Insurgence | Medieval Pokemon RP

Suzume

The other Pokemon appeared to be apprehensive around the Noivern, Suzume noticed. There was no need to worry or fret; Caius wasn't one to start fights or the like. The Dragon-type tipped his head at the three squabbling creatures, rustling his wings lightly. Surprisingly, he did not begin to speak immediately, only doing so after a moment's hesitation. 'I can hear you, you know,' he chuckled, his tail flicking idly. It was surprising that they didn't comment on his surplus of fur. The wild Noivern always used to tease him about his different appearance. 'Name's Caius! I don't mean you any harm at all. And I'm pretty sure that my master doesn't, either. Then again, it's always difficult to tell with her!'

Suzume blinked when the other woman praised her Noivern. She glanced over at the scaly and furred beast, quirking an eyebrow as she looked him over. Was he really that good looking? Then again, she wasn't sure how people classified dragons as "beautiful". The beast looked more menacing than anything. "Thanks for the compliment." Her voice was distant, cold even. It appeared that Suzume was indifferent in regards to the woman's presence. Even though that was the case, she did not want to seem as if she didn't care. She was just... wary of the woman. Her name was Erza-- an oriental name. Either her parents were from Phoenicis or Argent, or she was from there, herself.

Erza asked her a question, and her lips curled downward in a slight frown. "Phoenicis," she answered, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "More specifically, the south of Phoenicis, near the border of Fulmion." The blonde shifted her feet, her chocolate eyes watching the face of the other woman closely. "I ask the same thing of you. From where do you hail?"

@Ayla

Wyeth
Ah, so the man was Fulmi! It would have been weird if he was Leonian, or worse, Aurion... A smile crossed the dark-haired man's lips. At least he would have someone to relate to on his journey. That, and he had a Luxray as well. Many Fulmi had an Electric or Flying-type on their team, and it seemed that they weren't an exception. "I was hoping you were. It would be pretty awkward if you were from somewhere else," he laughed. He hoped that he wasn't being too friendly. The other man, Quinn, appeared to be the quiet type. If he was too talkative and cheery, he might scare him off.

His eyes wavered to the Gabite that stood near Quinn. He hadn't seen such a type of Pokemon before... but he had heard stories of Garchomp. Not many roamed the fields of Fulmion; instead, they stuck to the mountainous terrain of Leonias, Argent, and maybe even Aurios. "I haven't seen a Gabite in all my time in Fulmion," he explained, watching the reptilian bipedal closely. Its jaw could probably snap his leg in half, even though it wasn't that big. From what he heard, Garchomp had even bigger jaws and teeth, along with a longer, thicker tail that could send a person flying.

"Is it true that those types of Pokemon like to spend time underground?" An inquisitive expression crossed Wyeth's face. "From what I heard, Garchomp like to surprise their prey from below. It's pretty terrifying to think about, if you ask me."

@Sen

Reactions: Mu
[fieldbox=Erza Yuki, orange, solid]

7cce5d2d83f83b2212e81d2139755583.jpg

Caspar gave a little chirp at the other Noivern. He had a little extra tuft, if not a lot, and it made him laugh. Erza heard him and elbowed him, making him grunt, nudging her back with his large wing.
"Name is Caspar. Erza here is pretty harmless. If anything she'd cuddle you to death before hurting you."
Erza wasnt exactly sure what her teammate just said to the opposite pokemon, but his tone suggested it was something that contained a compliment, or something that closely related to one. The two Noiverns continued to converse, and Erza did her best to block them out while she talked.
"The west. Argent. Hail Lugia~"
She laughed the last part, weakly throwing her fist in the air in mock adoration. It wasnt really much of a celebretory statement, only something to add flare into the conversation. Everybody was busy unpacking and getting ready to settle down, and to even be engaged in conversation was something of a rarity. There seemed to be an underlying sense of dread hanging over the group like a black cloud, and the tension was so thick you could slice it with a knife.
"Where did you meet your Noivern? I know they're very hard to find, especially when they're young. Not to mention they're stubborn as all getout."
Erza smirked and earned a very dis-believing flare from Caspar, which she couldnt stop the little smile on her face. It was true, her own pokemon were all stubborn, but it came with the joys of having them. In this day and age, it was hard to find a pokemon worth trusting. To find a team of three pokemon with an undying love for a trainer, was something that was to be cherished. She rested a hand in the thick tuft of Caspar's mane while her other two pokemon joined her side.
"See? Even Erza thinks you're annoying."
"She said stubborn, not annoying."

Caspar rolled his eyes before Sage, being the massive Typhlosion she was, addressed the opposing Noivern.
"Sage, and this is Iris, the big green thing."
"Big green thing? You're much bigger than me."
"Yes, but you're still green. Besides, it's your species that threatens this part of the territory."
"True, but.. Trapinch are children. After Evolution-"
"The last thing I want is to hear you talk about your species again, Iris."
"Anyways. It's a pleasure to meet you, Caius."
"Caspar tends to be competitive, watch out."
"Don't mind the two idiots, Caius. From where do you come from? How did you meet your Partner?"

@Ambra[/fieldbox]

Deep within the forest, a primal roar could be heard. A beast so massive, the very ground upon which the group of nations had set up camp, trembled in its wake. They could see, from where they were, the trees rustle and the Pokemon birds scatter from their homes. Covering the skies with their escape, the birds fled from the monstrous disturbance. It was unknown, at that point, what the band of soldiers felt within their hearts and minds. Fear? Curiosity? A little bit of both? It did not matter, for the monster drew ever so closer. The bestial roar continued to shred through the air, filling the ears of both man and Pokemon alike with irritation - it was as if the skies cracked with the sound of thunder. Of course, to any human, these mammoth cries sound naught but what they hear - a growl. To Pokemon, however, they would know the relentless roaring are, in fact, cries for "(HELP!)". The roaring stopped as the giant beast emerged from the evergreens; a massive snake of steel and stone, whose silver coating glistened underneath the sunshine. Unlike the rest of his kind, this serpentine Pokemon was scarred and its prongs were sharp. Built for war, the Steelix crawled wearily to the shoreline. It fell, seemingly dead. It caused tremors with its massive fall, and its breathing, faintly as it was, grew fainter by the minute. It unwrapped its tail to reveal the angel, Valerian, whose blood trickled down Steelix's tail, tainting such beauteous silver with rivulets of red. Gustav, the Steelix of such raw power, looked up above the mountains, and he saw the group somewhere beyond the waterfalls. After one, final roar, Gustav fell unconscious. Both he and his master rested near the riverbank, the splashing water of the falls sprinkling coolly against their skin. "G-Gustav, n-no," the woman whispered, her hand reddened with her own blood.

From the trees, another bird Pokemon emerged. However, this bird soared not in fear of Gustav's massive size, but because it was with them. The Pokemon, a Talonflame flew with tainted grace, as it too, was injured. The Talonflame struggled to fly from the riverbank up above the falls, with each flap of the wing shedding three or four feathers. It was bruised, but its injuries were concealed underneath its black and vermillion feathers. Upon reaching the lands beyond the waterfalls, the injured Talonflame landed, not minding the humans. It was not wild, as it had a saddle upon its back, with pouches that clinked and clanked with iron caltrops and other small weapons. Around its neck was a pendant with the name "Borvo" carved on it, revealing its name to the party of nations. It dared not lock eyes with the humans, but it spoke with a broken voice. "Talon, Talonflame! (You must help me and my friends!)," Borvo squawked, flippantly flapping its wings in desperation. It spoke to all of the group's Pokemon, having no time for introductions.

