Insurgence | Medieval Pokemon RP

Gentry held the Auriosian prince's gaze without so much as a flinch, and even returned it. He had stared more fierce foes down and survived, and he would feel no fear facing this icy prince. He silently analyzed his two pokemon companions in case the two of them were ever brought against eachother. Gentry chuckled as the two auriosians walked away, confident that Scizor alone would be enough to subdue the pair thanks to advantageous typing. "Not even a legitimate prince, and yet he acts as if he rules over all seven kingdoms." He was speaking to scizor, who nodded in agreement. Gentry turned his attention now to the man who was bowing in apology.

"Apologies mean nothing. Pick yourself up and make sure it doesn't happen again, if you truly want someone's forgiveness." He turned to Thea and Tachibana, who were still just behind him, now addressing all three of them. "We may be going up against enemies unlike any we've ever seen before, and we have to know who we can trust. If your Luxray is running around picking fights then..." He spun around, staring Wyeth directly into his violet eyes "that won't include you."

Speaking of trusting these people was surprising to himself, but he felt oddly comfortable around the two he had met earlier. Perhaps it was because he didn't perceive them as a threat, or maybe because he knew it would take more than just his own strength on this quest- something he would never admit.

There appeared to be an issue already, and Suzume's chocolate-brown eyes wavered from their spot on Kiyoshi to the squabbling group in front of her. A Luxray had left his master's side and rushed over to confront a silver-haired man that moved and spoke with utmost grace. Not only was he a man that was the epitome of elegance, but when he bowed down to stare the beast straight in the eye made a shiver run down her spine. She couldn't believe what she was seeing; if the Luxray decided to lurch forward and sink its teeth into the man's face, the gouges he would inflict would destroy his pale complexion, if not kill him there and then. But the Electric-type was calmed down by another of his kind, and its owner rushed over to sputter something that she could not hear. Suzume could only hope it was an apology.

Before she could mutter anything to Kiyoshi, several ornamented soldiers marched into the mess hall, their pace matching with one another's and lances firmly clutched in their fists. Their helms were in the shape of their god's mighty head; the visor was shaped exactly like a long golden beak and there was a feathered crest placed on the very top. The rest of the armor was dyed a ruby red. As they marched to the exquisite throne at the head of the throne room, the soldiers began to disband, some taking places near the throne and others near the ends of the long tables, their eyes flicking coldly to and fro from behind their decorated masks. It was then that one could see the emperor of Phoenicis himself.

Suzume had heard that the emperor was young and handsome, but not incredibly so. The young man, around her age, could certainly charm any woman he wanted. His hair, a stark black, drifted down in gentle rivulets, stopping just above his neck. His eyes were a caramel-color; a golden-brown that one could see from any corner of the room. His face was without a beard or mustache, but it did not need one. He was dressed in russet garments trimmed with gold, his sleeves almost rippling down all the way to the floor. One couldn't see his legs or hands, but it was obvious that he was a delicate looking lad that was meant to lead and negotiate, not to fight and kill.

"May we present," one of the soldiers at his side boomed. "The lord and protector of our land, the Son of the Sun himself, Our Grace Emperor Yamamoto."

Many of the Phoenician volunteers, including Suzume, stood and bowed as their young emperor took a seat on his ornamented throne. Some others did the same simply for respect, while others simply watched. By that time, everyone had taken a seat, so the emperor began to speak. "I thank all of you for attending," his voice was clear and soothing, like a cold, crystal stream on a hot afternoon. "Remember that you do not offer your arms for your country alone, but for Atlas as a whole. I do not see a gathering of men and women from different nations in front of me, but a grouping together of people from the same land. I am gracious to see that so many have come to fight for the future of every man, woman, child, and Pokemon in Atlas. Soon, this blight will come to an end at the hands of the very people of the continent."

Several people cheered, but Suzume remained silent. She knew that the emperor was trying to increase morale, but said morale would be crushed before long. What was the point? "You shall find the very source of the beasts' frenzy and crush it before much damage can be done," Yamamoto continued, his voice growing fiercer as his eyes narrowed to slits. "I allow you to do whatever you wish to the culprits, however, please show them what it means to meddle with us, the people of Atlas, before ending their petty lives, if you decide to do so."

"I have spoken to all of the leaders of Atlas and it is decided that no countryman will bring you harm. If they do, please report them to officials whenever you can," the emperor continued. Suzume's eyes narrowed at that, and Mauve gave her a wary glance. I'm not worried about the countrymen... There were bandits that were not allies to any nations, cutthroats that would kill a child at the thought of receiving a few pieces of silver. And then there was each other... she couldn't see this journey going well. "My advisers have told me that it is best for you to first go north towards Leonias, Argent, and Aurios, as it is summer and it is not wise to trek through the northern parts during the winter. Though, I encourage you to be quick; an Aurion fall is just as deadly as its winter. The faster you can get to Aurios and back, the better."

"That is all I have to say," Yamamoto continued with a soft smile. "I plead for you to work together and choose a leader amongst yourselves, as I can see that you have already... interacted. Though be warned that if any of you turn your blade on one another, you will be appropriately punished once you return to your homeland. That is all. Enjoy the rest of your night."

The emperor stood up again, and the soldiers surrounded him in a protective fashion much like they had when they arrived. In the matter of a few moments, Yamamoto was gone, along with his guards.

Suzume sighed, rubbing the ridge of her nose again. It was true that they had to get to Aurios before it could get too cold. If they didn't... well... they wouldn't leave that nation with as many people as they entered with.

Wyeth moved away from Gentry without a word when he was confronted, hoping that there wouldn't be another issue to deal with at this feast. He wasn't the one that wanted to fight... it was that Aurion that had spurred on Ciel. The long-haired man sat down, his Luxray taking a seat next to him as the emperor stepped inside the mess hall. The man was unlike the king of Fulmion, who was a bit older than he was, but thick and fiery. King Akard would probably be able to snap Emperor Yamamoto in half with just his hands...

The Fulmi listened to what Yamamoto said, but unease continued to grow in the pit of his stomach. His violet eyes wavered once or twice to scan the expressions of the crowd, and he noticed that many soldiers were not confident about the supposedly cheery outcome of their quest. They knew that many of them were going to die, that not as many volunteers would come back to their families and friends, if any. They didn't even have a lead on where to start looking. How did they know that they weren't going to die as soon as they stepped foot in Leonias?

When the emperor left, Wyeth turned toward Ciel and Quinn again. "May Raikou protect us," he sighed, his lips turning downwards as cheers rose up around him. "That is, if he can..."

@Sen @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Yosuke @Crow @Minami @Ayla @Chexmix @DarkestShadow @Iatos @Limeypanda @ResolverOshawott

It was time.

Alongside the ronin Tachibana, a large array of people and Pokemon from different regions have been assembled outside the castle, prepared to head out for the Northern country Aurios, the domain of the Aurion deity Suicune. Their common goal - eliminate the evil that plagues Atlas.

"While we must hurry, we must leave no man or Pokemon behind," Tachibana mutters, "it is all for one and one for all."

He assembles his sheathes, ready to proceed.

"Shall we proceed?"

"Now i'm not too confident about this"

Cazanna thought as she stood with a group of people who have been assembled outside the castle. Her loyal pokemon companions stood by her side, still on edge being near this many unfamiliar people from other nations, the only one that doesn't look like they'll try to maul someone to death if they got too close for comfort was her sylveon, Gaiana, who looks rather relaxed but one shouldn't underestimate the small eeveelution though.

