Insanity's a way of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Finnika

Original poster
'Calm down,' she thought to herself as she stared at the doors of the asylum. 'It'll be fine, you know all of this stuff. Come on, pull yourself together!' She narrowed her blue eyes and stood straighter, her red hair rustling slightly from the movement. "Let's do this!" A smile formed on her face as she took a step into her new work place.

The tour was quick, seeing as there wasn't too many wards, and soon she was sitting at a desk with her supervisor. They went over some of the basics once more, and then he gave her the case file for her first patient. Jason Marcovich, 30, male. She read through the file quickly, before looking at her boss. "When do I meet him?" "Right now."

She had to admit to herself, she was slightly nervous. The file said he had a short temper, so she didn't want to say the wrong thing. She was led to the group room, where many of the patients were just hanging out. She took a moment to look around before spotting the white-haired male. She took a breath and looked at herself, for some reason worried about her outfit. She wore a simple outfit, a green top and jeans with shoes. She laughed at herself mentally, she was acting as though she was on a blind date. She walked over to where her first patient was and took a seat across from him. "Hi, my name's Dr Gale, I'll be working with you for now on." She gave him a polite smile, as if encouraging him to respond.

Jason was staring down at his hands, studying them for anything, when Dr. Gale arrived and introduced herself. He quirked an eyebrow as she said that she would be working with him, and scanned his hand one more time before speaking softly. "I'm not crazy you know... There was a mistake somewhere in my life, and I was taken here without reason." He scoffed and stood, walking to another part f the building, where he obtained some food. He moves to a table and watches TV while eating, while also listening to everything happening inside the building.

She hesitated as he stood and walked off. Then she sighed, writing a note down in her papers. Denial, it was rather common in places like these. She let him have his space for a little bit, wwtching him from behind the nurses desk. He didn't seem too unstable, but you could never be sure. After a little bit she came back over, but this time she didn't say anything at first. She sat in a chair and watched the showed before saying, "I like this show. I watch the new ones the day they come out, always. What's your favorite show?" She glanced at him casually, trying to find some way to connect with him. Maybe if she treated him like she would a regular person, he would respond better. It was worth a shot, right?

James went into thought as Dr, Gale asked that before turning to her and replying "I don't really have a favorite show, I just watch whatever comes on." James was silent again for a few moments before turning to her and asking her a question of his own. "You are new here right? What do you think it was that made you want to work on this job?"

Status
Not open for further replies.