Down bellow, Valerian awoke once more, and she tried to remove the countless razor leaves lodged within her left thigh and arms. "Help!" She bellowed.

Gustav, Steelix
Borvo, Talonflame
Valerian

Last edited by a moderator:
It had been peaceful up until now, nobody had gotten into a fight and the group was talking to one another. Minami had been setting up camp, having started a fire and making a paste of berries to preserve for later. Kisuke sat next to her, nibbling happily on a pecha berry she had given him as thanks for his efforts.
Minami was about to move one of the slabs of meat Mika returned to her onto the fire, but was stopped when a ground shaking roar met her ears.

At first she was wary of the beast that would be able to make such sounds, but it took but a moment to realize it did not sounded threatening. On the contrary, the beast, which turned out to be a steelix, seemed distraught and hurt.
Mika and Kisuke confirmed her suspicions as they looked at her urgingly and took some steps toward the fallen beast. Kisuke quickly swooped her up after she nodded and flew towards the two injured pokemon and their apparent master.

Kisuke flew Minami to the girl within just a flew flaps of his massive wings, landing swiftly and allowing Minami to slide off his wing so she coupd reach the girl. She crouched down as she spotted blood covering the girl and looked her over. 'You, girl. Where are you hurt?' she asked her, grabbing a small pouch with herbs from her waist.
Mika approached the fiery bird and sniffed him a bit. 'You alright? What happened?' she asked.
Meanwhile Kinzoku was uncharacteristically worried about the fallen steelix and glanced at Minami in the meantime.

@PontiwontiPrime

The trek had been exhilarating. Trevor had lost track of how many days they'd been going for, even, but now that they were heading towards Aurios, well, of course he was bound to be excited. Excited enough to almost lose his head in the clouds.

Sure, he was part of the Aurosian army for Suicune's sake, but he hadn't actually been in his home nation for who knows how long. It'd been at least three years, that he knew. He wondered if anything had changed since then. Probably not. Maybe they'd even pass through his hometown later (he chuckled to himself). That was... unlikely. But if they did and his irksome brothers were there, well... he'd know what to do this time around.

Trevor had been lagging behind the rest of the group and taking his time, only barely keeping them in sight for the most part. Unless there was a reason to talk to them, he wouldn't try to get too close. Small talk was rather pointless to him. Another reason he'd been purposefully staying in the back was because he was busy examining all the undergrowth and wildlife, although perhaps a little too gleefully. He wasn't too familiar with this particular area of Leonias and, well, he was curious. What was the point of traveling if he didn't even get the chance to have a taste of his surroundings?

Not having any Pokemon to ride on, though, he'd had to walk the whole way on foot. Not the ideal circumstances for traveling, but he was used to it at this point. Oriel was more or less used to it, too, levitating behind Trevor and watching for possible signs of danger. Linden, on the other hand, wasn't faring so well and had taken to latching stubbornly onto his back. Frogadier weren't built for long distance traveling, much to the Pokemon's annoyance (and to Oriel's amusement). If anything, Linden definitely wasn't looking forward to the cold - he'd just been getting comfortable with the warmer weather down south.

The discovery of the waterfall later on that week was more or less a pleasant one for him. After all, there'd even been a few Sawsbuck spotted around the area, hadn't there? Trevor wasn't much of a fan of hunting, but Oriel, on the other hand...

As they set up camp, he briefly scanned the group, trying to remember who they were or if they'd ever even registered in his mind before. The blank look on his face said it all. He... didn't think he even remembered meeting any of these people.

Trevor found his gaze lingering on the woman with an Arcanine, an Noivern and an Umbreon for a little too long (where did she even get all those rare Pokemon?). The corners of his mouth curled up subconsciously into a wide smile as his thoughts drifted off. He could imagine the Umbreon as a part of his team already - or maybe as a fur coat, if it ever got too troublesome.

Trevor shifted a little uneasily. No. He was traveling with a group of people now, not as a single person, and causing trouble would only end badly for him. Since they were in the middle of practically nowhere at the moment, they'd probably then find an excuse to dish out some "justice" on their behalf and, well, no one would ever notice if he happened to conveniently vanish off the face of the planet.

He quickly decided against doing anything of the sort.

A cry of "help!" from somewhere above him startled him from his thoughts. Trevor, immediately looking upwards, realized it was someone... being carried by a Talonflame and landing right in the middle of their camp. Without even thinking, his hand went to his claymore. He normally wasn't nearly this paranoid, but someone just bursting in like that, well...

Trevor narrowed his eyes and took a step closer to peer over at Minami who was now apparently trying to patch the girl up, but made no move to help.

"She could be trouble," he insisted rather bluntly to Minami as he eyed the newcomer with suspicion, "You shouldn't be helping her until we're sure this isn't a trap."

@Minami

As Minami was attempting to get a response from the girl, while chewing on some herbs she was spoken to by a member of their group.
She looked back at the male, who she had overheard was named Trevor. He hadn't been very social with the group, instead lagging behind a bit.
The male was an Aurion, like herself and Atheros, but she had not spoken to him yet. Upon hearing his blunt tone of voice and suspicious stance towards the girl her eyes narrowed slightly.
'Her partners are injured as is she. Even if they were not, they would be outmatched by our numbers.
She herself does not even have any weapons on her at this time.' she snapped slightly. She understood his suspicious behavior, she was like that herself, but seeing someone so injured was not something she would ignore.
'If nobody helps her now she may die of blood loss.' she continued, simply turning back to the girl and covering her more visible wounds with the herb paste she made.

@I dunno

trade-winds.regular.png

The young man nodded understandably. He wondered what would have happened if he had not been a fellow Fulmi. Despite himself not being the talkative type of person, always sticking to the shadows but keeping his eyes on everyone's movements, he found this man very interesting. Quinn, in his years as a soldier, had met with all sorts of people. Arrogant bastards, shy and quiet men and women, men who were clearly the alpha-males... all around his homeland, there were a variety of personalities. It was uplifting to see another one of his own people taking the journey with him, even if he did talk to much in his opinion.

At the man's words, Thresh beamed proudly, puffing out his chest and making himself appear bigger, prompting the Luxray to roll his eyes at the dragon's behaviour. Quinn's eyes also held a spark of light and proudness as he nodded at Wyeth as if to agree with him. "Yes, they are quite a rare sight in Fulmion. I met this one in my village," he murmured in a soft voice with ever-polite tone. It was true that Ground-types typically did not make their homes in the land of Fulmion, except for those who had the ability Lightningrod. They were the ones who lived near the outskirts, typically emerging from their homes and dens whenever the normal Fulmion storms began to rumble in the sky.

Quinn nodded. "Yes, indeed. They are nicknamed 'land sharks' for a reason," the man said, now with an amused tone. How long would it take for Thresh to finally achieve his dream? Even the soldier, who could not communicate with his companions with their language, knew how much he dreamed of evolving once more. "What do you do back in our lands?" he asked Wyeth with curious eyes, changing the subject. Hopefully he would not prompt how he had met his closest Pokemon.

