Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
OOC: ttps://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/insylum-signup-ooc.167376/

You wake in an unadorned bed which you know, immediately, is not really your own. The recollection comes bubbling from some deep recess of the mind - I am in hospital. I have been in hospital for weeks now.

Nothing further is certain. Your room feels a little more like a tiny apartment or dorm room, although the tiled floor and barred windows would indicate otherwise. And the heavy door.

Which, seemingly without provocation, swings open - revealing the smiling face of Jeff, the bushy-bearded orderly with a skull tattoo peeking from the collar of his uniform.

"Rise and shine, people. Time for breakfast," he announces cheerfully as he strolls back to the entrace of Ward 23. He's waiting to make sure you all make it to the cafeteria.

Lena

The bright and early cheer cuts through something dark, something weird, dragging her to consciousness.
Hairbrush. Clothes. Breakfast. Brush your teeth.
Routine.

Lena pulls a brush through her hair, trying to remember what she dreamed last night.
Nothing springs to mind.
Jeans. Fuzzy socks. Hoodie.
She shuffles into the corridor, going through her pockets. Skins, but no tobacco. Where did she see her pouch last?

I don't wake up alarmed, despite waking up in an unknown place. My subconscious must have caught it before my own thoughts: I've been here for weeks. I get up, and go about my routine. When getting dressed, I notice I only have little black dresses. That is... Kind of a party attire, right? But once I'm in one of them, it feels really comfortable. Looking in the mirror, I smile. The faded eyeliner under my eyes is a nice complement to my dress. Then I take a closer look. That is no eyeliner. Those are just dark circles on the skin under my eyes.

I go to have breakfast, pouting in frustration after not finding any makeup. I stare at the people around me, trying to see if any of them has make up on. Maybe they have make up. Maybe they have my makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.