Infinityverse: The Age of Heroes (Mass-Universe Superhero Crossover RP, See Inside for Details)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Infinityverse Logo.png

Looking for 1-2 Co-GM's to help with plotting the threads/managing everything! PM me if interested!

Dating back as far as humans have existed, so have those with extraordinary abilities. Historical figures such as Achilles who was supposedly impervious to attacks in all areas on his body but one, Edward Thatch, also known as the infamous pirate "Blackbeard", who was rumoured to possess dark supernatural abilities, Moses who used the powers bestowed upon him by the biblical God to part the Red Sea, and many, many more. But although the reality of these figures possessing such powers remains in dispute, the human race has come to understand that extraordinary things, and extraordinary people, do exist.

First came the Mutants; who, apart from a select gene that enabled them to wield inconceivable abilities and powers, were just like the rest of the human race. Mutants had always existed alongside the human race, but only since the Vietnam War has their existence been known on a global-scale. At first people didn't understand Mutants and as a result, they feared them. Years of prejudice and unjust persecution of those with the Mutant gene followed leading up to the modern-age, where, although some people have learned to live with their mutations/Mutant brothers and sisters, others still think of them as 'unnatural abominations'.

However, while Mutants were technically the first large-scale group of extraordinary people to be recognized by the human race, there were others who pre-dated them, such as the world-famous Captain America, a man born to serve the red-white and blue enhanced by medical science to become a super soldier, or the mysterious Diana Prince, who, like a figure right out of Greek mythology, rushed into battle alongside the Allied Powers brandishing a sword, shield, invulnerable gauntlets and an apparently magic lasso. But although the history books recall their existence, not much was known about these two figures as they seemed to disappear after the war ended. Of course, there was the famous "Gotham Bat" who had been around since the early ninety's, but nobody actually believed it was real. Just a ghost story made to scare the already gullible criminals that inhabited the crime-ridden streets of Gotham City.

But in the late 2000's, just as the relations between Mutants and Humans were about to get worse as the United States of America prepared to launch its "Mutant Cure" program, word had just broken out that Tony Stark, the billionaire playboy philanthropist and former weapons-manufacturer, had ousted himself as "Iron Man", a robotic vigilante previously seen fighting another robot near the Stark Facility in Miami. For mankind and Mutantkind, this revelation was groundbreaking and soon after, many mutants began ousting themselves as well, following in the footsteps of Stark, who continued to pick up the metal suit and fight for right when he was needed.

Shortly after, the world bore witness to a series of miraculous occurrences, both good and bad; a giant green monster rampaged its way through Harlem while brawling with another abomination of nature, the famous Captain America was discovered frozen somewhere around the North Pole and unthawed, the Brotherhood of Mutants, a group of mutant-comprised terrorists, re-emerged for the first time since the eighties but were defeated by a band of mutants known as the "X-Men", and it seemed like every major city across the United States began getting a 'local defender' of their own (starting with the 'Red Speedster' as the news called him and continuing through with the 'Star City Robin Hood, the 'Coast City Greenman', and 'that red-clad idiot who loves Chimichongas', to name a few).

But before the world knew what had hit them, the most important events of all took place; the Battle of New York, and the Battle of Metropolis. In what seemed like an impossible coincidence, the world was introduced to some of the greatest threats to their personal safety they would ever see; war-mongering extraterrestrials. First came the Chitauri, who, although simple in their approach of world-domination, were ruthless. Thankfully though, the newly formed super-team "the Avengers" managed to take them down and stop the invasion (with some supportive help from the X-Men, who worked with the new heroes to get civilians out of the battle). But only hours after the invasion of the Chitauri had begun, the Kryptonians led by General Zod arrived and demanded the one known as "Superman". Unlike the Chitauri, Zod wanted to destroy Earth and rebuild it as the new Krypton. Although the Avengers and the X-Men were quick to respond to the threat posed by Zod and the Kryptonians, it was "Superman" who ultimately defeated them and saved Metropolis (or what was left of it in the devastation).

Although both battles had ended with the heroes triumphant, the world was left to wonder whether or not they were prepared for such heroes. On the one hand, the Avengers and X-Men had saved much of New York's and Metropolis' citizens from horrible deaths, but the wreckage caused by Superman and Zod that nearly toppled Metropolis was costly. However, the "Stark Reformation Fund" got quick to work on the ruins and soon, the shining jewel of Metropolis was back.

But as the world begins to become more populated by vigilantes, meta-humans, ancient beings, aliens, and mutants alike, the people are left to ask themselves what the ancient Greeks asked themselves long ago; how can one survive in a world run by gods and monsters?

That, unfortunately, is something the world will have to discover on their own.

-------​

Alright so for those of you wondering; yes, this is a comic-book crossover RP. You can play as somebody from Marvel, DC, Imagine Comics, Darkhorse, or characters from more independent works such as "Empowered". For the time being I won't be allowing Manga characters to join up, unless you can convince me otherwise. The idea is that we can all play a variety of characters from a variety of series all in the same universe together. Just imagine it; Star Lord and Groot kicking back at Wayne Manor hanging out with Booster Gold and Firestorm while Michelangelo of the TMNT and Hellboy arm-wrestle. Just... Imagine...