@Ambra

Suzume
The woman was more than willing to speak to her, and while Suzume herself wasn't much of a talkative one, it was better to converse than do nothing all day. Not to mention the fact that if she remained moody and unapproachable, it would be hard to deal with the rest of the group. It was then that Erza explained that she hailed from Argent, tossing up an arm in a salute as she laughed. The blonde woman remained unphased-- it was nice to see someone so proud of their nation, but it might rub someone's feathers in the wrong way. "I heard the scenery in Argent is magnificent, especially near the ocean," she began, letting her arms drop to the sides once more. "I've been to Argent only twice during my time as a soldier, but I was never able to see the shrines close to the shore."

Her gaze flicked to the Pokemon again. It seemed like they were getting along. Erza had a curious bunch; a Flygon, a Noivern, and a fire-maned beast that she forgot the name of. She had never seen such a strange gathering of Pokemon before. Then again, if Erza was a soldier, she might have gotten the creatures to bond with her during her treks through the nations. Suddenly, she asked how she and her Noivern met. Suzume glanced over at Caius, who was occupied with speaking to the other Pokemon. "I met him in Phoenicis. Some Pokemon had chased him over the border of Leonias and he ran straight into our platoon. He was in the form he is now, so I always found it strange that a fully-evolved Pokemon, and a dragon, at that, couldn't defend himself." Surprisingly, Suzume was more than willing to speak about Caius. Anything involving meeting her Pokemon was a fond memory. "But he looked like he was a bit battered up, so he might have been too tired to fight back."

"Surprisingly, Caius isn't too troublesome or stubborn, usually," she shrugged, raising a hand to scratch at the back of her head. "But sometimes, he can be a plain nuisance to deal with."

Caius turned toward her and blinked. Was his master really speaking about that embarrassing backstory? He was about to groan and start screeching at her to stop, but before he could, the matter was already done and over with. At a chirp, he turned back towards the other Pokemon and watched as they chattered amongst themselves. It was then that they asked him about how he and his partner met, and his tail gave a lash. 'Oh... her army gave me to her. We've been together for a year or two,' he blurted out almost immediately, hoping that the Pokemon did not overhear.

An earth-rumbling roar reached their ears, and Caius squawked in surprise when a russet bird suddenly approached them. It was begging for help, stating that his friends needed aid. The Noivern chattered at his partner, spreading his wings as if preparing for flight. "What in Ho-Oh's name was that?" Suzume hissed under her breath, promptly mounting the scaled creature. Even though he was smaller than Seraph, he was still big enough to carry her on his back. Caius beat his wings and took off, darting over the cliff to where the other people were gathered. A large, steel snake was laying near the water, and a woman was screaming for help as well. The dark dragon snorted as he drifted down to the ground, his talons touching the soft soil as his wings snapped closed. Suzume got off of Caius's back and trotted up to the three. Another woman was arguing with a man she hadn't caught sight of before-- the two were arguing with another, stating whether or not she should be trusted.

"Stranger or not," the blonde stated, walking up to them. "She's wounded and unarmed. It is better to tend to her and then question her about her intentions." Her brown eyes rested on the male shortly and coldly before wavering over to their "healer". "Are you sure of what you are doing?"

@Ayla @I dunno @PontiwontiPrime @Minami
Wyeth
Quinn had a soft voice; he wondered if he was a farmer or a simple civilian that had joined their cause. He was also explicitly polite, almost noble-like. What was his story, he didn't know-- and he wasn't about to ask. It was too soon to question someone about their past, even if they were from the same country. Wyeth bobbed his head ever so lightly as the other male spoke about Gabites' nicknames, which was 'land shark'. It was terrifying to think about. You could be walking down a path, and all of a sudden, those giant teeth shoot from the ground and munch on your leg. A Garchomp's bite was more often than not fatal, or so he heard.

The Fulmi suddenly changed the topic, and Wyeth got the message that he probably didn't want to speak any further about Gabite or Garchomp. He asked him what he did in Fulmion, and the man allowed a smile to come across his lips. "I'm a soldier, even though I don't seem like one. I don't roam across Atlas with the rest of the army-- I'm one of the people who stay behind and protect Fulmion while the others invade and plunder," he explained, appearing rather proud of the fact that he was one of the men and women who protected instead of attacked. While it could be rather boring at times, he would rather stay in his homeland than stumble blindly through every other nation.

Before Wyeth could talk about his role in the Fulmi army any longer, there was a roar. The ground trembled, and Ciel perked up behind him, racing to his side in an instant. The Luxray growled as his fur bristled, crackling with electricity. He didn't dare touch the lion-like Pokemon in fear of being electrocuted, but if he could, he would have patted his head. "What was that?" he breathed, his eyes wide as he watched people scramble down the cliff. Was it an earthquake? A landslide? Was someone attacking? Wyeth ran to the edge of the cliff as well, peering down at the small gathering of people below. Was that... a Steelix? It was a huge Pokemon to say the least. If it was an enemy, then they were all in danger. Thankfully, the Pokemon was unmoving, probably asleep or unconscious. Two women and a male were tending to another figure near the Steel-type who appeared to be injured. Ciel snarled down at the stranger, lashing his tail angrily. The man simply watched, a frown on his lips. What would they do with the person when she was healed..?

@Sen @Minami @I dunno @PontiwontiPrime

Around her, the men and women began to gather. It was unknown how they scaled from atop the cliffs to down below the riverbank, but Valerian and her partners thanked the almighty Entei for the grace, nonetheless. Razor leaves were lodged deep within her left thigh and arms, and she could do naught but groan in the pain of such an attack. Nay, she could not even move. If the knightly archer could, she would thank them, but words rolled back within her throat from the stinging pain she had continued to endure. With vision blurred and sense of touch numbing, Valerian simply stared at the woman that stood before her. She looked cold, having platinum blonde to white hair, much like herself, but with eyes blue as a skyline who welcomes the morn. Valerian thought the woman was a spirit that came to take her to the high heavens, having succumbed to her wounds and died in the forest. This Minami was a mirror image of Valerian, but upon hearing the coldness of the way she spoke to Valerian, she was still in the cruel land of the living. She dared asked Valerian where she was hurt; could she not see that the markswoman was suffering pain beyond words? Did the blood of her left thigh and arms not red enough to see? Were the razor leaves not evident? It did not matter, for Valerian merely answered with understandable silence. She looked at Minami, shifting her gaze to her left thigh and her arms and answering her question without a single word. Her Ninetails, Mika, spoke to Valerian's Talonflame. Borvo, in response, told the Ninetails, "Talonflame, flame. Flame, Talonflame! (We were ambushed by a group of feral Pokemon. The forces are twisting their minds further. I, a Pokemon of Fire, was defeated by a rabid Grass Pokemon. It continued to barrage Gustav and my master after Gustav told me to look for help. To be defeated by Grass-types shouldn't be possible, but the evil affecting them is growing stronger.)"

