Inhuman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleasantly surprised by the fearful reaction and the subsequent control of the outburst was promising enough for the older man to actually quirk his lips in a faint smile. Beginning on a light introduction to the tasks Luke was starting on it was if the scene hadn't happened, only the warning. "You will be assigned to general tasks at first, sorting through papers and familiarizing yourself with the research methods, so when the time comes for you to have direct contact with them I wish for you to keep true to your promise."

**^**^**^**

So almost guaranteed to be right... Frowning softly Gwen really didn't like the thought of being a catalyst for change, she didn't consider herself powerful or incredibly clever. "Really..." Feeling even more dejected by the expectations she tried to bury down the tiny fear of disappointing Lily. The hopefulness felt incredibly heavy for her.

Luke nodded while he talked, hiding the slight disappointment he felt when he learned he was going to do paper work. Typical. "I'll do my best. Looking forward to it," he said, really hoping it wouldn't be too long until he was allowed to work with the subjects. That was after all why he was here.

"Eh, I should probably stop talking," Lily said while wrinkling her nose. "I'm not really comforting you, am I..." She sighed and rubbed her eyes a little, and let out a small yawn. "Sorry. I never seem to manage to stop my rambling. But you'll get a break now, I'm going back to sleep."

"Good," giving no inclination of believing nor distrusting the response Max continued on while leading the way around the general area of the lab. "This facility consists of five floors, two of them are basement floors where we keep the research subjects in appropriate holdings, you will gain access to those areas later down the road. First and half of the second floor is the lab areas, the remaining half is assorted storage areas. Third floor is the staff floor where the offices and cafeteria can be located." Giving a rough summary Max had no expectations of Luke lasting long, he would learn the specifics over time if he actually lasted.

**^**^**^**

"I've just woken up in a small cage after being captured," glum she commented back the reality of the situation, "it's not easy finding comfort in this kind of situation." Plus she was tiny, too tiny, the bars of the cage was clearly of cold iron, those assholes, and if she tried to resume her actual size then it would be giving up a good ace on her hand. Damn.

"Okay," Luke said and nodded, trying his best to memories the information. Hopefully there would be someone to ask for directions when he forgot it. "So what will be my first task, if I might ask?" It seemed like there was a lot he wouldn't be allowed at first, until he showed he was trustworthy or good enough or something. So he wondered what he was actually supposed to do now. Hopefully it would be something more interesting than going through files.

"You'll be fine, I promise," Lily said and yawned again as she curled up in her corner. She closed her eyes, and soon drifted off to sleep.

Checking the time he saw it wasn't long until the primary check of their new sample. "Those will have to wait, we've gotten a new specimen in today as well so there's the need to make measurements of it. The sedatives should have worn off by now and it will be alert enough to answer questions in the process." Gesturing for the young man to follow Max continued to explain. "It will be on the second floor, you're to stay silent, observe and be out of the way." Hopefully the kid wouldn't do anything stupid.

**^**^**^**

"I hope so..." Huddling up she looked at the dozing elf, hoping that it wasn't a lie and that the elf truly had the benign kind of foreseeing abilities. That would definitively help.

Status
Not open for further replies.