Inside The Game OOC/Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dunruffle

Original poster
Have you ever wondered what is like to live inside a computer/video game? What would change and what would stay the same? What if you had a chance to become the person you always wished you could be? To show others your prowess and skill? Well now you can. But once you are in, will you be able to get out?

The story i have planned is in the same vein as the anime Sword Art Online and the manwha The Gamer. A group of gamers are transported from the real world to a virtual one. Once in the virtual reality, they must use their respective gaming skills to survive and win. There is a large variety of gamers. Ranging from first person shooters to MOBA style gamers. Feel free to be creative and make a unique gamer.

Rules:
-No godmodding or metagaming
-No Hijacking posts or scenes
-Be respectful and courteous.
-Post length must be at least 1 paragraph, preferably 2
-no harassing or bullying of other members
-Participants must post at least once per week. You will be given 3 warnings to post and if you don't you will be kicked
-If you are going to be gone/absent please let me know ahead of time.
-If you have an idea or suggestion please put it in the OOC, hijacking scenes will not be tolerated.
-The posting order will be set in the beginning and will be followed. Please don't fill up a page with posts between two people
-GM word is law (I will be a fair and benevolent god)

Character Sheet:
Real Life Name:
Real Life Age:
Real Life Gender:
History:
Personality:

Game Name:
Game Title/Type of Gamer:
Game Gender:
Appearance: (Preferably drawn art, but no anime please.)
Weapons: (type of weapons/abilities usually used. ex: guns, magic, martial arts, etc)
Abilities: (at least 2 passive abilities. 4 abilities in total should match gaming style)
Drawbacks: (2 or more things that weaken the game character. ex: needs mana for magic, cannot receive buffs, etc.)
Ultimate Ability: (powerful but not gamebreakingly OP, ex: insta-kill everything, god mode, etc.)

Gaming types are first come first serve, also please try to make your gamer unique. We dont need 3 shooters, 4 mages, and 2 martial artists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Sheet:

Real Life Name: Erik Riggs
Real Life Age: 20
Real Life Gender: male
History:
Born in America, Erik grew up in a normal family household. When he was 14 he was introduced to video games by several of his friends. He immediately fell in love with them and developed a special affinity with first person shooter games. As he grew older, Erik became even more engrossed with FPS games. He got the latest console and played both classic shooters from his youth to the brand new FPS shooters that had just been released. Now in college, Erik spends his days between studying for school and playing FPS games. But mostly playing games.
Personality:
Erik considers himself one of the more rational FPS gamers. This means that he only rages every once in awhile. Otherwise he is cool and collected, along with the occassional instance of immature humor.

Game Name: FaZe
Game Title/Type of Gamer: FPS Freak
Game Gender: Male
Appearance:
HZk5rgD.jpg

Weapons: Firearms
Abilities:
-Ammo Pickup: FaZe automatically picks up ammo and weapons he walks over
-Firearm Master: FaZe can use any kind of firearm he picks up
-Health Regen: When not taking damage, FaZe slowly regenerates lost health
-Grenades: FaZe can throw both tactical and lethal grenades
Drawbacks:
-Shooter Health: FaZe has a low total amount of health (like most fps characters)
-Guns Only: FaZe can only use firearm type weapons, he cannot pickup or use melee weapons (besides bashing with his gun)
-Buff Me Not: FaZe cannot receive offensive type buffs from other characters, only defensive buffs
Ultimate Ability:
-Aimbot: for a short period of time, all of FaZe's attacks have a 100% hit chance

Real Life Name: Alexander Gladstone
Real Life Age: 22
Real Life Gender: Male
History:
Alexander was introduced to strategy games while young, Not online or digital ones, but games like Risk and chess. He very quickly took to them and after some time found that Real Time Strategy on the PC and the Turn Based Strategy were far more in depth and interesting. Winning the Starcraft world championships several times in a row set him apart from other gamers. though he did his best to remain down to earth and avoid making others feel 'below' him. Having dropped out of collage to become a full time gamer he is comfortable with his life.

Personality: Alexander is calm, calculating and analytical. At least while in game, while out of game he's calm, warm, and kind and thoughtful, He enjoys a combination of classical music and heavy metal as well as daydreaming up new (somewhat crazy) strategies for his games.

Game Name: Tacticus
Game Title/Type of Gamer: RTS/TBS (Real Time Strategy, Turn Based Strategy)
Game Gender: male
Appearance:
latest

Weapons: He lacks any weapons of his own except his sword, Rather He has the ability to create structures such as defencive towers and other buildings that spawn offensive minions. The longer the fight is in a single place the more powerful minions he can spawn. Minions are often relative to the area, So if they are in a forest the minions are likely to be a fantasy style, While in a city more modern, and in a space ship, scifi.

Passive Abilities:
Overseer; Alexander is capable of seeing all things that his minions see,
Made for Maps: The buildings, and Minions, change size to suit the map or area that they are in.
Where Do they keep coming from?!: There is no cap to the amount of buildings, minions, or turrets that can be summoned/spawned.
Tactical Pause: He can, for brief moments of time 'pause' the real world, and give orders, directions, queue production and other things. however he cannot move, attack, and nor can anyone else during this time.

Drawbacks:
I am a Leader Not a Fighter: Almost No health, and very little combat ability, though his weapons hit like a truck.
Don't Buff me, Buff them!: Buffs cannot effect him, of any kind.
Build Speed: The more powerful a unit, Or building, the longer it takes to build.

