3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Anything that actually has, you know, a good plot. I prefer RPs with fantastical elements, however, so generally, a bit of fantasy goes a long way.

The sun doesn’t rise and the stars don’t shine. Utter darkness encapsulates the surface world, broken only by a Scarlet Moon that illuminates a banquet of bloodshed for the deathless Tyrants roaming remnants of the Age of Indulgence. A black miasma pervades civilization’s ruins, rotting the lungs and deluding the mind, white carcasses strewn everywhere as monsters enjoy their immortality within this lifeless landscape.

The world had ended, God slain and its children slaughtered.

But humanity’s last clung on, persistently surviving deep underground, huddling in the darkness of caves, subsisting off subterranean lifeforms and finding comfort in what flames could be cultivated within. Small communities flourished into multi-level towns, held together by scaffolding, rudimentary tunnels becoming the foundation for an entire network. They survived, yet still, they were vermin, hiding in the shadows of their predators, their desperation for survival enough that entire towns would be quarantined if monsters sniffed it out.

It was a pitiful, cowardly, disgusting way of life, one that was nevertheless ‘accepted’.

Indeed, humans could not face the immortal Tyrants, the immortal monsters that exuded a flesh-decaying fog.

No, a different soul was required. One that was not satisfied with simply ‘living’. One that still held dreams in a world that was already dead. One that had an irresistible longing for the unattainable.

Wielding the vestiges of a dead God, consuming the might of the Tyrants they slay, they are the last amongst humanity that still choose to fight.

With Hope as their spark, Desire as their fuel, their flames chase away the darkness.

With God as their blade, Corruption as their strength, their fangs reach even the undying.

No matter how many times they die, their will shall not collapse.

They are Daybreakers, illuminators of a lightless world, incinerators of a sin-drenched present.

The ones that fight for a happy ending in a world seeking tragedy.

More info may follow. Just dropping this brainfart out before I forget it. And gauging interest too, I guess. Looking for a group of 4-6 that don't mind drowning their characters through shit while making them fight against the natural reaction of becoming edgy nihilists due to these tragedies. Cause once they lose Hope, they'll be lucky to just die.

Looking for something emotional. Perhaps melodramatic. Perhaps hot blooded. Don't mind dialing shit up to 11, really.

Inspiration is taken from Code Vein, Ayanashi, and Seraph of the End, with a potential dash of Scum's Wish.

Drowning through shit sounds pretty good I guess.

For real though, is this an idea still being fleshed out, or do you have a pretty good idea on the world and such?

For example, what sort of time period did the world end at, and how long has the world been really shitty? Or are those details forgotten/irrelevant?

Drowning through shit sounds pretty good I guess.

For real though, is this an idea still being fleshed out, or do you have a pretty good idea on the world and such?

For example, what sort of time period did the world end at, and how long has the world been really shitty? Or are those details forgotten/irrelevant?
Got a fairly good idea of the world in my head, but haven't put much down yet.

World turning to shit has been a rather continuous thing, so it's not like it was a sudden end or anything else. From the time that the first Tyrant appeared to the current time, it's been roughly 300 years. The time period ended at the 21st century. There's still salvagers plunging into the surface with gas masks and all that stuff to search for old-era tech, and sometimes subway stations are used as camps/towns and whatnot, but tech itself is more hurbledurble ye olde middle ages.

Gotcha. Buncha more questions before I wait for the OOC/CS'es:

>Roughly how powerful are our characters going to start off as? Will their power develop as the RP progresses, or will they generally hang around the same power level?
>Is pretty much all of their power from the 'vestiges of a dead God' they own? Are these generally put into weapons, or can it be anything from a pair of gloves to a necklace?
>Is there a general sort of theme you want to follow with the 'powers' of characters, or is it pretty freeform?
>What happens to them when they 'die'? I'm guessing they come back, but do they lose anything (like memories, power) in the process?

Gotcha. Buncha more questions before I wait for the OOC/CS'es:

>Roughly how powerful are our characters going to start off as? Will their power develop as the RP progresses, or will they generally hang around the same power level?
>Is pretty much all of their power from the 'vestiges of a dead God' they own? Are these generally put into weapons, or can it be anything from a pair of gloves to a necklace?
>Is there a general sort of theme you want to follow with the 'powers' of characters, or is it pretty freeform?
>What happens to them when they 'die'? I'm guessing they come back, but do they lose anything (like memories, power) in the process?

I'll figure out based off their CS. They should be able to survive getting tossed through walls though.

Their ability to kill the undying comes from the vestiges. Their actual physical ability comes from the corrutpion. These vestiges take the form of a weapon, but are a part of their body.

I'll make powers up.

They lose nothing other than the time it takes to regenerate their body and gain consciousness. And I guess if they're pussies, they'll go a little insane too.

Kind of a Demon's/Dark Souls vibe going on here. I dig it.

If this thing hasn't died out, I'm game as all hell.

-crashes into this at the speed of sound-

I AM HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.