Now, as many of you have probably noticed in the little blurb giving background info on the world, I seem to have mentioned the events of Comic Book Movies quite a bit. Well, that was entirely intentional. Why? Because, unlike most comic book roleplays that exist purely in the world of the comics, this RP happens to exist in a world where the events of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) and the DCEU (DC Extended Universe), as well as some of the outlying films/shows from other companies (Fox's X-Men, the CN's DC Universe shows such as "The Flash", "Supergirl" and "Arrow", to name a few). To avoid overlapping characters from different realities, I've created an official 'timeline' that shows which films/shows exist in the canon and in what order according to this RP:

• 1920's - Captain America: the First Avenger, Wonder Woman, Hellboy

• 1960's - X-Men: First Class

•1970's - X-Men: Days of Future Past
(due to time-travel being wonky, not many people outside the X-Men remember this event)

•1990's - Batman Begins (modified), Blade

•2006-2008 - X-Men, X2, Ghost Rider

•2008 - Iron Man, The Dark Knight (modified)

• 2010 - The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Deadpool

•2012 - The Avengers, Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, Justice League (altered so Superman is alive)

•2013 - Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 & 2, Arrow, the Flash (TV), Daredevi l (S1-2)

•2014 - Kick-Ass, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage

•2015 -Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist

•2016 - Kick-Ass 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming (altered due to lack of Civil War), The Defenders​

Currently, this RP takes place in modern-day. Now, some of the films were excluded from the list due to plot-reasons which I won't divulge into just yet, but in case you were wondering, yes, just because a film hasn't been mentioned in the timeline doesn't mean you can't play a character originating from it. I also encourage people to add their own stories into the timeline (ex. the formation of the Teen Titans, the New Defenders, etc) if you feel that they can work, but bear in mind that all final decisions come down to me and my Co-GM(s).

Now, onto the fun part; characters!

So yeah, although this is very much grounded in the cinematic takes on beloved comic book universes, you can still play characters who haven't appeared in those films yet (ex. Carol Danvers "Captain Marvel", Shazam, the Wasp, Beast Boy, etc) or if you want to alter the version of that character (ex. the many faces of Batman ranging from West to Affleck, a villain-turned-hero/anti-hero like the comic Harley Quinn, or an alternate take on Black Cat where instead of Felica Kyle, it's Mary Jane Watson trying to spy on the web-head), then you are more than welcome to do so, as are you allowed to grab inspiration from all corners of that character's history. BUT, be mindful that if you make any changes it does not directly affect other players' already-existing characters (ex. Batman can't suddenly become Batwoman if the player controlling Wonder Woman has already worked with Bruce), but if it does then please consult with that person/me/a Co-GM so there isn't a problem.

As for clone characters/characters with extremely similar power-sets, I'll say this; I'm going to be HEAVILY monitoring this for the early stages of the RP and I'll make judgements based on how different they are rather then how similar they are. For example; Iron Man and War-Machine are two guys in metal suits. Although they have the same abilities, the difference between these characters is that Iron Man works for himself/the Avengers, while War-Machine oftentimes works for/with the United States government. On the other hand, Peter Parker and Miles Morales are both teens living in New York with spider-powers. The difference is purely cosmetic (yes they have some different abilities, but the point is they both work as sometimes-Avengers and share an alias). Therefore, Iron Man and War-Machine = Okay, Peter Parker and Miles Morales = Not Okay. This will definitely change as the stories progress, but I don't want to start off with having twelve of the same character. The exemptions to this rule are Sidekicks/Direct Relatives (ex. the Bat-Family, Supergirl/Power Girl).

**Note about comment above: Alternate Dimensional beings, apart from Dormammu, haven't been truly identified in the timeline so please don't have your character be an all-knowing dimension jumper (yet).**

Also, before I move onto more story-associated details, I would like to make it explicitly clear that I will not allow anyone who isn't a GM/Co-GM to play a villain character, unless they're a member of the Suicide Squad and are being forced to 'play nice'. This rule could change later on, but to try and keep things as simple as I can while we start this, I'll leave the villains as N.P.C.'s. Anti-Heroes (Deadpool, Elektra, Rorschach, Catwoman, etc) are all fine, though.

