Insurgence | Medieval Pokemon RP

Atharos, The Bastard of Aurios
"Wait, who are all these new people?"

After his brief meetings with Suzume and Shui, Atharos had kept mostly to himself for the rest of the night. With only Knight to keep him company, he had watched the forest in patient waiting for his other partner pokemon, and was soon greeted by Bishop, who warned him of a small danger in the forest. He was not worried for Rook though, because his greatest Ally was the danger in most cases.

His lack of worry was rewarded at nightfall, when Rook returned to camp with a dead Grovyle in her mouth. Atharos smiled, as he began to carve away at the corpse of the pokemon away from the main camp. The job took him a decent amount of time, and he was one of the last to sleep amongst those that actually rested for the night. He had managed to carve up several haunches of Grovyle meat, and he'd discarded the remains of the desiccated corpse outside of the camp, so that scavengers could enjoy it.

With the meat carved, and with his partners back in place, Atharos retired to the edge of the camp, taking up a solitary position and using Rook as a tent and a pillow. He lay propped against the Steel flank of the Aggron, and enjoyed the familiar rhythm of his first partner's heartbeat.

The next day, Atharos awoke before the dawn and made his way into the forest. He felt it was one of his duties to hunt for the party, so he and Knight went to work, with Rook staying in ear shot, and Bishop scouting around to find the best prey.

After a while of hunting, in which he'd snagged a few Deerling and a number of smaller bird pokemon, something caught the attention of Bishop. The ghost pokemon had seen something out of the ordinary, or had sensed it, and she had flocked back to the side of Atharos. Understanding her meaning after a small while, he called out. "Whoever is out there, show yourself. Otherwise I will be forced to bring in Rook. You won't enjoy it if I bring in Rook." His shout was loud enough, and Atharos and his pokemon were close enough, that Kasumi would find it impossible to guess his shouting was for anyone but her. Additionally, the pair were far enough from the camp, that she could probably approach him without being swarmed by other members of the party.​

Kasumi, The Shadow

Kasumi froze as Kiseki and Taika both alerted her to Pokemon moving towards her hidden position. She just trying to decide whether to move or stay out when a voice rang out, telling her to reveal herself or face the wrath of "Rook". She let out a series of silent curses that had Mokin cringing away from her, even as her claws dug into her shoulder. For an instant Kasumi debated whether or not she should remain silent and see what " Rook" was, before deciding that that was a terrible idea and making her way through the trees until she was visible to the owner of that voice.

Mokin was on her shoulder, head held high, while Taika and Kiseki guarded her flanks. For a moment Kasumi wondered what she looked like to the stranger, a young girl in between two large Pokemon with a third on her shoulder. But she shook that image away and instead, introduced herself.
"I am Kasumi, the Shadow. I mean you no harm. Taika, my Arcanine. Kiseki, my Absol. Mokin, my Staraptor." She said, not only introducing herself but her Pokemon as well, and making sure to include her peaceful intentions. She bowed softly to the stranger, before straightening up again. "I have been watching you and your companions, awaiting an opportune moment to introduce myself. I fear you have found me before I was ready. Please, allow me to wait a bit longer. I plead of you to not speak of me to your companions."