6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
Inside Identity OOC Banner 1b.png
  • Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.
    [btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-ic.149827/]IC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-cs.149323/]CS[/btn]
    _________________________________________________________________________________

About
    This is an RP loosely based on the anime "Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai". I say loosely because it recycles similar themes and setting, but with all original characters. No canon characters will show up in this RP, and only characters approved in the CS thread for this RP should be posting in the IC. If someone is interested in joining they can post here in the OOC about their interest as well as infer as to where the plot is moving, and then fill out a CS, which should only be posted in the CS thread (linked above soon). The rules for this RP are as follows:
    • 1. First and foremost you need to adhere to the standard rules of RPing: no powerplaying or meta-gaming, but mild godmoding or auto-hitting is allowed as long as it's to the point of, say, occasionally having a perfect counter, flicking someone too close on the forehead, or sneaking up behind someone who is distracted and tickling them or the likes, but anything beyond is forbidden. That said, many acts of light auto-hitting like the tickling will still need to be discussed between players in the OOC for permission.
    • 2. The next thing I can't stress enough is that characters don't necessarily need to get along, but players should still show respect to each other in the OOC and retain a positive environment here.
    • 3. Players are not allowed to post in the IC unless their character has been approved and it is that character's turn to post.
    • 4. The IC will be conducted in an orderly manner with an episodic style where character posting order will be determined prior to each episode. Depending on how things turn out it may be possible that some posting orders will be reused, but that is to be determined. Players may also use a posting profile to spruce up their posts should they wish to use one.
    • 5. Even though this is based on the Chuunibyou series, one does not need to have actually seen or read the series to join as long as they can match the setting, though it is nonetheless highly recommended as the series is great!
    • 6. Like in the series there will be delusion battles on occasion. Make sure that all actions performed in the realm of fantasy during such events are justifiable within the constructs of the realm of reality.
    • 7. Despite this RP focusing around the concept of chuunibyou, it does not mean you can't have a character like Kumin or Isshiki from the anime: one who's either completely oblivious to chuunibyou or doesn't quite have it but is mildly interested in the idea.
    • 8. On the subject of characters: there will be a max cap of 2 per player to begin with. This being said, both characters do not need to be submitted or enter the fray at the beginning. In other words, you could go ahead and submit a CS for 2 different characters if you want, and have one enter in later on in the RP, and you could also submit just one in the beginning and then submit another one at a later date when inspiration strikes you. This goes without saying that you can also submit 2 characters and start RPing as both right from the get-go. If the latter is done then, when character posting order is chosen, you may have influence over which of your two characters you'd like to post as before the other, but they will still adhere to the randomly generated order and they can not switch places after the order has been set. One more thing to note is that although the initial character limit is 2 per person, if, later on down the road, anyone feels that they want to have another character they are free to submit a third as long as they can still keep up.
    • 9. Bear in mind while you are creating your character that since this RP is anime-based all FCs need be in anime style and of decent quality; whether they are official anime/manga art, anime-style game art, or fan art/commission. Sources won't need to be cited, however, so no need to stress there.
    • 10. Another point to note is that, similar to the original series, there will be a dedicated junior high school connected to the high school where most of the setting takes place, so the possibility for making a junior high character like Dekomori is open as long as they have relevance to the setting. Despite this, characters at the high school are not barred from having attended a different junior high school.
    • 11. Touching up from earlier on character limitations; family members and random NPCs can be used independent of your character limit, as long as they are not used as frequently as a PC would be; the occasional one liner from a random person or RPing as a character's family when around them at home or whatever is acceptable.
    • 12. Oh, romance? Sure, there can be an element of romance to this RP between characters; just remember that if one or both parties are patients of chuunibyou it will be a long and bumpy road before they can officially be called an item as those suffering from the affliction typically aren't well versed in such deep, complex relationships and will frequently cause problems or misunderstandings. Granted some characters can already be in a relationship upon RP launch, as long as it is specified by both parties in the CS and at least briefly explained in their bio. if players would like to discuss various inner plots such as this among each other they may do so in the OOC.
    • 13. Lastly, this RP will be taking place in modern Japan (specifically: the Minato ward in Tokyo, a.k.a. Minato City), and as such it will be following typical Japanese customs. High school and junior high school each have only 3 years, and classes will begin in April; typically when cherry blossoms begin or are close to blooming. Also, there are no dedicated school buses to pick up students; they will commute to school by either train, public bus, and/or foot depending on the distance between their home and the school. Classes will take place Monday-Saturday, with Saturday being a half day. Also don't forget that all students have foot lockers at the entrance of the school where they switch between their indoor and outdoor shoes which are provided by the student's family. Lastly on the subject is that while there is a cafeteria within the school where students can buy lunches via purchasing vouchers at a machine and then bringing them to the service area, a large percentage of students typically tend to have packed lunches (bentou! XD) brought from home often consisting of leftovers or a small, balanced lunch prepared by family alongside white rice, so make sure to keep these factors in mind.

