Infinite Stratos?

• Thread starter Laggy Lagiacrus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laggy Lagiacrus

Original poster
No, we're not going to have any unwanted ecchi or moe. I know that's pretty much th e only reason anybody watches the show but seriously, we have to do some things here that're actually interesting.

Now, those of you familiar with Infinite Stratos, skip head. if you're not, but you're interested, don't ask me. You have the internet, you have Google.

Done? Good, now let's get to the nitty-gritty.

So, as you know, IS units can only be piloted by females, with the exception of the exceptionally useless and supremely dense Orimura Ichika. So what happens when, five years after he graduates, a new type of suit is developed that are on par with IS units?
Terrence Clark, billionaire playboy philanthropist genius, along with a team of other engineers and scientists, have developed a new type of suit - the IA (Infinite Atmos). After much political squabbling, it is decided that trainee IA pilots will be integrated into the IS Academy, along with their own, unique IA suits.

The RP will follow one IS user, and one IA user. I intend to explore how political and social tension affects how they treat each other. In general, IS users don't trust IA users, and vice-versa. They've both got superweapons, and they're willing to use them. And, in a society previously dominated by women, how will the IA units tip the scale, if at all? While the specs match up, can IA suits really take on IS units? And is there something more sinister going on behind the scenes?

I love this idea. I mean I actually agree with you on the ecchi and moe.

Fantastic. I take it that means you'd be willing to play?

Excellent. Would you be comfortable with me in the IA suit and you in the IS, or would you like it the other way around?

I have a character for the IS so I am ok with that.

Fandabidosy. Just to clarify, I'd just like to add that IA pilots can be female, but for the purposes of this RP, they'll be exclusively male. Is this fine with you?

Fantastic. Is there anything you'd like for me to clarify before we get started? Anything you might need me to do?

Okay so I like the idea of how social stuff gets in the way but I also want to incorporate not the needless ecchi and moe but some kind of romance. Like the two are being placed in an arranged marriage and are forced to have to love one another.

I don't know, a forced romance really wouldn't work. Romance is supposed develop, not be pushed needlessly onto two characters. If anything, I think an arranged marriage would only cause the two to resent each other even more. It'd be the kind of hatred nobody can truly get over. Even having them as roommates would be iffy, given that even the idea of a co-ed classroom would be strange.

How about some kind of "Buddy Program?" I'm thinking that government people'll think it's going to be difficult to get people to integrate willingly, so they'll likely try and stay away from each other. So, their solution is to offer incentives for people to integrate. If an IS user and an IA user both agree to stay around each other and at least be polite, they'll get various benefits. Leaving a lesson five minutes early to get first choice of what's in the cafeteria, priority booking for the arena, maybe a small cash incentive, that sort of thing. That way, it'll benefit them both, and they'll do it willingly - they won't like it, but the pros outweigh the cons.

I like the idea. Two who normally hate one another are bade to work together and they form a bond unknowingly.

Ok, that's settled, then. Anything else?

I don't think so. Do you want a cs from me?

I don't really mind, to be honest. If you do put one up, keep it brief - I prefer to let characters develop throughout the RP.

You're welcome to post an image of something if you're having trouble describing something, though. I'm terrible at describing mechs and the like, so I probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.