Insane World

• Thread starter Lady of the Dragons
  • Start date
"Okay, that's good." Jaylee said. She began to follow the brothers to the lake again.

Jaylee once again walked by Mira to talk to her again. "Mira, what will happen to me in the first world when I live here? Will I disappear? Or will there be two of me?" the idea seemed very bizarre, but then again so was this world.

Mira looked up at the sky thoughtfully. "Hmm..." she murmured. She turned back to Jaylee. "I don't know... But there can't be two of you, right? Maybe you'll disappear," she said.

"Me, disappear?" Jaylee thought about it for a moment. It was a very strange concept to think about. What would happen in the other world if she suddenly disappeared? There would be much confusion but Jaylee honestly found she didn't care. She resented the other world.

Jaylee approached the water's edge and quickly stepped back when the hands reached up and tried to grab. Their slim grey fingers gasped, trying in vain to get her. Then, Jaylee wondered to herself...what were the hands? Why did they always try to grab and rip apart anything they could hold?

It actually reminds me of the way the therapists tried to try and rip me from my second world... Jaylee thought quietly to herself.

Then she wondered, with a kind of small horror, what would have happened if they did succeed in destroying her belief in her second world.

"So, um, can we sail?" Jaylee asked, her speech faltering at her thoughts.

Mira tilted her head to the side as Jaylee spoke. "It'll all be fine, the hands won't take you," she assured.

Her brothers stepped forward, setting their make-shift raft on the water while trying to avoid the hands themselves. Mira smiled gently at Jaylee. "We'll be at the castle in no time! You'll see."

(State testing is crazy x_x)

Jaylee nodded at Mira and her brothers, huddling away from the hands. The other side of the river was visible at the edge of the rough water. The boat rocked as the hands tried to grab them. Jaylee stood in the middle, hoping the hands wouldn't get a chance to grab them.

"Mira, what do you think would happen if the therapists convinced me that this world was fake?"

"We'd all fade away and disappear," Mira said, gesturing to everything with her arms. From her and her village to the hands and the great qinged creatures, everything would be gone. "At least, we'd fade from your memory."

Jaylee's hatred at the therapists burned even brighter. But also, she felt the horror at what would happen to the people if they faded.

"Is it the same as dying for you?" Jaylee asked.