"Hopefully no one gets killed before we even reach Aurios." she says.

indie-flower.regular.png

She nodded at Gentry. "That's right. If we were to fight with one another, along with our dear companions. How on earth will we be able to save our friends?" she commented, a fierce spark in her eyes. She folded her arms, Stargrove turning her head and meeting the eyes of her human companion. With the subject of Pokemon, she had always been very passionate about her companions. Despite her child-like stature and her innocence, the Sawsbuck knew she had great talent and heart in her. She shook her head sadly at the sight of the fight that had almost broken out. If the others had not stopped them, what would have happened? They were meant to work together and bond, create strong friendships to overcome the enemy. But the war between the nations had caused rifts that were almost beyond repair. With this gathering, it was creating history.

Thea raised her eyes up at the sudden appearance of the emperor, his presence beginning by the marching of his soldiers. She was surprised to see a handsome young man who peered at his subjects and his visitors, taking her breath away. The golden silks that flowered around her were unlike anything she had seen before, such high-quality silks of so many colours! Out of respect, she did a short bow in his direction upon his arrival. At his speech, she murmured her agreement with those who also did the same. His speech was touching, but from the corner of her eye she could see those who had a look of pure hatred on their faces. She knew of countries who did not like the phoenix-worshipping land, but the way their eyes flashed dangerously scared her.

Although the speech was heartwarming to hear, knowing an emperor was supporting their cause and even helping them to be safe during their journey, she had a feeling that their adventure would be far more difficult than one would think. The countrymen might not be their problems, but the Pokemon that were mad in the wilderness, out to maul those whom would come into their territory. Biting her lip, she said nothing as she mounted Stargrove, preparing herself to head out with the others, a bag full of berries strapped to her side.

trade-winds.regular.png

He stood outside with his Pokemon, having returned to him after the scuffle inside the castle. Silently, Quinn was off to the side, watching those who would have to be his companions during the journey. His once childhood friend, a pale man, a woman with long brown hair, a child-like girl sitting on top of a Grass-type Pokemon eating berries, a tall blond man with a sword and wearing armor and more. The gathering was huge, preparing to take off and head towards the harsh north where the winters could severely halt them if they were to wait longer.

Thresh licked his lips, watching everyone with eagle eyes though his feet were shuffling in excitement. "I simply cannot wait for our adventure," he growled at no one in particular, grinning to himself and baring sharp white teeth. "The ice will freeze you solid, you dolt." Dinari's words were sharp and leering, the feline Pokemon sitting on its haunches licking its paws, glaring back at the Dragon-type. Sighing to himself, he ignored the two of his companions as they butted heads, instead watching the others prepare themselves and their companions.

Atharos, The Bastard of Aurios
"If nothing else, he puts on a good show."

Atharos made his attempt to ignore Gentry obvious in the way that the square of his back faced the man. He had no time or energy for a fool like Gentry. He did find himself analysing the man's choice of partner again: A Scizor of some reasonable merit would be a problem for both Bishop and Knight...Thankfully, he had his Ace waiting outside. Rook would probably squash the bug with one clean Head Smash, if given the opportunity.

Although it didn't matter, because as much as the man had made a poor showing of himself, he was also one of the few people the Prince thought worth respecting thus far. A warrior who had actually had the conviction to step in on a dangerous altercation, as opposed to the sheep who had blankly ignored the incident or, worse than that, watched as if it were an amusing sight. No, Gentry had proven himself an ass, but a dependable one. Much better than others in the group, with a couple exceptions. Namely Minami and the owner of the second Luxray. Atharos had taken a moment to watch the Luxray return to its owner, a man with the appearance of a soldier. The white-haired prince nodded with approval, before returning to Minami as she explained her origins.

"Minami...A fine name, It seems others know me by reputation, but It is only prudent to announce it formally. I am Atharos, born in the capitol and knight of the kingdom." He pauses, scanning his memory for any recollection of the village's name. "Toketsu...Toketsu....Ah, yes! I remember now. Just north of the Piloswine spawning grounds. Your village tend to send the adolescents out to travel. A fellow knight of mine hails from there as well, he is about a decade your senior, if I had to guess: Goes by the name of Kyuko. Funny lad, although he smells like his Arcanine's breath." The prince let out a slight chuckle, remembering the simpler times that came from his position as a Knight. None of his fellows cared about some lofty title or some unasked for heritage.

After the brief moment of laughter, Atharos caught Minami staring into something just to his right. He turned to look, and saw the intensity in the eyes of his Froslass. As the locking eyes reached their most intent, he caught Minami's smile, and then heard a cry of approval from Bishop. The Froslass left Atharos' shoulder, and glided down to stand in front of Minami, an outstretched hand offering to cool her: if she should take it.

Not long after Bishop's descent, The Emperor of Phoenicis and his troops descended upon the gathered champions of the six nations. His presence was what was to be expected from the leader of a nation, but he was significantly younger than Atharos' father. As he absorbed all of the information the young ruler gave, he realised just how few leads the group had. They were going in a seemingly random direction, and they had no face for the foe they sought. Such blind scrabbling was...disturbing. Yet there was no other choice. Something needed to be done about the rampages that gripped the lands, so this was seemingly the only path.

Atharos sighed when the Emperor left, and turned towards the exit, whistling a strange two-tone note as he looked back at Minami. "I see no reason to wait to start travelling. Others seem to agree." He indicated around the room, as various people began to move for the exit. "I would be honoured if you accompany me. It is likely that our knowledge of Aurious will be called on to at least guide our fellows." As he approached the entrance, a loud 'thudding' seemed to echo from the entrance of Phoenicis castle. Suddenly, a huge figure blotted out the light of the entrance, as a huge Aggron stared at the Aurion prince. Rook barely resisted the urge to burst into the castle, and as soon as Atharos was close enough, the Pokémon lowered its snout as if to demand physical contact from her master. Atharos placed a hand on the Pokémon's snout, much to the Aggron's pleasure. With a single fluid motion, Atharos jumped up the Aggron's arm and then onto the Aggron's shoulder. Once in his place, Aggron rose to stand on its two back feet, with Atharos high in the air. Knight stood beside the Aggron, watching the Prince with its normal caution. "Shall we begin?"​

Minami barely could not contain her joy as the frosslass held her gaze, eventually letting out a soft cry before sliding off her master's shoulders.
She glanced at Atheros, though most of her attention was with the ice-type in front of her and nodded a bit. 'I have heard of you, many stories have passed by our village with the merchants and travelers.' she stated.
Upon hearing the name of the other knight, Kyuko, Minami's eyes shone slightly. 'I remember him, faintly. Back then he had a growlithe. Mika and him loved to play when she was just a vulpix, but he was always too rough with her.'
Her attention was turned to the froslass once more and she cocked her head slightly before smiling a bit wider when the graceful pokemon held out her hand, causing Mika to glare at the ice-type.
Disregarding her partner's jealousy, Minami accepted the hand shake and sighed enjoyably at the cold that the pokemon let off.

She could have stayed there for hours in the cold, but was distracted by the arrival of the emperor.

His speech started out on a regal tone, as was to be expected, but he became more fierce as time passed. Minami wholeheartedly agreed with his thoughts on punishing the culprits. She had long developed a deep love for all pokemon, no matter what type or nature they had. Having something, or somebody causing them to go crazy was unforgivable.

The speech ended and Minami smiled at the froslass once more before turning to her owner. She nodded and turned to walk along with him. 'No need to stay indeed. I cannot stand waiting any longer.' she smiled faintly. 'And the honor would be all mine.'

Just as Minami was about to step outside, a large creature suddenly stomped in front of the entrance and blocked the path out. Mika and Kisuke were immediately ready to attack, but settled again when Minami held out her hand and the Aggron simply wished to have some attention from the Aurian next to her. She smiled again faintly and looked up at the bastard prince before looking around for her own metal beast. She soon found him, bathing in the water of a fountain to cool it's rapidly heating body. 'Hey Kinzoku, you okay? Sorry it took so long.' she went to put a hand on his cross, but yelped softly and pulled her now almost burned hand back. 'You're overheating like crazy. Let's get out of here quickly.' she said worried.

