Insanity's Embrace IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lara slept for a little while and woke with a start and looked around.
"Ducky.. I... I.. but.." her words trailed off as her eyes tried to say open. She smiled and tried to stay sitting up but she swayed a little bit and then nudged her way into his arms. Slowly she moved into hug. Her thin arms tried to wrap around him a sweet nearly drunk manor.

She had felt so lost for so long and now in this tiny apartment in a horrible part of town she felt safe. She stayed that way for a little bit and then slowly fell asleep again. Her head grew heavy as she rested in his arm. Her hands fell away and down as she grew very limp. A tender smile slipped across her face as she was able to get some real sleep for the first time in a very long time.

Alex held her supporting her limp form for a short while before lying her bacj and covering her in his thin blanket.. She seemed so peaceful, and when her face relaxed it only made her more attractive. Deep inside himself he found a new determination, he was no longer an island, he no longer searched for himself. He would find them for her. And when he did he would make things right.

He stroked her cheek, slowly, careful not to wake her. "I'll take care of you, you don't have to worry anymore." he moved into the kitchen area, the only distinction from the rest of the room was a change in flooring, from wall to wall carpeting to plastic tiles. Then moved to where his laptop lay, coffee in hand. He inserted the memory card from his camera into the slot and began searching for patterns in the strange symbols, calculating geometric patterns. And solving the mathmatical doublespeak.

As Lara slept her dreams were like endless riddles. Each one tugged at her emotions and reason like sabbing little monsters. She felt her feet being bitten and her face being scratched. Something was trying to get to her. Little fingers and tiny mouths that held sharp fangs laughed at her pain. They were like angry incests. Each one on its own mission to hurt her. Each one had its own laugh. A sick little gurling hack that seemed to fuel their anger.

Lara kicked and wriggled on the bed. Panting and shaking as their little laughs echoed in her head. Over and over her hands tried to grab them and pull them off her but as soon as she had one, three more would show up. All of them creeping around her body. Cutting and bitting into her flesh. She would scream over and over for them to stop as a small group of them moved lower and lower on the chest. Soon they were at her stomach. There they stopped and started to cut and laugh. Out of nowhere a massive claw like machine lowered toward her. It clicked and rattled into place.

It was placed over her stomach as she screamed, but the incest like things didnt hear her or seem to care. The silver claw started to make a horrible noise and as it did it lowered until it was wrapped around her body. Holding her only by her lower half. Her head fell back as an unbelievable pain gripped her. She screamed as the blood started to drip down her spine. The machine sliced her open and plunged into her abdomen. It lurched and hummed as something was embeded into her. Just as it finished its job the claws relased and her body dropped to the cold wet floor. It was all of her blood. Her hands touched it as the naked body wriggled back and forth. Something gray and thin moved inside her abdomen. It stabbed at her from within she tried to take it out but was to late her skin started to seal back up. She screamed over and and over.. her screams carried over into her reality and she sat up screaming at the top of her lungs. Covered in sweat she sat up touching her abdomen and stomach.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no no.. no... please no.. no. no no no no no no..." she cried and touched her body shaking and panting.. Had it been real, or did it all mean something else.. As her eyes tried to focus all she could see where numbers and letter again mixed in with images of Alex. The numbers and symblos covered his face. Blinking and crying she clawed at her eyes to make it stop.

"stop stop stop make it stop... "

Alex looked back at Lara, his concentration severed. In three steps he was at her side looking down into her turbulent features. He took her hand in his and held it close to his lips. "Lara." he said quietly placing his other hand on her shoulder. "I'm here Lara, you're safe." he tried to keep his voice as calm and level as he could, but empathy for her and something else.... He didn't want to think about it now, what is important is taking care of her.

"Lara." he said again, his voice was calmer but his face showed a conflict of feelings, slowly his features relaxed, then he lightly kissed her hand. "I'm here for you."

Lara blinked and then pulled his hand and the rest of him into a hug. She nuzzled into him clinging to him as her chest heaved. She had stopped crying and room was looking more normal now as was Alex. Soflty she pulled back and blushed. She hadnt been like this with a guy in a very long time. It was so nice but it also scared her to death.

"Im sorry.. I know your working" Lara tried to take the attention off her since she felt that she was becoming more than he could handle. Maybe the doc was right and she should return to the padded cell that she had called home for so long. She nodded to her own thoughts and for some strange reason felt like she was back at the hospital. They were asking her to take off her clothes and get into the gown. Alexs comforting voice blended with her memories and slowly she started to unbotton her shirt. Her fingers and hands shaking. "okay.. Ill get undressed now.." she said softly.

Alex was completely taken aback, "Thats not what I want." he said quickly taking her hands in his. He blushed a deep red before pulling the banket over her again. A small part of him was happy hat she though of him in THAT way, but he didn't want to take advantage of her. When she was whole again, then she could decide. "just not yet, ok?" he said trying to reassure her, and he gave one of her hands a squeeze.

Lara blinked and the blushed.. "Oh but they said I had to change.." Lara pointed at the corner of the room but it was only filled with more of his stuff and no one was standing there. "Oh..." rubbing her eyes she looked down and felt confused.

"Alex, they wont come back will they, they cant find me right.. I dont want to go back." she begged him as she pulled the blankets over her head and spoke to him from her hidding place.

"I see them you know, they come in and out all the time, they tell me to draw things and thats why.. I .." she stopped talking remembering the bathroom. "I'll clean it up its only stupid things. Things that they dont want me to know, but I do. "

Status
Not open for further replies.