Insanity is a Lifestyle, and I'm Living it {Open for Applicants! Asylum Roleplay}

Exactly~ Hence the wheelchair situation~ His legs don't work anymore because of me and that's why he hates my so much!~ :D

I was fighting the Spider Queen on Okami when I was reading what you guys wrote....And I won o.O
I wasn't paying attention to the game at all xD

Hm! That's an idea. XD I'll think about it, but it seems interesting enough to me. I'll start thinking about my evil disgruntled doctor if we still need some.

xDD That's freakin' awesome!! *loves Okami*

529941-bigthumbnail.jpg 450×288 pixels.jpgName: (nickname/s) Anika Scotts
Alias: Annie, Nika, or sometimes just by her last name Scotts
Position: (low risk, high risk, high risk, nurse, etc.) medium risk
Time at Pine Rest: five weeks (fairly new arrival)
Disorders:
-Schizophrenia
-Insomnia
-Paranoia
-Hyperthymesia
Appearance: Anika has shoulder length, wavy brown hair that she likes to keep down and wide, amber eyes. She’s short for her age at 5’ 0” and has pale skin that is completely unblemished. Her style is odd at best. She likes patterned leggings, cardigans, tank tops, converse, and scarves. She packed most of her wardrobe into her trunk when she moved to Pine Rest and her clothing occupies much of the space provided for possessions.
Personality: Anika is harsh and sarcastic, often driving off potential friends because of her rough exterior. She scowls constantly and has perfected the art of sarcastically raising a single eyebrow. In her mind she isn’t so mean and desperately wishes that she didn’t come off so nasty, but when she talks to people her responses just come out mean. She has a habit of asking for do-over’s, but this is practically the only visible effort she makes to make actual friends. Despite her pessimistic outlook on life that she broadcasts to the world, Anika is always hopeful that her life will change for the better.
History: Her insomnia started at the same time as her Schizophrenia did; perhaps it was because of her Schizophrenia. The people in her head would talk all through the night and keep her up but eventually she decided to become friends with them since she lacked the social skills to make real friends. Her parents didn’t notice her illness until her Hyperthymesia and paranoia also became known. Psychiatrists tried to find the root of her problems but found none, finally Anika’s parents sent her to Pine Rest in hopes of curing her finally.
-clothing
-thinking
-the people in her head
-mind games
Dislikes:
-boredom
-snow
-silence
-violence

(completely random, off-the-top-of-my-head character. I like her XD)

Sorry for being really late on saying this but I sadly cannot at the moment. I hope others will join though. Peace :)

Oooooh, new people :D
This shall be fun indeed...

Thanks for letting Carl be Joe's guard from time to time. If anyone wants he can be other patients' caretaker too at scheduled times.

I was thinking about having a guy doctor/nurse be assigned to Sam. He would to try and help her get over her fear of men. I'm having trouble thinking up a suitable character though...

Name: Kevin strandford
Alias: Cole, Kevin, Jazz, Alec (depending on which identity he have at the moment)
Position: medium risk
Time at Pine Rest: two month
Disorders:
Dissociative identity disorder
Nightmare dissorder
Pyromania

Appearance: 1,70 m, white hair, green eyes. Often wears black clothes
View attachment 6414
Personality: His first personality is Kevin (the original before the others came) Kevin is a nice guy that have been tortured by insomnia and nightmare dissorder since young age. He trust people very easily because he don't want to believe that a person is bad and he loves to make new friends. He likes astronomy and can look up at the night sky for hours.

Cole is his second personality, he is frightened of everyone and stays away from people. He easily cries and hates when people are fighting. When people approaches him he often runs away because they scare him. He often lock himself up in a closet or some other place so no one will find him.

Jazz is his third personality, he is flirty and tries to do anything to impress girls, even if it would hurt himself. He often wants to see how many he can date on the same time before anyone of them figure out that he is cheating on them. He is really social and likes to party a lot. He doesn't like to be alone and gets panic attacks if he is alone for to long.

Alec is his fourth and last personality, he's cold and dangerous, though he don't come out often when he does he can try to hurt people that are around. He loves to hurt people and always search for victims. He loves to play with fire and gets angry really easily if someone doesn't agree with him.

History: When he was a child his parents fought a lot which went out over him sometimes, his father started to hit his mother whom started to drink a lot and when she did she often god mad at Kevin for no specific reason and hit him. At that point he got nightmare dissorder and were often afraid of falling asleep, he started to lock himself up in his closet when his mother was drunk or when his parents fought. At that time Cole was made and took all those hard time for Kevin, ofcourse Kevin didn't know he had another eight year old boy in him and Kevin started to feel much safer because he didn't remember when his mother hit him or the times his parents fought.

When he came up to his early teens people started to think he was over sensitive when he started to cry everytime he got in to a fight even if the other person just had raised his voice.

Because of his looks girls started to flirt with him but Kevin couldn't talk with girls, he didn't know what to say. Thats when Jazz were created. When a girl started to talk with him she suddenly could say "bye bye see you tomorrow" or something like that, without him knowing it Jazz had taken over and made the girl promise to go out with him. But because Kevin didn't know about the date and Jazz couldn't come out as he wished the girls often thought they had gotten dumped.

