Interest Check/OOC: Philharmonics Inspired RP: Flowers & Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm somewhat back. I'm trying to collect all the information you guys have placed, and toss it all with mine. I'll try to get a clear layout of things soon, and post my charries as well.

Reactions: RiverNotch
I am interested in playing someone noble or a governess.

YEA! Alright, take your pick. I believe the Governess is open, as well as a few of the paid employees. If you wish to create a family member of the lord or lady, be my guest. I'm hoping we can keep this story running with a few side stories that will all circle in on the main plotline eventually; stirring up lots of drama before the merchant reaches a demise... And Then more afterwards when all hell hits the windmill! LOL!

I'm somewhat back to normal. I will be finishing up my thoughts here and posting them soon. Other than that, any other parts that have not been filled are for us to take (as an extra charrie or an NPC). Our group is large enough for me, and we should be able to handle things swimmingly.

In other words, no more openings! All those who have posted interest but have not claimed or posted a charrie, you still have time to guarantee your place. If not, we will nom them up and you will no longer be listed.

I hope I can have my mind ready for this by the new year. You might actually see an OP during the Holiday - if I don't have to work.

K, I'm out!

*flails around and bear hugs Phi* Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

*tries to catch breath flying out of lungs*

Than-thank you...*cough* What a surprise; I'm actually missed! :3

This is just a few things I had in mind...world wise. There's a small map that goes with this, but I can't find it...and I'm not in the right state of mind right now to strategically search for it. So, I'm just posting this for thoughts, clarity, and so I don't lose this in the labyrinth that is my external hard drive.

I've added your ideas, Sapphire, and if you have any more, feel free to fill in some gaps. Some of this might end up in the trash though, cause it's a lot more than I was considering using for this RP.... But, ya never know. I think I'm sort of dumbing down this whole thing due to all my personal issues causing havoc on my muse's creativity. But, I know things are due to get better soon, and when she's able to clearly focus on this, this RP will just explode with all kinds of ideas, plotting, and visual concepts to fuel our itchy fingers. So, I better just leave all of this where it stands and stop all the doubts.

Alright, more to come soon. I'm finally capable of, at least, getting my charries somewhat in line. I'm about to post my thoughts in a template next - so they're safe and secure on Iwaku. Cause here...ain't no telling what will happen to them! XD!

The World of Diarmait
Holds four Continents. Our story resides on the continent of Stratha.

Countries of Stratha
Jerjin (East)
Ogano Nye (Northwest)
Valkyen (High North)
Indrani (Southeast)
Calcaria (South)
Versperr (West)
Saritt (Southwest)

Kingdoms and their Provinces

Jerjin - High Kingdom of Eocin (E-o'-sin) (Turbyfils)
Sumnerset Village, Half Morning, Prine

Indrani - High Kingdom of Eocin
Rosetta, Buryl,

Versperr The Kingdom of Areriseth (The Turbyfils/Rosiers)
Tabbai,
Saritt - The Kingdom of Vertimont (The Goshevens)
Aneurin, Sudbury

Ogano NyeThe Kingdom of Moscallabey (The Goshevens/Escalas)
Colomni, Lyuba

Valkyen - The Kingdom of Moscallabey
Detleff, Thao Thea

Calcaria - The Kingdom of Tasura (The Izarahs)
Amit, Sujay, Githa, Nyura

Oceans:

Rivers:

Lakes:

Mountains: Mount Evercae

Forests:

Royal Lines

High Kingdom of Eocin:
High King Luce Turbyfil III
High Queen Syllene (si-lee'-nee) Rosier - Turbyfil
High Prince Luce (loo' – chay) Turbyfil IV

The Kingdom of Vertimont:
King Bheric Thane Gosheven VIII
Queen Belleza Anice Escala - Gosheven
Princess Leisa Gosheven
Lady Martryce Rokossa

The Kingdom of Tasura:
King Hiran Izarah
Queen Chenoa Enyeto - Izarah
Prince Pallav Izarah

The Kingdom of Areriseth

The Kingdom of Moscallabey

Last edited:
Name: Sybil Mzant

Appearance:

