, I tend to be quite the picky player. I prefer an RP with a great deal of development...the world, the lore, everything. And for those GMs looking for help with lore, I love to world build!
Interest.png

*Please Note: Original Artwork & Font Face are NOT MINE - Only the filtering & Font Blending*
Heya! I'm Mowkie, and last year, I had attempted to run a full-scale dragon rider role play on my own world, Partheus. However, due to time constraints and players losing interest, I had to shut it down. Not long after, I had my little girl, and since then, I've kept to a single role play and nothing else. Now that the other role play is slowing down, I have little to do in the small bit of time I get every week to write, and I would love to spend that time playing in my world with a wonderful, new group of people who enjoy the thought of discovering a new creation with me.

The basic plot is as follows:

A thousand years since the last war, known by all varonians who live upon the Mainland as the Rebirth of Kabola, tensions once more rise between the people of the great god, Varon, and the dragons who follow the ways of old. Seeking to destroy all dragons, once and for all, Varon has cast his image upon the Gold Dragons, whose egos have driven them to turn against their own kind and help varonians with new technologies and magic the likes of which they have never seen before. With all of her children once again threatened by Varon's wicked creations, Kallydrana, queen of the gods, must seek the aide of those who are pure of heart. Five Chosen will find themselves upon a dragon or dragon egg, and upon making the Pact with that dragon, are lifted to the ruined city of Ranas, where they will train and grow together, designed to face the war head-on. If there is any hope for dragons to survive upon the Mainland, these five dragon riders and their Pacted dragons must take on the Gold Dragons and drag Varon from their hearts and minds forever. Can they achieve what they were born to do, or will the fate of the world wither into chaos?

I know you probably have a lot of questions...the actual plot is much more fleshed out, of course...and this world has been in the making for over ten years (though there are three continents, and the world's actual name is Partheus...which I will explain later)...so any questions you have can and will be answered. :ducking:

As players, you will be able to choose from my list of dragons (any but the Onyx are available to you), which isn't yet complete...but I hope to have it done before starting up. You will also be able to create your own varonian city/town if you don't like the ones already written up...and you can get with me to modify the ones that are already designed, save for the capital of Gareth. The dragons are customizeable, but do keep within the limitations of the breed you choose - all changes must be accepted by me. However, the one thing I must tell you is that you must play a varonian. There are limitations at the beginning of the story. Varonians don't know anything beyond iron as a material, and the most advanced piece of weaponry is the crossbow. Anything that comes after is not allowed unless it is a unique design that is accepted by me. Also, no chars will know magic before the dragons...but after the dragons, each of you will get to choose an Element to use! XD I have ten, nine of which are available.

Of course, the big catch is, as a GM, I won't be on much. I have a six-month-old daughter, and she is very demanding of my time...so I generally only get enough time to maybe get on after she goes to bed (nine PM my time) and possibly a few hours one day per weekend, depending on what's going on that weekend. Players who want to be a part of this story need to have patience and a willingness to fill their time with chatter and training with each other to keep interest. Collabs will be rewarded with experience, which will be a very basic system that allows the characters and dragons to grow more powerful. I reward activity, and I'm happy to see patience.

If you have any ideas on what you would like to see in this role play and possibly would be interested in joining, let me know! I'll post a list of dragons for you to see (at least, the finished ones) and more plot points, etc. I'm looking for THREE PLAYERS, as I'm not sure I could handle any more (I have a friend who is already a part of the story, making five, total characters). I will have a simple "poof" system in place for any players that join and then drop, hopefully keeping the story going indefinitely. However, it would be amazing if I could keep the same players throughout the role play and finish the story with the same group!

Let me know if you're interested - and please...serious inquiries only. THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
I'll just be waiting until some more players and lists of the dragon breeds/magic elements are here.