She gestured at Kisuke and got onto his back, while Mika took a comfortable spot on top of the now floating metagross. She flew next to Atheros and nodded. 'Ready to go. We better hurry before my poor Kinzo melts from his own heat.' she said.

The group gathered in the courtyard of the castle, collecting their belongings and reuniting with the larger pokemon who couldn't fit inside. Gentry found Salamence and Absol curled up in the sun as expected. "Rise and shine, friends. It's time to move out." He stroked the neck of his dragon while he greeted the two, with Absol letting out a soft purr and rubbing up against Gentry's leg. The emperor's speech, while not incredibly encouraging, had lit a fire under Gentry, and he was ready to get to the bottom of all the chaos and bring it to justice, just as Entei himself would have done. It was comforting to know they would be heading through Leonias, but he knew it would be a long time before they reached it. The thought of Aurios in the winter was enough motivation in itself to get moving.

Salamence stood up, stretched, and a big flap of its wings send a gust of wind across the grass of the courtyard. "There we go, Sal. Let's get going." Salamence bent its neck down and Gentry climbed up, mounting himself on the dragon type as he had done countless times. Absol followed, jumping onto Salamence's back and taking a seat right beside Gentry. Together they marched forward to meet up with the rest of the group with Scizor following closely behind. The group was standing with all their pokemon before the massive gate to the castle. Gentry spotted Thea on her Sawsbuck and directed Salamence to stand beside them.

"Here we go. Let's hope the next time we're here it's to proclaim our success, and not to turn around and head the opposite direction."

"All ready! Open the gates!" A guard called to the men on the tower, who began opening the large wooden gates. Outside, the main road leaving the castle and out of the city was lined on both sides by citizens cheering and calling out to the group. It seemed word had already gotten out about the noble quest they were undertaking, and it was good to have the support of the people, if only in one city. Surely not every town or city would be so receptive to strong warriors from other kingdoms poking their noses around and looking for trouble. Cheers continued as the group made their way through the city, accompanied by a royal guard, who was the group's escort out.

Suzume

The warm evening was not without a cool breeze; it blew against her exposed skin, sending a slight shiver up her spine. Thankfully, her steel armor, although light and covering her vital areas, provided her some protection from the unprecedented winds. Her leather and mail covered the rest of her body, which would protect her from more than a simple breeze. Her fingers tightened their grip on Seraph's reigns as her eyes stared ahead, a frown on her lips. The striped beast that she sat upon snorted lightly, his triangular ears flicking slightly as he awaited the command to set out. The winged Pokemon flew in circles above or simply glided on the sudden gusts of wind. She spotted some people already mounted on their birds and dragons, peering down at the crowd that had gathered to see them off.

The group marched forwards and headed down the path. Children and women threw flowers of all types, cheering for the supposed "heroes of the realm". The royal guard, just as vibrantly colored as the ones that they saw within the mess hall, escorted them through the city. Some peered out of windows and waved handkerchiefs at them and children went so far as to race alongside the parade of men and women, their pets at the side. Suzume couldn't help but watch with a twisted smile. Already, they were being hailed as heroes, as if they had already saved Atlas. Yet, as sour as it was, she sat tall in her saddle, offering small grins to every beaming child or aspiring youngster. The least she could do was give her people some faith.

Several days later...

Wyeth
It had taken forever, but they had made it.

The trek through the middle of Phoenicis had taken much longer than he thought. Due to being a person who seldom traveled from nation to nation even though he was a soldier, he very much underestimated the size of each country. If only the northern parts of Ho-Oh's land had taken perhaps a week or so to cut through, then how long would it take to get to Aurios? Wyeth thought of their future travels as he soared the skies on Lux's back. The Charizard's wings did not falter even at the altitude that they were. She was a strong beast, someone that he could always rely on for transportation and combat. Her wings seldom moved to keep herself airborne, simply catching the wind from the distant mountains.

He made sure to keep close to the group, looking over Lux's shoulder every so often to make sure he had not gone too far ahead. At the height he was at, the band of men and women looked much like an army of Durant, marching down a craggy, forested path in search of food. A broad grin crossed his lips; they were getting along better than he expected... so far. At least they looked like they were willing to work together. But that probably wouldn't last-- they were not in the presence of officials who trusted them to, well, trust one another. It wouldn't take much for someone to push one of their "brothers in arms" off of a cliff, especially in these areas.

After a while of flying on his lonesome, Wyeth allowed Lux to dip down towards the faction of people. The beating of her wings was shallow and more frequent as she neared the crowd. Once he was within earshot of his "allies", he opened his mouth to speak. "I'll go scout ahead," he shouted over the rush of wind that his Charizard caused with her wings. "I'll see if there's any sharp inclines or declines or other such things and warn you ahead of time."

With that, he guided Lux away from their makeshift army and towards the open skies again. However, he did not refrain from flying further away from the group, his eyes scanning the area around him in search of anything worth reporting to whoever was willing to listen. If someone suddenly fell down the side of a cliff because they didn't listen, it certainly wouldn't be his fault.

Ciel sat behind Wyeth, his dark mane rippling in the wind. His eyes flicked over the area as much as his master's did, but he was pretty sure that he would catch sight of whatever change in the land there was, first.

'I hear that you got in trouble at the feast, Ciel,' Lux rumbled teasingly. 'I can tell Wyeth was less than happy when he was getting me ready for our journey.

The Luxray only grumbled to himself, his eyes narrowing slightly.

'It is not like you to run headlong into danger like that. Were you that bored..?'

'That is none of your business.'

'You're never any fun... why not talk about your issues instead of biting people's heads off?'

Ciel scoffed and Lux fell silent. Wyeth, however, did not pay heed to his Pokemon's bickering. He was more concentrated on his surroundings. They flew for a short while, watching the dips and swerves of the forested crags with a careful gaze. He almost didn't notice that something had sprayed into his face. The man blinked, wiping the liquid from his cheeks. Water?

mountain_waterfalls_by_concept_art_house-d86zn9t.jpg

In less than a few moments, the hills and crags became sharp cliffs and walls of rock. The mountains were much closer, now, but their peaks rose up above the clouds themselves. Water poured down the cliff faces, falling, falling, falling all the way down until it met the violent waters below. If someone went over the waterfalls... they would not survive the impact once they reached the bottom. Wyeth, however, was in awe. It was a beautiful sight-- he would paint it if he had the skill or materials. It would be the perfect place to set up camp. They would have enough water and food to go around for days, he thought as he spotted Sawsbuck and Stantler lapping at the waters below.

Joy blossomed in his heart; it was probably the most beautiful thing he had seen in his life. He was used to the everlasting plains of Fulmion, where land forms such as this were nonexistent. The group would be overjoyed when he told them about his discovery. "Come on, Lux," he piped, yanking on her reigns to turn her around. The Charizard appeared to be just as pleased as he was as she beat her wings again and made her way towards the "army". The man and his Pokemon were upon the group in a matter of minutes-- he approached them as he had done before, carefully as to not spook any of the other, smaller Pokemon around him.

"There's an extreme change of scenery about fifteen minutes ahead of us," the Fulmi announced, pointing in the direction of the cliffs and waterfalls. "Several waterfalls and cliffs if you continue this way. It's a pretty good place to set up camp, if you ask me."

"Is it really smart to set up camp now?" A voice called up at him. He looked down to see a blond haired woman staring up at him from her saddle. "We set up camp a few days ago. We can't waste more time."

