{Innocent Devil} Ahhh! Demons Stole the Sun! {Chaotic Cello}

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Kaige saw her blush, he halted his inspection of the room and smiled with pride. "Cold?" He asked innocently and then shook his head. "Nope. Not at all!"

He then purposefully stared at Nami's blush. "In fact, I think it is hit in here! Look how flush you are." In mock concern, he reached forward as if to check her temperature, but his attention was broken when the TV declared an emergency alert and he heard his name. Turning towards it, his picture flashed on the screen along with the words, wanted, demon and dangerous.

Knowing it was too late, but still having to try---Kaige attempted to place his body so Nami's view of the television was blocked.

Nami blushed more seeing him notice she was blushing. Her bright red face was a lot more obvious than she originally thought. She suddenly heard his name on the television and wanted to see what it said.

"Hey I can't see the tv! And I'm not flushed or whatever!" Her face turned a brighter shade of red upon saying that as she tried to look past Kaige to watch the news. He was directly in front of her almost as if he was trying to prevent her from seeing what was on the news.

"Let me see too! I heard your name on the news. I wonder what it was about." She blurted out before trying to crawl over his body to get closer to the television. Nami was very intrigued with whatever the news had to say about her new house guest.

Kaige continued to move in her view as she tried to lean around him, but he froze froze as she tried to crawl over him. Instinctually, he should be attempting to throw her off of him or attacking her...but she she really hadn't done anything to deserve it...and she had helped him. Instead he just started waving a hand in her face in attempt to obscure her vision.

"I'm not on tv. That is not me! Don't listen to it! And I not
Not in your way! You are just having a heat stroke. That is why your face is so flushed.it is hooooot in here!" He was talking loudly in attempt to make noise and block out the damning words of the report: "Wanted: Kaige Onathe. Demon. We have reason to believed he is hiding in this area. Possibly armed and very dangerous. Do not approach! If seen him or if you have any information about his whereabouts please call 1800-123-1234."

Nami froze when she heard the words 'demon'. She stopped moving completely and fell backwards onto the couch. "There's just no way..." She thought to herself over and over before screaming.

"Get away from me! You're some crazy demon! To think I was going to let you stay here... I'm so stupid." She tried to inch away from him in fear of what he might do to her. She was absolutely terrified of demons and wanted nothing to do with them. With terror filled eyes she became to tear up and reached for the phone to call the number she had heard on the television. All the signs that he was a demon suddenly became so obvious to her. It made her feel more stupid for not noticing it when she should've. A deep red shade came over her whole face as she felt faint from the sheer terror of being in the presence of a highly dangerous demon.

Kaige covered her ears as she started screaming. Loud noises bothered his sensitive ears more than physical pain bothered him. Her kicking him in the face would be preferable to shrieking.

The falling back to the couch did not alarm him. He was fine with that and planned on making work of beginning to calm Nami down. But no, she started running for the phone.

He chased after her. "Please don't call that number! I'm a friendly demon! Well mostly friendly. I mean I haven't done anything to hurt you, yet!" Well maybe the yet wasn't the best thing to add.

He was frantic and still reaching for the phine. "Look you can tie me up or do anything. I'll listen. Just don't kick me out or call that number!"

"Yet?? Why shouldn't I kick you out? You're probably going to kill me or something." Nami continued to reach for the phone scared for her life. She didn't understand why he was acting more afraid than she was. A demon afraid of a human was highly unlikely. She stopped reaching for the phone and turned to him cautiously.

"What do you want from me.. Why did you show up at my door..." Nami questioned him with the thought of calling that number still in her mind. He didn't seem very dangerous but he is still a demon and therefore he could be very unpredictable.

Kaige relaxed when she calmed down and stopped reaching for the phone. He quickly snatched it up a and put it in his pocket before holding his hands out in front of him as if to show that he doesn't have a weapon.

"Well, I don't want anything from you in particular.Unfortunately, though, I got myself into a little trouble. Now, I have a bunch of other demons...and some demon hunters...that want me dead or worse. I was running from them earlier tonight, they almost caught me. They put out out the ad."

He then smiled charmingly. "And I picked your door because the light was on...and you should let me stay because ummm" he glanced around, looking for some reason he could stay. That is when he spotted the fridge. "Because I'm an excellent cook! I will make all your food and you can hide me for a while!" So what if he really had no idea how to cook. It couldn't be that hard and he just needed to be safe for a while.

"And if they figure out you're here and I get in trouble for hiding you?" Nami sighed and gave in. She couldn't exactly defy the pleas of a demon.

"You have to do all the cooking from now on. As well as the laundry and the cleaning. Got it? Otherwise I am calling that number and handing you in to the authorities." She stated simply. She figured that if she was going to allow some demon to live with her, she was going to get the full extent of his usefulness. She would not accept anything other than her terms of agreement. It was her house and therefore her rules.

"They won't figure it out. They will probably think I fled the city." He said it like he was sure, but honestly he really wasn't. With unsure Nami was, he wasn't even going to hint that was not the case.

At the terms she listed he raised a brow. Cooking was his idea, but all of the housework. Did he look like a maid? He smiled and nodded though--the epitome of agreeableness. "Of course, though I must add on that you can find me some clothes at some point....unless watching me do housework shirtless is part of the agreement?" His smile turned slightly saucy and he winked.

Nami's face once again turned bright red at the mention of him shirtless. It's not like she wanted to leave him shirtless but she wouldn't be totally against it either.