As the two Fire-type Pokemon conversed, there came another man in the scene. Unlike Minami, who responded with ill-expressed albeit genuine care, this man was weary to question if the bleeding, unarmed woman and the injured Steelix, a large Pokemon that could potentially swat other Pokemon like flies, planned a trap. If Valerian's blood did not trickle from her body parts, she would beat this man senseless. She paid no attention to him, instead closing her eyes as Minami and some kind others tended to her. The woman, Minami, began to chew herbs into a thick and coagulative paste. Tapping into the faintest strength she had, Valerian wiped the makeshift ointment for fear of infection and pointed to the pockets to Talonflame's saddle and sides. One of the pockets held important medical tools, such as stitching needles and legitimate herb paste and oils; she even had bandages and clean strips of torn cloth. She needed professional care, and having a doctor for a mother helped her know how to cure many basic injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor's thoughts couldn't have been more different from Minami's. Alright, so maybe the girl herself and her Pokemon didn't look like she was capable of attacking them at the moment, but they could've been a diversion. Even if she was innocent, why were they in such bad shape? Her team didn't look weak by any definition of the word, so it must've been someone - or something - relatively strong. Whatever it was, Trevor didn't want to meet it. He frowned.

But as much as he disagreed with Minami's decision to heal her first and possibly ask questions never, he was decidedly against offending the people he'd have to stick by for the next few months, he guessed. The people he'd have to stick by for at least the next few months. Those few months... were going to be long and tedious. His initial excitement for the journey wouldn't last for long under these circumstances, he knew.

The frown on his face deepened as the blonde woman from before agreed with Minami. This was what he hated about groups. Traveling by himself was more dangerous, sure, but at least he'd gotten to make his own decisions then, not have to listen to others' input all the time. It quite frankly reminded him of Oriel and their refusal to cooperate most of the time - although now there were several Oriels and he knew little to nothing about any of them.

He inwardly reminded himself to keep his distance from these people, just in case things started looking grim and he had to make a quick retreat.

"Well if you insist," muttered Trevor to no one in particular, looking a little disgruntled, "But we should question her now while we have the chance. I'm not accusing anyone, but maybe whatever attacked her followed her here." He motioned vaguely to the direction she came from.

Linden, on the other hand, had been listening in on the Talonflame's story intently and was now noticeably a tad on the pale side. The thought of Grass types defeating a Flying type, for Arceus' sake, wasn't good news. And a Grass type against a Frogadier...? That could only end one way. Badly. "Grass types?" he said nervously, hopping over to Borvo. "That... can't be good. How close are they?"

The Frogadier glanced towards Valerian for a moment. "And I'd like to... apologize for Trevor's behavior, if that means anything to you."

@Ambra @PontiwontiPrime

Atharos and Shui - Music in the Moonlight

"He's been gone for too long." The Aurion prince had left the rest of the strange pack of warriors, because one of them: a man fond of water Pokémon, it seems, had vanished into the forest. So far, Atharos had not managed to share a decent conversation with the man, but he did worry for his safety. What if he had encountered some threat in the surrounding wild-land? What if he had been attacked by Savage electric Pokémon? How would he defend himself or his partners against a horde of Manectric or Galvantula? He had sent Bishop out to scout for him, while Knight stuck with him, in case they should run into some sort of danger. He had his Axe withdrawn and his shield at the ready, in case they found any feral monsters, or bandits.

"I don't like this, Knight. It's too q..."Atharos suddenly stopped speaking when he heard something out of place. There was a noise filling the air, but it wasn't the noise of battle, or of danger. It was a distinctly purposeful sound: a crafted sound, made by someone intentionally. He slowly led Knight towards the direction of the sound, pushing through the bushes and the forest silently, like a hunter stalking a Deerling.

As he pushed through one set of bushes, he was surprised by what he saw: Shui, playing music on a flute of bamboo. Instead of interrupting the man, who was mid-song, Atharos paused to listen to the music. He was to the man's back, so hopefully the man wouldn't be aware of his presence, but he made sure not to move quickly, so as to ensure the man didn't feel threatened. After all, Atharos was enjoying the tune of the flute: the man had talent with his instrument.

The entire band of soldiers had set up a camp a while ago, and things were dying down, having collected enough supplies to see them through a week of travelling, and then some. So, Shui stepped away from the rest to pay his tributes with the music of the Temple of Lugia. Now, to the outside, or anyone unfamiliar with the ways of the Warrior-Priests of Lugia, it would just seem like a particularly beautiful song on a flute. But to the Warrior-Priests, it was a spiritual tune that praised Lugia and asked for strength.

Jiao and Huang both sat quietly, listening to the music. Jiao on her haunches, as per usual, and Huang sitting like the Warrior-Priests themselves. Nothing but the sound of the flute filled the air around them. And, as the song picked up, the two Water-type Pokemon started to slowly dance in place in the method demonstrated at the monastery.

Shortly after the song came to an end, and an accompanying prayer to the deity, Lugia, Shui spoke. "A song, played to worship the Argentian deity, Lugia. The song asks many things of the god: peace, strength, and tranquility, among others," he said, directly to Atharos. Turning to the Aurion, Shui continued. "I played it in the hopes that Lugia answers, and grants us the will and strength to continue, so that the lands may find peace and tranquility."

Continuing, Shui said, "But, to people outside the faith and following of Lugia, it is still a beautiful song." Jiao and Huang turned to look at Atharos as well, calm and at ease. "Why did you come here?" he finally asked the bastard prince.

Atharos listened patiently as Shui explained the purpose of his song, nodding periodically to acknowledge he understood. He had to admit, the song was more pleasant than he had expected. If someone had said they were going to play a song of worship, he would have waved them off. Worship, in his mind, was best done through living and doing. Frivolous acts that take time out of your day were a waste, in his world. Suicune demanded fluidity, and adaptability. Rituals of worship were generally far too rigid to correctly praise the Aurion diety.

Shui finished up by asking questions of Atheros, and he straightened up once the man finished speaking. "When a man vanishes into the forest alone, without telling anyone, it arouses my curiosity. There are a dozen things you could be doing, and dozens more creatures in these woods which could have been attacking you while doing them."

Taking a few steps towards Shui, Atheros took in the man's appearance for the first time. He didn't strike Atheros as the typical image of an Argentian anything. "You don't look much like a holy-man. What should I call you?"

"I appreciate your concern. I didn't expect my absence to cause such a stir in anyone. Thank you," Shui said, thanking Atheros for coming to find him. In all honesty, Shui would've been fine, having fought both other people and Pokémon before while training as a Warrior-Priest in the Temple of Lugia. His Pokémon were well-trained, too, and were able to handle themselves in combat.

"Oh? You may call me many things. You may call me a Warrior-Priest of Lugia, for example. Another would be Xiurongese, not a normal Argentian citizen. For all intents and purposes, true Argentians can hold very prejudiced opinions about us. Finally, if none of those suit, you may just call me by my name, Shui," Shui answered to Atheros. "What about you?"

Atharos listened to the man-of-many-titles, taking all of the information in and adding it to the growing mental notepad of characters in his party. So far, this man was proving to be the most unusual. "I'm afraid I have far fewer, far less interesting titles. I am Atharos, of Aurios."

He looked at the man's partners: Two water types. Did he not fear the possibility of being put on the ropes by electric types? It seemed fool-hardy to ignore that chance. Perhaps there was a third pokemon in the wings, which gave him such confidence. "I'll admit I've never met a Xiurongese before. What is your homeland like?"