Wyeth's smile turned into a frown. "Our supplies are running low, already. It is better to rest and gather supplies than continuing without them, is it not?" The woman sighed, shaking her head. He was confused as to why she was so reluctant to set up camp once more. Their food was running low, along with the herbs they used to tend to wounds and other ailments. The dark haired man turned towards the rest of the group as Lux's feet touched ground, her wings rustling as they folded against her back. "Is it not wise to rest for a little? The trek through Leonias will be a tough one, and it is better to continue when we are rested and refreshed."

• Love
Reactions: Mu
indie-flower.regular.png

The young girl and her Sawsbuck had no trouble crossing the now rougher, mountainous terrain. Thankfully, Stargrove had plenty of practice and experiences in similar environments, the forest floors were littered with dangers. Roots that could trip her or underlying Pokemon ready to ambush those who stepped on them. There were waterfalls in the Verdante forests as well, surrounded by spiked rocks and less greenery. Both the Sawsbuck and Thea had visited those places many times to gather fresh water, the two of them learning how to safely traverse the less safe floors of their home. Though the mountains and the cliff was steeper, the young girl took turns riding Sawsbuck and walking by herself in order not to tire her friend. Jiba remained asleep, still unknown to the rest of her companions, seemingly too shy to come out from her leather satchel.

Instead, they found problems with the warm environment of Phoenicis. Though Thea, wearing baggy clothing that didn't absorb the heat from the sunlight, was not irked by the warm weather. Her Sawsbuck, however, did not fare as well, needing her water more times than she would have admitted. But to her happiness, her companion pushed through until they reached much shaded and less heated territory. Despite journeying with so many people, she still remained shy to the others, only sticking by Gentry or Tachibana, who were the only ones she was acquainted to, feeling more comfortable by keeping close to their side. Occasionally she would offer some spare berries to their Pokemon, in an attempt to strengthen bonds.

Now that they had trekked the area for days, the small girl was aware, along with others, that their supply of food and herbs for medicine were running low. If they were to set up camp, the small girl decided upon looking for fruit trees nearby or pluck some herbs that she recognized. Along their path upwards, she had spotted a few of them that she knew grew in her forest and were drawn in the books she had managed to find or buy. She was suddenly happy that she had this knowledge of plants, happy that she came from Verdante.

Stargrove kept near the walls, clopping along at a safe pace and following the others. Thea was seated comfortably on top, looking around at the strange scenery laid before her. Flying above them was the red, majestic figure of the Charizard that belonged to another tall man with long black hair, saying something about scouting the area ahead. Thea watched with slight envy. She had always wanted befriend a Flying-type, though she carried love for Grass-types, she also liked birds. Especially those who were friendly. A few of them had even allowed her to look after their chicks whenever they had caught something nasty.

Upon hearing the man's return and his words, her heart fluttered a little. "Hear that, Stargrove? A waterfall! It must be prettier than the ones we've seen before, right?" she stroked the fur on her strong neck, the Sawsbuck nodding its agreement. "Once we set up camp, let's go look for herbs and berries, you and me.

trade-winds.regular.png

Sitting on top of Dinari, the soldier sat with his back straight and gently padded after the rest of the group, the young man preferring to stay near the back and watch everybody as they moved along. Dinari, being the proud feline it was, had needed a long time for this feeling to sit down in him. Months spent earning the Electric-type Pokemon's trust before he could ride the huge Luxray was something he would never forget. But at the end of the day, Quinn was always glad that his Pokemon had accepted him.

Jachin sat curled in front of him, right behind Dinari's mane, also keeping watch alongside Quinn, its yellow eyes unblinking and not letting any detail pass its eyes. Thresh walked beside the feline, head held high and marching alongside his companion. His wish to become a Garchomp was what led him to want to walk, leading to another fight between them that Jachin needed to break apart once more. Quinn could never do much to separate his own Pokemon, there were times he wished he knew what they were saying, though this in itself was almost impossible, but that didn't mean he couldn't try his best to help out and break off arguments.

Throughout the trek and their journey, he remained silent and quiet but participated in all activities. Cooking dinner, or staying by the fire, he was a living rock who barely socialized with the others. While the other members stuck up conversations and created friendships, he remained the same. Every once in a while, his eyes would flicker to the woman who had once been his closest friend. He recalled memories of him and Cazanna as little children that were of the same age, running around playing games, catching insects, discovering wild Pokemon together, celebrating birthdays together. They were close, he remembered, and how he always came running to her whenever anything exciting happened. They were... friends. He had been more talkative then, less silent and was a handful for his parents. Cheeky and playful, but this was before the fire. Narrowing his eyes at her Houndoom, his thoughts began to travel back to the fire that had started. At the memory, his hands tightened around the mane of the Luxray, who turned around and looked at him with sharp eyes.

Jachin swiveled to meet his master's eyes. "If you worry, do not look at that Houndoom." Even though he knew that its words would never be understood by the man that had befriended him, he always tried. Quinn's fear of fire ran deep inside him, it had eaten him alive. Jachin had taken the responsibility of dousing any fire that would spook him, to protect the silent soldier. "It leads me to wonder what sort of fire that was, the poor man. We have only gotten the story from Thresh, yet it was something he could barely remember," the feline Pokemon hissed at their walking companion as if blaming him for something. "Don't accuse me! I was only a Gible back then!"

@ResolverOshawott @Crow @Chexmix

Last edited:
Atharos and Suzume - Fire and Ice

The ride away from Phoenicis had been one of the most pleasant moments that Atharos had indulged in for quite some time. Every step they took towards the north just felt like it was a step towards normal culture; normal scenery...and normal temperature. He had to admit, if not for the ever dependable presence of Bishop, he would have struggled immensely with the heat.

For most of the journey, Atharos had simply ridden atop Rook's shoulder. The behemoth was more than comfortable with Atharos at her side, and even seemed to enjoy it. At the moment though, Atharos was walking by the power of his own two feet. He had sent his Pokémon out to do various other tasks, and was simply by his lonesome. Knight and Rook were out hunting, although Rook hunted for veins of Iron, as opposed to Knight's hunt for game; and Bishop had been sent ahead to scout the area. It made sense that the floating Ghost type should be sent out to look for trouble, mostly because Bishop was very good at not being seen when she wanted to be.

With no one around, Atharos was merely standing at the front of the group, apart from anyone else. He had only really spoken with Minami for any length of time, since leaving the capital, and she seemed to be busy at this point. He was content to the silence, but would hardly object if anyone came to speak with him, at this point. He'd already realised that a vast majority of the group saw him as either some lofty introvert; or a reckless stuck-up royal-pretender, thanks to Gentry, no doubt.

It wasn't like she didn't want to set up camp for a day or two of rest. She was more so paranoid of stepping foot in Aurios in the dead of winter. If they made camp more than they needed, the hours and days would add up, and before they knew it, they would be marching through Argent in late fall. Suzume wasn't sure if they would get there in time, but... she wanted to make the most of the little time they had. The woman's grip on the Arcanine's reigns tightened as she scanned the area in front of her. She felt alone without Mauve or Caius at her side, even though Seraph was enough company already. The Umbreon had gone into the forests to hunt, as did other Pokemon, and Caius was flying above them. She hoped that they would return to her in the same state that they left.

It was then that she spotted a lone figure ahead of them. The silver-haired man from before seemed more of a loner than she was. He certainly piqued her interest, especially since he was Aurion. It was better if she could learn about him and his nation before they set foot in the icy north.

Suzume pressed her heels into Seraph's sides in order to edge him into a trot. The Fire-type grunted as he walked up to the man, and soon, the beast and his rider were at his side. However, she did not look at him, not even as she opened her mouth to speak-- her eyes remained focused ahead of her, not once glancing over the man. "I wonder how one could ride such a creature with skin as hard and cold as steel," she mentioned Rook and how Atharos rode her before he dismounted. His thighs must have bruised and hurt when he did so for the first time.

