6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
Inside Identity OOC Banner 1b.png
  • Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.
    [btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-ic.149827/]IC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-cs.149323/]CS[/btn]
    _________________________________________________________________________________

About
    This is an RP loosely based on the anime "Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai". I say loosely because it recycles similar themes and setting, but with all original characters. No canon characters will show up in this RP, and only characters approved in the CS thread for this RP should be posting in the IC. If someone is interested in joining they can post here in the OOC about their interest as well as infer as to where the plot is moving, and then fill out a CS, which should only be posted in the CS thread (linked above soon). The rules for this RP are as follows:
    • 1. First and foremost you need to adhere to the standard rules of RPing: no powerplaying or meta-gaming, but mild godmoding or auto-hitting is allowed as long as it's to the point of, say, occasionally having a perfect counter, flicking someone too close on the forehead, or sneaking up behind someone who is distracted and tickling them or the likes, but anything beyond is forbidden. That said, many acts of light auto-hitting like the tickling will still need to be discussed between players in the OOC for permission.
    • 2. The next thing I can't stress enough is that characters don't necessarily need to get along, but players should still show respect to each other in the OOC and retain a positive environment here.
    • 3. Players are not allowed to post in the IC unless their character has been approved and it is that character's turn to post.
    • 4. The IC will be conducted in an orderly manner with an episodic style where character posting order will be determined prior to each episode. Depending on how things turn out it may be possible that some posting orders will be reused, but that is to be determined. Players may also use a posting profile to spruce up their posts should they wish to use one.
    • 5. Even though this is based on the Chuunibyou series, one does not need to have actually seen or read the series to join as long as they can match the setting, though it is nonetheless highly recommended as the series is great!
    • 6. Like in the series there will be delusion battles on occasion. Make sure that all actions performed in the realm of fantasy during such events are justifiable within the constructs of the realm of reality.
    • 7. Despite this RP focusing around the concept of chuunibyou, it does not mean you can't have a character like Kumin or Isshiki from the anime: one who's either completely oblivious to chuunibyou or doesn't quite have it but is mildly interested in the idea.
    • 8. On the subject of characters: there will be a max cap of 2 per player to begin with. This being said, both characters do not need to be submitted or enter the fray at the beginning. In other words, you could go ahead and submit a CS for 2 different characters if you want, and have one enter in later on in the RP, and you could also submit just one in the beginning and then submit another one at a later date when inspiration strikes you. This goes without saying that you can also submit 2 characters and start RPing as both right from the get-go. If the latter is done then, when character posting order is chosen, you may have influence over which of your two characters you'd like to post as before the other, but they will still adhere to the randomly generated order and they can not switch places after the order has been set. One more thing to note is that although the initial character limit is 2 per person, if, later on down the road, anyone feels that they want to have another character they are free to submit a third as long as they can still keep up.
    • 9. Bear in mind while you are creating your character that since this RP is anime-based all FCs need be in anime style and of decent quality; whether they are official anime/manga art, anime-style game art, or fan art/commission. Sources won't need to be cited, however, so no need to stress there.
    • 10. Another point to note is that, similar to the original series, there will be a dedicated junior high school connected to the high school where most of the setting takes place, so the possibility for making a junior high character like Dekomori is open as long as they have relevance to the setting. Despite this, characters at the high school are not barred from having attended a different junior high school.
    • 11. Touching up from earlier on character limitations; family members and random NPCs can be used independent of your character limit, as long as they are not used as frequently as a PC would be; the occasional one liner from a random person or RPing as a character's family when around them at home or whatever is acceptable.
    • 12. Oh, romance? Sure, there can be an element of romance to this RP between characters; just remember that if one or both parties are patients of chuunibyou it will be a long and bumpy road before they can officially be called an item as those suffering from the affliction typically aren't well versed in such deep, complex relationships and will frequently cause problems or misunderstandings. Granted some characters can already be in a relationship upon RP launch, as long as it is specified by both parties in the CS and at least briefly explained in their bio. if players would like to discuss various inner plots such as this among each other they may do so in the OOC.
    • 13. Lastly, this RP will be taking place in modern Japan (specifically: the Minato ward in Tokyo, a.k.a. Minato City), and as such it will be following typical Japanese customs. High school and junior high school each have only 3 years, and classes will begin in April; typically when cherry blossoms begin or are close to blooming. Also, there are no dedicated school buses to pick up students; they will commute to school by either train, public bus, and/or foot depending on the distance between their home and the school. Classes will take place Monday-Saturday, with Saturday being a half day. Also don't forget that all students have foot lockers at the entrance of the school where they switch between their indoor and outdoor shoes which are provided by the student's family. Lastly on the subject is that while there is a cafeteria within the school where students can buy lunches via purchasing vouchers at a machine and then bringing them to the service area, a large percentage of students typically tend to have packed lunches (bentou! XD) brought from home often consisting of leftovers or a small, balanced lunch prepared by family alongside white rice, so make sure to keep these factors in mind.