"I've never been to Xiurong. Anything I could tell you would be a secondhand experience of anyone that was around at that time. Though, from what I could ever gather, Xiurong is a wasteland, now. Ravaged and destroyed by power and malice so great it could have only been by the hand of a God. That God, my forefathers tell me, is the God of Destruction, Yveltal. For reasons lost, Yveltal snapped awake and razed the entire country in one felling, destroying an entire civilization. A land and country once so beautiful and prosperous, more so than Pheonicis, reduced to naught."

"Oh, but you wish to know about my homeland? My homeland is the rural areas on the end of Argent, on the western side of the mountains, caressing the Ebony Sea. This is so because that is where the first generation of Xiurongese Immigrants set foot. When they came ashore, they were not greeted with open arms. They cried for help and a place to survive, and were answered with a section of segregated land and 36 years of racism. Yet, we Xiurongese Immigrants still live and prosper, even under the hardships given to us by many Native Argentians. Xiurongese Argentians are a quiet but prosperous people of laborers, mainly farmers, tilling the fields to forget hardship and make life better. The land we are bound to stresses this perfectly, very fertile and bountiful."

Shui let out a soft chuckle as he finished his speech. "I could describe Xiurongese Argent to you for the remainder of this night, but by the break of dawn, it still wouldn't have fully painted the picture. The strokes of the brush are there, but the watercolor is not. To truly know Xiurongese Argent, one must see it, experience it. You will just need to be there for yourself. Only then will the brush touch with the pigment and paint Xiurongese Argent for you."

Once more, Atheros simply listened to the man as he described himself and the homeland he lost. His face, which had been passive throughout the last speech, changed slightly at the mention of the Argentian's harsh mistreatment of the Xiurongese. He almost spoke out about the cruelty of his country's long-time enemies, and how it is a shame that the foreigners did not make land in Aurios, but he stopped himself. Was he so sure that his predecessors would be so kind? Would the worshippers of Suicune adhere to their policy of fluidity and grace and be the gracious hosts to the foreigners?

It was impossible to say, and pointless to contemplate. He could waste time talking with this man of could haves and would-bes, but they mattered little now. "I would very much like to see your homeland...Both homelands. While Xiurong may have lost its former glory, it would still be a view worth seeing."

After a moment of silence, Atharos suddenly spoke out. "Bah, this talk is depressing, and serves us ill. We should return to camp. Food is no doubt cooking, and I'm sure the others would be delighted to hear your song. It has helped lift my spirits, if nothing else."

Turning, Atharos swung his axe to cut through a large patch of growth. As he did, it became obvious how prepared the Prince was: a number of trees had small gouge marks, from where Knight had marked them: A clear path to the camp. "I am curious: how does a foreigner come to become a Priest of Lugia. Surely those of Xiurong have their own god?"

Following Atharos on their way back to the camp, Shui carried Jiao in his arm, and Huang followed close behind. He listened to Atharos as he asked one more question of Shui. "Well, there are a couple of reasons. Before the Xiurongese Immigrants came to Argent, the people of Xiurong worshiped multiple Gods in a Pantheon. Many figures in the Pantheon are worshiped here, in Atlas. After, though, the Xiurongese came to abandon their Pantheon, whom had betrayed them, and came to worship Lugia. Nearly all of the Xiurongese Argentians worship Lugia as the Native Argentians do."

"The second reason has to do with a tale my mother and father used to tell me about the night that I was born. According to the village doctor, neither my mother nor I should have survived the birthing had it not been for an encounter with the God of the Sea, Rain, and Storm itself, Lugia. The night I was born, Lugia itself blessed me with its divine being and brought me into the world when fate had it written that I was to perish before even living. Because of this, I felt a duty to worship Lugia at its Temple and serve the God," Shui explained as he navigated behind Atharos, Jiao in tow, and Huang right behind him.

"A man touched by a God, eh?" Atharos smirked at the idea. How many times had he heard similar tales in his lifetime? About the champions of Suicune, or Entei who would save or destroy Aurios, respectively? How many fools with illusions of Grandeur had he been forced to deal with?

... And yet, why did he believe Shui, at least to some degree? The man gave off an aura, so to speak. A genuine-ness that certainly made his faith seem profound when compared to the average worshipper.

Atharos cut through more of the forest and, soon enough, the pair were at the edge of the it. He could see the outline of the camp, and he shrugged. "I hope your god is watching over us. At this rate, we'll need divine intervention to even find a lead, let alone succeed." Atharos was waiting at the edge of the forest, and didn't seem to be in a rush to move. Shui had an opportunity in the silence to ask the Prince about himself, would he take it?

"I put my faith in the God of the Sea, Rain, and Storm to watch over us and offer its divine intervention where it sees fit, to help solve this crisis. That's the reason why I was playing the song to Lugia alone: to worship and praise Lugia, and to ask for its assistance and guidance. I won't drone you much longer with this talk of religion. It's not for everyone," Shui said.

As they neared the camp, Shui decided to learn about Atharos. "I have told you much about myself, but I've yet to learn about you, Atharos. Tell me, why have you come on this campaign? Was it for battle? Glory? Righteousness? Fame? Boredom?," Shui inquired, actually interested in learning about the bastard Prince.

What brought him here? It was a good question: one perhaps he hadn't asked of himself: It wasn't fame he sought, for he got enough of that for just being the bastard prince; it wasn't Glory, because there was little glory to be found in a mission almost certain to fail; He cared little for Righteousness, because the concept was malleable; and if he truly sought battle, surely keeping the state of things as it was would be his goal.

"Perhaps duty. Perhaps Pride...Perhaps I'm just arrogant, and I fear that left to anyone else, the job won't be done right." The man shrugged his shoulders, as he looked at the warrior-priest. He started to walk back towards the direction of camp, assuming that Shui would follow. "In truth, it is probably a combination of all three. We should get back soon."

Shui listened to the man as he answered his question. He was slightly impressed by Atharos; the everyday person has a hard time admitting to his sins, especially to someone they'd met relatively just then. Shui, being Xiurongese, has experience the darkness in people first-handed, and then see them turn to their neighbors and claim, as Lugia as their witness, that they are free of wrong.

"I, too, feel a sense of duty in this expedition. A duty to Lugia, a duty to the Xiurongese, a duty to Atlas, and a duty to Pokemon. I feel like I have a calling to serve and help the movement to stop this time of darkness and find peace among the Pokemon with the hopes of that droplet rippling the waters and, in turn, acquiring peace among us humans," Shui responded nobly. He then said, "Yes, others have most definitely grown to be curious about our whereabouts."

"Then let's not keep them any longer." He nodded to the monk, facing the camp with the same stoic, blank face he was probably starting to get a reputation for. "I enjoyed this talk."

"And I, likewise. It was enlightening to meet you, Atharos," Shui replied, smiling with the fluidity he carried around him as a general aura. Calm, flowing, fluid. As a being, he embodied water's calmer side. He was reminiscent of a stream, flowing over the rocks and pouring into a larger body, as Shui gave himself to something larger than himself, Lugia and its will.