Atharos didn't react much when the Fire type pokemon and its rider approached him, keeping his stride at the front of the group and waiting for her to break the ice, as it were. She had approached him, after all, she must have something worth saying. So far, this southerner in particular had made very little impression upon him. She had been quiet in the Emperor's hall, and she had been quiet on the road thus far. He had pegged her for a loner, but she bucked that trend now, hadn't she?

The question she asked was one that amused him, and he couldn't hide the small smirk that spread onto his lips. "I haven't rode Rook in the conventional sense for years. Before she evolved, she was more quadrupedal. Now, she mostly carries me on her shoulder." He turned to the woman, looking her over, no longer atop the Arcanine's back. She looked uncomfortable, as she walked, as if she'd been riding too long: precisely the reason he was walking now. "In Aurios, discomfort is unavoidable. Rook may be made of steel, but she is as sure-footed as I could hope for. You southerners should get used to the idea of being uncomfortable, especially if we fail to beat the winter."

He paused, resting a hand on his side. Suddenly it struck the prince that he didn't know the woman's name. "I'm Atharos, in case you weren't aware of my name."

"Even if you're riding the Aggron on her shoulder, it still has to hurt," Suzume said, finally sparing the man a glance. In fact, the shoulder had to be one of the most uncomfortable spots to ride on. She studied him closely, noticing that he was wearing a smirk on his lips. Did he find her amusing? She disliked it when people thought that she was "funny" when she really was trying to speak to them in a civil manner. Or maybe it was the way that she worded it?

His last few words brought a scoff from her, and her grip on Seraph's reigns tightened slightly. "I'm a soldier. I'm pretty sure that I'm used to being uncomfortable," she put emphasis on the word itself, her eyes becoming like daggers. Even though she appeared to be overly hostile, this was not truly the case-- she was simply standing her ground, showing that she was not one to laugh and wave off his words like a "proper woman".

The man introduced himself at last, calling himself Atharos. It was a very strange name... were all Aurions' names a mouthful? "My name is Suzume. It's a... pleasure to meet you." Suzume decided to be a little gracious and dipped her head slightly. "You must be pleased. You're returning to your homeland."

Atharos shrugged at the idea of the shoulders offering an uncomfortable ride. Where else would he go, atop her head? Or carried like a babe in her arms? One solution made it difficult to dismount quickly and limited Rook's options to attack, should that be necessary, and the other was demeaning beyond all possibility.

When Suzume tried to play off the idea of discomfort as nothing more than something she was used to, he shook his head. A little annoyed at the woman's aggression. She had clearly misunderstood his words, because he had not intended to inspire anything close to hostility. "Have you ever had to peel armour from skin, because the metal has frozen to a marching man's sweat? A Leonias invasion force tried to sneak into the country during winter, and we found their frozen corpses almost melded to their armour." He reached a finger up to scratch at his chin, before looking out to the forest, wondering what his partners were up to at this moment. How went the hunt? Had Bishop spotted anything?

"You ask if I'm happy to be returning to Aurios...If we don't get in and out of my land before winter comes, we will have to halt our quest for nearly an entire year. How pleased do you think the King will be if I bring in a group of foreign warriors into his home for nearly an entire year, without having actually accomplished anything?" Atharos felt his fist clench at the idea of such a failure. His father would likely take it poorly. "The King of Aurios is not quite so eager to let in foreigners as your emperor. One might say he is frozen in the old ways." The po-faced Atharos offered a smile at the play on words, trying to diffuse the obvious tension in the air between him and the warrior woman.

She had heard stories of Aurios, of how it was a weapon in itself. It defended itself from invasions with its blizzards and long winters-- those who were not prepared for the cold would most certainly die. It was hard to imagine the frosty winds working their way through her armor and sinking its fangs into her flesh and bone. Suzume heard that once you became cold enough, you became sluggish and sleepy. And sleeping in the cold's embrace was like you had given yourself up to death itself.

"I don't know about everyone else, but I won't be complaining on our trek through Aurios," she stated matter-of-factly, turning up her nose. She had always been a proud woman, someone that didn't falter when times became rough on her. That was not the Phoenician way. Atharos continued to speak, to her surprise, and she once again turned her gaze on him. Seraph watched the icy-looking man as well, his nose wriggling as he took in his scent.

So the king of Aurios was just as cold as his nation was, eh? The man smiled as he described his leader. It was almost as if he was close to him. Suzume allowed a crooked grin to crawl on her face in response to his words. "Frozen in the old ways... he doesn't seem like a person you could reason with." Oh great. Another unreasonable person... "It seems like you know the king well. Are you his adviser, one of his royal guards..?"

Atharos was a little surprised when Suzume asked about his relationship to the king of Aurios. Had that rumour not spread yet? A part of him had expected Gentry to spread rumours about his status as a bastard, and use that to discredit him. It wouldn't be the first time a rival had tried to discredit his merit as the undeserved reward of a bastard. "His son...I'm surprised that rumours about Aurios' bastard Prince haven't filed through the group yet."

He shrugged, as he rested a hand on the head of his axe, assuming as unthreatening a position as he could. "If we are lucky, we will be able to pass through the capital during before the fall. I will be able to procure the group supplies if we do: Furs and thick-lining for those in armour. If we are unlucky? Well, I imagine we will have to do a lot of hunting."

Atheros pivoted on his heel, facing the woman directly now for the first time. He gave her a proper looking over, seeing the armour and the sword and the general appearance of a warrior. "Tell me more about yourself. What gives you such confidence in dealing with a realm outside of your comfort zone?"

... Was he really a prince..?

She had just thought the murmurings of those around her were rumours. Lies spread quickly from one person to another, especially if they didn't have a brain to think with. A bastard prince in their midst was an extremely rare occurrence. It wasn't every day that someone with royal blood went on a mission that would most likely end in deaths, especially with people that were lower than him. Suzume gave him a flabbergasted expression, the frown returning to her mouth. "I... apologize. I didn't know who I was in the presence of," her words faltered for a moment, and she bowed her head once more. That was embarrassing...

Seraph snorted as if he was laughing-- she could feel his warm breath on her face, and she found his presence comforting. This was the first time they were face-to-face with someone that was "higher" than they were. She didn't expect any nobility to join them on their journey. It was making her somewhat uneasy.

Atharos suddenly faced her, his pale-colored eyes giving her a once over. The woman blinked at him in surprise when he questioned her. He wanted to know more about her? Well... what could she tell him? The prince wouldn't find her past interesting or intriguing, and even if he pressured her to speak about it, she wouldn't utter a word about her younger years. Thankfully, he only asked about her confidence; such a question made her feel proud of herself. Did she really appear that sure of herself?

"I'm confident because I have faith in myself and my partners." Suzume glanced over at Seraph as she spoke. The Arcanine was there for her, and she was there for him. They would help each other out, all of them would. Her brown gaze flicked back to Atharos, and this time, it remained on his pale face. "I know that we'll get through this, one way or another. We may well lose a few limbs, but we'll turn up alive. Not only that, but I'm a soldier; I survived many battles against other nations. I'm not letting a little trip around the world overcome me."

She had to admit, he had caught her off-guard. Though, she was pleased that they were having a civil conversation. If he wasn't a pleasant person to speak to, then she would have flipped him the bird and walked off. When one spoke to her, it was like charming an Arbok-- one wrong note, and you would get bitten. "How about you, Prince of Aurios?" Suzume began. "Are you just as confident as I am? Or are you as concerned as the others about this quest?"

