'Info' tab for Group Roleplays

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raja

Original poster
Hi all,

Just a quick suggestion.

I love the new tabs that come with group roleplay threads, I think it makes everything much easier to access. However, I think now that things are compartmentalised and organised so well in OOC threads, it seems somewhat messy to include all the information about the world your RP is set in within the general 'Thread' section.

It makes more sense to me that we would leave the 'Thread' for general discussion, and have a separate 'Info' (or similarly named) tab where we can store all the information about the worlds our stories are set in.

Haha! I got this one!

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi Peregrine,

Thanks for pointing that out. What I was suggesting, however, is a way of connecting an Info thread to a roleplay via the new 'tabs' along the top: Where we now have 'Overview', 'Cast List', 'Rules' etc, it would be nice to have 'Info'. Unless, there is already a feature for this that I'm not aware of.

Many thanks.

Ah! I see.

Hmm... I know there is a way to link your IC and a signups thread through the edit feature. I don't know how exactly those work, though, and whether or not they can be used for things other than the IC thread and a separate signups thread.

Right now we cannot create more tabs, nor make it so that people can create custom tabs since that system was way too buggy. If you feel that you really need an extra thread for the info, you could create a new thread in the INFO GROUP ROLEPLAY section of the forum (make sure to write on it that it's meant for an info dump and anyone that wants to apply to the RP needs to go to the normal OOC that's in a tab in the overview) then go to the overview, edit it, put a link to the thread in the slot that says "Alternative sign up button link". Note that if you do this, keep your Sign-ups in the normal OOC thread as it will be be more difficult for the mods if you have four threads with one not being linked when they are about to graveyard stuff. Also makes sure to state in the overview that more info exists in the thread of the sign-up button, so that people know that.

Otherwise I would suggest to use coding to fit all your info in the overview. If you use the accordion code or tabs you can have different things showing at different times. Codes are a good way to make the first post not seem that big even though it is gigantic and make everything look organized.

Here's an example for how codings can be used to fit more without taking up the whole page.

Here's the BB code list if you want to try it out. You can test the codes beforehand if you are unsure of how they work either in your blog or in the help desk.

I am thinking about adding a page-tab like the Rules and Cast List pages that would be called Info. 8D But first we want people to get used to the new system before we make any more adjustments or improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.