DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
For a long time now, I've been considering the idea of doing regular book reviews. I've written a few in the past on sites like Goodreads and on an old blog of mine. I love to read, and I love examining fiction- even (and sometimes especially) bad fiction.

If I were to start posting these on Iwaku, would anyone read them? Would you make book suggestions or requests? Would it be preferable for them to be posted on my Iwaku blog, posted in individual threads for each review, posted in one ongoing thread, or posted offsite and linked in a thread? (There's also the possibility of posting them in a Group, but the Groups system is a little dodgy in my opinion.)

What sort of genres would you be interested in hearing about? Would you prefer reviews of a mix of fiction, just the ones I'd recommend, or only the really bad stuff? Humorous, with serious analysis, or both? And how do you feel about spoilers?

Let me know what you think.

I think a mix would be good, and maybe even do a "Bad Tuesdays" or something where you review only bad fiction with some humor on those days.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
I would love to see a book review group. <3 that way bibliophiles everywhere can share our opinions, debate various points, make suggestions...

• Thank You
Review comics.

• Thank You
On a more serious note, I think this would be a good idea and I think multiple genres is also good. @Smo 's idea for a bad book review day also sounds neat. I think if it's a hit maybe you could have a peeps review stuff that doesn't interest you. Eventually move onto comics for realz. That's my two cents.

Also, yes, I would read them. I trust your words, Ozzie.

• Thank You
Reactions: Smo and Astaroth
I DON'T KNOW WHY I AM VOTING YET, I JUST MAKE YOU GIVE ME BOOKS TO READ ANYWAY. >:[

I agree with doing a mix of genre and I really do like the Bad Tuesdays idea too. All I wanted to add is that you definitely do some suggested ones because:

1) Then you won't exhaust your personal list too quickly.
2) Then the readers will feel more involved with your reviews and probably stick around longer.

Also, put spoilers under a spoiler tag. I hate spoilers but some people really do like to read them. :)

• Thank You
I think this would be a really interesting idea. But either in a group or in its own thread is preferable, since I hardly ever read blogs x.x

This would definitely influence me to read more though.

• Thank You
Yes, but only if you review books I pick an choose

My first book you must review is the gritty tale of a young child struggling with a disorder that threatens to tear everything he knows down as he marching recklessly on a path of gluttonous destruction, tearing through anything in his path as he marching towards death

Yes, the book I want you to review is The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar!

Bumping this one last time for interest and putting out another query for genre/actual book suggestions.

I whole-heartedly support this idea!

I actually really like the idea of a Group where everyone gets the opportunity to post a review of a book (or, as Pete said, a comic book) and we end up all pooling together our opinions on a subject we all have to enjoy. @Ozzie Chanter would be our Optimus Prime Librus!

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.