When Suzume spoke about his 'presence', Atheros started to laugh. It was a fairly light chuckle, but it was a laugh, none-the-less. In a few words, she had gone from headstrong, confident, and a little hostile to placid and subservient. He found that he didn't approve of the change: it didn't suit her. "Honestly, I'm not worth altering anything over. My blood is the same colour as yours, it just happens to get valued higher by people who don't understand the worth of people."

When she spoke about herself though, he didn't laugh, or speak. He just listened to her, and her confidence. It was comforting to hear her reasoning was because of trust, and not some misplaced confidence in her abilities. People who spoke about their 'deadly skill' worried him deeply. They were the sort who'd charge at a Houndoom and become surprised when a pack arrives.

"My confidence? I haven't decided yet. There are a lot of reasons to think we'll fail: I trust less people in this group than I have fingers on one hand; we are on a mission with no lead; an abstract objective; and no real leadership." He remembered his father chastising him for being tactless and blunt in the past, and suddenly the Prince shook his head at his own foolishness. This wasn't what the woman wanted to hear, he imagined.

"But, I also see reasons to think we'll succeed. The few people I trust are warriors of some considerable resolve. I am with my three trusted partners, and while our objective is abstract, it is a worthy one." In the distance, Atharos saw the distinct figure of Knight, standing in the treeline, wiping gore off of his claws. He had the confident walk of a successful hunter: he'd eaten well, it seems. "I think if anyone is going to solve this crisis, it is this group.

When Atharos told her that there was no need to change because of his heritage, she was more than pleased. She was taught how to be humble and meek in the presence of royalty, nobility, and to her commanders and generals. To her, it was sickening, but it had to be done if she wanted a good reputation. But Atharos was someone different; she could actually be herself in front of him. It sure was satisfying to be the headstrong woman she was in the company of royalty.

It was then that he answered her question. For some strange reason, she expected him to be more confident than she was. But the man told her that they had no lead, that their group had no leader. The more he pointed out the negative aspects of their journey, the more her confidence wavered. It was something they had to fix. As much as she started to like Atharos, she had to remind herself that he was someone that couldn't exactly be trusted. He would have to prove himself as someone could, first... everyone had to. She hoped that would be soon.

The Aurion prince shared a positive outlook on the journey, rekindling her flame of confidence before it could fizzle out. Suzume listened to him, her eyes turning back towards the crooked path they were traveling. "You are very down to earth for a prince," a laugh escaped her as she spoke. "Another would be boasting about how they would find a way to succeed no matter what, all while flashing their teeth in shallow smiles and giving one of those fake as fuck laughs."

Atharos shrugged at Suzume, upon her description of him. "I've been called many things before, but 'Down to Earth' is not one of them. I'd describe myself as 'honest' more than anything else." Pausing to allow Knight to approach, Atharos patted the Zangoose on the head as it stared at Suzume and her Arcanine. When he was sure they weren't a threat, he went about wiping his claws together, scraping away the last scraps of his kill's blood.

After a moment, he smiles again. "So how many princes do you know? I've never met any princes who flash their teeth with shallow smiles. Maybe the real princes reserve that for the ladies, eh?"

Suzume returned Atharos's shrug with a curious look. Maybe he was more honest than down to earth, after all. She was never one for words... that, and she didn't really know the man. "I wonder what else the people of your country call you. They can't all be that nice," a mischievous grin crossed her lips. "When I first saw you, I thought you were everything but honest, down to earth... and all of that goody-goody stuff. But that's the mindset of a 'commoner', or so your people call me."

The soldier woman noticed that his Zangoose had approached them, and Seraph's eyes rested on the smaller creature. Its long claws were colored with blood. She wondered if Caius or Mauve had caught prey already. "I know more royalty than you might expect," she told him, refusing to meet his gaze. "Most of them are the fake type I told you about. They aren't half as 'nice' behind closed doors."

He rolled his eyes when she referred to others as 'his people.' What sort of lofty plain did she think he lived in, and whose ass did she think he crawled up to meet them? "I serve more as a Knight than a prince. I spend more of my days with 'Commoners' than with nobles. I'm sure before long you will get to hear about the many colourful nicknames I've accumulated in Aurios."

Something had been bothering him for a while now, and as he looked back at the group, and the absence of the man with his Water types, Atharos gathered the resolve to go and look for his fellow. "Some other time, I will have to question you some more about the royals you've met. I look forward to hearing more about how 'fake' and unkind they are, in comparison to me." He smirked at his own little joke. How bizarre it was to hear a woman slandering her own royalty, in favour of some bastard from another country: an enemy country at that. "Can you take the vanguard for me? Someone has gone missing from the group; I intend to go find him." Without waiting for her to reply, Atharos took a sharp turn and exited towards the nearby forest. Most of the group were already looking for a campsite, so they would likely not travel far by the time he'd found Shui.

[fieldbox=Erza Yuki, orange, solid]

7cce5d2d83f83b2212e81d2139755583.jpg

Erza was beginning to walk out of the Palace when the Royal Guards marched, brandishing several fancy flags. Her pokemon were close in tow, but Erza stopped short suddenly, the only exit being blocked by a massive bregade. Her sudden stop made Caspar grumble in annoyance, and she shot him a look to silence him. Iris and Sage didnt look any more pleased than she was, but the Prince walked through, his chin held high in obvious rule. She didnt really like to look of him, but everybody in the room stopped and stared in awe. It was quite a seen, but Erza was not one to be impressed by fancy footwear or armies.

She nearly did a double-take, however, when she heard him talking about a journey. In the back of her mind, she expected such a thing, but in reality, she never did. Would she really go on a journey with strangers and pokemon she didnt even know? Something inside of her buzzed with excitement, but another shook with fear and anxiety. What if she was killed? What if her team was killed? It would destroy her morals, and her passion for exploring would be demolished. However, the thought of going to see the other regions made her heart beat fast.

Caspar, Iris, and Sage, all looked over Erza's shoulder as he talked.
"It's a trap. I know it."
"Riiight. Just how you knew this meeting would be boring? Its pretty exciting."
"Erza would never buy it. She's too smart."

Erza looked back at her team, a small smile on her face. This made Caspar grunt, and Sage could only laugh.
"I was right."
"You both are morons sometimes."
"Better start packing, guys."

She muttered to her team before crossing her arms over her chest, exhaling. This would surely be something that she would remember, if she made it out alive. There were more than just dangerous pokemon out there. There were people who would be willing to hurt human and pokemon alike, and that meant her team would need to be on the lookout for anything dangerous. The people she could be traveling with, might as well be those very people wishing to do them harm. Erza saved each of her team members once, and she would damn well do it again.

.Journey Start.
Erza was walking at the side of the group, Iris and Caspar hovering above her while Sage lumbered beside her. Her two flying pokemon were somewhat of an advantage and a disadvantage. WIth their flight, it made them easily visible, since their legs were not used for walking. Their wings helped in sticky situations, but not much in a ground based scenario. Despite that, she still loved her team and wouldnt trade them for the world.

The trip was long and grueling, and she was already sweating. However, it was nice to see the world. She'd lost track of how far they actually traveled, and she was tiring quickly. Her pokemon, however, seemed completely energized, and more than happy to be finally seeing something other than Erza's boring life. She was traveling somewhat away from the group, but not nearly far away enough to discourage conversation. There was a rather interesting group of people, some of them she really wanted to converse with, but something held her back. There was a hidden fear of danger. Plus, Erza had always been the awkward child when it came to conversation. She could never find the right words, and over half the time, said something either wrong or offensive, and the conversation would blow up into a sticky situations that her pokemon could never get her out of.

[/fieldbox]

The march was harsh and grueling until the group finally reached the shade of trees and soft grass beneath their feet. Phoenicis truly was too hot to handle, certainly for an Aurion like Minami and her metal tank. Now that Kinzoku had cooled down enough, Minami had taken a comfortable seat upon his head as the heavy beast lumbered through the forest, her thick coat beneath her as cushioning. Kisuke was out flying, collecting berries with his excellent sense of smell to guide him and Mika had just returned from a hunt with two buneary, that Minami had skinned and was now cooking above Mika's fire.