Looking onto the camp, he saw not much had changed, and it seemed no one was rushing about, searching for the two. Shui would follow Atharos' lead, contemplating what he had said earlier. Would the entire guild enjoy his song as Atharos had suggested? He hoped; he would enjoy sharing such beauty with the others.

As Atharos and Shui returned to camp, the bastard Prince led them to the centre of the camp, where food was starting to cook. He ignored the havok of the newcomers, and tasted the Stew boiling in the middle. It needed more salt...

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Dianna had been lagging behind, knowing that her Salamence, named Longwei, wouldn't approve of her being near any people that were consitered enemies in the past, or present for that matter. Once she heard the person with the noble looking Charizard state that he was going to scout ahead, this made her feel a little safer. She patted Longwei lightly and he grabbed her, placing his master on his back along with the Dratini known as Astarot. Astarot had been lightly coiled around her neck and looking out for danger. Not that Dianna needed to be looked out for, but it was nice knowing that her fellow friends cared for her safety.

"Take us up, Longwei." With that, he flapped his massive pair of wings once and they were in the air. He was riding along mostly short bursts of wind, but would eventually flap his wings and fly on his own if the wind did happen to stop at a particular moment. Dianna made sure to look out for wild pokemon that looked as if they were going to attack, Astarot, of course, doing the same. "Longwei, you can go ahead an land if you get tired." Dianna may think on everything before speaking or doing, but she knew that if her best friend, her Salamence, were to get exausted in any way that he might end up crashing and hurting himself and Astarot.

Once the Charizard was spotted by Astarot, she lighty pushed down on Lonwei's back, commanding him to go down. "A place to set camp, huh? I feel like that's a great idea. What do you guys think?" She directed her question at her loyal dragon types. The asnwer that they both gave off at the same time sounded like a 'Yes' to her, so she nodded. "Set up camp it is." With that, Longwei went higher into the sky, but only by a meter or two, trying to spot where the said camp was going to be. Even though she never talked with anyone from the group and kept her distance, she knew where they were going and never looked forward to it. She loved the heat and how it made her dragon conpanions happy, but the colder places made all three of them get chills down their spines just by thinking about it.

A few minutes pass and they are at the said campsite and people were already starting to get ready. With a pat to Lonwei's side, he went in for a landing, being careful not to startle anyone or kick up too much dust. Once they landed, she simply took a pokemon pelt and layed it down onto the ground, her Salamence instantly putting nearby rocks on the corners to keep it from blowing away. That was all she needed to set up since her companion wouldn't allow her to sleep anywhere but on his back, and even if she were to attempt to sleep anywhere different, he would place her atop his back while she slept.

Though often times Lonwei can be a bit too protective, he was like a second father to her. Having to grow up without someone other than a human dad would soon prove to be a little sad, but with Salamence here, she felt right at home, along with the company of Astarot, who she consitered a sister. As she pat both of her parters in a friendly mannor, she went to gather berries for the rest of the group to eat and use for healing. That's when a loud roar scared her nearly to death, for is was very sudden. She dropped what she was doing and ran to where Lonwei rested. Both of her pokemon seemed to be on high-alert and Dianna was now just curious about what it was.

Should she check it out, she ran the risk of getting into a fight too early on in the travels, but if she didn't go, she ran the risk of letting whatever it was attack her fellow companions. It was then she looked to the sky, hearing the sounds of flapping, only to see what looked to be a Talonflame. "What is this pheonix pokemon doing way out here? Shouldn't they stay where it's warm?" She wasn't asking anyone in particular, but Astarot and Lonwei wasted no time. With Dianna at their side, they went to investigate what was going on, first checking with what seemed to be a distressed fire-bird pokemon. After it was done squawking about its troubles, Salamence looked at Dianna and nodded. "Mence, Sala-Salamence..." (This Talonflame is injured, along with its friends...) "Tini, Dratini!" (Then let's go, Lonwei!)

Even though Dianna couldn't exactly tell what the two were saying, she could get the gist of it. She mounted her royal-blue dragon steed and flew off to investigate, noticing others were doing the same. Being the quiet person she was, no one seemed to notice her yet, which was to be expected. Once they arrived at the scene, her Dratini began speaking to her Salamence. "Dratini! Dra- Dratini, tini!" (It's a steel snake pokemon! I've never seen one up close, but it looks hurt!) "Sala..." (Indeed...) Once they land, they simply obvserve the event taking place, readying for anything that might happen. "It may look hurt, but keep your gaurd up. It might be a trap..."

Minami glanced at the second member of the group to join them at the site, a female this time. She was happy the woman agreed with her way of thinking and stood by, the male also agreeing.

'She cannot speak, she is too weak. Grass pokemon attacked her obviously, but I see no signs of injuries from human weaponry. She may have encountered a swarm of wild pokemon. Treecko and nuzleaf tend to travel in groups, led by an evolved leader of sorts. They shoupd be common around this area.' she spoke her thoughts.

She was busy with her paste when the injured girl weakly attempted to stop her and remove her paste, causing her to lift a brow in disbelief. Glancing inside the pouch the girl pointed at she spotted several medicinal ointments and needle with thread. She grunted in annoyance, unknown with the oils and ointments the girl carried, having only learned of natural herbs to cure wounds with.
'I do not know what all this is, excuse my inexperience with it.' she spoke, her voice still a bit snappy. She huffed a bit and took some of the ointment, applying it to the wound before glancing at the needle and thread.
'It's best if I sew her wounds shut as soon as possible, but this is not the best place for it.' she said to her fellow companions. 'Kisuke, carefully lift her.' she spoke to the dragon by her side, after covering the girl's wounds with some bandaging loosely. She did not remove the leaves yet, in fear they had hit a major artery.

As Kisuke gently lifted the girl onto his back with Minami's help and flew them both to the camp, Mika looked at the talonflame. 'My mistress will help yours, come with me.' she said, quickly moving up the hill towards the camp. Kinzoku stayed by the fallen steelix, attempting to lift him with his magnetism, but failing and simply remaining in his spot.

Kiyoshi X
Kiyoshi was at the camp tending to the food and feeding Toshi when he saw Minami's Noivern carring a random girl to the camp. He stood up and walked over to them, Minami had patched the girl up nicely. "What happened to her?" Kiyoshi looked at how bad in shape she was, Toshi came flying over to the group. Toshi looked sad and worried for the unknown girl. "I hope she's okay." Toshi said to Minami's Noivern, Kisuke. As Kiyoshi was worried about the new girl, Ying and Neno came back to the camp. Ying had a few logs in his arms and Neno brought some more berries and treats for the Pokemon. "Ying, please make a resting place for this poor girl." Ying shook his head and started to chop the wood up, in a few seconds he had a makeshift resting bed.

"I think this should work as a place for you to rest, those wounds look bad and deadly. You shouldn't walk around." Kiyoshi looked at the girl again, she probably wasn't listening to him, with everything happening to her. Kiyoshi looked at Minami, "Did she have any other Pokemon with her?" Kiyoshi hoped that no one else was hurt and had been left out there to die, that would have been horrible to say the least.

