[Insert Band/Group Name Here] Hey, it’s in Progress! [Sign Up Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for late reply. I'm still interested but are there even any positions left? And if the whole band thing with rapper, step in pianist and dancer is getting a bi ridiculous, we could always make a rial band, like said above?

(P.S I'm FutureFish (admins told me I should make a new account, it was my sister's old one, I got it, then changed it, then realised I was adult when I'm only a teen, and needed admin to change it, but I had to make a new account all together.))

@ContagiousChemistry: What's a Rial Band? I've never heard that term. I considered splitting everyone into two groups. My original idea was to have a vocal group, so it made sense to have a larger number of members for harmonies and interchanging parts. Things became messy with the band setup. Hmm, I actually don't mind rapper positions (I enjoy rap tracks, so that may have to do with personal taste), but I'll admit dancer/vocalist was a bit much XD If we create two groups everyone can choose an instrument more freely.

@ElBell: I'll accept you and ContagiousChemistry. I'm going to close the RP sign up.

• Thank You
Reactions: ElBell
@ContagiousChemistry: What's a Rial Band? I've never heard that term. I considered splitting everyone into two groups. My original idea was to have a vocal group, so it made sense to have a larger number of members for harmonies and interchanging parts. Things became messy with the band setup. Hmm, I actually don't mind rapper positions (I enjoy rap tracks, so that may have to do with personal taste), but I'll admit dancer/vocalist was a bit much XD If we create two groups everyone can choose an instrument more freely.

@ElBell: I'll accept you and ContagiousChemistry. I'm going to close the RP sign up.
Is the sign up posted somewhere that I need to do my form? :)

@ElBell: Well, I haven't posted the list of RP members yet. Leave a comment on this thread detailing what sort of band position you would like, and I'll add it to my personal list.

Hmmm... Ack, sorry about so many questions, but are there specific positions you'd like to have filled?

@ElBell: Don't worry about it! I like sorting things out long before RPs start. For now, I'm going to place you on the "members" list. We're still working out what sort of band will be formed. I'm playing with the idea of two groups right now, so you can relax. Feel free to voice your opinion on anything being discussed in this thread.

@Everyone: Just as I told Bell, feel free to voice your opinion!

• Thank You
Reactions: ElBell
I have a quick question :) Where should we submit our character sheets?

If we can post a character then I'll go ahead and get started on mine

Reactions: Kimu11
Here's mine! :)

• Name:
    Reina Liloan

Physical Appearance:
    Sporting a slightly angled bob cut that is a bit longer on one side, her hair is naturally dark brown in color that she had streaked with auburn highlights. Having used to carrying her heavy bass guitar, this gave her somewhat masculine arms that if paired with her short hair, with her back facing a spectator, that person would most likely mistake her for a boy. This works well with her piercing eyes that when she decides to look up and away from the fretboard, gleams in a dark brown hue that is almost black, as if ready to devour a soul. Of course, fully aware that she tends to look like a snob while being neutral in terms of facial expression, she counters it with a smile in which she wears most if not all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Luminous Ink
Are we allowed anime images if they're fairly realistic?

Well got most of it done, just gotta imagine what his character would look like to put in the physical appearance and of course a last name. Maybe a small bit of extra info but we'll just wait and see.

• Picture if desired
    Name:
    Tristan
    Instruments/Position: Drummer (competent guitarist used during recording sessions when needed)
    Physical Appearance:

• Bio: Tristan grew up in a small home with just him and his parents. Since his father was in the military the family had to move a lot. Always changing to a new city, a new state and even some years moving outside of the country. It was hard on Tristan. Always having to start over, make new friends, in a new place. By time he was 8 he just stopped trying all together, killing much of his social skills. He became a quiet child known for playing on his own or being by himself. Tristan had to make up imaginary friends to keep him company when he felt too lonely. It worried his parents so they did their best to keep him company, but he was still a boy of few words.

By time he was 12 his uncle had to start living with them. Apparently he had a divorce and just needed to be around family. His father couldn't let him become too depressed and took him in. What Tristan was never told was the fact his uncle was musically talented. He'd sit and watch his uncle play the guitar and soon he was learning how to play it. His uncle said he was pretty good at it and started to mentor him. Soon his parents thought it would be great to get a new guitar instead of sharing. What they didn't expect was to walk out of there with a drum set. His uncle was ok but Tristan seemed to have a natural talent for the instrument. It wasn't long until he would start talking about how much he'd want to go into music than other fields out there. It worried his mother since she believed becoming a musician was never going to take him anywhere. She ordered her brother in law to leave and to stay away from Tristan. To him he thought it was unnecessary, but it was his mother's wish.

By time he was 15 his father had announced they were staying in one place for a long time. For the first time in years he had a chance to make some friends, but how? He didn't have a need to talk to people anymore and moved away from the social scene. In his own quiet and socially awkward way he found a group of friends he could enjoy being around. They all had a love for music and thought about a band for awhile but just simply couldn't make one. It was all because they couldn't find a permanent drummer. They were in luck meeting him and soon they were forming a band. Tristan couldn't tell his mother about it or else she would flip out. So he kept it a secret until he was doing gigs in bars. That was something he couldn't keep a secret because he was caught red handed. n order for him to keep playing he made an agreement to go to college at least. Just to have some kind of skill so he ca fall back on something in case the music idea didn't work out.

Extra Information:

• Education Level: In his third year of college
    Musical Education: His uncle taught him how to play guitar at first but loved the drums more.
    Performance Experience: It wasn't until he started his junior year did him and a few friends started a band. They played at a few underground deals before they were able to play in bars. All together 3 good years of playing in front of others and being in a band of some kind.

Reactions: Luminous Ink
Hey guys, I was busy last week. I had several interviews and was hired a few days ago. Don't worry, I'll still have time to keep up with this RP. I don't mind people using anime or other cartoon images for characters. Most of the time, images I use for characters aren't a 100% accurate representation of their looks, but a flimsy visual guide/reference.

-By the way, what's everyone's stance on creating two bands that are set to debut around the same time? That would cause them to interact a lot. Plus, more band positions will be available.

I'm certainly game on the idea of having two bands. It's a fun thing to do :) the downside of it though is that it tends to die faster. That was based from my experience anyway.. How about the rest?

Two bands sounds wonderful to me! I'm all for it :)

@ElBell & Kimu11 & Everyone: Great! Anyway, if people start dying on us, I'll just consider them members that were dropped by the company before debut. Everything should work out. I'm going to work on compiling a list of positions. Remember, since there are two groups you can ask for a position that may not have been previously available.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
@Wicked Witch: Since you're a singer and guitar player, do you want to be lead vocal, rhythmic guitar, or lead guitar?
@morguethemetalpanda: Would You like to be a lead rapper or drummer?
@Everyone else: Feel free to pick any position that hasn't been snatched up!

Band Positions (x2 for both groups)

Lead Vocalist:
Lead Rapper:
Lead Guitar:
Rhythmic Guitar:
Bass:
Piano/Keyboard:
Drummer:
Backup Vocals (no limit):

Backup Rappers (no limit):

Edit/Update: I'm back

-No, I just realized I've gone the entirety of the day without pranking anyone!

Hey guys, sorry about dying on you. I felt unwell the past few days. On Tuesday, I woke up with a high fever and sore throat. It turns out I have bronchitis. My fever has gone down, so I don't mind participating in the RP. Seeing as I can't get out much at the moment, I'd love to start filling in all the empty band positions.

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Status
Not open for further replies.