As for how we'll be tackling this RP, I've got an idea based on what kind of characters we get for this. I'll have three different threads set up to begin; there will be the Street-Level Thread (for characters with low-minimal powers, focused more so on solving crimes/mysteries perpetrated by the Criminal Underworld, with a few big-name baddies thrown in there. Teams include the Defenders, the Teen Titans, Justice Forever, and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to name a few), the World-Wide Thread (for more powerful meta-humans/mutants, focusing primarily on taking down super villains and doing good across the world. Teams include the Avengers, the Justice League, X-Men, and the Suicide Squad), and finally, we have the Cosmic Thread (for dealing with problems all across the galaxy and not being exclusively tied to Earth. Teams include the Guardians of the Galaxy, the (Various) Lantern Corps, the Nova Corps, and the Inhumans, to name a few). Now I realize that multiple characters can fall into any of these categories, so after each 'arc' is completed in a thread (there will be different stories that build upon one-another in a traditional comic-book way, eventually leading to some crossovers between the threads depending on the situation), you'll have the option to switch threads based on the storylines that will be pursued next (ex. Superman would be better off fighting Thanos with the Silver Surfer then he would be on-Earth helping the Avengers figure out why Victor von Doom mysteriously turned himself in to the U.N. and what he hopes to gain from it).

Anyways, I've probably rambled on for too long, but I thought I'd throw a bunch of information out there so we don't have to worry about going over the main details later on. If you're interested, please post below with the character(s) you want to claim so I can start making a checklist of who's who (For the record, I will be taking the role of Peter Parker / Spider-Man). I'm allowing everyone to pick up to three characters (one for each thread if you so desire), but I would advise against one person taking a bunch of similar characters (ex. the Hulk-Family) or taking three popular/major characters (ex. Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman) just so we can be fair to everyone.

I don't have a set number of characters/players we'll require for starting this RP, but I figure I'd at least start one thread if people were interested and add the others as more characters join up.

-slides out of corner- 'Allo, Pibbs! Just one quick question--What are our OC options, if we have any?

-slides out of corner- 'Allo, Pibbs! Just one quick question--What are our OC options, if we have any?

Slim to none, unless you can convince me otherwise. Why did you want to use an original as opposed to a canon?

Slim to none, unless you can convince me otherwise. Why did you want to use an original as opposed to a canon?
I never use canons if I can help it tbh ^^' I have very little confidence in my ability to correctly portray somebody else's character, and, besides, it just doesn't feel right for me to do so. That and all I know from this is the MCU (specifically Marvel Studios/Earth-19999(?) MCU, not the X-Men movies or anything like that) and while all the characters from the MCU are excellent, I'm not particularly interested in playing most of those characters myself. I really much prefer to create my own characters.

Last edited:
I never use canons if I can help it tbh ^^' I have very little confidence in my ability to correctly portray somebody else's character, and, besides, it just doesn't feel right for me to do so. That and all I know from this is the MCU (specifically Marvel Studios/Earth-199999(?) MCU, not the X-Men movies or anything like that) and while all the characters from the MCU are excellent, I'm not particularly interested in playing most of those characters myself. I really much prefer to create my own characters.

Alright well if you don't feel like you can play a canon that's fine. Did you have a specific character you wanted to play in mind? Because if so then maybe we could work your OC into being a member of a larger team like the X-Men or something just since those guys have a TON of characters we've never even met before

Alright well if you don't feel like you can play a canon that's fine. Did you have a specific character you wanted to play in mind? Because if so then maybe we could work your OC into being a member of a larger team like the X-Men or something just since those guys have a TON of characters we've never even met before
That could work, sure! The example you used was kind of perfect because the X-Men have always been my favorite superhero team and I really like mutants ^^' I was thinking of possibly bringing in one or two of my characters from Aberration, though I also have an OC or two that I haven't used on this site yet that I'd have to consider. I will probably be playing a mutant for at least one of my characters, though, if that's fine with you.

Yeah that's cool, really it just depends on who the character(s) is/are.

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
Alrighty, I'll be sure to let you know once I've made a decision on who I want to use ^.^ For now I must sleep and play catch-up while I'm still in the middle of a light week, heh...

Sweetness, I'll PM you with details concerning stuff we should take care of in a bit!

I WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR CALL!

friggin telemarketers

I WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR CALL!

friggin telemarketers

Unfortunately I get paid from mere views so HA! My call isn't verbal; it's physical!

*Dun dun duuuuuuuuunnn*

So got a character you want to claim?

All right, so. I think I want to play Joan again as a X-Man, a trickster-style character called Flynn as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and an as-yet unnamed character with plant-manipulation powers as an Inhuman. Does all that sound cool?

Last edited:
I was thinking of playing Either Iron Man, or The Flash, and I was wanting to talk to you about possible co-GM.

I was thinking of playing Either Iron Man, or The Flash, and I was wanting to talk to you about possible co-GM.

Sure, I'll add you to the PM chain to see what's up!

Is it ok if I have OC's and play some cannon characters? (i can handle multiple characters, my last limit was....-searches through old rp stomping grounds- wow 16)

Is it ok if I have OC's and play some cannon characters? (i can handle multiple characters, my last limit was....-searches through old rp stomping grounds- wow 16)

What kind of OC's were you thinking about? I'm thinking about limiting them to select orginazations/teams only (ex. The X-Men or the Inhumans) since the main idea of this was for all of us to play canons (but I don't mind a few OC's here and there).

And what canon(s) would you want to claim?