Sybil is a silent little mouse, standing at a whopping 5'6"; she's the perfect size for sneaking around under focused eyes inauspiciously. She learns quickly, without much marks, that it is better to be unheard, as well as unseen. Her light brown hair waterfalls just above her hips and just as soft as the dyed ribbons she stretches across her little lap when she embroiders young Felicity's dresses the tailor designs for her. Her eyes are the unmistakable shade of melted gold and her skin is as pure as porcelain. It is quite clear that her early upbringing was within a fine household with a strong family heritage, but she's forgotten most of her family history except for what her father had drilled into her mind. She's a Mzant – lions hold her surname with pride.

Status/Job: Immigrant Slave from Indrani – Handmaid to Duchess Vivian & Lady Felicity Vaughan

Personality:

History:
Her family are immigrants from Indrani. When they came to Areriseth, her father held a respectable job as an instructor at a nearby university and later took on tutoring positions for a few nobles within the kingdom. Her mother was an outstanding artist, and even though the era of women artist had not reached status yet, she still made a good living being called in for several aristocratic portraits. She was also an outstanding chef - taking second position under the noblest house within the kingdom at the time.

But when law and duty dropped rock bottom due to the black trades and power turning freedom into a four-letter word, the nobles began to slowly meet their ends. Everyone, including her family, were shipped off to the dark, hidden world that's been marinating under Stratha's noses for years.

Sybil grew up in the Black Trades, but being young, she was taught early to listen sharply, quietly, and do as she's told right the first time, even if it's something she knows is not proper or lawful. Regardless of what she's been taught; cutting her teeth on the death of her parents and friends, losing more than just a finger (ring finger on left hand) and her innocence, she now realized that silence kills your soul faster than speaking out while under the master's thumb.

Other:
Besides cooking, cleaning, sewing, and other homely skills she uses under the Vaughan household, she holds a few secret talents as well. A well-to-do pickpocket she is, has the voice of a dove; and soft hands, strong arms and eyes sharp enough to shoot a bow on horseback to pin-point like a master. She's picked up a bit of soothsaying from a few Gypsy slaves she's traveled with in her time (who also taught her how to steal so swiftly), and they also taught her a little about woodlore and natural healing.

Olvr (34) & Phoebri Proske (27) – Olvr is a retired knight from Vertimont. He and his wife, Phoebri, live under the flags of Areriseth. They own both The Griff's Talon Inn and The Drunkin' Hippogriff - both in Tabbai. Olvr Proske, manages the pub. Phoebri manages the Inn. Phoebri is also a fine tailor and often aids the local tailor in managing his workload for the towns and providences he caters to.

Faust – a 19 year old street urchin, unknown and not considered, until he makes himself a concern. If anyone wants to know anything about something no one wants anyone to know; Faust is the only person who can find out. Some say he's got Fae blood in him, (if you believe in all that) which explains why he's such a card, a trickster, and can easily learn of things others hide within their heartfires. Others believe he's some sort of psychic, illusionist, or hypnotist. He learns far too much about others– far too easily… Honestly, he's just a young master of deduction, using his mind and all the available facts to arrive at the correct solution to a problem, a solution to a strict puzzle, or a hidden mystery long forgotten.

He holds no friendships, for they are easily discarded when they don't suit a person's best interest anymore. No, he only holds respect for those who have shown him the same, and has a small portion of his heart held for the few he considers 'family'. But that's also a word he holds no claim to, for it's easily discard as well.

Appearance: Dirty blond hair, strikingly bright green eyes – somewhat of an anomaly, if you ask me. Tall and lanky, but muscular in proportion. He's a bit malnourished, but is able to maintain his strength and health due to his knowledge of edible, healthy roots and flowers, and hard labor working the streets for merchants or wealthy newcomers entering town who need a guide.

Personality: Quiet and behaves shyly, but that's just a trick to gain favor or pity from those with soft hearts. His true light shines later on when he preys on their souls, feeds from their minds, and claim access to secrets they never expected anyone to learn from their silence. He has a very acute sense of being, and can easily read a person even when they're hiding their covers. He's a sly little creature with a heart of gold (when it's worth using). Loyal to only a few who deserve it, Faust will still turn on a dime to protect himself, if must; yet, still manage to keep his word to the ones he respects.