That's it for rules and the like! More information on the current events and direction of the IC can be found on the Summary tab, but if you have any questions not answered feel free to ask away! Let's all have fun alright?!​
  • Currently Under Maintenance
    Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.
    [btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-ic.149827/]IC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-cs.149323/]CS[/btn]
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Characters of Note
    A quick look at the characters that are in the IC

Active Characters

• Bass Magus as:
      • Aria Sakai
    • chaosheart13 as:
      • Kazami Ueda
        Kazami_Nyx.png
      • Nariko Hideyoshi
    • Banana-senpai as:
      • Meiko Tanaka
      • Satoshi Saruyama
    • Amayan as:
      • Akemi Kurokawa
  • Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.

The Story Thus Far...

Week one of school has come and gone, and some of our rambunctious new students have begun meeting new faces. The energetic second year Kazami Ueda has tried and failed to find any new members for her rather unique club that got reduced to just her at the end of the previous year, but her drive to rebuild the club burns hotter than ever! Meanwhile a small group of third years are becoming aware of and interested by each other, but due to complications one Miyako Mitsuoka has given her cousin Satoshi Maruyama the task of investigating the happenings around the school, as well as the intentions behind their classmate, Meiko Tanaka.

We now enter the second week of school, and club recruitment has officially begun! The first years end their Monday with an assembly where a selection of clubs are showcasing to the students in an attempt to gain fresh new members, however everything gets thrown off balance when Kazami causes a scene at the gym where the assembly is being held. With teachers hot on her tail, Kazami flees the scene, dragging along with her a hapless, unsuspecting first year student named Akemi Kurokawa who happened to be in her path. Will Kazami manage to find enough members to revive her club? Only time (and your participation) will tell!
  • Currently Under Maintenance
    Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.

Past Characters of Note
    A quick look at the characters that were in the IC

Inactive Characters

• DANAsaur as:
      • Miyako Mitsuoka
    • Jesse Knight as:
      • Sagu Jackson

Last edited:
@Banana-senpai you yourself said you wouldn't have it up until at least the end of the month, so there's no need to worry ^-^

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
@Banana-senpai not trying to rush or anything, but do you possibly have an ETA for your post? ^-^ It's just so I know when I can expect it so I don't end up feeling restless or impatient or anything

@Banana-senpai not trying to rush or anything, but do you possibly have an ETA for your post? ^-^ It's just so I know when I can expect it so I don't end up feeling restless or impatient or anything
Sadly, I'm in a pinch at the moment (snuck in just now).
It might take me until the end of this week or the next. Skipping me won't really do damage, though right?