That's it for rules and the like! More information on the current events and direction of the IC can be found on the Summary tab, but if you have any questions not answered feel free to ask away! Let's all have fun alright?!​
  • Currently Under Maintenance
    Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.
    [btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-ic.149827/]IC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/inside-identity-cs.149323/]CS[/btn]
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Characters of Note
    A quick look at the characters that are in the IC

Active Characters

• Bass Magus as:
      • Aria Sakai
    • chaosheart13 as:
      • Kazami Ueda
        Kazami_Nyx.png
      • Nariko Hideyoshi
    • Banana-senpai as:
      • Meiko Tanaka
      • Satoshi Saruyama
    • Amayan as:
      • Akemi Kurokawa
  • Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.

The Story Thus Far...

Week one of school has come and gone, and some of our rambunctious new students have begun meeting new faces. The energetic second year Kazami Ueda has tried and failed to find any new members for her rather unique club that got reduced to just her at the end of the previous year, but her drive to rebuild the club burns hotter than ever! Meanwhile a small group of third years are becoming aware of and interested by each other, but due to complications one Miyako Mitsuoka has given her cousin Satoshi Maruyama the task of investigating the happenings around the school, as well as the intentions behind their classmate, Meiko Tanaka.

We now enter the second week of school, and club recruitment has officially begun! The first years end their Monday with an assembly where a selection of clubs are showcasing to the students in an attempt to gain fresh new members, however everything gets thrown off balance when Kazami causes a scene at the gym where the assembly is being held. With teachers hot on her tail, Kazami flees the scene, dragging along with her a hapless, unsuspecting first year student named Akemi Kurokawa who happened to be in her path. Will Kazami manage to find enough members to revive her club? Only time (and your participation) will tell!
  • Currently Under Maintenance
    Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "Chuunibyou", or "Eighth Grader Syndrome"? For those not familiar with this Japanese term, you might understand better by hearing it's more common English synonym: "Delusions of Grandeur". This is a sad affliction that typically affects young adolescents, its most drastic form making those who contract it believe they have special powers or are somehow connected to and surrounded by the occult. For those such patients, the period in which they retain these delusions later develops into an embarrassing period of shame that forever haunts their memories, despite how much fun they seem to have at the time. In most cases this behavior subsides by the beginning of one's first year in high school, but there are some cases where patients retain their status as chuunibyou patient for the remainder of their school days and sometimes longer.

Past Characters of Note
    A quick look at the characters that were in the IC

Inactive Characters

• DANAsaur as:
      • Miyako Mitsuoka
    • Jesse Knight as:
      • Sagu Jackson

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted anything yet, but I was super busy with schoolwork. Over the next couple of days I'l also be attending an anime con that's in my area so I might not be very active, but I'll try and get that NPC post up tomorrow

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Shit guys, I am SO SORRY for that 2 week absence! DX Things irl got a little crazy; the con absorbed more time and energy per day than I had anticipated, I ended up getting a girlfriend (who is also an anime nerd that attends the same college as me and whom I am showing Chuunibyou since she has yet to see it and she seems to be really into it), and then there has also been an element of schoolwork and gaming/anime draining me a bit, but I'm glad to inform you all that I have officially put the post for the NPC/Teachers up and we can once again proceed on schedule! Take it away @chaosheart13! Also, after putting my post up I happened to notice that deleted post by some member that I guess got banned, Kai Hitachiin... did anyone happen to see what it was before it got deleted?
@DANAsaur, @Banana-senpai,

I guess I'll just hang around and wait for my char to pop in when he can x.x I may need to reread my own character sheet to make sure I'm not forgetting stuffs due to the wait.

I guess I'll just hang around and wait for my char to pop in when he can x.x I may need to reread my own character sheet to make sure I'm not forgetting stuffs due to the wait.
Oh york, thank you so much for your patience! Now that you mention it, I just want to confirm that Aito is meant to be a Junior High 1st year, the equivalent of a 7th grader right? You also mentioned him being a transfer student, which is why I felt the need to confirm again, since being a transfer would usually imply that either some time has passed since the start of the school year before he transferred or that he transferred from a different junior high at the beginning of either his 2nd or 3rd year (8th or 9th grade). Also, after a few more rounds of posts I think we'll be starting Episode 2, in which Aito should be able to join in as well, though I wonder how he'll end up mixing with our high schoolers. On that note, I actually had an idea for a minor detail to incorporate later on if you're interested ^-^