Duchess Vivian Satlazar – Vaughan
Appearance:

Status/Job: Wife to Duke Durwin Vaughan
Personality:
History: Birth home – the proud Kingdom of Vertimont
Other:

Last edited:
Okay, I've got a few more things to do, but I was wondering where we should actually start this thing... Who has a plot bunny for a good opening set up for this?

Also, everyone who has requested placement, give me a shot here if you haven't yet. I'm just checking to see who else is still hanging about for this. I know there's a few who haven't posted templates - that's okay. I'm still trying to finish mine also. But, I'm just making sure I did't lose EVERYONE during my absence. LOL!

Let me know, cause if I've lost a few, I'll have to go ahead and set up a banner for more participants to fill in those spots, or just open them up for us here to fill. IDK...we shall see.

I'm slowly reorganizing and rescheduling my life for the new year. Hopefully, with a little more de-stressing, meds, and TLC, I'll have my head on straight to actually get this ball rolling. I've got two more RPs I'm GMing, and both of them are suck just like this one. I'm hoping to get all of them moving before the month is over. It'll be nice for them to, at least, have a decent round before Reality decides to burst in to slow it down. :)

I'm here!
Plot hook suggestion: A banquet, where many of the characters are either serving, or partying. Some controversy related to the slaves happens in the banquet, then whatever.

Ummm, interesting...

Perhaps, we can have a basic day scene - preparations before the banquet - in order to establish our charries and lingering little substories between them all.
Then, have the banquet that night where some of the major plot bunnies can escape from their cages and reek havoc on the hostess and guest...

I'm wondering if this banquet is like a big congratulations event for the Duke - he's been given another reward for something big he's done for his king, and he's throwing himself a big gala to show off. Everyone who's anyone is invited, and in the mist of this big event we can see how most of the nobles and middle class guest who were invited are rather two-fasted when it comes to the Duke. They give him a show of respect in his face, but behind their masks they can't stand him. They know he's a cheat, but their king just adores him because of all the good he'd brought to their kingdom with trade and commerce. All of this disgust others have for the Duke - he's oblivious to it. Or, he knows, but doesn't care. He knows money and power keeps their lips stitched, and their eyes up at him.

I'm running off of a cup of insomnia... been up all night, so bear with me. There's some logic in this somewhere!

I think the Duke should like announce something big - possibly something dealing with the slave trade, which a lot of folks truly don't agree on but they keep their mouths shut. I think they believe the King is in agreement of it, but in all actuality he is not. But, I don't know how something as big as that can truly slip under his nose... Well, if the Duke is managing that kingdom, he has powers to keep the trade from his eyes, manipulate the thoughts of the people into believing what he wants them to believe... This can be our possible main story line - the slaves know the truth, but who would believe them if they tell?

IDK, just brainstorming...but I like the idea of the banquet.

Awesome Bash!

Umm... This song touches something within all of this story. I can't really find words to express what I'm feeling right now really to say. But, this fits...

Beautiful video as well!

Silent Spring by Massive Attack
Video by Canal de CECILIACANO YouTube

Lyrics

Boy brought power
To b-obey
Here me call
To b-obey
To be-obey
I seek him clothe
Come shush-hush
A shrewd bow, to be-obey (we are but bound to b-obey)
I seek him clothe (we are but bound to b-obey)
Come shush-hush (we are but bound to b-obey)
A shrewd bow to b-boey (we are but bound to b-obey)
I seek him clothe
Come shush-hush

Edit:

I think I'm feeling a connection with this song as an expression of the slave's attitude towards the Duke at the beginning... or the mentality he wishes or forces them to have. This, of course, ends up being broken by the three slaves in the story. (Which, in a way, the video expresses with the revealing of the butterfly).

IDK...I'm still dealing with an infection of the brain called overworked and under paid. But meh...it's something to keep our ideas flowing on this story concept. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.