Sadly, I'm in a pinch at the moment (snuck in just now).
It might take me until the end of this week or the next. Skipping me won't really do damage, though right?
I guess if you're in that bad of a bind and don't mind. In that case I'll just include her outburst in the GM NPC post as originally planned and you can pick back up when we start another day or something. Sadly this does mean that there will only be @Amayan, @chaosheart13, and me posting until then (unless @Jesse Knight shows up again in time to save himself from the boot), but I guess it can't be helped in this case. If we end up starting another day before you're back though, we may have to just enter in Aito and Erin to occupy our characters for the day; Aito to Kazami and Erin to Nariko and Aria (they could all 3 run into each other when going to check out the Literary Club ^-^). Not sure sure where Akemi will be during all this though; we'll just have to wait and see I guess ^^' either way, in the event of this happening I hope @york and @Takumi are prepared! :D

Oh! I think so >.< been a while since I created the sheet so Imma have to try and get into character for him, but yeah.

Still reading the ic just cause. I'm honestly enjoying reading it though.

I will do my best to prepare myself. :3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York
I guess if you're in that bad of a bind and don't mind. In that case I'll just include her outburst in the GM NPC post as originally planned and you can pick back up when we start another day or something.

I'm still in, I'm just going to do my drafting offline. I'm trying to draft a thing offline without references (really sorry, connection is super bad at the moment).
So all active characters are at the gym at the moment? I can't open the IC. All I recall is about my characters and Miyako, Akemi's walking out, I think and Kazami's outburst which I can't recall if it was addressed to everyone.

I'm still in, I'm just going to do my drafting offline. I'm trying to draft a thing offline without references (really sorry, connection is super bad at the moment).
So all active characters are at the gym at the moment? I can't open the IC. All I recall is about my characters and Miyako, Akemi's walking out, I think and Kazami's outburst which I can't recall if it was addressed to everyone.
to my knowledge Kazami's outburst was spoken aloud to the entire assembly, and other than Akemi who stepped out of the auditorium yes all the currently active characters are in the gym. As of yet Kazami's outburst that you're remembering is the most recent activity since we're still trying to figure things out between you and me after Dana unfortunately needed to leave for a break again

Oh yeah @Bass Magus the first post in the signups thread at least, appears to have suffered a major mishap, because, well... It certainly didn't look like that last time I checked >.<

Oh yeah @Bass Magus the first post in the signups thread at least, appears to have suffered a major mishap, because, well... It certainly didn't look like that last time I checked >.<

Hey guys, before anyone mentions it yes I know there's some issues with the CS rn; I was making edits and due to bandwidth being taken up by updating a game client Iwaku won't let me make corrections atm and I'd rather not stop the update as it has been months since the last update and it's been working on it for a couple hours now and is still just at 40%, so I'll be fixing it later within the next 24 hours

This whole situation was, in fact, caused by a series of bugs on Iwaku; I am currently waiting for them to get fixed before proceeding to even attempt fixing that head post

This whole situation was, in fact, caused by a series of bugs on Iwaku; I am currently waiting for them to get fixed before proceeding to even attempt fixing that head post
Oh! Alright. Though I suspect the bug was fixed when they turned off rich text editor, so you might be able to fix the stuff with the basic one. Just not sure how it'll perform whenever they turn on rich text editor again.

Oh! Alright. Though I suspect the bug was fixed when they turned off rich text editor, so you might be able to fix the stuff with the basic one. Just not sure how it'll perform whenever they turn on rich text editor again.
that's actually a temporary fix for the infinite loading when you try to reply with a quote. I'm currently stalking the Bug Reports Thread and all of the errors causing this situation (table code breaking, justify align not working, fonts defaulting, and editor having problems with large posts) are still on their list of bugs that they're working on. Until they are fixed and subsequently removed from that list (particularly that last one I mentioned) I am unable to do anything about the CS head post

Oh >.> yeah, though I suspect you might be able to work on fixing the whole issue by perhaps testing out reproducible sections of the thing, and figuring out workarounds for each issue. Then, putting all the stuff together after stuff has been properly fixed in order to overall, make the head post work.