I too, am very interested in this

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mowkie
Awesome! If my daughter is in a good mood tomorrow, I'll try to get some info out to you guys during one of her naps. Please, do be patient with me. If you have any questions now, please feel free to ask, and I'll answer them when I get the info out. ^^

This reminds me that I need to finish Lair. Also, since dragon mount warfare is a thing, mind if I grab some inspiration from that game?

You may have noticed that I'd like to join.

I have one question, actually multiple but ill ask them later... I've done a little research on your previous Dragon Rp and just want to know if there are any, I guess you'd say characteristics or personality quirks, that come with the different colours of Dragons?

Neverminds... I found the Link. ㅠ.ㅠ

This reminds me that I need to finish Lair. Also, since dragon mount warfare is a thing, mind if I grab some inspiration from that game?

You may have noticed that I'd like to join.

What do you mean by grabbing inspiration? Most of the mounted warfare won't happen until later on during the RP...of course any inspiration from games and other stories is perfectly okay...my latest creation was based off Ciri from The Witcher III.

As for your question, RiddL, yes...in fact, if you decide you want a character that has the potential to turn evil, you can choose from my "Bad" dragons and make an internal struggle that we can work on for story purposes later. I welcome it, as long as you want that character to ultimately come back to the right side. ^^

For those of you who would like to see my current list of dragons, please go to partheus.webs.com/dragons - do note that I still have not written descriptions for the Onyx, Mercury, Opal, (those three, however, will be off limts), Platinum, Epidote, Labradorite, Zircon, Red, White, and Brown...I believe that's all I'm missing. If you want info on the dragons listed above before I have them published, let me know, and I'll get them typed up for you as soon as I can. Thank you guys for your interest! I am going to keep this thread open for just a little longer just in case any of you may not get to join when I start the actual RP (I plan to put up the full thread next weekend after our table top session RT)...but hopefully, we can go on with you three, myself, and my friend, @Soulserenity20 ~ I look forward to getting to know you guys! XD

So is there a specific CS template we need to follow? Or is it just going to be standard?

I'll have a specific one drawn up. However, if you wanna go ahead and get started on the basics of your char sheet, feel free. Name and basic info, choose a dragon, etc. We can get to the details when I have time to post. Or you can do what RiddL did, and search for the previous RP...the location and char sheet will be the same. The name is Mercy of Inhalla...I think you can find a link on my profile page. ^^

Do you think slightly editing dragons could be a thing? The reason I'm asking is because for the backstory I've been working on, I wanted an ice-based dragon. If you don't want us messing with the dragons themselves, I can just use the Sapphire and say that the weather is cold enough for its breath to freeze around enemies. @Mowkie

Well, ice isn't really a Sapphire's forte, but you could always do the White, which is an ice dragon. If you want, I'll get the description up for you. However, if you really want the Sapphire, I'm sure we can work something out...as long as the breath weapon isn't changed. What you could do is take the Element, water, and make the char have a particular fondness of the cold and freeze the typhoon around enemies like you were talking about. ^^ If you had another idea, entirely, feel free to PM me. ^^

Also, @Takashi ~ I wouldn't get too far into your character's back story without knowing everything for this RP...your char won't know much about their dragon until the story starts, after all.

Got it, all I really have down is their weapon, armor, and a little of origin anyway.

*floats in*
*Starts building the GM pillow mountain in Classic Mowkie Architecture Style*
*Crawls in and starts scratching out a CS*

:3

Hey guys! How are you all? I'm Soul, Co-GM (Thing?) or more formally, Mowkie's sidekick :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Yeah, she's my co-GM...seeing as she's able to get on a lot more often than me...plus she knows a little bit more about Partheus than the average Joe. All, inclusive, that makes five charries. Yay! *throws confetti and then crawls under special made pillow mountain*

*adjusts pillows*

Would I be able to bring in the character I already created with the black Dragon?

Sure, but you'll have to wait, as we already have three people expressing interest. If you're okay with waiting, just keep an eye on the links I put here later this week. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.