"No no.. I'll go clothes shopping for some new clothes for you to wear.. Just do the housework okay.." She mumbled her words and bit her lip gently. This wasn't something she was used to. Interaction with boys let alone a male demon, it was overwhelming but pleasant. She wasn't exactly sure if this was something she could adjust to or if it was even safe. It was too late now that Nami already accepted his staying with her.

Kaige nodded and this time chose to be oblivious to Nami's embarassment. He figured it would be cruel to push her more than he already has... And if she was going to buy his clothes, well it would best not have her overally annoyed with him.

"Perfect." He clapped his hands together. "So how about a tour? I need to get to know the drapes and stuff."

Nami shook her head and walked down the hallway pointing to the room all the way in the back.

"That's my room. Stay out." She made a cross with her arms meaning for him to never enter her room. She pointed to the other two rooms to the left and right of her.

"These are guest rooms and empty space. You can have one of them if you want. The bathroom is right over there and everything else is self explanatory." She pointed to where the bathroom was and went back to sit on the couch. There has been a lot of excitement this evening and Nami was exhausted. "This demon is a lot my compromising than other ones.. He must want something for sure." She thought to herself as she plopped onto the couch to continue watching the television.

He just nodded when she said not to enter her room. He considered dumbly asking about how was he suppose to clean it, but quickly opted not to. He could use cleaning it ask an excuse when he snooped later.

After the very quick tour, he made his way into the guest room. He didn't find anything special about it, but it was better than having to sleep in the couch. Under the guise of settling in--even though he had no objects to actual settle--he closed and locked the door behind him. He pulled the phone he had grabbed earlier out if his pocket and made quick work of inspecting it. He couldn't do any obvious damage to it, so smashing the device was out of the question. He, instead pulled out the battery and very discreetly broke off a tiny part with his nails, rendering it useless, but normal looking.

When he left the room, he slyly put it back in place as he was walking by, hoping it wouldn't be noticed.

Nami glanced behind her to watch him put the phone back and gave him a suspecting look. She payed no mind to him replacing the phone and went back to the television. She was too tired to process what he was doing with the phone nor did she wish to find out and get killed over it. It was very clear in her mind that she could be killed at any moment yet he chose to keep her alive for some strange reason.

"I'm hungry." Nami said with a smile as she looked back at Kaige expecting him to cook her a meal. He did, after all, agree to be doing all of the cooking for her.

"What am I---" Kaige quickly cut off the automatic retort. He had just agreed to cook a little bit ago. He was hoping to avoid it a bit longer, but now there was no avoiding it. "Right. Ot a probkem. I will go make you something."

Slowly he made he way to the kitchen, purposefully walking infront of Nami to interupt her viewing of tv and to make her look at him. Once in the kitchen he began opening cupboards and staring blankly.

Surprisingly, there was a lot of stuff....well more than what he was expecting. With the sun being gone, he would have thought there would be less food, but he supposed the city had some artifical sun lamps to help grow it.

That didn't help any though because he didn't know how to make anything. Demons did no eat normal food! He never had to learn to cook. Finally, he spotted a loaf of bread and what looked like a jar of peanut butter. He was at least vaugely aware of the concept of a peanut butter sandwich and could at least manage that.

It took him ten minutes total---the peanut butter kept sticking to the knife instead of the bread----and the sandwich was a little lopsided and slightly squished. But Kaige was oddly proud of it.

He returned with the sandwich in a bowl (mostly because he couldn't be bithered to search for a proper plate) and a presented it to Nami with triumphant smile on his face.

Nami looked down at her sandwich in a bowl. She was a bit disappointed in seeing a mushy peanut butter sandwich rather than something amazing but she couldn't stay mad at him. It appeared that he did try his best so that was good enough for her. She flashed a sincere smile and happily took the sandwich.

"Good job." She said before beginning to eat the sandwich. To her surprise, the sandwich was rather tasty.

Kaige sensed her initial disappoint right away, but then quickly became confused when she smiled and then complimented the food. It did not make sense to him. Slowly his eyes narrowed and stared at Nami accusingly. "Are you mocking me?"

He wasn't sure if he was really offended by the prospect, but his low tone and almost growl-like quality of voice seemed to convey that he was.

"No of course not." Nami smiled after finishing the sandwich. She didn't enjoy making others sad even if it was a demon so she wasn't going to tell him how disappointed she was a first.

"I liked the sandwich so I think you did a good job. I'm proud of you." She handed him back the bowl with a big grin on her face. She was a bit intimidated by his frightening tone and tall stature but that wasn't anything she hasn't seen before. It could be overcome by her nonchalant kindness and her distinct ability to dodge the questions.

Kaige diffused slightly as he observed her behavior, but became confused as she spoke again. Slightly frustrated as he took the bowel from her hand his tone took in one of exasperation. "Your proud of me?" He shook his head. "Surely this is mocking me....I agreed to be your maid--not your...." the demon struggled with words, not being able to find the correct one,"your pet!" he finally declared, eyes flashing red briefly.

"A pet? If I were to make you my pet I'd make you crawl around and live in a cage like a dog. Has no one ever told you they were proud of you?" Nami was very afraid of his eyes. They changed colors and that could never be good. In return to his terrifying demeanor she pouted and looked at the floor to avoid making eye contact.

"You don't have to be so mad... " She said in a very meek tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.