Oh york, thank you so much for your patience! Now that you mention it, I just want to confirm that Aito is meant to be a Junior High 1st year, the equivalent of a 7th grader right? You also mentioned him being a transfer student, which is why I felt the need to confirm again, since being a transfer would usually imply that either some time has passed since the start of the school year before he transferred or that he transferred from a different junior high at the beginning of either his 2nd or 3rd year (8th or 9th grade). Also, after a few more rounds of posts I think we'll be starting Episode 2, in which Aito should be able to join in as well, though I wonder how he'll end up mixing with our high schoolers. On that note, I actually had an idea for a minor detail to incorporate later on if you're interested ^-^
Oh! Alright >.< and yeah, I can confirm that, so I suppose by episode 2, he probably will be just about in 8th or 9th grade, likely the latter but who knows. I guess I made him kinda young on purpose, since he's still a bit of a newbie to the Chuunibyou business, but, well, I suppose I can give your idea a try, so... I guess I'm interested, granted I might sleep first before taking a proper look since I'm about to head off to bed after making one more post for something.

Oh! Alright >.< and yeah, I can confirm that, so I suppose by episode 2, he probably will be just about in 8th or 9th grade, likely the latter but who knows. I guess I made him kinda young on purpose, since he's still a bit of a newbie to the Chuunibyou business, but, well, I suppose I can give your idea a try, so... I guess I'm interested, granted I might sleep first before taking a proper look since I'm about to head off to bed after making one more post for something.
ah, so the class number and age on the profile should reflect what it will be upon the character's entry into the IC thread, so if you could update that before episode 2 rolls around that'd be really helpful. Also, my idea is more on the extremely minor, yet ironic field of details. If you've seen the profile for my initial main character Ryuu, then you'd know that he has a little sister that is in junior high. Essentially, the gist of my idea was that she'd kinda casually become friends with Aito (granted she'd still be counted as an NPC unless someone at some point decided they wanted to make a fully realized character out of her, though only as long as they were okay with some criteria I have for her personality and the fact that they would share a family name), and one day she'd tag along with him to meet some of his "high school friends" only to find that her own older brother is one of them (one of those "Eh, Onii-chan?!" moments XD) and that despite showing no signs of it at home that he had started doing chuunibyou-like things again. Was just an idea of course, not saying it has to be done if you already have a certain plan for your character ^-^

@Bass Magus

Yeah, I saw what happened with the banned member. He basically said he kidnapped a number of some sort. Nothing major really, just annoying.

Okay, post up! Passing the baton to @DANAsaur

ah, so the class number and age on the profile should reflect what it will be upon the character's entry into the IC thread, so if you could update that before episode 2 rolls around that'd be really helpful. Also, my idea is more on the extremely minor, yet ironic field of details. If you've seen the profile for my initial main character Ryuu, then you'd know that he has a little sister that is in junior high. Essentially, the gist of my idea was that she'd kinda casually become friends with Aito (granted she'd still be counted as an NPC unless someone at some point decided they wanted to make a fully realized character out of her, though only as long as they were okay with some criteria I have for her personality and the fact that they would share a family name), and one day she'd tag along with him to meet some of his "high school friends" only to find that her own older brother is one of them (one of those "Eh, Onii-chan?!" moments XD) and that despite showing no signs of it at home that he had started doing chuunibyou-like things again. Was just an idea of course, not saying it has to be done if you already have a certain plan for your character ^-^
Hmm, this works, but er... Who the heck got banned? >.< I don't think I was following the threads closely enough to figure it out.

Hmm, this works, but er... Who the heck got banned? >.< I don't think I was following the threads closely enough to figure it out.
Someone who wasn't a part of the rp to begin with.

Someone who wasn't a part of the rp to begin with.
Oh >.< did they just post in the wrong thread? Or were they the sort to just post some crazy stuff in random places.

Oh >.< did they just post in the wrong thread? Or were they the sort to just post some crazy stuff in random places.
It was the latter

@Bass Magus

Um, well, the person who popped into the IC posted something addressed to Mystic Messenger's 707 (my current profile picture). I dropped by their wall to ask them to remove it but I was surprised they got banned. :O

Also, Dana posted on her blog to inform that she can't be around for a while.What's the action plan?

@Bass Magus

Um, well, the person who popped into the IC posted something addressed to Mystic Messenger's 707 (my current profile picture). I dropped by their wall to ask them to remove it but I was surprised they got banned. :O

Also, Dana posted on her blog to inform that she can't be around for a while.What's the action plan?
ah, I see. Thank you for informing me about that. Really, the only acceptable course of action I can think of is to go ahead and wait for Dana, since all of you waited ever-so-patiently for me for the entirety of 2 weeks ^^' given that, I can't really blame nor try to rush Dana unless her leave of absence is something extreme. If it exceeds 2 weeks then I'll leave it to you to contact her to figure out how she wants Miyako to act and hence take over her post for this round, since you already seem to be in contact with her and since your characters are the ones most influenced by her at this current juncture

According to this, I doubt she'd be back soon. I don't have contact with her outside of Iwaku. :(

According to this, I doubt she'd be back soon. I don't have contact with her outside of Iwaku. :(
I see; I did not think it was that bad :( this being the case, I'll allow whoever is willing and believe they can portray the character well to temporarily take over until the end of episode 1, and in episode 2 we can say that her parents found her and forced her to go back home, and thus she transferred out. We can make it so that episode 2 also takes place a few days later, for flow purposes. Does this sound like a decent countermeasure to this unfortunate event?

