5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
Hey guys!

So I was curious about mapbuilding because I'm planning on coming up with a map for an upcoming RP I have cooking in my head. I ended up looking online for an easy to use map builder, and after a little bit of time I came upon one called Inkarnate. It's in beta, but it's already got some pretty nifty tools. Here's the link: Inkarnate

It also saves maps and allows you to upload your own textures (for example, if you wanted to upload color swatches to make political mappings).

I created this in a few hours or so:

Iskiela%20Map_zpscvvuxvcm.png

The time I took to make it is deceiving. A lot of the time spent was tinkering with the editor, and scrapping an older map I was trying to begin with.

A simple tip to make your maps look more authentic is to remember that most naturally-created landmasses don't have nice, round, smooth sides. So once you get about the shape, zoom in and take some time carving out the little details. It goes a long way.

Do you need to sign up in order to access the map?

Oh hey I made one there too :D

Dates from late November, early December 2016. They're removed some things since then ;__;

003a61facc.jpg

Do you need to sign up in order to access the map?
I believe you do have to create an account yes! Otherwise you would not be able to save/download your created map.

I believe you do have to create an account yes! Otherwise you would not be able to save/download your created map.

Yeah, I actually went ahead and signed up. It was a bit of a challenge at first but...

I'm just gonna leave this pretty masterpiece here

d2c4e739dc.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Pahn
blob

A map I made before they updated it a month or two ago. Haven't played around with any of the new stuff yet.

• Love
Reactions: junebug and Pahn
Apparently I can't make large-scale things 8D one day I'll just make the whole goddamn continent / world.

MY NEWEST CREATION (still things to be edited but it's mostly done)

8c301e7a25.jpg

This looks fun, but as always, I have to ask before giving them my email...

What do they use it for? Have any folks gotten spam emails from it?

This looks fun, but as always, I have to ask before giving them my email...

What do they use it for? Have any folks gotten spam emails from it?
I don't know what they use it for, but as a person who has an account, I'm happy to say I've never gotten any spam. :)

Reactions: Joan