Interaction(s): @Minami @PontiwontiPrime

Kisuke quickly, but gently allowed Minami and the girl to slide off his back. Minami lifted the girl and looked at Kiyoshi thankfully. 'That will help, my grattitude. She was with a steelix and a talonflame, her partners. The talonflame is injured, bug not severely. The steelix, however, must have shielded her the entire time they were attacked and is passed out on the shore. Kinzoku is trying to move him, but he isn't strong enough. Perhaps Atheros' aggron may be able to help get the beast up here.' she stated.

She placed the girl on the makeshift bed and removed her loosely placed bandages. The next task would be the most painful; removing the leaves from the girl's flesh.
She took out a small stick from her bag and wrapped a leaf around it, holding it in front of the girl's mouth. 'Bite on this. The juice from the leaf will numb your pain.' she said.

She moved to the side of the bed and tightly gripped the first leaf, pulling it out as quick as she could without damaging the girl. She was relieved to see the blood flowing out was not as much as she expected. The girl was most likely not hit fatally.
She continued on to the next leaf and the next after that, eventually pulling out the last leaf. Next, she took out the needle and thread, cleaned it off and started sewing the wounds shut.

Dianna looked at the pokemon left behind and let out a heavy sigh. "The least they could do is try to see what's wrong with the pokemon, if anything is wrong, if they're going to be careless anyways." She muttered to herself as she picked Astarot off of her shoulders and placed her on the ground. She then went on to walk to the huge, spiked monster of a pokemon. From first glance someone could mistake her for a man the way she walked, talked and even looked. And she wouldn't be surprised if someone thought so, either. Her flat chest would only make it worse, and with her hair spiked the way it was would only make people confirm that she was actually a he. Not that she cared, in fact she would rather be seen as a man rather than weak because of her gender. Once she made it to the Steelix, she noticed it wasn't even awake and looked at the one attempting to lift it. With her hand over her chin, she thought for a moment.

"Perhaps it is better to treat it here and now, rather than to try picking it up only for it to fall back down. And whatever attacked it, it seems to have done quite a bit of damage consitering its size. First we tend to it, then we wait for it to awaken, for its safety." The way she spoke was in a serious way, and her tone was almost intimidating. "Longwei! Please come here, along with Astarot." With that, the Salamence picked up the Dratini and made his way over to his master, setting the small serpent pokemon down on the ground and awaiting orders. "Astarot will come with me to get Pecha berries and Sitrus berries. The Sitrus berries will heal the wounds, but the Pecha will more than likely eleminate any poisons running through its systems." "Mence." (Right.) With that, Dianna ran off towards the closest, seen bushes and began picking said berries while Longwei stood as still as a statue.

It was then that things started to get better for Borvo and his knightly master - the Talonflame, whose injuries could be sustained and completely healed within a day or two, conversed with two friendly Pokemon. The Ninetails Mika, was a convivial host who took the initiative to show concern. The two Fire-types discussed the gravity of the situation, expressing fear that a single Grass-type could do such a thing to a team of experienced warriors. Borvo, Gustav, and Valerian were always so cliquish, they basically knew what one another thought. It was their closeness that stemmed from when Valerian was but a mere child, that made Borvo, Gustav, and Valerian an indomitable force... that is, until now.

Their formation was always so simple albeit unbreakable: Valerian mounted atop Talonflame, shooting arrows from above. Gustav, who was strong and massive, could deflect such puny arrows, and so Valerian didn't worry about hitting the Steelix. If situations took a turn for the worse, Borvo was permitted to make the skies rain with tongues of fire. But no, they were outmatched. They were joined by a Frogadier named Linden, who was a tad bit scared at the thought of fighting the monster that attacked Borvo and his companions "Talonflame, Talonflame... (I remember now. It was a Sceptile. They are fast, and I was sniped down by a single razor leaf that injured my wing. I couldn't fly, I attempted to glide, and I let my master fall to the ground!)" Borvo said, his guilt evident in his voice. "Talonflame! Talonflame, Flame... (Sceptile fought with ethereal speed, and began slicing trees for them to fall on Gustav! He was smart, he knew he couldn't take my brother head on. Gustav couldn't dodge, and even if his body is harder than diamonds, the number of trees that fell on him took its toll. He coiled around Valerian whilst this Sceptile, joined by a pack of Grovyle, began barraging them with razor leaves and vinewhips, while I helplessly hopped on foot until I could find a clearing and fly again. That was when I found you.)" With one heavy sigh, Borvo began to drink the water near the falls. Looking over to Linden and Ninetails, he let loose a sigh of relief. "Talonfla-Talon? Flame, Talonflame! (They aren't close. We're safe, for we were attacked below the waterfalls but I'm here, and you brought Valerian here, and Gustav is... oh no. Gustav is still down below!)" Mika the Ninetails had told Borvo to come with her, but he hopped over to the edge of the cliff, seeing Gustav with Metagross and a young, feminine man with spiky hair. He had with him a Dratini and a Salamence, but in the distance the tree leaves began to shake with movement, and the rustling drew closer to the injured Steelix.

@I dunno @Minami

Down below, Gustav opened his eyes as the Metagross Kinzoku. He attempted to lift Gustav up, but dropped him once more. The immense size of the steel snake created miniature quakes. In his frustration, Gustav primally snarled at Kinzoku, whose whole body could fit in the Steelix's mouth. "Steelix!? Steelix! (What are you doing!? Stop it this instance!)" Arrogant as always, Gustav weakly bit the space in front of Kinzoku with his sharpened iron teeth, as his attempts to lift the mighty steel snake were futile. Gustav struggled to rise. Gathered around him were a female with spiky hair with her two Pokemon, Dratini and Salamence. "Steelix!? Ix, Steelix!? (Where is the daughter of my master!? What have you done with her!?)" The giant Pokemon began shaking in confusion and anger, having woken up from his unconsciousness. Gustav did not directly answer to Valerian as master, as he was her father, Siegfried's Pokemon ever since he was an Onix. It was Siegfried's dying wish for the evolved Steelix to take good care of Valerian, and so he did. At this point, Gustav needed to calm down, and nothing could ease his worries save for the reassurance of a rescued Valerian. From the corner of his eye, Gustav noticed the girl and her Dratini, Astarot walk towards the forest. "Steelix! (No, don't!)".

It seemed awfully quiet in the forest, and the rustling that Borvo had seen earlier ceased, for now. While Dianna and her Dratini were picking berries, there appeared in front of them the corrupted Sceptile. Dianno and Dratini did not notice him in front of them, and as if a tiger toying with its food, the Sceptile got a Berry from Dianna's hands and ate it himself. Afterwards, the Grass Pokemon let loose a cackle. He was driven by the unknown force. She could then see about two Grovyle up in the trees, scaling them, jumping from branch to branch to toy with the girl and her Dratini. After intimidating them back to the riverbank, the Sceptile and two Grovyle, Valerian's attackers, made themselves known. Sceptile jumped on Gustav's head as the leaves on Sceptile's arms glowed green, signifying it is preparing to use the attack Leaf Blade. Gustav closed his eyes and began shaking wildly.

@Cheselth

Beyond the falls, Valerian began wincing in pain as Minami began patching her up. What she hated most about war and combat was the stinging feeling of having your wounds sewed tightly back into place. She never got used to that. As the daughter of a knightly soldier and a daughter, she knew the dark sides of both paths, but it was her destiny to walk on both at once. Valerian nodded at Minami and her Noivern, gripped Minami's cloth and biting and chewing on the anaesthetic leaf. She had a gut feeling inside of her that one of her friends were in danger, and she was right. Gustav was still down below, along with Kinzoku, Astarot, Longwei, and Dianna.