Ultimate Ability: Titan Unit, The 'ultimate Unit' bloody massive, bloody tough, and hits like a freight train. Depending on the environment this could be a Dragon, a super-heavy tank, a genetically engineered behemoth, or even a mecha of some kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunruffle
Real Life Name: Kyrie Bryant

Real Life Age: 19

Real Life Gender: Female

History: Born into a family of four, three boys, one girl, Kyrie, the youngest was pulled into the gaming life to keep up with the others, starting off with roleplaying games and strategy games that the four used to play into all hours of the night in turns. This small start transformed into a love of roleplaying and strategy games, that really hid Kyrie's love for fighting and leveling up. Around high school, she was moved in with her oldest brother for personal reasons, and all that she really managed to take with her were clothes and games. Now in college, Kyrie somehow maintains games and clothes in her collection of personal things, a bookshelf of RPG games being the centerpiece of her room. And a small basket of clothes somewhere nearby that get washed daily.

Personality: can have a more domineering, stoic, lonely personality, often straying off and keeping to herself seeing that interactions as only needed when mandatory, that's her outside of the game though. Inside the game, she takes a more open, warm, motherly persona, trying to get everyone to work as a team, and all together, and fight as one. She does carry a more reckless abandon for herself though.

Game Name: Leoda

Game Title/Type of Gamer: RTS, Adventure, RPG, Open World

Game Gender: Female

Appearance:
7c39ec6b642c92dca53ad142c5dcdf19.jpg

Weapons: Often relies on either dual-wielding blades or Larger longswords, this serves to allow her mobility and range when getting up close with the enemy, or having to cover her weaknesses

Abilities:
Berserk: in exchange for stronger hits and more chances for critical hits, she takes more damage to herself
Graveyard tactics: With a boost in speed, and in exchange for strength, every hit can give health to Leoda, for a short period of time.
Shark-bait: Can lure enemies and bait them to take heat away from others.

Drawbacks:
Reckless Charge: often charges into battles as first offense, either tactically or out of solo habit
Zero Defense: Never a defender, often takes hits and powers through, worries only about health when its low
Bait: Due to reckless fighting style, often becomes target for enemies, loses health too often, too fast.

Ultimate Ability:
Shadow Dance: One time, one use, able to enact series of at least five critical hits or more(depending on magic levels) to either multiple enemies or main boss enemy.

Reactions: Dunruffle
Alright looks good so far. I am trying to get one more person then we will start.

Ok guys, after giving it some thought i am going to change the CS sheet a little. Passive abilities will now be renamed to just abilities and you can have 4 of them. Since i realize that certain types of games have multiple weak abilities and one ultimate.

Reactions: Mágissa Kei
I'm interested in this and I think I'll give it a go, though I'm afraid I'm not certain how my Activity will be. If I feel like I'm not able to focus too well I will back out with no issues, since I wouldn't want to hold up the RP for my own sake.

Sadly I've decided that I cannot invest enough time into this to make it worth it for the rest of you, with activity requirements of at least one post a week and only 2 days free time usually per week and other RPs occupying my time. Though this RP looks really good and I hope you have a good time with it, thank you anyways.

ok guys. I am going to make a healer then start the rp. i will leave the signups open in case anyone else wants to join.

Real Life Name: Antonio Ramirez
Real Life Age: 22
Real Life Gender: male
History: Growing up, Antonio was always fascinated by music. He learned how to play the trumpet in elementary school but soon grew tired of the structured environment of orchestra. In high school, Antonio discovered all new genres of music and was introduced to video games as well. With his talent for music and his love for video games, Antonio became a master at almost any type of music or rhythm based video game. After graduating high school, Antonio was granted a scholarship to attend a local arts and design college. Determined to make his own music video game, Antonio has spent the past few years developing his own music based combat video game.
Personality: Antonio is happy and go-lucky. He is usually almost always humming along to some music and loves sharing his passion with others. He loves to help other people out and is convinced that music is the one thing that can inspire anyone.

Game Name: RemiX
Game Title/Type of Gamer: Melodic Master
Game Gender: male
Appearance:
rlUC9L9.jpg

Weapons: sound waves
Abilities:
-Music Virtuoso: RemiX can use a variety of music for different effects. ex: Heavy metal increases attack, Orchestra increases health, etc.
-Buff it Up: the longer one type of music is playing, it gradually increases its effects
-Sk8 Lyfe: RemiX can use his soundboard (sound powered skateboard) to move around quickly
Drawbacks:
-Lover not a Fighter: RemiX is purely a support character. His sound waves do very little damage to enemies
-Half Buff: RemiX's buffs only have half the effect on himself
Ultimate Ability:
-Up to 11: For a short time, all of RemiX's buffs are multiplied by 11 (110%)

Yeah, I'm not getting alerts for the main thread though. care to tag me in it so I can post? (probably gonna post tomorrow afternoon, Have a game tonight and a interview tomorrow)

Sure, its your post anyways so we shall wait for you.

I just finished SAO and am moving on to SAO ll. I love the original arc and definitely want to make an SAO type character. If you could help me with my CS, I'd appreciate it.

(WIP)

Real Life Name: Alianne Grace Harmon
Real Life Age: 21
Real Life Gender: Female
History:
Personality:

Game Name: Aly
Game Title/Type of Gamer:
Game Gender: Female
Appearance: (Preferably drawn art, but no anime please.)
Weapons: Hand-and-a-half sword, recurve longbow.
Abilities: (at least 2 passive abilities. 4 abilities in total should match gaming style)
Drawbacks: (2 or more things that weaken the game character. ex: needs mana for magic, cannot receive buffs, etc.)
Ultimate Ability: (powerful but not gamebreakingly OP, ex: insta-kill everything, god mode, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.