1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
fantasy, sci-fi, superheroes, action, adventure, combat, science fantasy, supernatural, hurt/comfort, modern fantasy
【 SCOREBOARD 】

NO SCORE
NO SCORE
NO SCORE
A
Andrew Hawthorne: 0
Astroblaze: 0

B
N/A

C
Carson Pierpont: 0

D
N/A

E
Eve Rowley: 0

F
N/A

G
Greg Chasteen: 0

H
N/A

I
Iron Head: 0

J
N/A

K
N/A

L
N/A

M
N/A

N
N/A

O
N/A

P
N/A

Q
N/A

R
N/A

S
N/A

T
Tall Man: 0

U
N/A

V
N/A

W
N/A

X
N/A

Y
N/A

Z
N/A

Important Links
Sign-Ups/OOC
Lore
Character Index
«IC»
Discord

Welcome, challenger!

If you are reading this, congratulations! You have been accepted as a competitor for the multiverse's largest and most varied tournament! A staff member will be along shortly to show you to your quarters, and then you will be free to roam the complex as you please. Here you will meet many others who have been brought here just as you were, some like you, others wildly different. Both you and they were brought here as your unique skillsets identified you as worthy contenders. Feel free to challenge any who catch your eye: here, a final "Game Over" is impossible. Even if you don't feel like fighting just yet, there is a place for you here: just check the included map to see all that the complex has to offer. If you ever need anything, just look for one of the many staff roaming the halls at any given time. We hope you enjoy your stay at the Inter-Realm Battle Link.

Sincerely,
Astroblaze
—Reality Traverser #824 and the designer and owner of the IRBL

Eve
Andrew
Carson
Fiona/Astroblaze | Eve Rowley/Ether | Andrew Hawthorne/Pythagoras | Carson Pierpont/Uranium
hall outside Astroblaze's office - main gate

Setting her hands on her hips and releasing a satisfied breath, Astroblaze cast an observant eye about her newest and most ambitious creation, the touch of a smile gracing her lips. The Inter-Realm Battle Link, or IRBL as she was quickly growing accustomed to calling it, was officially open for business, and the inter-dimensional adventurer was eager to watch things fully get underway. Her travels had brought her in contact with a wide variety of impressive creatures, human and otherwise—she expected this gladiator-reminiscent setting to bring out their most awe-inspiring abilities.

Lifting her right arm, she scanned the information presented to her on the interface strapped to her forearm over her pale blue jacket sleeve, then after a couple quick commands in a series of taps on the responsive screen, the young blonde turned left and strode down the hall, footsteps echoing purposefully off of the stone.

It took her only a moment to reach the main entrance, with the elaborate chandelier hanging from its high ceiling and the massive false gate taking up most of the back wall. A trio of teenagers awaited her in roughly the middle of the spacious area. The only girl of the trio, a redhead with a posture that screamed moxie, swept an impressed vibrant blue eye all throughout everything she could see from her perspective, lips quirked in a lopsided grin that allowed one of her fangs to peek out. "Niiiiiiiiice."

Astroblaze beamed at the teen's approval. "I'm glad you like it, Eve. I'm pretty excited to see things get underway."

Eve lifted her hands from her hips to clench them before her, grin turning fierce. "I'm ready to get started!"

Her dark-haired companion chuckled at her eagerness, folding his tanned arms across a chest whose plain forest-green tee did little to disguise his well-toned muscle. The other young man remained straight-faced and silent, scrawny frame slouched with his hands deep in the pockets of his navy and gray hoodie as he watched the other two and Astroblaze through sunken, tired eyes.

"I've reserved a trio of adjacent quarters for the three of you," Astroblaze informed them, pulling a set of keycards on lanyards from one pocket of her hoodie and handing one to each. "Your extra equipment has already been transferred to the corresponding room."

Eve's face twisted in a perplexed grimace as she read over the card in her hand. "3-W2N—what the heck does that mean?"

"The first digit corresponds to the arena on whose perimeter your room is on and the letters correspond to the compass points that your room is in between," Astroblaze explained, leaning forward and pointing to each element on the gold and burgundy card as she named it. "It'll be pretty self-explanatory when you see it. To get to arena 3—" straightening, she stretched her arm out toward the hall behind her headed to her right— "you just go down that hall and take the first left. About halfway down the hall, there'll be a staircase on either side that'll take you to the second level, which is where all the rooms are." She smiled reassuringly. "There are signs and compasses and maps everywhere, so you don't need to worry about getting lost."

Eve nodded her understanding. "Awesome."

"I have 3-W3N and Carson has 3-W4N," the dark-haired young man spoke up, having looked over his and the other male's cards, "so I guess that means I'm in between?"

"That's right, Andrew." Astroblaze shrugged. "Honestly, I like this numbering system—once you know how to read it, it tells you exactly where you are like that." She snapped her fingers to emphasize.

Eve grinned. "I see it."

Astroblaze nodded in agreement, then straightened, clapping her hands once authoritatively. "So, down to business. As you can see on the scoreboard—" the blonde teen nodded as she spoke to the massive gold-framed electronic board hanging on the wall to her left, drawing their attention to where their names could be seen under the corresponding alphabetical letters— "you've all been put into the system already. There are a few other competitors already active and ready to be challenged, so by all means, have at it! Solo, as a team, whatever you want. Of course," she conceded, "a lot will be dependent on what your opponent wants to do, but that's what makes it fun."

Eve nodded with a hum, looking over the few other names listed on the board. "I think I'll start with a bit of solo competition and meet back with you guys later."

"Good luck!" Astroblaze called after her, lifting a hand. The redheaded teen returned the wave over her shoulder as she dashed off.

"I'd rather check out our rooms first before I get started," Carson noted quietly, speaking up for the first time since they'd met.

"I'll join you," Andrew agreed.

Astroblaze nodded to the two of them. "Sounds like a plan. I'm thinking I'll stick around here for a bit longer, but beyond that I'll most likely be in my office if you need me. If I'm not, just ask one of the wandering staff. Good luck, and welcome to the IRBL."

Eve Rowley is roaming the halls
Andrew Hawthorne and Carson Pierpont are headed to rooms 3-W3N and 3-W4N
Astroblaze is at the main entrance
Others may begin with entry or already in the complex