She mustered all of her strength and stood up once Minami was finished with the stitching. She spat the leaves, and walked to her Talonflame, Borvo. "Thank you," she said, her voice hushed with worry for Gustav. Valerian struggled, and some of the smaller wounds were still not closed, but she cared little for her own state. She grabbed her long bow and the quiver full of arrows strapped on Talonflame's sides and readied herself, putting a steel arrow between her fingers. She put the arrow in front of Borvo's beak, upon which he breathed fire to its tips. She aimed for the three Grass-type Pokemon, two Grovyles and a Sceptile, that appeared to them before ultimately locking target to the leader's head who readied a Leaf Blade. She was going to kill the Sceptile, and nothing could stop her. Releasing the arrow forth into the air, the burning projectile flew fast.

@Minami

Kinzoku silently stepped back as the steelix stirred and snapped at him, seemingly unphazed by his reaction. He simply turned to look at the top of the hill and looked back. 'Your woman is up there. Mine is treating her injuries.' he spoke in a deep, metallic voice.
The metal beast turned to the ones at the trees picking berries and the grass types suddenly attacking.

---

Minami was just done with rhe last stitch when the grass types attacked and snorted when her "patient" immediately got up and jumped into action.
'Stubborn..' she huffed and got up, drawing her chain sickles from her hips and speeding towards the scene. Seeing her mistress jump into action, Mika turned and immediately joined in the fight, her long tails glowing white as she slammed them onto their attackers, a tree snapping in half from the force of her iron-like tails.

"Now, now. Don't be so loud, Steelix. I'm just getting some berries for you. According to a book I read, grass types are also, most of the time, poisonous. Just calm down and we'll have you fixed righ--" while she was picking perries, one was stolen from her hand. She narrowed her eyes and looked up and around, seeing the two grovyle. Gritting her teeth, she picked Astarot up from the ground and held her in her arms in a protective mannor. Though Dratini had been with her for a while now, she was still very young, and had a long time before she would evolve into a Dragonair. "Those leaves came from those, didn't they..." She muttered to herself. Standing up now, she looked for more. She was feeling uneasy and confused as to why any Grovyle would come this way. "I don't like this... Not one bit." She looked back at the others only for a moment before looking at the other grass pokemon. "Okay, forget the berries... If they were wanted by you, then I will leave them alone. You can have them..." She knew that if pokemon of this size could do so much to such a tank of a pokemon, they could kill her in a blink of an eye.

Backing up slowly, she tried not to make any sudden movements that would set the dangerous pokemon into attack. Once she was back to the Steelix, she set Dratini down and looked at Longwei. "Prepare for attack, Longwei, we might not have any other choice here. Astarot, go back up to safety and warn the others." It was then she saw the Sceptile and drew he sword. "Longwei, fly!" With that, she then noticed a Ninetails on the scene after Dratini had left. Longwei flapped his wings and soon he was high in the sky and awaiting further orders. Dianna saw that the opposing pokemon was charging up its signature leafblade attack and quickly sliced at the Sceptile. "Get Steelix to safety, quickly! The grass types are obviously after it, so we'll keep them busy. With a fire type and a flying type, we have the advantage." She was speaking to the pokemon trying to pick up Steelix, hoping it would listen to someone other than her master. The only pokemon Dianna knew how to tame were fire and dragon type pokemon, so she didn't know how many other types would react to her.

Hoping the slash would land, she tried to get the Sceptile off the the Steelix's head, in order to be able to do some massive damage to it. If she could manage to get the grass serpent off, she would be able to let loose a hyperbeam from the sky. Salamence cried to the Sceptile from the sky. "Mence!! Sala, salamence!" (Who do you think you are!! No one tries to hurt my master and gets away with it!) Meanwhile, Dratini had made her way up the hill and was trying to get the rest of the group's attention. "Dra- Tin, Dratini, tini! Dratini Dratini, Tini!" (Quick, everyone! A group of grass pokemon came and attacked the others! Help!)

indie-flower.regular.png

Busying herself by finding herbs and berries, she stuffed her pockets and her bags full of anything she could recognise, with the help of Stargrove. Thea did not travel too deep into the woods, not wanting to move too far from her companions, instead moving down along the outskirts of the woods and picking whatever she could see. It was peaceful, with the sound of the roaring waterfall in the background, and the rustle of the leaves of the trees. It reminded the young girl of her own home so much, it was painful.

Suddenly, the ground shook violently as if something had crashed. Stargrove kneeled, trying to find its footing after losing it, bracing itself as the shudders began to slow. Looking up with a concerned look on her face, the young girl quickly urged her Sawsbuck towards the location of the sound, racing elegantly down the rocks and the logs that littered the path to the woods. Thea's face became even more concerned at the sight of the Steelix, an enormous rock serpent that towered over them. She was beginning to wonder what on earth had taken such a beast down when she spotted some familiar Pokemon.

It was a pack of Sceptile and Grovyles, leaves razor sharp and slicing down trees easily, making them topple down. Were these the Pokemon who had been enraged and became insane from the 'vile thing'? Leaping into the fray and towards the rampaging Steelix, Thea yelped at the sudden change in movement from Stargrove. It was obvious that her steed was angry. Angry at these Grass-type Pokemon and their behaviour. "Yield, you fools!" the female Sawsbuck snapped at the Sceptile, its arm glowing bright green and ready to attack. It was not even listening. How unlike the Sceptile line, in the Verdante forests, they always lent a listening ear. Thea kept her mouth shut as her Pokemon leapt backwards, keeping away from an angered Grovyle's swipe. Steadying herself, Stargrove cast her eyes over to the rock serpent. Seeing the giant snake injured, Stargrove's own antlers began to glow a softer, pink colour, a light aura radiating from her body. Aromatherapy. Hopefully, it would be able to move away from the scene while the others dealt with the intruders.

@PontiwontiPrime @Minami @Cheselth

trade-winds.regular.png

Another soldier? It prompted a smile from the young man. It was always nice to meet someone else who served their country... he was almost curious about his story and how he had gotten to where he was. Quinn nodded, and a defender as well, he himself had ended plenty of lives, it wasn't something he was proud of. His superiors always told him that his silence and his way of doing his duty was an asset for killing. Therefore, Quinn was always travelling if was not guarding the palaces and homes of the nobles in sturdy silence.

He had been surprised at the sudden earthquake as well. Looking up higher in the cliffs, he had expected a landslide, only for his Gabite to tug at his sleeve and point down at the fallen Steelix, having pinpointed the source of the sound. It was strange how Ground-types could manage such an ability so quickly. Were they always tethered to the earth beneath them? He spotted the unconscious and injured Steelix under the cliff, having fallen from somewhere higher in the mountains. Quinn gasped, spotting an injured figure, being carried away from the scene, hopefully, to get treated. It seemed to be a female and she was unconscious as well. Fascinated, he watched on as the green figures clashed with the humans below camp, the female who had been taken away rushing back in. "Should we go help?" he murmured at Wyeth, eyes clouded with concern.

@Ambra