Minami had to admit this was fun. Traveling had always been fun to her, but being with a group and seeing their skills and reactions was even better.
She tossed Mika some meat and thanked her for roasting it for her before digging in.

Flying high above the group was Salamence with a watchful Gentry on her back. The two scanned the area, keeping an eye out for anything that would threaten their companions below. Ahead they could see Wyeth atop his Charizard scouting the area ahead. This was typically the format the group had traveled in since leaving the palace, with Gentry occasionally coming down to stretch his legs and walk with the others. Absol remained on the ground with Scizor, who elected to stay close by Thea and her Sawsbuck whenever Gentry was in the sky, as if he thought it his job to protect her.

Wyeth flew ahead of the group, and then back down to speak to them. Gentry and Salamence followed down to hear the news. As they headed to the ground, Gentry admired Wyeth's Charizard. Always a formidable Pokemon, he had a great amount of respect for the fire type. They could be found in the caves and mountains of Leonias as well, though he decided it was a fitting companion for a warrior from Fulmion. If Gentry had observed anything about the group so far, it was that they were at least traveling with impressive Pokemon. That was worth something.

Gentry reached the group, and salamence landed the two of them between Thea and Tachibana. Wyeth had suggested stopping to make camp, and while there was an objection or two, it seemed most of the group had agreed stopping was the best choice. Nobody wanted to get stuck in Aurios in the Winter, but if they didn't stop to gather herbs and food, they wouldn't make it to Aurios at all. Several members of the group already went off to hunt or gather.

"Scizor, go out and gather some berries for the group. Gather as many as you can carry, get enough for our companions who don't know the land like we do." It was true, they were finally in Leonias, and Scizor was very familiar with the local plantlife. Salamence would require a meal of greater sustenance, but she could wait for now.

"Scizor!" The pokemon nodded, and darted into the woods. It was nice to be in familiar territory. The tall mountains, cliffs, and waterfalls were common across the country and felt like home compared to the warmer, flatter land of Phoenicis.

"Thea, Tachibana, have you ever been to Leonias before? The land will become more mountainous the further North we travel. It can provide wonderful scenery like this, but also a home for thieves and bandits."

@Sen @Crow

The group marches on until they have reached the cavernous region of Leonais. It was filled with plateaus and hills alike. Tachibana had only heard of this land. The land governed by Entei's divinity and warmth. Its traits were obvious.

"No, I have not. I have only heard of its cavernous environment. It appears that we have two choices - climbing and flying across," Tachibana speaks. "Each choice has its share of advantages and disadvatages."

As Tachibana looks up into the sky in the distant, he sees a rainbow of Pokemon, flocking like birds. Except they were not all birds, but mostly Dragon-Type Pokemon. Leading the flock was a Hydreigon. But that didn't catch Tachibana's attention. What did was the prescence of Flygon within the flock.

"Trapinch may inhabit the area further ahead," Tachibana infers, then warns, "We need to be careful. They will create sand traps that will stop us in our tracks and slow us down."

Kiyoshi X
Kiyoshi was busy enjoying himself that he had nearly forgotten that the group was moving on. He ushered Neno to follow him, making his way towards Toshi and Ying. He smiled at the protective nature Ying showed over Toshi, it was adorable. "Okay guys, let's get going, before we're left." Kiyoshi, Neno, and Ying hopped on Toshi. The breeze was beautiful, Phoenicis weather was the best. It was always warm and beautiful.
|Towards The Journey|
Kiyoshi had finally made it to the group, and not a second to late. He heard one of them suggest the group make camp right here. Kiyoshi sided naturally with Suzume, they shouldn't camp out, they had a duty to do and a problem to get rid of. Watching as a bunch of the group decided to stay and camp, or find food, Kiyoshi landed and hopped off of Toshi. Well, Kiyoshi isn't one to start trouble...on purpose that is, so he would pitch in with the group.

"For you who don't know me I am Kiyoshi of Phoenicis, I hope this journey will be a grand one, for all." He smiled at the group, Neno just shook his head. "Idiot." Neno went off to find some food, with Ying following behind him. Toshi sat right next to Kiyoshi, the giant Togekiss blocking the Sun in the back of Kiyoshi. "Anyway, if we are going to camp out, we should find some...branches or leafs to make beds out of." Kiyoshi wasn't a natural forest type guy, but he knew Ying could chop the wood up and make a nice little resting spot for them.

"So I guess until then..." He stopped talking after spotting the Pokemon flying over head, he could hear the one called Tachibana warning the group about the Trapinch, he had never see one in person, but he heard they can be tricky buggers. Kiyoshi made his way over to Tachibana. "That's good to know, we should probably watch our step when we go farther ahead." He grinned at Tachibana. "Your really smart, you know a lot about the land."

He went back to Toshi, rubbing the Togekiss' underbelly, he was tired from the long flying. "You can rest now, Ying and Neno should be bringing you some food shortly." Kiyoshi smiled at Toshi and then he went to sit down next to Toshi. The breeze in the wind smelt of clear pure water and lily flowers, today was a nice day too. He had never been to Aurios, but he hoped it would be almost as nice as Phoenicis was. His flowy clothes might not do to well in the frigid temperatures, he was just have to deal with it when the time came.

Interaction(s): @Crow

Suzume
The group did not seem to want to listen to her and instead began to set up camp. She was a bit disgruntled when her words were not heeded at all, and it could clearly be seen upon her expression. Seraph snorted beside her, and his long, powerful strides began to become sluggish as he, too, stopped. The two of them shared a glance, exchanging some charged tension between one another. They needed a leader; someone who would guide them and say whether or not they should set up camp, trust a random man or woman, and more. At the moment, their little group made choices depending on what the majority said... and that wasn't a good thing.

Camp was set up at the bottom of the falls where the roar of the water slamming down to the pool below echoed across the small valley. A small cascade of water was to the south of the camp; if someone were to fall into the violent waters, then they would be slammed against the sharp stones. Thankfully, their campsite was near rather calm waters, despite being so close to the waterfalls. Suzume removed Seraph's bridle and allowed the Arcanine to lap at the cool water. Mauve poked his head out of a satchel that was latched onto the striped beast's saddle, and after a few moments of looking around, leaped out and landed on the moist ground with grace. After a while, Caius joined the group as well, his talons red with blood. It appeared that the Noivern had a satisfying kill; Caius folded his wings tight against his body and craned his neck, clicking slightly as Suzume watched him.

Thankfully, her Pokemon appeared healthy and full. Seraph had eaten a day ago, and thus the Pokemon did not have to feast for another few days or so. Mauve had chewed on some berries and... well... Caius had killed something. Suzume could finally focus on herself now that her partners were well. The blonde unstrapped a water pouch from her belt, walking to the calm waters ahead. It had been drier than a desert for longer than it was supposed to. She dipped the pouch into the water and watched it swell beneath the surface. Once it took in all the water it could, she pulled it out and covered it with the lid. The mountain water looked absolutely delicious and refreshing, clear as a crystal. She would drink her fill and restock on it before the headed out.

At the corner of her eye, she spotted someone that had not uttered a word so far. Suzume recognized her as a woman who had a Noivern, much like Caius, and a Flygon. Was she fond of Dragon-types? "You have been the quietest person on this trip so far," she called, seeing that she could not be heard without raising her voice a little. "The Pokemon speak more than you do. Suzume is the name. I see you have a Noivern."

Caius chirped softly in greeting, his tail swaying above the ground. She wasn't sure if the two Noivern should meet-- her own might be a bad influence on the other.