• Thank You
I see; I did not think it was that bad :( this being the case, I'll allow whoever is willing and believe they can portray the character well to temporarily take over until the end of episode 1, and in episode 2 we can say that her parents found her and forced her to go back home, and thus she transferred out. We can make it so that episode 2 also takes place a few days later, for flow purposes. Does this sound like a decent countermeasure to this unfortunate event?
I could, but that's also quite a challenge for me, I'd have 3 characters to write until the first episode ends. I don't think I can handle that. I mean, I can sit out of the roleplay until episode 2 since nothing more should develop between the third years at this point. Just that they became sort-of friends.

Honestly, I want to see if Dana will come back before doing anything with Miyako. But if she doesn't after some time, I guess we can try to move on without her? Thing is, I don't know who's going to control Miyako and I certainly don't feel comfortable playing with her character.

That's why I'll sit out the rest of Ep1 since it's just our characters interacting at this point. Nothing happens to Miyako until Dana cones back and the two of us could collab to catch up to Ep2 if she comes back before then. How does that sound?

You've made very solid points. Given what you've mentioned, I must apologize for my rude suggestion; I've had experiences where ongoing threads had an important member suddenly disappear and I had to fabricate, or more accurately take over, the character of the missing person in order to move the story further to a point where a substitute could be implemented, but I'm glad you guys stopped me. With that in mind, chaos can go ahead and post for Nariko, and after I work on some stuff for another RP I'll get working on my own posts for here so we can head on for episode 2.

Speaking of, this now gives us a great need to discuss the path we'll be taking for the next episode. I believe, given our pacing, Dana likely won't be back in time for episode 2, and possibly not episode 3 either, assuming she does manage to return which is the hopeful result. Either way, I don't want to force Banana-senpai to have to completely withdraw from the RP due to the unfortunate and inevitable situations of another member, so I believe we'll need to work around it in some way for the time being. I have a few possibilities for the future with this goal in mind:

One option is to use the excuse I mentioned above to explain the absence of the character, that is, her parents locating her and forcing her to return home, and then continue around this hole. Should Dana return later, of course, then it would be patched over by saying she managed to get away again and is hiding out in a different location now.

Another option would be for Banana-senpai to add another character. I know you said you'd rather not take over Miyako because it'd mean you'd have 3 characters, among other reasons, but given the circumstances I believe it wouldn't be entirely impossible to make a completely new character to use in future episodes during Dana's absence, and Satoshi and Meiko's own roles can be applied either after Dana returns, or, in the event that she doesn't, we can reintegrate them into the RP with the above excuse.

In all honesty, I really like your characters and am interested to see where their stories lead, and I feel it'd be a waste if they were simply purged from the system. The major differences between the two above options would be that the latter opens the window for Dana's return somewhat, as well as allows the trio of characters to continue a bit longer with behind-the-scene development, however the former poses a lower risk of future character strain on Banana-senpai as well as holds a slightly more realistic sense of causality in relation to the time it would take for the family to discover that the daughter was attending a school in Minato, but would also apply a much fiercer strain on the relationship between the two remaining characters since the main cause of their meeting happens to be the very character that we are losing, and from what I can tell the two don't quite have a deep enough interest in each other to retain a friendship. That being said, there is a way around this which encompasses my 3rd possibility:

Branching from the first option, myself, one of our currently inactive members, or even a new member that we scout for, can create one or two new characters that individually approach Satoshi and Meiko, befriend or at least become involved with them, and eventually cause them to become more like friends of their own individual volitions. Naturally after the disappearance of Miyako I can see this becoming a challenge in Satoshi's case, but that's typically what's so great about stories like that. Stemming from this, it might even be possible for us to enact such a method without having to push for new members or 3rd characters, considering the fact that @Crow already has the student council president character claimed and it's very common for such a character to be 2nd or 3rd year, assuming that their still planning on participating in the RP that is since I noticed that their WIP for their chuuni character hasn't been developed much yet. With that being said, they should be able to get a seitokaichou out quicker considering they only need to fill out the Mortal Side for such a character. Plus, @Takumi and @york, despite already having some characters of their own, still have room for their 2nd ones.

Personally I like the 3rd option best, but if you guys (referring to everyone involved) don't like any of them or have other ideas in mind, please do make them known as I would like all good options to be on the table before a hasty decision is made.

Last edited:
  • Thank You