Kevin thought his memory gap was due to his lack of sleep, he had tried not to sleep because of his nightmares. So he started to search help for sleep dissorder. But when he had gotten help for two years and the nightmares still weren't gone he gave up the hope and pretended like the nightmares where gone so he wouldn't need to go to the doctor.

When he was 17 his mother and father divorced and Kevin lived with his father. When his mother wasn't there his father started to be violent towards Kevin and laid all guilt on him. This was the time when Alec started to appear. Kevin got more and more violent because of his father. Sometimes when his father had screamed and hit Kevin who often was Cole in those moments he got angry afterwards and went out and got in to fights with random people or tortured and killed animals.

First when he was 18 (about to turn 19) Alec had become "completed." Alec desided to lock his father up in the house and burned down the house to the ground, his father was lucky and were able to get out because the fire patrol had been there just in time.
His father got in to prison because they found out that he had been violent towards both Kevin and Kevins mother. At the same time Kevin got in to Pine Rest asylum because under the interrogation he changed personality between Cole, Kevin and Jazz many times.
First he was in the safe area because no one of his personalities seemed to be dangerous but after a month Alec came out and hurted one of the nurses. He then got sent to the medium risk area where he have been ever since.

Alec has appeard one time since Kevin came to the asylum, before he came to the asylum he appeard around three to six time a month because of his father.
Cole and Jazz have come out more frequently since he came to the asylum, a theory they have is that they come out more because Alec didn't take as much place anymore when his dad isn't there, another theory is that they comes out more because of the new environment.

movies (Jazz, Cole and Kevin)
animals (Cole, Kevin)
torture/hurting people (Alec)
drawing/writing (Kevin, Cole)
Fire (Alec)
Music (Jazz, Kevin, Alec)

Dislikes:

sports (all of them)
being alone (Jazz, Kevin)
the dark (Jazz, Kevin, Cole)
to sleep/dream (Kevin)
People (Alec, Cole)
fighting (Cole, Kevin)

Gah! Can't I even get some sleep without having you guys totally flood me D:
Haha, totally kidding...I'm getting excited with all these people joining! Yay!!!!

ShatteredSound - he's accepted!
Silas - another doctor would be great! A twisted doctor...oooooh, fun xD There's actually a possible plot, thought up by Gekko, that he could be used for...once I get done replying to everyone, it will be mentioned xD
SeMi - She's accepted, although with schitzophrenia she'd probably be a medium risk for about a month or so, just because she has the potential to be "dangerous". If she hasn't shown any hostile personalities or anything during that month, she can be brought down to low risk. Is that okay with you?
Redblood - Let me know when his bio is finished :)

Announcement
Alright, so FlyingGekko has come up with the idea of one or two of the doctors experimenting on the patients. It could be something as little as testing new drugs on them, or as big as using them as guinea pigs for their own twisted means. (she has another plot idea too, but I'm afraid of getting it wrong, so I'll let her explain it). What do you guys think? Are you open to this sort of thing, or were you looking for the average "crazy people in an asylum" thing?

Also, romance between patients and all that is technically "not allowed" by the staff, but is definitely encouraged by me! It'll make for more drama within the roleplay and such, plus, I'm just a fan of romance xD So if you have a character that you would like a "love interest" for, that's totally understandable! If there's not a suitable patient found, I can create another character.

I don't mind, it'd actually probably be more fun that way XD I'll go fix that ^.^

The doctor thing seems cool, but I personally don't mind either way. Both ideas sound fun

The bio is finnished :) sorry if the history became a bit long xD hahah

They can experiment on my character ;) Then I can have a reason to get Alec out more and more after some time xD

Sam is supposed to be getting better. Being experimented on would defiantly change that.

Her fear of men is extreme...trust me. So unless another girl is a lesbian, Sam won't have any romantic relationships. Doubt she'd want one anyway.

Bwahahaha, well people do have what's called Human Nature and it is evil. Specially when one is in a position of power (like a doctor over patients).
The other idea I had (but Kitsumi has raised a valid point about it so really this is just a pebble in the water) is that it's also experimentation, to find out what makes the patients tick and crack up... so they would push them to their limits at times and also use special drugs to escalate their disorders

- for a certain reason... (dun dun duuun).

Freaky. *shudders* I think Anika's friends would get angry at you ;)

I think I love FlyingGekko's idea. O.o It sounds creepy, fun, evil, and epic at the same time. xD

I can't have surprise sex with you but you like it when others experiment on you o.O
*Alec is hurtened T-T*

Btw great idea xD

*Cough cough* Go look at the Unnatural War OOC thread...

Well, looks like the idea's a go! I just wanted to make sure that nobody thought it was too much of a plot, or deviating too far from the original "plot" of being in an asylum or whatever. If everyone's good with it, then it's a go!

If you'd like your character to be open for experimentation, please post something saying so. I don't want anyone's character being experimented on if they don't want that...we'll just say that they're "ineligible" for it for some reason or other :P

Redlbood - he's accepted :) In fact, Katrina just might like him...or at least the "Kevin" part of him :P his picture is adorable =3