Either that or maybe save the raw codes and stuff for the CS first post, and just see if you can't type up a more basic version for now, so it's not a big mess of exposed scripts.

Oh >.> yeah, though I suspect you might be able to work on fixing the whole issue by perhaps testing out reproducible sections of the thing, and figuring out workarounds for each issue. Then, putting all the stuff together after stuff has been properly fixed in order to overall, make the head post work.

Either that or maybe save the raw codes and stuff for the CS first post, and just see if you can't type up a more basic version for now, so it's not a big mess of exposed scripts.
while that is a valid idea, the major issue is that the only method for keeping all the information stored on that post organized is what doesn't work anymore, and there's no other working method of organization. The only other method is to just lay it all out in line, but that would more than double the total size of the page, and the editor wouldn't agree with the size of the post =_= I've tried fixing it, but a bug is a bug and there's no real way around it at this moment. I mean, I guess I could make it really minimalistic, but that goes totally against my nature v_v; sorry I'm such a bothersome GM

Oh, if it's raw script, I think you can just copy and paste it into a text file for now, back it up and for now have a bare bones thing as a placeholder, Iunno xD I just figure we should have the CS thing be readable for any newbies that might join.

Oh, if it's raw script, I think you can just copy and paste it into a text file for now, back it up and for now have a bare bones thing as a placeholder, Iunno xD I just figure we should have the CS thing be readable for any newbies that might join.
That's just the thing: it's not just normal broken code anymore. The editor hates long messages so much it totally converted my BBC code into HTML code which does not work on the forum, as well as rearranged some of it so it's not even in order anymore; essentially I have to rebuild it from memory aside from the top bit, but I need the code to be functional in order to do that so I can reference the preview as I rebuild it because when it comes to certain things like the appearance as well as testing the code to make sure it's typed properly I need to preview it, but if the code just breaks because of the post size it renders that whole process meaningless

Well, there's a test section in this forum where you could try putting in "fragments" of code, patching it as need be, could also just keep editing the initial post and see where it's going wrong, maybe copy past some stuff from the other original posts to help out xS Iunno.

That's the best I could do for now! I'm sorry for the low quality content, @Bass Magus
Will I skip Satoshi for now?

That's the best I could do for now! I'm sorry for the low quality content, @Bass Magus
Will I skip Satoshi for now?
It's fine; I know you're in a bind right now. I actually expected Meiko to get pissed that their time slot was being interupted since there's only so much time that they're given and they lucked out getting the chance to showcase their club in the assembly, but maybe I'll add that as a personality quirk to my little side-character girl? The reason why she sucks at sleuthing so much could be a lack of patience that causes her mood to swing various directions depending on the situation. Examples: staking out something could make her lose interest and no longer want to participate, waiting for an answer from someone who's slow to decide or speak up (like Satoshi?) could make her passive-aggressively tease them, and someone intruding on something highly important that has had her nervous about for a while could throw her off the deep end. This way she's not exactly perfect but she still retains the moe qualities of the muffintop fruitcake doll (lol) character that I'm trying to make her into. Thoughts? Also, yes; we will be skipping Satoshi until the next day. Sorry I haven't been very productive towards that little side character, btw, I've been rather busy the last couple days. I'm currently still trying to get a face-claim image for her. Once I find a decent amount of possibilities that I like I'll inquire you guys about them here. Since this is a side character I want to share at least some of her creation process with you guys, even if I'll be in sole control of her actions as an NPC character

Thoughts? Also, yes; we will be skipping Satoshi until the next day.

Both okay.

If you want a set action/reaction plan for Satoshi and Meiko just let me know and I'll write that in next time. I never characterized them as easily annoyed so getting Meiko impatient about Kazami's "outburst" wasn't on my mind at all. I'm sorry about that, though. I'll consult you more thoroughly next time. At this point, I'm making Meiko interested in Chuunibyou so she won't mind getting involved in the later parts, that's all.