@Ayla
Wyeth
Ah, so they were setting up camp, after all.

Wyeth's Charizard looked more than pleased to see that they had actually stopped to rest. The large, orange dragon stretched her jaws wide in a rumbling yawn once he removed her bridle. Her wings, a pale azure, stretched wide as she walked to the water's edge and looked at her reflection. His eyes wavered to the tip of her tail, which was ablaze, as always. Legend said that if the tail tip was doused, that it would mean the death of the Charizard itself. However, no matter how close Lux had come to death, the blaze would never come close to dying itself. He began to wonder if it was just a myth or if his Pokemon was extremely lucky.

Lux's wings spread wider, and Wyeth waved as she took to the skies. It had been a while since she hunted; every time she did, she would always bring something for him. While it could be a little disturbing at times, food was food, and food meant survival. He waited until the winged Pokemon disappeared over the highest cliff before his violet eyes, bearing a slight tint of blue in the half-light, scanned the group before him. Several people began to mingle together and cliques were beginning to form. It was good that friendships were being forged. If only the whole group could see each other as pure allies, then they would have little to nothing to worry about.

The Fulmi felt something brush up against his leg, and he looked down to see that Ciel had pushed past him as he approached the shore of the rippling pool. A sigh escaped his lips as he watched the lion-like Pokemon began to lap at the clear waters. There was little he could do in regards to controlling the Luxray. Ever since he had known his partner, he knew he was a bit too feral. Though, he knew that Ciel meant well. He was the one that watched his back no matter what, even if he was a bit overprotective.

Someone spoke about Trapinch, and Wyeth turned his head in the direction of a long haired warrior man. A few people had approached him, one of them praising him and deeming him smart. Are Trapinch really that dangerous? He hadn't thought of the small Ground-types as nothing more but nuisances. But sand traps sounded deadly. Maybe they could create quicksand pits and the like as well. The man began to braid his hair in anxiety, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought about the troubles that the Pokemon of the region could give them. He walked past the small group and headed towards a familiar face. While he did not know the name of the soldier, he definitely knew he was Fulmi as well. Perhaps they could provide each other some comfort, as the blond-haired man appeared to be stressed as well.

"Greetings." With his hair now fixed into a full braid that hung past the middle of his back, Wyeth waved at Quinn in a friendly manner. He waited until he was a foot away before he started to speak again. "I didn't get a chance to thank you for your Luxray's aid. I think he calmed Ciel down. If he didn't help... I don't think that rich-looking fellow would have a face anymore," a laugh escaped his lips as he spoke. Hopefully this man would have some sense of humor. "I don't think you know my name... I'm Wyeth, from Fulmion. I don't know why, but I get the feeling that you're Fulmi as well, so I thought I might as well introduce myself." He certainly hoped he was. If he wasn't, then... well... that would be a little awkward.

@Sen @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Crow @Chexmix

Reactions: MadKingJai™
[fieldbox=Erza Yuki, orange, solid]

7cce5d2d83f83b2212e81d2139755583.jpg

Erza was busying herself with making and setting up her bedroll, while Caspar, Sage, and Iris were also making their own sleeping arrangments. They were busy chatting amongst themselves, and Erza listened in despite not having the slightest understanding of what they were saying. Usually, she could tell by their grunts and pitches how they were feeling about whatever topic they were discussing.

However, as Erza was setting her bag down, another girl walked over with another Noivern. He looked slightly angry, or maybe someting else. She always had a hard time reading other Pokemon.
"Another Noivern? I dont like the look of this."
"You're just jealous because you arent special anymore."
"I'm surrounded by morons."

She laughed at Iris's last comment, the tone of her voice suggesting she wasnt very happy with whatever was going on between Caspar and Sage.
"I don't talk much. My team is pretty talkative, though. I'm Erza. Erza Yuki."
She walked over to the girl, resting her hand onto one of her hips. It was nice to talk to somebody other than her Pokemon, since they could respond in the tongue she was most familiar with. Suzume was cheery, and more than likely somebody Erza could become friends with. She returned her smile, looking at her Pokemon.
"You're own Noivern is beautiful. He looks really healthy. Caspar over there has been with me since he was a Noibat. Saved him from a bunch of Vigeroth. Fell out of his nest, and, well, you know how that works."
She lauged and jerked her thumb back over to her team. Caspar looked displeased, more than likely knowing they were talking about him. She knew very well Caspar was a cocky, arrogant pokemon and hated being talked about as weak and spinless, but thats how the story took place. She'd been exploring and saw the poor little hatchling scuttling about in the greenery, a broken wing and a bunch of hungry predators. She'd had matches with her, managed to scare them off.
"They're talking about me. I was not that weak."
"From what I heard, you were practically Vigeroth chow."
"I swear to Lugia, Sage, I will cut your-"
"Enough, you both. I swear, its like your first evolutions all over again."

Erza looked back at her mismatched team of a Niovern, Flygon, and Typhlosion. They had all come from seperate backrounds and places, but yet they chose to stay with her because of a hidden connection.
"Where you from, Suzume?"

[/fieldbox]

@Ambra

indie-flower.regular.png

Her Sawsbuck began to slow down to a halt along with the rest of the group, content with setting up camp, although she could see some of them did not seem to like the idea of it. She didn't mind, she could spend the day collecting berries if she wanted to. Cocking her head towards Gentry, who had landed his Salamence close to her, she smiled sadly in response. "I certainly wish I have. I've never travelled far from Verdante, but I have seen pictures and read books of the other nations," the young girl sighed, before dismounting her steed and patting her companion's neck, rubbing the soft fur. "I have met a few bandits in Verdante, but they have never dared to venture deep into the forests. Celebi protects us, along with the other Pokemon." Thea suddenly chuckled to herself, "I suppose I have been sheltered for most of my life."

She looked up at the sky in wonder, watching flocks of Pokemon flying by them overhead. They were not Flying-type Pokemon, but Dragon-types, a rarity in the land of Verdante where Grass-types roamed free. The small woman had seen plenty of these rare type Pokemon amongst their group, especially Noiverns, but she found herself fascinated by these terrifying yet extremely beautiful creatures. She sighed to herself, before looking at Gentry and Tachibana with a smile, "I'll go collect some herbs and berries." Her voice was a happy chitter, before she turned around and skipped down towards the woods with Stargrove in tow.

trade-winds.regular.png

The soldier began to make himself comfortable near the shade, keeping to the walls and silently helping the others to set up camp. While Dinari sat aside licking his paw, watching everyone with eagle-like eyes, Thresh helped his companion out, with Jachin following close behind and using his powerful claw to make his job a little easier. His eyes flickered towards the voice of one of the men, a man with long hair who voiced his concern about the Trapinch. The soldier frowned, they were often amassed and caused plenty of trouble with their sandstorms and their sand traps, there were plenty of them living in the countryside in Fulmion, much to the disappointment of many Electric-types.

Quinn's eyes flickered up to meet another person, his eyes betraying some surprise. It was the one with the Luxray that had pounced on the pale man in the dining hall a few days ago. The one that Dinari had shown interest to, the feline's action strange and unusual even to the rest of his Pokemon and himself. At his greeting, the blond man nodded in response. He was never the talkative type, someone who preferred to watch and listen. But he knew that he needed to be polite. It seemed that this man was also one of his own kinsmen. A Fulmi.

Clearing his throat, he managed to crack a smile at the stranger. "I was quite surprised myself," he managed to say in an almost strained, unused voice, his own voice sounded strange to him. "I am Quinn, good to see another Fulmi," Quinn murmured politely. Thresh stopped what he was doing and peered into the face of the newcomer with mild interest, as if he was sizing Wyeth up.

@Chexmix @Crow @Ambra